• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

so the Sombra counter is at 21%, anyone think that anything will unlock at 23 percent since she is the 23rd character, 38% because it has been rumoured that maybe Sombra is Soldier 76's daughter, or the boring ass long haul of 100%?

People actually care about that badly handled ARG still?

so the Sombra counter is at 21%, anyone think that anything will unlock at 23 percent since she is the 23rd character, 38% because it has been rumoured that maybe Sombra is Soldier 76's daughter, or the boring ass long haul of 100%?
if they hadn't patched on thursday/friday whenever it was i would've said it was going to unlock at 23%... but now:
Not only will the countdown not end until 100%, but then there will just be another link to another countdown.
:p

hydruxo

Trying to expand my hero pool recently too. I mainly stick with Offense heroes because I enjoy dishing out DPS but I do want to get better with tanks. Lucio is really the only support I feel comfortable with, though I think I could hold my own with Zen but I just don't use him enough.

AAA: Reaper, Tracer, Pharah
A: McCree, Soldier, Junkrat
B: Lucio, Zarya, Mei
C: Hanzo, D.Va, Roadhog, Ana, Bastion
D: Genji, Torb, Winston, Zen, Reinhardt
F: Widowmaker, Mercy, Symmetra

Roadhog and Ana are the ones I want to practice next

Gorillaz

Speaking of Roadhog I pretty much got the jist of his kit and I think I'm at the point of "mastering" him. Dude is pretty much a "seek and destroy" type. He's out there in the trenches just giving healers and DPS aka "squshy" types the work.

caesar

Banned
No coinflip is godlike but having timebank on payload seems dumb? Like brah if we finished the map faster than you we should just win...

MGrant

After 50 hours, I'm still edging closer and closer to Platinum, only to usually have a losing streak around 2490. Feels bad. My personal power ranking so far:

My prime homeboys: Zenyatta, Mei, Roadhog, Reaper

My less-prime-but-still-homeboys: Lucio, McCree, Symmetra, D. Va

I'd like to learn these, but I don't really know what I'm doing yet: Pharah, Reinhardt, Junkrat, Mercy, Ana, Zarya, Soldier, Winston

I'd rather not: Tracer, Widow, Bastion, Genji, Torbjorn, Hanzo

finalflame

No coinflip is godlike but having timebank on payload seems dumb? Like brah if we finished the map faster than you we should just win...

Probably too competitive for most; Blizzard is trying to strike a balance between fun/accessible and competitive, even in Competitive. I agree that Competitive should be relentless and 100% competitive, though, even with grouping ranges. People can always play Quick Play with their friends. Competitive is about being competitive.

Owzers

I should play Zarya more, my problem with her was not being able to beam people that well so i that's made easier i have to check it out. I want to say Mercy is my next best character after Rein but i die too much as her, i'm not sneaky enough and i fly too often into danger because all i want to do is save your life.

A: Rein, Attack Torb
B: D.va, Lucio, Mercy, Winston
C: Mei, Pharah, Zeny, Zarya, Reaper, Roadhog, Junkrat, Tracer, Symmetra

D:eek:n't even think about the rest.

Gorillaz

oh yea why is bastion and torb still the go to on console in terms of defense?

it ain't launch week anymore people have figured those guys out and in terms of torb....his ass is 30 percent less annoying

Anne

My hero pool atm is like

S: Tracer, McCree, Reaper
A: Soldier(rust), Genji, D.Va, Mei
B: Winston, Zarya, Mercy, Pharah
C(can use if really needed): Ana, Zen, Rein, Junk

I need to bring my Pharah/Mercy up along with another tank or so :T My S-B chars are all good enough for comp out the gate though, so that's good.

Satch

Banned
god i hate stacks in this game, theyre more abusive than any of the stacks ive had to deal with in dota 2 by a mile. i block people super frequently in overwatch and thats a hell of an achievement cuz i barely did it in dota

but i guess its because theres no scoreboard so they cant see that theyre wrong and targeting the wrong person :) thanks blizzard Xd

Is anyone else having connection issues on PS4? I'm playing Overwatch and the lag is crazy but my connection is just fine 20ping with 24down and 4up. I get those connection indicators on the top left of my screen non stop along with the worst rubber banding.
I've lagged out of PSN a couple of times.

When someone in your friends list invites you to a group, you play and win a couple of games, and then someone in the group says 'my friend is online, who's this guy? let's make a new group' and the person who invited you disavows any knowledge of you.
*goes back to playing solo pubs*

LiK

my hero pool is:

SSS: Junkrat
A: D.Va, Reaper, Pharah
B: Soldier, Lucio
C: the rest
F: Zen

When someone in your friends list invites you to a group, you play and win a couple of games, and then someone in the group says 'my friend is online, who's this guy? let's make a new group' and the person who invited you disavows any knowledge of you.

well, that's shitty. i would delete them if that happened to me.

Rad-

:(

Gorillaz

it's the weekend

Defense? I still see them get picked for offense...

im looking at this dudes most played character

fucking torb at 22 hours straight
lucio at 3
trailer at like an hour

just awful and this isn't the first time

and we lost, went down by 50 points from that one yet only going up by 10 for each win
WqedUdA.png

alright blizz

Tovarisc

Season 1 has really left mark on people. DPS was most efficient route to good placements and then climb ranks. Shows in Season 2 as everyone despises playing tank or healer, so no one picks those roles. Getting a lot picks where comp is 0 - 1(me) - 5 or 1(friend) - 1(me) 4.

What happened to me now was absolutely infuriating.

Ilios, playing as Reaper, first 2 games we won 100-0 with me having 4 gold medals at that point. 3rd game our Lucio decides he will do a better job as Ana on KOTH, we start losing terribly so he decides he will do an even better job as Reinhardt. Someone decides to pick Lucio finally. I managed to kill 5 enemies in a row and we secured the point, but they had too much advantage by that time. 2-2, last game, our Lucio was probably the worst I ever seen always giving speed and never healing, they are winning 99-0 and I manage to get another 5 in a row all by myself (POTG) and immediately after our Lucio without enemies around decides it's a good time to play on the well, falling to his death. We couldn't secure the point for more than 30s and lost a game that was basically guaranteed by the second round.

Is it really that hard playing support for just one fucking game? In this competitive season I mostly played Lucio even if he isn't my favorite character, so having this shit happen to me the moment I decide to play another character is unbearable.

LiK

Ilios, playing as Reaper, first 2 games we won 100-0 with me having 4 gold medals at that point. 3rd game our Lucio decides he will do a better job as Ana on KOTH, we start losing terribly so he decides he will do an even better job as Reinhardt. Someone decides to pick Lucio finally. I managed to kill 5 enemies in a row and we secured the point, but they had too much advantage by that time. 2-2, last game, our Lucio was probably the worst I ever seen always giving speed and never healing, they are winning 99-0 and I manage to get another 5 in a row all by myself (POTG) and immediately after our Lucio without enemies around decides it's a good time to play on the well, falling to his death. We couldn't secure the point for more than 30s and lost a game that was basically guaranteed by the second round.

Is it really that hard playing support for just one fucking game? In this competitive season I mostly played Lucio even if he isn't my favorite character, so having this shit happen to me the moment I decide to play another character is unbearable.

lol, why do they switch when they're winning? i will only switch if we're struggling. didn't Blizz fix SR for Supports? No point in picking DPS just to rank up.

5.48 k/d with Zarya in S2. 33/6

Really wish I had played her before now. Fucking broken right now.

Are you playing tonight? maybe we can get a few matches together. I just wanna make up for the losses from the past few nights.

Been toying with buying this for a while but never got round to it.

I wont be touching competitive for a long while...maybe never as i cant be bothered listening to sore losers playing the blame game if the team we are in loses. Hence why i dont play DOTA or did raids on WOW. So I'll mainly be playing Quick matches for the time being.

From what i gather, there are characters that are frowned apon by the community and ones that are seen to be more favorable.

what are your recommendations for what characters i should focus on and what should i not touch even with a shitty stick

p.s. i'm terrible a sniping, so none of those ones...if there are any

Ta for any help given

Reinhardt and Lucio are really good starting points. Teams always need Tanks and Healers, and those have good survivability at lower levels.

The most important piece of advice (besides "DO NOT TRICKLE IN!!!") is learn to survive. Know when to disengage and get healed up. The run from the spawn is long, and leads to the aforementioned trickling in.

Season 1 has really left mark on people. DPS was most efficient route to good placements and then climb ranks. Shows in Season 2 as everyone despises playing tank or healer, so no one picks those roles. Getting a lot picks where comp is 0 - 1(me) - 5 or 1(friend) - 1(me) 4.

Whats interesting is that because no one is playing tank/healer those who do end up getting those spots reluctantly are pretty bad. Those who have tank/healer mains and pick them from the start end up begin pretty successful.

Rad-

I always shit my pants when team mates start totally switching a winning team combo. Btw I can play healer next time when we play together so you can play DPS. I didn't have the best of games earlier today with tanks and dps anyways.

Tovarisc

Whats interesting is that because no one is playing tank/healer those who do end up getting those spots reluctantly are pretty bad. Those who have tank/healer mains and pick them from the start end up begin pretty successful.

I main Mercy and like to think I'm quite good with her. Like you said when you got tank from player who doesn't like tank results are... disaster. Still S2 does give more reward for being DPS... :/

LiK

the only good thing about the leaver penalty now is they get 10 min ban and they need to play some unknown amount of matches to completion to get their account back to good standing or they will get banned for leaving too often from the OW videos explaining it. hopefully it starts to weed out those stupid players.

LiK

You should have stayed. We won all our games today. I climbed from 3013 to 3176 so I'm pretty happy.

what's your PSN? i feel like i have you in my list.

speaking of which, need to purge my list again of some folks. nothing personal but it's personal.

LiK

Some argue that penalty is must because premades could abuse the system if it didn't give RS penalty after someone left.

but they shouldn't punish you for a random leaving, imo. if the guy isn't a part of your group and he leaves then i dunno why the group gets punished.

lol, why do they switch when they're winning? i will only switch if we're struggling. didn't Blizz fix SR for Supports? No point in picking DPS just to rank up.

It's completely dumb. Even if the supports get less points I really don't care. Rank means nothing to me, I just want to play well and with people that know what they are doing, and make the minimun effort of staying together and don't go running solo to their deaths. I just keep spamming group up but it's like no one cares.

I always shit my pants when team mates start totally switching a winning team combo. Btw I can play healer next time when we play together so you can play DPS. I didn't have the best of games earlier today with tanks and dps anyways.

Thank you man. We had some good games today but sometimes it's really impossible no matter how you try.

The level of players in this competitive season is really really bad...

what's your PSN? i feel like i have you in my list.

speaking of which, need to purge my list again of some folks. nothing personal but it's personal.

Did you take me off your list? Yesterday you joined optimus but you weren't online on my friends list in the beginning but you appeared later, it was weird. Today I didn't see you online either.

My hero pool consist of Lucio,
Lucio
, and
Lucio.

I have 97 hours played and 49 of those are just Lucio. Hardly anyone plays support, so I just end up doing it. Lucio is pretty fun though when it comes to a support character. He allows me to play aggressive and not sit in the backlines like the other supports, so I don't mind too much. When I actually get to play something else besides support, I like to play S76, D.Va, or Zarya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom