• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

It's especially annoying in Competitive when someone snatches him before you do.

Then if D.Va is taken too I'm usually "All right guys, it's your lose."

I should get good at more than two characters.

Yup, I have 4 heroes I can fall back on reliably. Happened just two nights ago. Someone took Junkrat immediately so I went and grabbed D.Va. 30 Elims, no deaths. Dominated. I can also go Reaper as well.

Jellie

Both, and to flank creep on Hanzos and hunt them down after the initial blast. D.Va is my main, and she is taking a beating, though. Gonna learn Zarya, I think.

Increase in Dva and Junkrat means no tracer for me. Yeah learn Zarya though. She rips through both of them. How much have you played of her?

Speaking as someone who's favourite character/main is Zarya, what's made her even more of a beast now? Is it because of the changes to some of the other heroes? Because I don't remember seeing any changes to her in the new patch.

Purely anecdotal, but her beam seems to about 5 yards longer. I've been hanging out at normal D.Va harassing range, and have been surprised when her beam still hit me.

finalflame

Down to 2598 from 2832 high. Why are my teammates always fucking morons? Why am I constantly carrying with 4 golds?

Why do people refuse to take high ground? Why do people overextend and get picked? Why do people think they are going to be the unique little snowflake that can make a non-meta comp work against a well organized team playing a meta comp? Why can people not fucking follow through with DPS when taking Point B on Volskaya when I already killed 4/6ths of the team? Why are people incapable of pushing through the door in Anubis and instead get picked trying to take down the enemy Rein's shield? Why do people refuse to use comms but still want to play comp? Why are people fucking mentally challenged and still playing comp?

Why the FUCK do you lose so much rank and then gain so little, even when you get fucked by teammates? Fuck this shit. Fuck everything. I do not fucking deserve to be dropping 300 FUCKING points in ranked for playing competently and solo queue being placed with a bunch of shitty fucks who can't play the game. I shouldn't need to play equivalent to someone at 3500+ just to carry a team of turds on my back, because I fucking can't.

Fuck this game. Fuck it in its fucking face. There's no fucking point playing competitive without a full, competent, 6-stack that understand strategy and is at least mildly not retarded with a mouse. Fuck.

Blues1990

It's especially annoying in Competitive when someone snatches him before you do.

Then if D.Va is taken too I'm usually "All right guys, it's your lose."

I should get good at more than two characters.
I feel the sweet spot is to get familiar with all the heroes, so you can know their quirks & be prepared with how to deal them when you fight them online. In addition, you should focus on one hero from each division, so that you can switch if a favourite has been taken or your team needs a Tank/Support Hero.

Yup, I have 4 heroes I can fall back on reliably. Happened just two nights ago. Someone took Junkrat immediately so I went and grabbed D.Va. 30 Elims, no deaths. Dominated. I can also go Reaper as well.

What if all 5 characters are taken?

Does your head explode or something?

DevilDog

Down to 2598 from 2832 high. Why are my teammates always fucking morons? Why am I constantly carrying with 4 golds?

Why do people refuse to take high ground? Why do people overextend and get picked? Why do people think they are going to be the unique little snowflake that can make a non-meta comp work against a well organized team playing a meta comp? Why can people not fucking follow through with DPS when taking Point B on Volskaya when I already killed 4/6ths of the team? Why are people incapable of pushing through the door in Anubis and instead get picked trying to take down the enemy Rein's shield? Why do people refuse to use comms but still want to play comp? Why are people fucking mentally challenged and still playing comp?

Why the FUCK do you lose so much rank and then gain so little, even when you get fucked by teammates? Fuck this shit. Fuck everything. I do not fucking deserve to be dropping 300 FUCKING points in ranked for playing competently and solo queue being placed with a bunch of shitty fucks who can't play the game. I shouldn't need to play equivalent to someone at 3500+ just to carry a team of turds on my back, because I fucking can't.

Fuck this game. Fuck it in its fucking face. There's no fucking point playing competitive without a full, competent, 6-stack that understand strategy and is at least mildly not retarded with a mouse. Fuck.

Take it from Harambe:

giphy.gif

Seriously though I know what you mean, although people usually come around when we use team communications.

Gorge your hatred, embrace your rage.

Increase in Dva and Junkrat means no tracer for me. Yeah learn Zarya though. She rips through both of them. How much have you played of her?

I have about 3 hours in, but I've been watching some "How to" guides on her, and I was playing her entirely wrong, so I'm going to have to unlearn a bit first. My team is going to HATE me for a few matches, I fear.

Also- RIP D.Va, you were one of the good ones.

TrueBlue

Just step away from it.

ramyeon

Mei is amazing now. I've been killing it in comp using basically only her, she's basically won games for me with her ult several times.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Mei is amazing now. I've been killing it in comp using basically only her, she's basically won games for me with her ult several times.

Even on attack?

I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to use her on attack yet. I've mostly been defaulting to mei on defense and zen on attack. Ana on attack 2cp because i can at least force teammates to make a play instead of standing at the chokepoint.

But if i get her on defense more often than not i win.

LiK

Mei on Attack is fine. Her Ult is just too good now and her icicles can shoot through barriers. Great against Rein, right?

Jellie

I have about 3 hours in, but I've been watching some "How to" guides on her, and I was playing her entirely wrong, so I'm going to have to unlearn a bit first. My team is going to HATE me for a few matches, I fear.

Also- RIP D.Va, you were one of the good ones.

How did you play her before.
Zarya is so good I got 133% win rate with her in my session with ConmaxIX.
i0ckUbh.png

Mei on Attack is fine. Her Ult is just too good now and her icicles can shoot through barriers. Great against Rein, right?
Her icicle goes through barries? What? I thought it was just her ult. That's big. Has it always been like that?

Antiwhippy

Her icicles don't shoot through barriers. The little robot projectile that starts her ult goes through barriers.

She still does too little dps for my comfort and like junkrat, her kit works best when she's controlling the chokepoint. I've met some good attack meis though and at my level it probably doesn't matter.

Owzers

You guys ever notice Hanzo has really little hands

"My hands are normal hands," he said. Recounting the feedback he was getting in the aftermath of Rubio's jibe, Trump said, "I was on line shaking hands with supporters and one of the supporters said, ‘Mr. Trump, you have strong hands, you have good size hands.’ And then another one would say, ‘Oh, you have great hands, Mr. Trump. I had no idea.’"

Hanzo's hands are good hands.

How did you play her before.
Zarya is so good I got 133% win rate with her in my session with ConmaxIX.
i0ckUbh.png

Her icicle goes through barries? What? I thought it was just her ult. That's big. Has it always been like that?

This was when I was single digit level. I played her like Winston- barreling in and watching everyone scatter because they didn't know what to do/ feared her weird weapon. Then I'd pick off the squishies and die to literally anyone still remaining. Worked until it really didn't, and then they buffed D.Va and I moved over. That was over a month ago.

Jellie

You had 4 wins with only 3 games played?

Damn son, invite me next time.
Lol are you ps4?
This was when I was single digit level. I played her like Winston- barreling in and watching everyone scatter because they didn't know what to do/ feared her weird weapon. Then I'd pick off the squishies and die to literally anyone still remaining. Worked until it really didn't, and then they buffed D.Va and I moved over. That was over a month ago.

Yeah that playstyle sounds more like Dva.
Just bubble teammate->run in and save them with your bubble and retreat. Wait for CD and you'll be ready to re-engage with a lot more charge and your CD.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

tumblr_nmz8tnIVSX1sszpveo3_500.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZxCw4R3rN8

LiK

I love this post so much.

Antiwhippy

Blizzard going through barriers is huge though.

*Lalala following reinhardt in our happy little charge- OH SHIT PANIC.*

I'm kinda salty though checking overbuff. Most of my mei wins ends when they can't take the first chokepoint so I can't pad out my stats all nicely. :(

ramyeon

Even on attack?

I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to use her on attack yet. I've mostly been defaulting to mei on defense and zen on attack. Ana on attack 2cp because i can at least force teammates to make a play instead of standing at the chokepoint.

But if i get her on defense more often than not i win.
Yeah even on Attack, I've taken points for my team with my ult on Attack, also dominated with her on KoTH maps getting around 50 eliminations. I love her icicle too, and I've gotten comfortable enough with it that I can even headshot Tracers who try to bother me.

Also yeah, her icicle does not go through barriers. A lot of people misunderstood that when the patch notes came out on PTR.

Blizzard going through barriers is huge though.

*Lalala following reinhardt in our happy little charge- OH SHIT PANIC.*

Not as much fun when the enemy D.Va is holding up her DM right behind the shield. Literally almost lost a match from that, but somehow avoided throwing it directly into it, and we wiped the enemy team.

Jellie

Just checked the patch notes. That projectile thing was listed under Blizzard, so yeah, it was referring to Snowball, not her icicle.

We're PSN friends.

I've lost track of who is who sorry. Remind me please.

I'm kinda salty though checking overbuff. Most of my mei wins ends when they can't take the first chokepoint so I can't pad out my stats all nicely. :(
Same but with Zarya. Everything below average and then boom 7 KD with her.

ramyeon

According to Overbuff my comp Mei is ranked 45 out of 10,756.

I take it this is not accurate at the moment but let me just pretend it is.

Antiwhippy

Not as much fun when the enemy D.Va is holding up her DM right behind the shield. Literally almost lost a match from that, but somehow avoided throwing it directly into it, and we wiped the enemy team.

Hmm, I play DVa, so that isn't as much of a problem since I know to avoid that.

I've lost track of who is who sorry. Remind me please.

Same but with Zarya. Everything below average and then boom 7 KD with her.

Yeah most of my stats are kinda eh except for my deaths, K:D and winrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom