• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

After you capture the point on the new map.. it takes soooo long for the payload to get to the door and for the door to open.

It triggers me.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Team comp matters a lot. Ideally, you have a Winston who works with you. D.Va and Roadhog also work because they attract so much fire. Reaper and Tracer are also pretty good, because you can give them an extra edge when they overextend.

I QB with her more and lean on right-click more on KotH, but you can absolutely shut games down. My season-high elims are 82 and "time on fire" is 13:18 because of KotH.

Yeah I think I just get lost in the chaos too much. I need to learn to cut through it and bubble teammates at the right time.

2. It shouldn't be able to cover a whole point.

Why not?

In a game full of gamechanging ults why not?

XSX

Anyone up for some quick play on PS4? I'll be on for the next 3 hours at least, possibly more.
PSN: sjm_675

Mei's ult is now a "we now control the point" button. Which is good, but also bad.

Yeah... it generally occurs to me that, A) I'm actually doing it, and B) I should stop doing it, in the last minute of the match. In other words, it's about the same as hero switching/countering for me.

I...I think I might be a baddie? :(

I'm getting better about trickling, but god help me, the panicked hero-switching in the last minute is probably here to stay.

I think you're right: we're who everyone else is always bitching about on here.

Yeah I think I just get lost in the chaos too much. I need to learn to cut through it and bubble teammates at the right time.

Why not?

In a game full of gamechanging ults why not?
It just doesn't seem right that you can fill an entire point and no one can contest. Throw your ult on it, ice block, and cap the point as much as possible. Seems a little over the top, but maybe I just haven't played against her enough.

ISOM

You gotta love the Symmetra mains that play both attack and defense. Thank god we were able to get a draw at least.

To those that say Ana needs to heal more. You just need to know this.

She is the only character that can MISS heals. Every other character in the game cannot miss their heal.

1: Mercy's staff has lock on.
2: Zen's orb is locked on
3: Lucio has AOE healing centered around him. Just be near him and he heals. He guarantees he heals himself too.
4: Mei, Tracer, Bastion, and Roadhog are self healers
5: Reaper just walks up to a soul and it automatically floats to him.
6: 76 heal is plopped on the ground and stays active. He needs to walk out of it for it to stop healing. But it's healing the moment he drops it.
7: Technically D.Va heals by switching out her mech. So thats a self heal.

Everyone's heal is reliable. Ana's heal can miss. So in order for her to be good she needs to be played by someone who's accurate. And if you're not accurate then you need to spam shots into your team. But people also need to realize that in order to heal in the middle of a firefight she needs to have someone who's good at hitting jumping teammates since they're busy trying to dodge gunfire too.

It's not easy to be a good Ana, while it's way easier to be a good healer with the other classes. But a good Ana can be devastating.

Antiwhippy

It just doesn't seem right that you can fill an entire point and no one can contest. Throw your ult on it, ice block, and cap the point as much as possible. Seems a little over the top, but maybe I just haven't played against her enough.

But that means you have to deal with having a mei on attack.

While I love playing her I still don't think she's the best choice for attack. You can probably get away with it at lower levels but at upper tiers what is her role? DPS? Tank? There are so many other better options.

Anne

In an hour or so we're gonna play some games on PC. Hop in the discord if you wanna play. I might /attempt/ streaming it.

I swear, there's a swarm of people on PC competitive who think this is casual quick play.

Nobody understands teamwork. Nobody understands not to trickle in. Nobody understands team comp.

I don't even care about the sp anymore - it's infuriating to constantly lose because people either don't like teamwork or just quit halfway through the match. (By the way, I had 5 teammates DC in the 1st round of a best of 5 because they got tired of running into a buzz saw).

How hard is it for Blizz to fix DCs? This shit is ruining comp.

Seriously, losing a match because someone disconnects is fucking heartbreaking.

To those that say Ana needs to heal more. You just need to know this.

She is the only character that can MISS heals. Every other character in the game cannot miss their heal.

1: Mercy's staff has lock on.
2: Zen's orb is locked on
3: Lucio has AOE healing centered around him. Just be near him and he heals. He guarantees he heals himself too.
4: Mei, Tracer, Bastion, and Roadhog are self healers
5: Reaper just walks up to a soul and it automatically floats to him.
6: 76 heal is plopped on the ground and stays active. He needs to walk out of it for it to stop healing. But it's healing the moment he drops it.
7: Technically D.Va heals by switching out her mech. So thats a self heal.

Everyone's heal is reliable. Ana's heal can miss. So in order for her to be good she needs to be played by someone who's accurate. And if you're not accurate then you need to spam shots into your team. But people also need to realize that in order to heal in the middle of a firefight she needs to have someone who's good at hitting jumping teammates since they're busy trying to dodge gunfire too.

It's not easy to be a good Ana, while it's way easier to be a good healer with the other classes. But a good Ana can be devastating.

And if you really need your Ana to heal you, fucking stand still dammit! Healing a bunnyhopping Genji spamming "I need healing" is infuriating.

xaosslug

placements donezo 8 wins and 2 losses (fucking Ilios & Volskaya... -__-) platinum 2715SR, played most matches as D.Va but ran Reaper when needed on a few. A friend of mine that managed to hit 71SR last season won 8 and lost 2 as well, but only ranked 2500 something, so IDK anymore!

Blues1990

I only just noticed this, but D.Va will yell the words "Bunny Hop" when she has taken a lot of damage.

Is it just a continuation of her bunny theme, or is she using the actual gaming termenology, as jumping sporadically is a thing most players do to avoid dying?

Ok so I've solved my dilemma with going back and forth of being on cusp of ranking up to platinum. The answer is to lose 7 times in a row so it places me in the 2200s and then I never have to worry about anything ever because I'm a goddamn loser at this game and I'll be forced to accept that a golden weapon will be in my grasp like a year or two from now purely from placements and end-of-season payouts.

Hahaha how stupid was I to think I'm a platinum level player.

jrqgO.gif

I have played 17 games of Comp Season 2 only won 5 games. If this trend of losing continues I'm done. I had a 50/50 split last Season which is what it should be. But no, I continually get paired with quitters, and people not aligned with my skill levels. Its so unfair

Antiwhippy

One thing I've learned.

Never play on weekends or holidays. Too many kids playing.

Weekends and holidays is QP practice time.

I dunno, the one match I played with a kid on voice comms was genuinely one of the most positive and adorable moments of overwatch for me.

Also dat support life. :/

lik1w7z.png

DevilDog

How hard is it for Blizz to fix DCs? This shit is ruining comp.

Seriously, losing a match because someone disconnects is fucking heartbreaking.
How is blizzard supposed to fix people;s internets?

I only just noticed this, but D.Va will yell the words "Bunny Hop" when she has taken a lot of damage.

Is it just a continuation of her bunny theme, or is she using the actual gaming termenology, as jumping sporadically is a thing most players do to avoid dying?

Bunnyhopping. The second video explains everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfh-6uuBXtg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1HowpVX-hU

In case you don't get the reference of the first https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_bx8bnCoiU

4 placement matches played. 2 of which I lost because people quit on my team.

How have you not figured it out yet Blizzard?
At this point, they might as well get rid of the option to leave unless someone DCs. Make people waste more time by having to reopen the game. Torture them, they deserve it for leaving a game.

But if someone on your team DCs, you shouldn't lose points. I would think here would be a way to tell if someone DCs. You wouldn't be able to exploit this, unless you wanted to fuck with your internet.

Jarate

Banned
Any room in a ps4 group tonight

Also, I've been working real hard on my Hanzo and have now been consistently doing well with him on the brawl. My Zarya is still great, especially now that I just focus on Lucio

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Man I don't know what they did with zarya but she melts people like butter now, maybe it is the increased accuracy due to the auto aim fix but damn.

My PSN: Alpha_Zero88, add me if you want another season 2 player since I am playing alone :(

Gorillaz

zarya has always been like that.

I just think most don't realize when she is at high energy and should back the fuck down when she is glowing unless you got a counter or popping off something crazy like bastion or junkrat

Jarate

Banned
Man I don't know what they did with zarya but she melts people like butter now, maybe it is the increased accuracy due to the auto aim fix but damn.

My PSN: Alpha_Zero88, add me if you want another season 2 player since I am playing alone :(

It's a convoluted reason but here it goes

-Enhanced autoaim means people spam way more. You get a lot more power a lot faster.
-you're enhanced auto aim means that you can take out Genjis and Lucio's. 2 characters Zarya should be able to kill but had a hard time with.
-People had specific, more aggressive stratagies with Zarya, now she works where you can't be aggressive against her

She still struggles against a lot of classes. Tracer and Pharah are nightmares for Zarya. Hanzo has become good at Zarya killing, good reapers can destroy Zarya. My average energy has been absurd recently, which usually means people are spamming more

LiK

Huh, Pharah seems much better after aim assist fix. Might need to strongly consider bringing her into Comp with me now.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
It's a convoluted reason but here it goes

-Enhanced autoaim means people spam way more. You get a lot more power a lot faster.
-you're enhanced auto aim means that you can take out Genjis and Lucio's. 2 characters Zarya should be able to kill but had a hard time with.
-People had specific, more aggressive stratagies with Zarya, now she works where you can't be aggressive against her

She still struggles against a lot of classes. Tracer and Pharah are nightmares for Zarya. Hanzo has become good at Zarya killing, good reapers can destroy Zarya. My average energy has been absurd recently, which usually means people are spamming more

yep only thing I noticed was Pharah being the annoying mosquito in my ear because you cant hit her when she high up. Also I wouldnt be surprised to see moee Hanzo's out to counter her since he has been buffed now as well, still she feels better, before I wouldnt touch her with a 12 foot pole

EDIT: Also people please add me, it sucks playing alone lol

LiK

Wouldn't the aim assist fix make her more vulnerable against her natural predators ie mccree and soldier?

Probably but judging from my experience, console players still can't aim for shit against her most of the time. But I'll try her out in QP or if the enemy team doesn't have those two dudes.

An enemy Torb builds his turret on a moving platform on Volskaya instead of contesting the point and we cap.

I'm dying right now. That was funny as shit.

ramyeon

Probably but judging from my experience, console players still can't aim for shit against her most of the time. But I'll try her out in QP or if the enemy team doesn't have those two dudes.
I've pretty consistently sniped her out of the air with McCree and even Mei since the aim fix. She's definitely less of a threat than she was pre-Season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom