• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

It seems like in lower levels often players don't swap classes to account for enemy comp because they likely don't understand they are being countered.

If the enemy team is destroying us with PhaMercy our team with Reaper, Tracer, and Junkrat don't know to switch. Or a Roadhog who is constantly Discorded and focused down by a Reaper. Ra definitely frustrating.

exYle

I think I'm ready to start my placement matches after "training" the past few weeks with a broad range of heroes. Is it a good time now to do them on PS4 or are the players still being trolly?

Anyway, I've kinda broken down who I'm confident/good with:

Very confident with:
Reinhardt
Zarya
Zenyatta

Your teams will love you

Poor with:
D.Va
Pharah
Ana
Bastion
Hanzo
Genji

They won't realize it, but your teams will REALLY love you

Jellie

i haven't placed yet (only done 4 matches, so far)... would we be able to roll together? IDK! My PSN: res1tvih
Can try but not sure if it would work and if it did I'm not sure how it would affect your placements. Anyone know?
Awesome. Been playing D.va, Zenyatta and Mei mostly. Highest I'v reached is 2718. At 2608 at the moment D:
Just got your add. If it's not somebody else.

xaosslug

I think I'm ready to start my placement matches after "training" the past few weeks with a broad range of heroes. Is it a good time now to do them on PS4 or are the players still being trolly?

Anyway, I've kinda broken down who I'm confident/good with:

Very confident with:
Reinhardt
Zarya
Zenyatta

Fairly confident with:
Roadhog
Mei
Soldier 76
Reaper
Junkrat
Symmetra
Mercy

Average with:
Winston
Tracer
Lucio
Torbjorn

Poor with:
D.Va
Pharah
Ana
Bastion
Hanzo
Genji

A toddler could outplay me:
Widowmaker
McCree

solid list. A good Zarya, Rein, or Zenny are freaking invaluable these days! :D

R0ckman

Got a dumb junkrat and mei combo that cost us a match. Mei kept blocking at terrible times and junkrat chose to use ult while wall was up and istead of going around the side of the wall go up it and waste it as it was easy to fire it.

Well, today's matches went better I guess :)
38b94e7ff7.jpg

Defuser

Thats it. FUCK COMPETITIVE, this is too much salt for me to handle. I will never reach Platinium, 2476 was my highest with only 1 more win to plat and then everything come crashing down. Constant losing streak and now im 2238 with 250 lost meaning I need 6 wins to hit plat.

I seriously fucking hate all those random teammates who pick Hanzo/Torb/Bastion/Ana/Widowmaker/Symmetra.

I seriously hate random teammates who refuses to change out their heroes despite being countered every damn time.

I seriously hate random teammates who don't understand team composition.

I seriously hate random teammates who pick heroes they are not familiar/good with because they only play 1 hero most of the time.

System is biased towards attack classes. They did not fix it, even if you carry with like Zarya you wouldnt get much even if you did half with Solider who would get you over 50 points in some cases.

Only went pharah few a few rounds. Majority I went tank or support.

Good to know the game still hates me

R0ckman

Thats it. FUCK COMPETITIVE, this is too much salt for me to handle. I will never reach Platinium, 2476 was my highest with only 1 more win to plat and then everything come crashing down. Constant losing streak and now im 2238 with 250 lost meaning I need 6 wins to hit plat.

I seriously fucking hate all those random teammates who pick Hanzo/Torb/Bastion/Ana/Widowmaker/Symmetra.

I seriously hate random teammates who refuses to change out their heroes despite being countered every damn time.

I seriously hate random teammates who pick heroes they are not familiar/good with because they only play 1 hero most of the time.

I finding hard to carry too because the teams more than half the time know to focus you. Then we got the new junkrats that cant do anything.

Went 5-5 in solo placement matches, rank 2121. Meh.

In every single game, I had a gold in objective time. Every single one. That seems weird to me. Does no one else just camp the objective or what?

2:30 average objective time. Also averaging 25 eliminations and 6 deaths as D.Va. Got a quad kill with her ult on Illios which basically won the game for us, so that was cool.

ViviOggi

Don't focus on things out of your control, don't play on tilt

xaosslug

just wanted to say to Kwixotik & Joninder if it seemed like I was ignoring your invites in particular I was not! I've been in Brawl since the patch dropped (except for this morning when I did 4 comp matches). I hope we can play togethuuuuuuh! :D

Man, played with someone on voice comms that must be around 10-12 years old and it was the most adorable thing haha. He was really sincerely calling it out and seemed genuinely happy when people followed his callouts. Plus the voice was just adorable.

Can't wait for the overwatch playerbase to beat that sincerity and positivity out of him.

Had my D.Va Gremlin Emote going before an Attack, and the tween on the mic (Genji, of course) was leaning over D.Va's shoulder and gushing on the mic, "Wow, she's playing a video game- I want to play that game, too. Can I play? Can I play?"

It was about the cutest thing in the world, and he was a pretty good Genji- or he at least feasted on the multiple Bastions the other side put out, which is a good Genji as far as I'm concerned.

I can't comprehend a child of that age being in any way adorable.

On PS4 they're actually pretty cute, obviously raised on Minecraft chat, and the teamwork aspect of that- and ability to talk on the mic while playing their best- really carries over. Of course they all have parrots or barking dogs (every single one), but it's still cool that they use their mics, and do call-outs, and throw a damn party every time they kill a Tracer or fellow Genji 1v1.

At least it got POTG.

I think I got POTG every time I played Mercy except for this one time where the enemy Mercy did

Mercy made it so that none of the other characters show up in my highlights too

They need to nerf Mercy
's POTG getting prowess

Jarate

Banned
I love silver medaling in competitive as Zarya and loosing despite our team have 3/4 DPS and 1 healer! Really my favorite thing.

Why don't teams automatically just automatically pick 2 healers

R0ckman

Catching up to the last 3 pages and no one is enjoying the game anymore lol

Well its bad granted I gain more than I lose but these matches are terrible because your team is inconsistent so its like you have to be able to adjust constantly based on enemy team and your team, if you go attack people who may tank may be terrible at it so you get a reinhardt who does nothing but charge and die then you go reinhardt and your attacker suck so they all look to you to do everything but dont read the damn chat box.

Tame

Been toying with buying this for a while but never got round to it.

I wont be touching competitive for a long while...maybe never as i cant be bothered listening to sore losers playing the blame game if the team we are in loses. Hence why i dont play DOTA or did raids on WOW. So I'll mainly be playing Quick matches for the time being.

From what i gather, there are characters that are frowned apon by the community and ones that are seen to be more favorable.

what are your recommendations for what characters i should focus on and what should i not touch even with a shitty stick

p.s. i'm terrible a sniping, so none of those ones...if there are any

Ta for any help given

I'm definitely better prepared for S2 than S1. I think all the experimental practicing with other heroes during the off season paid off bigtime. My hero selection pool is probably tripled from S1.

AAA: Pharah, D.Va, Zarya, Lucio, Ana
A: 76, Hanzo, Torbjorn, Junkrat
B: Reaper, Mercy, Reinhardt, Widowmaker, Symmetra
C: Tracer, Roadhog, McCree, Zenyatta, Bastion
F: Genji, Mei, Winston

Back in S1, I would probably have more B and C level heroes and only a couple of heroes in A and AAA.

LiK

Yea, I get you guys. I think I'll take a break for the next two days (including Labor Day) and play something else. Seems like the weekend warrior randoms are just not good at teamwork. and then if our GAF train forms a full group we get hit with these insanely tough full group enemies as well. I think I had a better time in S1.

Also, I don't understand how they calculate how much SR you gain or lose after a match. Seems random.

Gonna probably go back to my Pharah and bring her into Comp. kinda curious how I do with her after aim assist was changed.

Anne

Tbf I decided to put off comp until the labor day weekend craze is over. Spending the weekend watching tournaments and testing stuff out.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
so the Sombra counter is at 21%, anyone think that anything will unlock at 23 percent since she is the 23rd character, 38% because it has been rumoured that maybe Sombra is Soldier 76's daughter, or the boring ass long haul of 100%?

so the Sombra counter is at 21%, anyone think that anything will unlock at 23 percent since she is the 23rd character, 38% because it has been rumoured that maybe Sombra is Soldier 76's daughter, or the boring ass long haul of 100%?

Not only will the countdown not end until 100%, but then there will just be another link to another countdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom