• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Genji is still so insanely strong, i'm watching Mendo right now reking the ever living shit out of everyone.

I've been playing this game again recently and realized I don't think I ever really enjoy myself or have a good time with it. I'm either bored because we win so easily or incredibly frustrated because we get stomped. I don't get many good close tense matches.

I think i'm going to uninstall it for a while and see if I feel like coming back. I think the game has this addictive loop to it but I don't think I really enjoy playing it.

It feels like a lot of blizzard's other games where I've seen how they are high quality but I just don't enjoy the "addictive" gameplay loop they go for. It feels hollow.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Why do I have a fucking junkrat in every one of my placements?

Like, these aren't even good junkats.

And they always pick him on attack for whatever reason. Like they'll be defending with another but then decide junkrat is the one to attack with.

Placement Matches done. 5 wins, 4 losses, 1 draw. Not great.

I thought I heard/read that draws would be very, very, rare? But it seems rather easy to get a draw. Both teams capture the first point of Anubis but fail to capture the second point. That's a very easy and likely draw.

I do wish people would stop shooting Genji when he's deflecting. Sick of losing a chunk of health, or even dying, because of stupid teammates.

Ken

Why do I have a fucking junkrat in every one of my placements?

Like, these aren't even good junkats.

And they always pick him on attack for whatever reason. Like they'll be defending with another but then decide junkrat is the one to attack with.

isnt junkrat good vs reinhardt and chokepoints?

Rad-

Placement Matches done. 5 wins, 4 losses, 1 draw. Not great.

I thought I heard/read that draws would be very, very, rare? But it seems rather easy to get a draw. Both teams capture the first point of Anubis but fail to capture the second point. That's a very easy and likely draw.

I do wish people would stop shooting Genji when he's deflecting. Sick of losing a chunk of health, or even dying, because of stupid teammates.

I'm slightly confused about this. Does it depend on the map? Because I had that scenario happen in Hanamura and we still won. I guess we capped the first point faster or does that matter? I was actually expeting a draw in that game but suddenly "VICTORY".

Antiwhippy

isnt junkrat good vs reinhardt and chokepoints?

Yes, when he's controlling the chokepoint. Not so easy to do when you're on attack because the defense team doesn't actually have to go through the chokepoint.

I don't doubt that there are good junkrats on attack but I've seen the killfeed and these junkrats are not appearing in it very often except when they die.

Also I'm just annoyed because more often than not we could have used another healer.

I'm slightly confused about this. Does it depend on the map? Because I had that scenario happen in Hanamura and we still won. I guess we capped the first point faster? I was actually expeting a draw in that game but suddenly "VICTORY".

See, now I thought it should be based on time. We lost the first point in overtime, but we captured it with a minute or so remaining. Didn't seem fair to call it a draw.

I hate losing points in overtime. Bullshit.

WhyMe6

Well, my placements are done. I was 3-7, which is pretty damn awful. Still, I got 22XX, which is pleasantly workable and much better than expected for that lose rate. Luckily, my games since placements have been going well. I'm determined to climb into Platinum.

Antiwhippy

On another "small moments that seem pretty awesome", I saw tracer moving on the back of hollywood, walled off one entry way, the wait patiently for her to move to the other entry way and shot her in the head.

Oh tracer, you card.

Jellie

KSV55prh.png

Won by less than a second.

Hanzo is, I think, an excellent choice right now against most teams in comp. I'm 9/9 placement matches running him on defense on any payload map and Nepal. Absolutely takes tanks out of the match.

Antiwhippy

Man, second time today I created a chokepoint with icewall to force tracer to walk through the tiny gap I made only for her to get an icicle in the head.

It's so much more fun to do this to tracer,.

Rad-

First a match where I get leaver like 1 minute to the game.

Then a match where I get a Mei who keeps trolling the team with ice walls (blocking our ults and teleports etc).

It's so unreal how luck based solo queue is at times.

Jellie

First a match where I get leaver like 1 minute to the game.

Then a match where I get a Mei who keeps trolling the team with ice walls (blocking our ults and teleports etc).

It's so unreal how luck based solo queue is at times.
Three d/cs in two games in a row against 3 top 500 just now for me.
I'm going to have to duo/trio queue I think.

JoeNut

Hanzo is, I think, an excellent choice right now against most teams in comp. I'm 9/9 placement matches running him on defense on any payload map and Nepal. Absolutely takes tanks out of the match.
His ult is great too, don't even need line of sight to kill half a team

Talking of which that ult from the robot girl (diva?) where she says "nerf this" is the most infuriating thing in the game, it is seriously overpowered and seems to require no skill to use

X-Frame

So what is the Support meta now? Where does Mercy fit in?

Is it Lucio + Mercy for Payload/Assault, or Lucio + Zen for KOTH?

EDIT: Can Ana fit in if there is a Reinhardt? She seems to synergize very well with him, being able to just burst heal him quickly and consistently and then Nano Boost him. I guess the situation is that there should almost always be a Reinhardt anyway so ...

Antiwhippy

First time breaking out mccree for comp and I got 29 elims. Not bad.

Too bad we had a mei and torb on attack payload.

Lucio's speed boost isn't nearly as good, so on offense I'd almost rather see Zen and Ana but Lucio has better movement so people still stick with him.

Mercy only has 2s of LOS lost to lose the beam now so that makes her a bit more of a challenge to use. Good for defending though.

IMO, Zen is the must have right now.

Speaking of Supports, seeing everyone else rank in platinum / diamond playing non support roles makes me think Blizzard didn't dial that support MMR in just yet...

Kysen

Today was the first time I saw the toxicity people on forums were talking about. Just had a game where I was the solo healer (mercy) and had people in chat and on voice constantly calling me bad. One dude was literally screaming over the voice chat "never play mercy again". Then we won the game, only me and another dude showed up in the cards. 45% of team damage healed.

Rad-

EDIT: Can Ana fit in if there is a Reinhardt? She seems to synergize very well with him, being able to just burst heal him quickly and consistently and then Nano Boost him. I guess the situation is that there should almost always be a Reinhardt anyway so ...

So far I have had the best luck with Mercy+Zen in payload and assault and Lucio+Zen or just Lucio in koth.

Tovarisc

Friend played Diva and some random Soldier. Soldier player gave my friend shit for not countering and killing Pharah. WTF?

Edit: Also fuck you any premades who play their own game, doing picks that only work for that 3 man premade.

His ult is great too, don't even need line of sight to kill half a team

Talking of which that ult from the robot girl (diva?) where she says "nerf this" is the most infuriating thing in the game, it is seriously overpowered and seems to require no skill to use

Don't worry, as you play more those are two of the more useless ults that become very easy to avoid. At higher levels they are used more to clear people from an area than to actually get kills.

Rad-

Okay seriously this is getting annoying. Is the ranking up system bugged or something? My team was the underdog by around 40 points and I only gained 15 sr points from the win. That's nothing.

And then the next game we lost as underdog and I lose 30. Sigh...

Auctopus

I don't understand.

Me playing as Zarya: "Graviton surge is ready"

Hanzo & McRee: "Ynderstood"

Zarya: "Graviton surge is ready"

Hanzo & Mcree: "Our ultimates are ready

*lauch graviton surge, get 4 enemies*

Mcree and Hanzo proceed to whiff shots around the cluster and not perform their ultimate.

I don't understand.

Me playing as Zarya: "Graviton surge is ready"

Hanzo & McRee: "Ynderstood"

Zarya: "Graviton surge is ready"

Hanzo & Mcree: "Our ultimates are ready

*lauch graviton surge, get 4 enemies*

Mcree and Hanzo proceed to whiff shots around the cluster and not perform their ultimate.
This is what mics are for!

Antiwhippy

I'm starting to really not like ranked koth.

*Everybody picks a dps and junkrat*

*I go heals*

*DPS and junkrat proceeds to not be actually good and I'm healing my ass off while they keep missing*

Prelude.

Is anyone experiencing glitchy killcams/potg after the update? I had it happen twice yesterday and the only way to fix it is rebooting the game. Basically instead of showing the footage it just shows the sky and that's it.

MGrant

I'm starting to really not like ranked koth.

*Everybody picks a dps and junkrat*

*I go heals*

*DPS and junkrat proceeds to not be actually good and I'm healing my ass off while they keep missing*

Definitely the biggest frustration, especially on Lijiang and Ilios. If I have to go tank or heals because people instalock DPS, I expect them to actually be getting kills. Instead I usually just see Reapers constantly trying to flank by themselves (don't do this!) and Pharah/McCree taking potshots from a distance.

Is anyone experiencing glitchy killcams/potg after the update? I had it happen twice yesterday and the only way to fix it is rebooting the game. Basically instead of showing the footage it just shows the sky and that's it.

Yeah I had one today. A Tracer who got PotM but it was just still footage of one of the walls.

R0ckman

Okay seriously this is getting annoying. Is the ranking up system bugged or something? My team was the underdog by around 40 points and I only gained 15 sr points from the win. That's nothing.

And then the next game we lost as underdog and I lose 30. Sigh...

Yeah played with Moonkie last night for a bit and when we lost I lost like 20 points he lost 50 when I won I got like 30 points and whatever he got was not enough to make up for the loss. DPS is heavily baised for favor as well. Went soilder and was on fire for most of the match almost got close to 100 points.

Rad-

Yeah played with Moonkie last night for a bit and when we lost I lost like 20 points he lost 50 when I won I got like 30 points and whatever he got was not enough to make up for the loss. DPS is heavily baised for favor as well. Went soilder and was on fire for most of the match almost got close to 100 points.

Yeah I got that 15 when playing support. Now got 40 when winning with McCree and our teams had equal sr. If it really favors dps this much then I feel for you support mains out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom