• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
New page because this is insane.

WORLDS FIRST LEVEL 1000!

CrbYDLjWcAAu74d.jpg

giphy.gif

Why? How? Why?

I'm curious how many hours that guy had to put in.

Seriously, I want to see his career profile.

This is the guy btw.

https://twitter.com/TaZzeRK/status/772041946869137408

What is this Lightning bolt with a circle around it I keep seeing in the upper left hand corner?
connection status update

i don't know exactly what it means, but I think the 3 rectangles means packet loss

edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4moum9/connectivity_icons_and_what_they_mean/
OQrvwg0.png

This icon indicates there is packet loss. Packet Loss can cause a variety of problems ingame, such as hit registration issues.

oZP5lXi.png

This icon represents client-to-server connection issues, aka a bad connection. This one sometimes appears if servers are under load but it's more client based.

however:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7779

Article mentions: "Note: The thresholds for these icons are currently turned down very low, and will pulse when there isn't necessarily a problem. This threshold may change."

I'm pretty sure they just added them to consoles in the latest patch, if that's where you're seeing them, cus I saw them frequently on PC but I don't think I saw them on PS4 before.

Tovarisc

What is this Lightning bolt with a circle around it I keep seeing in the upper left hand corner?

Lightning: This icon pulses when your client hasn't heard from the server for a period longer than your interpolation delay. If this icon is consistently pulsing, it may indicate a connection problem, and can cause erratic behavior in game.

3 squares; This icon will pulse when packet loss is detected. This could indicate a connection problem and can result in erratic game behavior if it goes on for an extended period of time.

Sn4ke_911

Sn4ke_911

same, when I play on PC I get it all the time even though the game seems fine. the blizz article does say that you'll see them occasionally even if nothing is wrong, just because of how sensitive they are.

No no, from now on i use this as an excuse when i don't hit my shots ;p

LiK

I played Genji twice yesterday and he's definitely very weak now. He just lacks so much mobility and survivability because of the triple jump nerf. Hanzo can almost always hit Genji now because he's always in sight as well as the increased projectile speed. And I also echo missed swings in dragon blade. It took me 4 swings just to kill a lone Mercy and she was in my FOV all the time. Just 2 of the strikes wouldn't hit and basically Dragon blade was all but over after that.

I don't see why anyone would pick Genji over the other offensive heroes now on console.
I picked him yesterday and didn't die. Was actually pretty fun. i don't play him like most Genji players so the nerfs to his mobility didn't affect my playstyle. People still have trouble hitting him even in Comp. I think he'll be in my back pocket when i need him for some situations.

LMAO at POTG change! XD
Like i said yesterday only POTGs i am seeing after the patch are Mercy reviving. I mean it's ok, really deserved but kinda boring to watch every time.

I am 100% sure they did something.

Ah so that's why I got 5 times in a row a play of the game with mercy

Auctopus

4 x Wins
4 x Losses
2 x Draws

Like clockwork. Hopefully, now I'm ranked I'll encounter some half competent teams but I doubt it.

Tovarisc

I picked him yesterday and didn't die. Was actually pretty fun. i don't play him like most Genji players so the nerfs to his mobility didn't affect my playstyle. People still have trouble hitting him even in Comp. I think he'll be in my back pocket when i need him for some situations.

He still has some sick movement potential, just not as ludicrous as before.

Moonkeis

I swear don't know if I'm playing QP or placement matches with these team members hero choices...

If anyone has a few placement matches left on PC, I'll be available after 8 PM PST.

Tovarisc

Holy shit this resurrection bug makes Mercy very unreliable. Again res where only 1 out of 2 got ressed, and tank wasn't one getting up.

FUCK

Special C

So how is Mercy performing for you guys? I planned to stick with Lucio in King of the Hill and Payload Defense but to try Mercy in other game modes. Im on vacation so I can't play until next week.

Finally getting some cell reception that's steady. No power and none for the foreseeable future.

Trying to catch up on the thread... did the new season and/or patch hit consoles?

R0ckman

I swear don't know if I'm playing QP or placement matches with these team members hero choices...

If anyone has a few placement matches left on PC, I'll be available after 8 PM PST.

PMd you.

Also placement queue mm is WORSE than your QP. I saw some 500 groups getting queued with people who did not play season one or were level 25s and were steamrolled. They were confused as well. The whole thing doesn't make sense.

ISOM

4 x Wins
4 x Losses
2 x Draws

Like clockwork. Hopefully, now I'm ranked I'll encounter some half competent teams but I doubt it.

I went 5-5 in placement matches. I don't know how Blizzard does this but they seem to find away to make sure you're always never doing too good.

Finally getting some cell reception that's steady. No power and none for the foreseeable future.

Trying to catch up on the thread... did the new season and/or patch hit consoles?

Hurricanes sound like a bitch, stay safe man.
Season 2 has started but I'm holding off on placing until we can get the gang together, hopefully it'll be next week/ weekend as we originally thought.

ekim

Played my first placement match solo Q. We were getting steamrolled so I switched to Winston. The enemy team wasn't prepared for him. Catched widow, Hanzo and Junkrat all the time but they didn't switch. Defended B. On Attack they had the same comp and we won within 3 minutes. Good times.

First placement match got stomped by a 6 players pre-made team, they were making fun of us all the time, and going by the chat filter they were spamming GG ez as well. My blood pressure went up. I am done for today.

Auctopus

Gonna take a rest for a bit. Might start playing next week when the placements have died down a little. It's too frustrating watching Soldier get like 4 kills a game. Also, I realised towards the end of my placement that I should've been playing as someone easier like Soldier, doing placement as Zen or Mercy where your team can't shoot or protect you for some reason just means more unnecessary losses/deaths.

First placement match got stomped by a 6 players pre-made team, they were making fun of us all the time, and going by the chat filter they were spamming GG ez as well. My blood pressure went up. I am done for today.

The gg ez phrases are great. I always say it at the end of the game whether I win or lose.

Defuser

Man I have one very cancerous mei in my team. Who the fuck think its a good idea to place wall inside the point instead at the enemy's entrance on lijiang nonethless? Fuck.

Hurricanes sound like a bitch, stay safe man.
Season 2 has started but I'm holding off on placing until we can get the gang together, hopefully it'll be next week/ weekend as we originally thought.

It's like bad camping where all of your cool electronics taunt you. I fared pretty well but my neighbor had some pretty big trees come down. He wasn't home or his cars would have been obliterated.

A guy down the road had a beast generator going so I was thinking about trading him some gas if he let me hook up my PS4, haha.

Ugh so many games of reaper on that guy. Reaper is probably the most balanced of the attack classes but boy oh boy is he a boring pile of crap. His teleportation is slow and loud, a far cry from the translocator that it was inspired from. Only useful for covering long distances without being contested or securing a spot somewhere to wait for a big ult. His ghost walk is only useful for escaping so it falls under the flaw of a no brainer skill 99 percent of the time. His primary weapon has no nuance to it. The default reticle filling half the screen tells you all you need to know. Probably the only interesting thing about him is the decision making on how much you can go in/ult while picking up souls and surviving. But this kind of positioning and game sense isn't unique enough to make a character interesting on it's own.

Ugh so many games of reaper on that guy. Reaper is probably the most balanced of the attack classes but boy oh boy is he a boring pile of crap. His teleportation is slow and loud, a far cry from the translocator that it was inspired from. Only useful for covering long distances without being contested or securing a spot somewhere to wait for a big ult. His ghost walk is only useful for escaping so it falls under the flaw of a no brainer skill 99 percent of the time. His primary weapon has no nuance to it. The default reticle filling half the screen tells you all you need to know. Probably the only interesting thing about him is the decision making on how much you can go in/ult while picking up souls and surviving. But this kind of positioning and game sense isn't unique enough to make a character interesting on it's own.

xpsFbsS.jpg

Skii

But he's become a niche pick imo and not your main anymore. And that's pretty annoying after putting in 20+ hours into learning the character. You'd definitely be better of maining Tracer/McCree/Reaper/Hanzo/Junkrat for DPS atm. Maybe I'm overreacting and need to have a few more games with Genji to make such sweeping statements but it doesn't look good for the way I play him.

He's no more vanilla/boring than any of the offensive heroes other than Tracer and Genji. McCree is just your standard revolver with a flashbang, Soldier is your extremely vanilla assault rifle class etc. You can generalise a lot of the characters as boring if you go out of your way to trivialise what they add to the game.

Reaper is arguably the most balanced character in the game and is anything but boring for me. His teleport obviously needs to be loud as it would be extremely stupid to allow the highest DPS character in the game to literally get behind you without any warning whatsoever. You're complaining about things that would make him extremely unbalanced.

Wraith form is not just for exiting whenever things get too hot. It's also great for taunting the hook/flash bang/sleep grenade etc.

If you use Reaper correctly and use verticality, he's one of the most interesting offensive heroes to play.

JoeNut

Wow I had like 3 wins in a row playing as mercy and got play of the match every time by using her Ult. seems really fun to play with!! Surprised more people don't use her in QP

Tovarisc

Wow I had like 3 wins in a row playing as mercy and got play of the match every time by using her Ult. seems really fun to play with!! Surprised more people don't use her in QP

She is very depended on her team. If team does what ever and keeps disconnect LOS to her mid-fight then she becomes very weak. In healing and surviving. Team that sticks together and does coordinated shit without doing stupid LOS disconnects to her then she is powerful healer.

Shame that resurrection is bugged now; https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/50z4dx/resurrection_is_unreliable_postpatch_leaving/

Also I have gotten more Mercy POTG's in two days than since release.

Rad-

Been having some horrible team comps in solo queue but somehow have still won most. 6-2 so far in solo queue and 3-3 in gaf groups.

Ramirez

I played Genji twice yesterday and he's definitely very weak now. He just lacks so much mobility and survivability because of the triple jump nerf. Hanzo can almost always hit Genji now because he's always in sight as well as the increased projectile speed. And I also echo missed swings in dragon blade. It took me 4 swings just to kill a lone Mercy and she was in my FOV all the time. Just 2 of the strikes wouldn't hit and basically Dragon blade was all but over after that.

I don't see why anyone would pick Genji over the other offensive heroes now on console.

I played a lot of the same people who mained him last season and they were just as potent as ever. The only difference I'm seeing is the ability to actually hit him now because of the AA fixes. Genji was basically unhittable last season for me.

I also hooked Soldier last night and Roadhog said "Nice mask." After I killed him, that was a new line to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom