• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

Probably but judging from my experience, console players still can't aim for shit against her most of the time. But I'll try her out in QP or if the enemy team doesn't have those two dudes.

That is the problem with the game in general on consoles tho. Blizzard from what I heard had to ask Treyarch for help on the aiming mechanics on console.

My unusually high ranking in season 1 (got up to 62) has righted itself in season 2, lol.

Still, climbing up a bit. 54 points away from Platinum....

l3vRczqqBAfBxy5fG.gif

IKizzLE

Huh, Pharah seems much better after aim assist fix. Might need to strongly consider bringing her into Comp with me now.
Good luck with that. Too many snipers in platinum and diamomd. Soldier, mccree, Hanno, and roadhog can all easily shut her down, and those 4 are pretty common picks in comp.

ramyeon

My unusually high ranking in season 1 (got up to 62) has righted itself in season 2, lol.

Still, climbing up a bit. 54 points away from Platinum....

l3vRczqqBAfBxy5fG.gif
I'm 50 off from Platinum myself, too. It feels like whenever I get close the matchmaker throws me into a really hard game.

Hopefully tonight's the night.

That Volskaya natch was fun and intense as fuck. Our Pharah and Dva saved that game with their fantastic stalling.

I also just realized today how much Zenyatta shits on Dva. Put discord on her, shoot her a couple times, she puts up DM, keep shooting so she keeps it up, charge alt fire, DM dies, Dva dies. Landing headshots with Zen is so oddly satisfying. His alt fire is amazing too, I wish I had been using it more before today.

Also got a Hanzo POTG that match. Dragoned Ana, scattered Rein, and shot Hog and Junk in the head, and it lasted just long enough for everyone to watch me miss a shot on a tire 5 feet in front of me and die. Good times. I need more matches like this and I especially need more teammates like this. Those guys were great.

Zenyatta is also starting to become one of my favorite heroes. Finally, I make this avatar actually mean something lol :p

Dad

I just wanted to play some quickplay to practice my McCree with the new aiming and I've never seen it this bad. I played one match where two of our Meis just sealed us in the spawn room for the entire match. This fucking game sometimes

Crzy1

Finally got some time to play uninterrupted and got my placement matches finished, landed at 2762 with 6 wins and 4 losses. Guess I'll try to make my way up to diamond, but solo queuing is a shit show, so not sure that's going to happen even though I finished S1 in the mid sixties.

I just wanted to play some quickplay to practice my McCree with the new aiming and I've never seen it this bad. I played one match where two of our Meis just sealed us in the spawn room for the entire match. This fucking game sometimes

People seem to be playing fairly non trolly in the brawl, just got to grab him quick since theres a limit

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Watching the tournaments and while it's early days I'm liking how much more diverse the meta is. No more mirror matches, or at least they don't occur as often. Actual support diversity!

Also tviq is a hell of an ana.

Watching the tournaments and while it's early days I'm liking how much more diverse the meta is. No more mirror matches, or at least they don't occur as often. Actual support diversity!
I find it interesting that a bunch of the pros said Soldier would be used more and Lucio would rarely be used in the pro scene, and that never became true.

But I agree with you, it's nice to see some variety in these tourneys.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I find it interesting that a bunch of the pros said Soldier would be used more and Lucio would be used less in the pro scene, and that never became true.

But I agree with you, it's nice to see some variety in these tourneys.

Lucio is used less though. I mean anything less than 100% is less. :p

He's still good but not an autopick anymore.

Also actually seeing more biotic grenade being used with graviton surge to nullify transcendance.

Honestly these counterplays seem a lot more fun.

I don't know what it is but aside from like 4 placement matches I've been winning every game. Whereas in season 1 I lost pretty much every match.

Dunno if I've improved in that short gap of time or if I'm just getting lucky with the teammates.

Had much more fun today. Not sure if that just coincides with me winning a lot. But I'm much less doom & gloom about the way the game plays on console now. I'm getting used to it.

Lucio is used less though. I mean anything less than 100% is less. :p

He's still good but not an autopick anymore.

Also actually seeing more biotic grenade being used with graviton surge to nullify transcendance.

Honestly these counterplays seem a lot more fun.
Ah, my bad, I meant rarely used instead of less haha.

Nullifying trans with Ana has to be the worst feeling as a Zen.

Salarians

I think my favorite Bad Player Archetype might be the people who spam "group up" and run off into the objective by themselves instead of actually waiting for the group to arrive.

Vire

I think my favorite Bad Player Archetype might be the people who spam "group up" and run off into the objective by themselves instead of actually waiting for the group to arrive.
LOL, I just saw that.

A Lucio said group up, didn't wait, used his Ult with no one else around and then ran head first through the front entrance on Anubis.

I just started laughing.

Blizzard

Banned
After taking a break since the summer games, I started playing again last night.

Virtually every game had a Genji in it, nearly impossible to kill and destroying the other team. I feel like instead of helping, the nerf just solidified the resolve of people to prove their Genji-ness.

I would legitimately be happy if I saw Tracer and Genji once every 20 games or so. I probably feel about them how other people feel about Mei. (Note that this is at very low skill level though.)

Vire

After taking a break since the summer games, I started playing again last night.

Virtually every game had a Genji in it, nearly impossible to kill and destroying the other team. I feel like instead of helping, the nerf just solidified the resolve of people to prove their Genji-ness.

I would legitimately be happy if I saw Tracer and Genji once every 20 games or so. I probably feel about them how other people feel about Mei. (Note that this is at very low skill level though.)
Just pick Winston.

gg ez.

I am destroying Genji's since the auto aim fix. They haven't been a problem at all.

Blizzard

Banned
Just pick Winston.

gg ez.
Most of the Winstons I've seen can't handle Genji. I tried it and killed him once, but that was probably luck.

Especially if you use your jump as Winston, the Genji can counter dash and/or climb to an unreachable spot, so they'll only briefly take damage.

I am destroying Genji's since the auto aim fix. They haven't been a problem at all.
I'm playing on PC. =(

I mean, if you're at a low skill level, you shouldn't really be running into good Genjis and Tracers that destroy teams. Just pick Winston and Genji won't be a problem.

Jarate

Banned
I just experienced a weird competitive bug

We were doing payload, and we capped all 3 points fast, and they didn't cap the last point, but it still gave them a minute, they managed to cap a point and a half before it arbitrarily stopped, giving us another offense, in which we were tied 3-3 and we had to beat their cap.

I ended up with 80 elims

Eichenwale is such a terrible map for competitive mode.
I think it's mainly the fact that the map favors defense, and defense isn't that hard to figure out on any map, and that no one knows the map well, and a lot of offenses get held at the first bridge not knowing what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom