• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar

Solo Q'd gold, nobody had mics.

Had our tank AFK during two rounds but move just enough to not get booted.

I wish I had folks to play competitive with.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think it's mainly the fact that the map favors defense, and defense isn't that hard to figure out on any map, and that no one knows the map well, and a lot of offenses get held at the first bridge not knowing what to do.

With timebank it doesn't matter, defense and attack are put on equal weight on how good you have to be on either.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Lucio's sit emote music

xpjIivI.gif

R0ckman

Apparently there was some WoW cheese with a stun status that some classes could jump to have a similar effect to characters in this cheesing out of McCree's flash bang by using the momentum to move them out of a predictable range? I think in that they fixed it so that the status countdown would not begin until the character landed. I wonder why they don't just do that here.

Vire

Eichenwale is the best map in the game by far. dunno what im going to do when the weekly brawl is over.
I like Eichenwale, but the distance to win on attack feels longer than any other map in the game. It's like a marathon.... Seems significantly easier to win on defense imo.

Jarate

Banned
I'm not having much success with two healers in the two console meta. I'll go Zenyatta if I have too. But Mercy and Lucio (played by me at keast) are just not good enough to compensate for lack of DPS.

Zenyatta + X is super necessary. The issue is that every team should run a zenyatta and a primary healer. You have such an advantage over a team with just 1 healer because who's going to heal the healer?

MG310

Had a bad night of Comp matches but at least ended on a high note with a 3-1 Route 66 win using Zenyatta.

There's probably a very angry Genji out there right now...started up his Ult. from like 10 feet away from me on the other side of the payload and got killed by a charged up orb both times.

R0ckman

Had a dialogue with someone about roles, there was a match where a Reaper kept flanking in a position I was not stationed at and a fellow Genji who was not effective in the comp was ignoring, literally let him run by him.

Guy in my group says that it theoretically was not his fault and was not his job. Really should you completely ignore enemies causing problems in your area if they aren't the perfect match up? Even doing damage would force him to go for a health pack.

R0ckman

Came into a losing king of the hill match in QP chose Zarya and literally turned the whole match around. Started kicking everyones ass on the other team and made someone quit. Didnt get a thank you from my team, I did get salt from theirs.

Gotta echo the sentiment of those saying Eichenwalde is the best map. Played it a bunch in the brawl, once in competitive, and it might be my favorite. It'll be sad to see the brawl leave, but it will just make it that much sweeter when it shows up in competitive afterwards.

Makes me excited for future maps, too, if it's indicative of the quality of what's coming next.

Said before that with Tracer I either have great matches or piss-poor matches; just had one of the former and it was awesome. On Attack on King's Row and just kept managing to flank and sneak up behind their Hanzo and Widowmaker over and over again. There's no feeling quite like standing right behind a Widowmaker who has no idea you're there, and taking a split second to savor it just before unloading your whole clip right into her stupid head. One of the few times where, most of the way through the match, my Tracer had gold on kills (ended up being silver by the end, but might as well let the rest of the team have some fun, I suppose). Almost makes up for the KotH I had just played before that, where the enemy Tracer was too damn slippery for my Zarya's energy beam.

Blues1990

Gotta echo the sentiment of those saying Eichenwalde is the best map. Played it a bunch in the brawl, once in competitive, and it might be my favorite. It'll be sad to see the brawl leave, but it will just make it that much sweeter when it shows up in competitive afterwards.

Makes me excited for future maps, too, if it's indicative of the quality of what's coming next.

There are some rumours going about that the next map will take place on the Horizon Lunar Colony, the same place where Winston & a group of genetically enhanced gorillas were raised. There were audio files of Winston feeling remorse with returning to the base, as the scientists (and other human personnel, including Winston's mentor, Dr. Harold Winston) were slaughtered & the apes taken the place for themselves.

With that setting in mind, I wonder what kind of map it would be?

There are some rumours going about that the next map will take place on the Horizon Lunar Colony, the same place where Winston & a group of genetically enhanced gorillas were raised. There were audio files of Winston feeling remorse with returning to the base, as the scientists (and other human personnel, including Winston's mentor, Dr. Harold Winston) were slaughtered & the apes taken the place for themselves.

With that setting in mind, I wonder what kind of map it would be?

If they had a map that messed with the gravity allowing things to have more floaty elements then it would be hilarious and interesting at the same time.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Seeing pro teams run mei on hanamura makes me happy in a really cruel way, because it does look super annoying haha.

Blues1990

If they had a map that messed with the gravity allowing things to have more floaty elements then it would be hilarious and interesting at the same time.

The thought of Genji, Reinhardt, & Tracer flailing around in zero gravity is a hilarious sight. Winston and Pharah would have a field day if an area of the map had that effect.

By the way, I've heard that Mei's Icicle can actually penetrate Reinhardt's shield, so she can actually kill him now. Does it do the same with Zarya's particle barrier?

finalflame

I think I have anger issues. I can't even practice in quick play because I start to get furious at how stupid everyone is. I dunno man. The stress from this game is going to kill me off in my early years.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I think I have anger issues. I can't even practice in quick play because I start to get furious at how stupid everyone is. I dunno man. The stress from this game is going to kill me off in my early years.

Dude take a break and get some fresh air or something.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Man i havent popped into overwatch since the eichenwelde dropped for a quick match. Do you guys feel competitive is actually viable or just more of the same tryhard quickplay? Because it seems like the salt is getting to people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom