• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dad

I had a Bastion teammate that was constantly mashing the "need healing" commnd the entire match. This might be the best way to troll healers I've seen so far

LiK

Ive actually found that I can kill Pharahs with ease as Ana. She feels easy to hit with her.

Although that Ana wasn't doing that. She was failing.

Yea, staying near our spawn and missing constantly. Might as well play Soldier and get his Ult to help out lol

I had a Bastion teammate that was constantly mashing the "need healing" commnd the entire match. This might be the best way to troll healers I've seen so far
I can only imagine...

Bastion:I need healing!
Healer:huh?
Bastion:I need healing!
Healer:are you serious?
Bastion:......I need healing!
Healer:you have a self heal....
Bastion: *rage quits*

Same can be said for anyone who's bad though.

True, but at least a bad player on other classes can still do more damage/kills/heals/take damage better than a bad Ana. Ok, maybe a bad Sym might be worse. But at least bad players MIGHT be able to contribute a fraction of help compared to bad Ana's.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Seriously though, i don't know if it's right to single out a character choice as deadweight instead of a player just being bad.

I've had games where i out dps'd our dps as zenyetta and somehow outdamage our junkrat as mei.

I had a match in comp. where there was this one Mei who ended up with +60 kills, barely died, and effectively carried the entire team.

Sucks that I didn't have that same Mei on my team that match.

LiK

I'm not saying Ana is bad, just saying this Ana we played with was hot garbage. Priority should be healing us not trying to dick around near our spawn trying to kill enemy Pharah. We were on KOTH map. Sigh

I'm not saying Ana is bad, just saying this Ana we played with was hot garbage. Priority should be healing us not trying to dick around near our spawn trying to kill enemy Pharah. We were on KOTH map. Sigh
I don't think I heard a single nano boost either. She just sat back, drank some tea, and occasionally shot Pharah. Oh well :/

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Played with one last night that didn't use a single nanoboost while having it active for multiple pushes on Volskaya (and we had a Rein). I have no idea what the hell he was doing lol.

Just had an 0-6 session playing solo queue in comp.

I swear I just don't know what I'm supposed to do. I feel like the solo queues are literally just throwing dice. I feel like I have zero agency over the outcome of the game, no matter how good or bad I play. I feel like I'm just along for the ride. And I fucking hate playing at a level where Torbjorn and Bastion are in the meta. It fucking sucks. Because inevitably your Bastion is the one that empties his clip straight into a Genji reflect, but your team will happily feed Torbjorn infinite ult charge.

Oh, and here's a good one. I queued up with a rando I added a couple of days ago. We stomped some Quickplay together, and I played a match with him tonight. He was platinum ranked. He decided to play Torb on Volskaya defense; we got run over and he promptly told us to "fuck off" and quit. So I obviously dropped and blocked him, and we gave it our all on a 5v6 attack (but failed of course).

Yeah, so all the standard salt.

LiK

Played with one last night that didn't use a single nanoboost while having it active for multiple pushes on Volskaya (and we had a Rein). I have no idea what the hell he was doing lol.

I noticed this as well. Seems like the bad Anas don't even use her Ult. What gives. Such a waste.

Fun games today. High point was the one in Numbani with a full team, with just a minute on the clock we completed 2 checkpoints. Very nice.

Oh, and ggs Owzers, you were really good with Reinhardt once again.

Antiwhippy

I noticed this as well. Seems like the bad Anas don't even use her Ult. What gives. Such a waste.

At the start i wasn't sure when to use it because people weren't calling their ults, but nowadays i just tab to see who has ult and boost them when i see a good opportunity.

Our team was awful.

Blizzard needs to sort this shit out. If some of these dudes are Diamond, I'm the best player in the world.
Yeah, it might be best to wait a few days so that the crappy players can lose a lot of points and will be gone and the good players will(hopefully) gain a lot of points and will be gone and hat will make the grind a bit easier.

Optimus is very good with Ana, we had a game in Numbani and he was always killing the enemy Pharah lol. I felt sorry for her, since I'm also a Pharah "main".

He also boosted Reinhardt for the POTG, it was a nice game.

Antiwhippy

Yeah, it might be best to wait a few days so that the crappy players can lose a lot of points and will be gone and the good players will(hopefully) gain a lot of points and will be gone and hat will make the grind a bit easier.

I mean it's 3 month season.

Optimus is very good with Ana, we had a game in Numbani and he was always killing the enemy Pharah lol. I felt sorry for her, since I'm also a Pharah "main".

He also boosted Reinhardt for the POTG, it was a nice game.
Ah shit, I remember that game. Poor Pharah. Somebody had to get tucked in
im sorry :p

Also, thx for the compliment. You're a pretty good Lucio yourself :)

everyone we had in that 6 queue tonight were good players, just the enemy teams were just as good.

Antiwhippy

I can't quite grasp what your point is? The pool of players should be stretched out in terms of rank level in about a week or so and the games should(again, hopefully) be better.

It's just that some of you seen weirdly impatient for it to level out? I could be reading it wrong though.

Ramirez

It's just that some of you seen weirdly impatient for it to level out? I could be reading it wrong though.

I'm not impatient, but I expect the second season to be better at not placing people where they clearly don't belong.

Again, I go back to my experience with Halo 5's competitive, I've seen it done much better, so it's frustrating.

Antiwhippy

I'm not impatient, but I expect the second season to be better at not placing people where they clearly don't belong.

Again, I go back to my experience with Halo 5's competitive, I've seen it done much better, so it's frustrating.

I'm not a halo player, but most of the skill in halo comes from how good you can aim with mostly hitscan weapons right? I don't doubt the mm in overwatch can be better but i think the way to measure skill between the 2 are probably pretty different.

finalflame

I'm so fucking titled. I don't know what the fuck to do with competitive. Now 200 points below my season high. And you rank up INSANELY slowly, and rank down way too fucking quickly.

Leaving your games up to randoms at all is such a fucking crapshoot. Even if you have a good 2-3 man it's not enough. Fuck.

Hey, man. Thank you for the awesome games. Sorry I fucked up.

GGs dude. No fuck ups on your end at all. We'll do better next time with our draw of randoms.

darklin0

Banned
I'm so fucking titled. I don't know what the fuck to do with competitive. Now 200 points below my season high. And you rank up INSANELY slowly, and rank down way too fucking quickly.

Leaving your games up to randoms at all is such a fucking crapshoot. Even if you have a good 2-3 man it's not enough. Fuck.

GGs dude. No fuck ups on your end at all. We'll do better next time with our draw of randoms.

It was happening in PTR, I believe its broken. :/
In the PTR I went from ~3150 to 2440 with a 52% win ration in a day.

Blues1990

I know the feeling. Why did the development team made the scoring system incredibly inconsistent? Like, do they want players to NOT play competitive if this is how you'll be rewarded? Doesn't help that the gold rewards are almost impossible to get.

And thank you for the encouragement that I don't suck as a player. There are hundreds of variables that made me go bananas when I was trying to rank up solo, though I also acknowledge the faults I do when playing (semi-over extending when not needed, etc.)

That kind of thing aside, I think Ana could definitely use a buff. Her healing has no way of keeping up with enemy damage output.

Pharah is complete ass now. Even Zarya can hit her reliably. Lol

This new console meta feels really weird. I'm not sure if I like it, and I can't put my finger on why I don't.

Ramirez

Pharah is complete ass now. Even Zarya can hit her reliably. Lol

This new console meta feels really weird. I'm not sure if I like it, and I can't put my finger on why I don't.

That's what I mean with Zarya. She could never reliably track Pharah, Tracer, or Genji before this auto aim fix. Now it's suuuuper easy.

That kind of thing aside, I think Ana could definitely use a buff. Her healing has no way of keeping up with enemy damage output.
No way in hell she needs a buff. I don't know if this is still the case, but before the patch, she had more healing potential than Mercy. Her healing+grenade is absolutely fantastic. She is very balanced right now imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom