• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has easily the biggest healing potential out of all the healers.
Oh, so she still has more healing potential than Mercy? That's what I bought, but I didn't know the numbers on Anas healing, so I wasn't sure.

But yeah, as someone who is slowly becoming an Ana main(I'm dead serious, I'm in love with her), she is in no need of a buff.

Ramirez

No way in hell she needs a buff. I don't know if this is still the case, but before the patch, she had more healing potential than Mercy. Her healing+grenade is absolutely fantastic. She is very balanced right now imo.

Then why doesn't anyone pick her? Because it's more than likely an easy win for any competent team that faces her, lol.

Then why doesn't anyone pick her? Because it's more than likely an easy win for any competent team that faces her, lol.
That's because there aren't a lot of competent Anas out there. She's a hero that has a very complex skill set AND requires good aim. She just has a very high skill cap, doesn't mean she needs a buff.

Although, now that I think about it, it would be nice if her grenade had a tad bit bigger radius. It feels fairly small.

finalflame

People do pick her. The thing is she requires situational awareness + good aiming/twitch skills, as to where the other healers' healing component only requires situational awareness. It's relatively easy to play a healer in OW -- you just need to be very situationally aware. But for Ana, you need to actually be able to aim really well, too, or you won't heal shit. There's a reason she's a 3-star skill hero.

Also, not sure which platform you're on, but she gets picked plenty on PC competitive. At least so far in Season 2.

That kind of thing aside, I think Ana could definitely use a buff. Her healing has no way of keeping up with enemy damage output.

Ana has the best burst heal in the entire game. Grenade + 1 shot is full health from zero for most heroes (instant 250 right there). Do that to a bunch of teammates and 3 shots = 3 fully healed teammates. And if you did that in a full blown melee then your enemies aren't being healed at all which nullifies every other healer.

Also she can heal at ranges the other healers can't. A boosted charging rein can still be healed while Ana is safe. Can even help a bit too.

Sleep dart should also neutralize enemy DPS making things way more manageable for the team.

In a nutshell her kits is absurdly powerful but it's not very easy to utilize the whole kit. The player needs great situational awareness.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Make sure I'm in every single frame of it.

Just watching from the bushes.

And the aftermath.

Poor LiK.

dongjun-choi-meijunk6.jpg

Every time I play her she feels way underpowered. It feels like I'm not healing my team enough, and I'm shooting at enemies with spitballs.
Well, you not healing enough is more of problem with you not healing enough and not Ana. You have to always be behind the team so that you can always keep an eye on then.

Also, her DPS is actually very good, especially for a hero with her healing potential.

Sleep dart turns a fight into a 5v6(if no one shoots at the sleeping target)

Healing grenade further increases her healing.

Her ult is fucking God tier.

She literally has everything. Solid DPS, great healing, CC, AOE heal, she can heal herself, and a great ult.

Ramirez

That's because there aren't a lot of competent Anas out there. She's a hero that has a very complex skill set AND requires good aim. She just has a very high skill cap, doesn't mean she needs a buff.

Although, now that I think about it, it would be nice if her grenade had a tad bit bigger radius. It feels fairly small.

I just don't think it's possible to reach full potential with her on console, it's too damn hard. They need to increase the hit box on her sleep dart and make the grenade splash much larger.

People do pick her. The thing is she requires situational awareness + good aiming/twitch skills, as to where the other healers' healing component only requires situational awareness. It's relatively easy to play a healer in OW -- you just need to be very situationally aware. But for Ana, you need to actually be able to aim really well, too, or you won't heal shit. There's a reason she's a 3-star skill hero.

Also, not sure which platform you're on, but she gets picked plenty on PC competitive. At least so far in Season 2.

I'm console, never see her and when I do it makes me happy if she's on the other team.

I'm console, never see her and when I do it makes me happy if she's on the other team.
You must not have seen my Ana yet (;

Also, I don't think sleep dart needs a bigger hit box. I have pretty solid luck at hitting them. You just got to go for the tanks, as they're easier to hit. Ults as well, of course.

Antiwhippy

Well, you not healing enough is more of problem with you not healing enough and not Ana. You have to always be behind the team so that you can always keep an eye on then.

Also, her DPS is actually very good, especially for a hero with her healing potential.

Sleep dart turns a fight into a 5v6(if no one shoots at the sleeping target)

Healing grenade further increases her healing.

Her ult is fucking God tier.

She literally has everything. Solid DPS, great healing, CC, AOE heal, she can heal herself, and a great ult.

I've come round in thinking that while her ult is very good, it's still the weakest of the support ults with an exception to symm maybe. All the other support ults are legitly near broken though.

Also the stun before the opponent fully awakens means that you probably should shoot them when you get the chance.

Moonkeis

Solo queued a few games... This rein just constantly kamikazed into the other team spamming for heals. And then switched to Phara, stood on the roof spamming for heals (was using Lucio).

Did they implement the gather for heals emote yet?

6 manning is definitely way more stressful than 3 or 4. Didn't do too bad (We had 3 wins and 2 losses), and I ended up 30 higher than I started. But those matches are intense @_@

Only part that made me mad was we barely lost to a 3200 ranked team. We would have been swimming in the exp

Antiwhippy

Solo queued a few games... This rein just constantly kamikazed into the other team spamming for heals. And then switched to Phara, stood on the roof spamming for heals (was using Lucio).

Did they implement the gather for heals emote yet?

Look, those people don't care.

If they're really that dumb I don't go out of my way to heal them and prioritise people actually doing stuff.

Danj

It really annoys me when people ask me to play something and I say "OK, but I warn you I suck with this character" and then at the end of the match when we lost I get a load of salt, and it's like "hey you told me to play this, I told you I sucked".

Antiwhippy

3 healer meta and we won! 3 healer meta is here bois.

It's QP against a really bad team but ehhhhh, details. :p

It really annoys me when people ask me to play something and I say "OK, but I warn you I suck with this character" and then at the end of the match when we lost I get a load of salt, and it's like "hey you told me to play this, I told you I sucked".

I hate it even more when I'm actually doing my role well with a character, then get asked to switch for some stupid reason.

Back in Season 1 I was owning a match solo healing with Zenyetta (I think I finished like 44/6 or something), and some guy was getting pissy that I wasn't discording enough. (Not sure how, because I was firing them off like an uzi).

It was a bit of cosmic karma that we got put on opposite teams the next match, and I personally discorded and killed him numerous times. Even got a hilarious hate mail saying I got carried

Ramirez

I feel like they just overtuned the shit out of auto aim on console to the point that it's borderline ruined the game, ugggh.

I feel like they just overtuned the shit out of auto aim on console to the point that it's borderline ruined the game, ugggh.

Yeah, its silly on some characters, McCree and Zarya especially. Then on some like Winston I had to turn it off because it causes my arcs to randomly crap out

I might actually quit the game if they nerf Zarya because the auto aim got buffed.

Had one of those nights where matchmaking did not want me to win. Sometimes you get put on a team that simply refuses to work together. Sometimes you get put against a team that simply works better together than yours. Sometimes you get put against a Genji that consistently wipes half your team before they can even get to the payload.

And the aftermath.

dongjun-choi-meijunk6.jpg

Mei as a Dark Souls boss

Some motherfucker bailed out in the middle of my last placement match, lol. I hope the five of us got extra-badass placement consideration for sticking it out for the rest of the match. (Had one final push that got shockingly close, too.)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Twice people have tried to tell me how I should be playing Lucio just now the team was so bad that I had gold elims with only 4 kills....

2/2/2 doesn't even seem that good anymore. I have no idea why but Lucio seems like a worse healer now even though his healing didn't change at all. He's not fun, and I don't even like seeing one on my team that much.

Mercy is easily the best healer but she's getting annihilated by this new aim assist, goes down instantly. In fact, all the supports kind of do. McCree picks them off or the new godly Tracer is in the back field. No idea which or how many supports is the right team comp.

Zarya is insane now, and one of the few that is a great counter to McCree, the range buff is insane. And yet tanks in general just seem to be less effective because the game has become long range kills and flanking.

I honestly think the best team comp on console right now is something like:
Tracer
McCree
Soldier
Zarya
Roadhog
Zen
Not much healing but Tracer recalls and can get health, Roadhog heals, Zarya regenerates, 76 has decent healing. I suppose you could go Mercy for Zen, Mei for Roadhog, Hanzo for Solider depending on your preference. Just overwhelm the other team with DPS rather than wait four the ult push. I'm just constantly in the backfield killing supports as Tracer these days, they have become much less vital.

Game feels way more long range and slow now, and I definitely like it less.

BUT please please please don't straight nerf Zarya, McCree, and Tracer three of my favorites, and it's not neccessary. Just tweak the auto aim, I'm glad they fixed the vertical aim crap, but they went to far in that direction, just dial it back a bit.

Wonder how much Blizzard cares about the console. Because the game really doesn't feel that great anymore.

LiK

should i even bother with McCree again? is he much better after the aim assist was fixed? i think Lucio is still good from what games i played but the Mercy rezzes have been pretty clutch in OT.

Jellie

2/2/2 doesn't even seem that good anymore. I have no idea why but Lucio seems like a worse healer now even though his healing didn't change at all. He's not fun, and I don't even like seeing one on my team that much.

Mercy is easily the best healer but she's getting annihilated by this new aim assist, goes down instantly. In fact, all the supports kind of do. McCree picks them off or the new godly Tracer is in the back field. No idea which or how many supports is the right team comp.

Zarya is insane now, and one of the few that is a great counter to McCree, the range buff is insane. And yet tanks in general just seem to be less effective because the game has become long range kills and flanking.

I honestly think the best team comp on console right now is something like:
Tracer
McCree
Soldier
Zarya
Roadhog
Zen
Not much healing but Tracer recalls and can get health, Roadhog heals, Zarya regenerates, 76 has decent healing. I suppose you could go Mercy for Zen, Mei for Roadhog, Hanzo for Solider depending on your preference. Just overwhelm the other team with DPS rather than wait four the ult push. I'm just constantly in the backfield killing supports as Tracer these days, they have become much less vital.

Game feels way more long range and slow now, and I definitely like it less.

BUT please please please don't straight nerf Zarya, McCree, and Tracer three of my favorites, and it's not neccessary. Just tweak the auto aim, I'm glad they fixed the vertical aim crap, but they went to far in that direction, just dial it back a bit.

Wonder how much Blizzard cares about the console. Because the game really doesn't feel that great anymore.
Yup killing mercy or dancing Lucio is really easy now. Zenyatta and ana were already easy.

ramyeon

Got from 2080 to low 2400s easy but it's proving difficult to break through to 2500. Matchmaker always seems to throw me really unbalanced games throwing me back to high 2300s.

jorma

is now taking requests
Every time I play her she feels way underpowered. It feels like I'm not healing my team enough, and I'm shooting at enemies with spitballs.

I agree, thats how i feel too, and i don't really seem to get any medals when i play her, but i think she's my hero with the best winrate. Not with a massive amount of games mind you, but still...

maomaoIYP

Placements done, all solo queue.
6 wins, 3 losses, 1 draw.
8 games with Pharah, 1 with Roadhog, 1 with Lucio, 4 POTMs.
2764, not too bad I guess. Looks like it's going to be a long way to 3000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom