• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Did you take me off your list? Yesterday you joined optimus but you weren't online on my freinds list in the beggining but you appeared later, it was weird. Today I didn't see you online either.

nah, i don't delete people who actually wanna play with me, lol. maybe it's just the Social box being shitty again. it happens.

Jellie

what's your PSN? i feel like i have you in my list.

speaking of which, need to purge my list again of some folks. nothing personal but it's personal.

Undignify. I have you added. Only played with you once though cos of timezones. :(

vaderise

Does last season's higher rank affect the current placements? Last season i finished rank 60 and i had very shitty placement matches (4 W 5L 1 Tie) for season 2 yet game placed me into Platinium. (2509 SR)

Jellie

Does last season's higher rank affect the current placements? Last season i finished rank 60 and i had very shitty placement matches (4 W 5L 1 Tie) for season 2 yet game placed me into Platinium. (2509 SR)

I think it affects it. It probably starts you off against people around you initially when placing I guess. Once of my placements had two S1 45s on my team against a 3 stack top 500 though so dunno what happened there.
We lost.

nah, i don't delete people who actually wanna play with me, lol. maybe it's just the Social box being shitty again. it happens.
Yeah this happened to me with you. The in game friends list didn't show you, but the PSN one did. Luckily, you just joined, so whatever.

LiK

wow, this is the exact same thing i got!

4W-5L-1 Draw and it was SR 2509 as well.

my highest rank in S1 was 67 tho.

i wonder if they have some set formula on placements then. guess so.

Hero pool looking like this for me
A (picks im confident about): D.Va, Winston, Lucio, Ana
B (know how to play, but not the best at): McCree, Roadhog, Reinhardt
C (can play if necessary): Zarya, 76, Reaper, Torbjorn, Zenyatta, Mercy
D (nope): The rest

Zarya was my best character when I played on console. Somehow struggling a bit more on PC, can't explain why. Gonna practice with her on quick play so I can get better with her again, and should probably try to get good with Tracer too.

Prelude.

This happens if you get into a game while you are loading a highlight. Just exit the highlight the moment you see that the matchmaking search bar is gone. If the highlight has started, you're fine and your kill cams will look normal.
Oh, I had some pretty long queue times yesterday so that might have been the case, thanks.

Tame

Reinhardt and Lucio are really good starting points. Teams always need Tanks and Healers, and those have good survivability at lower levels.

The most important piece of advice (besides "DO NOT TRICKLE IN!!!") is learn to survive. Know when to disengage and get healed up. The run from the spawn is long, and leads to the aforementioned trickling in.

appreciated buddy, Thank you

Prelude.

Was it like the camera was at a fixed point and everything was stretched?
No, just a still camera with the eliminations text popping up. I think it stretches like that when you're emoting at a specific time at the end of a match or something, I had it happen a few times.

Jellie

No, just a still camera with the eliminations text popping up. I think it stretches like that when you're emoting at a specific time at the end of a match or something, I had it happen a few times.

Yeah I had that. Good to know now why I had it. I thought it was the servers originally then after a few days realised I should reboot.

xaosslug

so, like, even if you are unranked (me) if you are on a team of plat-ranked peeps you might go up against a team of top 500 peeps...? I mean we still won, but WTF, Blizz? -__-

aside: wtf @ the glitch (??) where Rein's firestorm can go through the spawn door on Eichenwalde? >_>

Vire

Reinhardt, Lucio and Zenyetta are still too important... I don't really know how Blizzard fixes it because their ability set is fundamentally better than the other support and tank classes.

My Hero pool is super limited, and I don't really give a fuck

sabu.png

This isn't a measure of my skill per say (Overbuff shows you all you need to know there ;A; ) but my confidence and comfort level in the role.

S) Mercy

A) N/A

B) Reinhardt, Lucio, Harambe

C) N/A

D) Zenyatta, D. Va, Zarya

E) Everyone else, I will almost never pick these Heroes.

I main Mercy and like to think I'm quite good with her. Like you said when you got tank from player who doesn't like tank results are... disaster. Still S2 does give more reward for being DPS... :/

I'd rather take any gains from playing a tank/healer than losses due to playing a DPS and having bad tanks/healers

xaosslug

Been toying with buying this for a while but never got round to it.

I wont be touching competitive for a long while...maybe never as i cant be bothered listening to sore losers playing the blame game if the team we are in loses. Hence why i dont play DOTA or did raids on WOW. So I'll mainly be playing Quick matches for the time being.

From what i gather, there are characters that are frowned apon by the community and ones that are seen to be more favorable.

what are your recommendations for what characters i should focus on and what should i not touch even with a shitty stick

p.s. i'm terrible a sniping, so none of those ones...if there are any

Ta for any help given

honestly characters are only frowned upon if you're badd w/ them and refuse to play a character you are/would be better with or that might compliment the team better. I mean sure a team member might bristle @ my Symm pick on Volskaya defence over, say, my D.Va 'main' but when that teleporter's up and you die... who da WOMAN?! ;) Even tho Genji 'sux' now after the nerfs, if you are super skilled with him regardless I don't think anyone would bat an eyelash.

i would suggest getting into Zarya, Tracer and Lucio! The earlier the better! Zarya and Tracer are basically the unofficial QWEENS of Overwatch, and Lucio remains KING in spite of the nerfs.

i personally wish I was better with them. T__T

Jellie

honestly characters are only frowned upon if you're badd w/ them and refuse to play a character you are/would be better with or that might compliment the team better. I mean sure a team member might bristle @ my Symm pick on Volskaya defence over, say, my D.Va 'main' but when that teleporter's up and you die... who da WOMAN?! ;) Even tho Genji 'sux' now after the nerfs, if you are super skilled with him regardless I don't think anyone bat an eyelash.

i would suggest getting into Zarya, Tracer and Lucio! The earlier the better! Zarya and Tracer are basically the unofficial QWEENS of Overwatch, and Lucio remains KING in spite of the nerfs.

i personally wish I was better with them. T__T

Those three are my most played. I picked wisely :p btw managed to find you on psn now.

DevilDog

Really glad too see a lot of people who now insta lock all the supports/ tanks.

The only problem is that when I want to chill with my giant shield or just heal people, no character is ever available :(

Vire

My skill with each character...

S) Zenyatta
A) Road Hog, Mcree, Junkrat, Soldier 76
B) Pharah, Hanzo, Torb
C-F) All other heroes :)

Nimby

Banned
How can console players be so inept that they want to avoid standing behind a goddamn giant shield with 2000 HP where they can safely eliminate enemies from?

Vire

How can console players be so inept that they want to avoid standing behind a goddamn giant shield with 2000 HP where they can safely eliminate enemies from?
Much worse is the Reinhardts that play super aggressively, rush into battle without their shield up and keep trying to pin people only to die instantly.

So frustrating...

xaosslug

My skill with each character...

S) Zenyatta
A) Road Hog, Mcree, Junkrat, Soldier 76
B) Pharah, Hanzo, Torb
C-F) All other heroes :)

you're already ahead of the game! :D

i got a really awesome Zenny PotG a few days ago, I'mma upload it later for sure.

My competitive hero pool is:

S: Zarya
A: ...Lucio? Zenyatta?
B: McCree
C: ??

I just don't feel confident in heroes I play without a care in QP. Like, Genji is my most-played there. I'm good with Junkrat. I feel good picking Tracer, Pharah, Winston, whomever. But in competitive, I always feel like it's sub-optimal for me not to be Zarya.

My only F-tier heroes are Reinhardt, D.Va, Mercy, Mei.

Vire

you're already ahead of the game! :D

i got a really awesome Zenny PotG a few days ago, I'mma upload it later for sure.
Haha, I'm best with Zenyatta but I enjoy playing McCree the most... Still pretty good with him.

Is there any easy way to make a gif from PS4? I had a full team heal transcendence followed up with four eliminations on the new map earlier today. :)

JoeNut

Can someone add my name to the google docs thing? psn JoeNut on GMT timezone, need all the adds I can get right now, it's so much better playing with people you can talk with

AngryMoth

Problem from me at the moment is that the heroes I'm best with are not the ones I'm having most fun with. If I wanted to maximise my win rate I really should be playing Zen or D.Va in every game but I'm just bored of them right now, would rather be playing McRee or Tracer

Yeah, there are Junkrats almost every game now. I don't know why either.
I went through a Junkrat craze a week or two after launch before getting burned out and bored. And then I noticed pretty much all my friends did the same thing a little later. Maybe the playerbase at large is having their Junkrat moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom