• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellie

M67WemY.png

Zarya too strong. 47 eliminations a minute.
I wish :( weird glitch though

Pachimari

I think widow maker is best against bastion... I'd say d va or Winston

DVA and Winston beat her clean for the most part if they go after her. Genji does super well too since he can move in at weird angles and burst her.

The scope nerf made Pharah pretty strong against her too depending on the map. Hanzo is pretty decent now too, especially since the wolf skin makes it harder to find his head.

If you have good aim you're just better off being McCree or Ana right now though.

Widowmaker is a Bastion counter lol

Winston is her main counter.
Thanks for these replied. I thought of practicing with her whenever my team have to defend, so that I could switch it up with Zenyatta who I also love playing. But I see that I should go for Ana instead, if I want to snipe?

Also just picked up Tracer. I didn't like her during the beta, but I have really gotten used to her. And I was very effective as her during defense.

Owzers

Will you guys still be my internet friend if i place into silver?

unrelated: I need to finish my placements tonight. 6-1-1 let's make this 8-1-1! I'll see which gaf people are on later...

Just lost a placement match because the other five players decided to stop defending point A on Hollywood, and instead set up to ambush the other team when they started moving the payload. They just sat there waiting on the other side of the gate as the enemy sat on the point unchallenged.

Which would have been great... if we had managed to capture the point on attack in the first round. There wasn't ever going to be a payload to stop.

It boggles the mind.

This happened to me in one of my placement matches as well. The other team just steam rolled us completely as they had all the momentum and actually was building ults unlike our team who were just sitting and waiting.

Last three placement matches as a whole were terrible. Still ended up at 2400 and then won two of my first three competitive matches. One thing I noticed is that no one want to pick tank or healer. Luckily I am decent at those roles, but it wouldn't hurt to have a second of each.

Widowmaker is a Bastion counter lol

Winston is her main counter.

I once got sniped out of the air when I tried to use Winston to deal with a Widow.

unrelated: I need to finish my placements tonight. 6-1-1 let's make this 8-1-1! I'll see which gaf people are on later...

This relationship is over if you get anything less than Gold.

Which is incredibly unlikely.

I need to start building up a binder full of Overwatch players ladies and gentlemen. If you managed at least rank 55 last season, have a mic, are willing to communicate, and play support and tank as much as DPS respond to this. I've got 4 other guys already so we're looking for our 6th.

You will be placed platinum or diamond for sure. Deservedly so since you are a very reliable Reinhardt.

I won't be on today :(

ISOM

I need to start building up a binder full of Overwatch players ladies and gentlemen. If you managed at least rank 55 last season, have a mic, are willing to communicate, and play support and tank as much as DPS respond to this. I've got 4 other guys already so we're looking for our 6th.

I've reached 60 last season, and Zarya, Zen, Lucio and S76 are my best characters....but I don't have a mic.

Owzers

You will be placed platinum or diamond for sure. Deservedly so since you are a very reliable Reinhardt.

I won't be on today :(

I hope so, but since i only placed rank 55 last season they might gold me if what people are saying about them taking s1 into account. I thought i was in the next set of comp points rewards tier and didn't play much, then i found out the next tier was 56 not 55 and frowned.

I hope so, but since i only placed rank 55 last season they might gold me if what people are saying about them taking s1 into account. I thought i was in the next set of comp points rewards tier and didn't play much, then i found out the next tier was 56 not 55 and frowned.

You placed at 55 or ended at 55? I placed at 51 last season and placed in Platinum this season.

Vire

I feel like Diamond in way harder to get into than 60 was. It's tough to rank up now.
I think the biggest problem is I feel like when you lose you go down more than when you win. I have no idea how it arbitrarily decides how many points to add or subtract, but it makes no sense. I had a game where I had 8500 healing, 20-2 as Zenyatta and only went up 10 points. Then I lose the next game and go down another 20.

It's dumb.

Jellie

Thought you keep the icon for diamond but you still get matched with platinums if you fall out since its based on MMR not your icon?

Owzers

You placed at 55 or ended at 55? I placed at 51 last season and placed in Platinum this season.

I placed 55, dropped to 51, climbed back to 55 casually. I didn't play much comp outside of placement despite preferring getting rid of hero stacking. I might have thought i placed 56 and thought i was in the next tier rewards instead of thinking the next tier was 55. Or maybe Overwatch was just a dream and i've been playing Uncharted 4 all this time.

Redmoon

Anyone on pc, can you do me a solid. If your rolling a 120hz+ monitor, can you tell me if setting your refresh rate in game to 85 or 60 boosts FPS while in fullscreen. Wondering if this is a windows 10 issue.

Running any refreshrate above 85hz for my will cause some sort of bottleneck or something.

For example, 1080p at 85 ill get 300 solid, but at 120hz+ it goes to 240 in the menu. 1440p will be full gpu utilization across both gpu's (and a good framerate) but above 85hz, it goes south, dropping below my refreshrate.

Thinking of making a bug report on the bnet forums for this, but I at least want to know if others are having the issue.

Im rolling W10 build 14195, 2x Maxwell Titan X's, an oc'd 5820k if that helps any.

My 2nd monitor doesnt have this issue, since its only a 60hz panel, but I could overclock it to 92hz and see if it does the same.

I didn't knew that, had no idea they took the last season into consideration.

Anyway, I hope you get lucky with your team for the last 2 games :)

Yesterday was absolutely atrocious for me, especially on KOTH. In Nepal a few seconds before the match ended I had gold medal on eliminations playing Lucio, ended with silver with only 16 kills... it was depressing really. Thankfully joninder joined up with me.

Finally done my placements 7W 1D 2L. Got ranked at 2725 elo. How does that compare to my season 1, 57 ranking?

I placed ~2700 with only 5W and a draw (playing support in like 7 games). My highest last season was 62 and I finished at 57 too. Don't really understand how this works.

Mutombo

I think the biggest problem is I feel like when you lose you go down more than when you win. I have no idea how it arbitrarily decides how many points to add or subtract, but it makes no sense. I had a game where I had 8500 healing, 20-2 as Zenyatta and only went up 10 points. Then I lose the next game and go down another 20.

It's dumb.

with all those numbers who's even counting anymore! Fuck, I'm gold and I'm fine.

Which raises the question, now that numbers are much more ambiguous than the so called 1-100 rating system, do you guys feel less shitty about yourself when you get placed somewhere in the middle? Which sort of is the reason for this new counting system.

I think I do, but I got pretty used to the previous system as well after a while.

Yea I think Blizzard reasoned that since you can't fall out of a tier they would make it much harder to get there in the first place.

They also nerfed end of season CP's HARD

Jellie

I didn't knew that, had no idea they took the last season into consideration.

Anyway, I hope you get lucky with your team for the last 2 games :)

Yesterday was absolutely atrocious for me, especially on KOTH. In Nepal a few seconds before the match ended I had gold medal on eliminations playing Lucio, ended with silver with only 16 kills... it was depressing really. Thankfully joninder joined up with me.

I placed ~2700 with only 5W and a draw (playing support in like 7 games). My highest last season was 62 and I finished at 57 too. Don't really understand how this works.

Should make a spreadsheet and survey gaf to find out how placements work.

Yea I think Blizzard reasoned that since you can't fall out of a tier they would make it much harder to get there in the first place.

They also nerfed end of season CP's HARD

Yeah 300 CP from 65 to the equivalent of 80 is pretty hard. 65 now gets 120. Guess they wanted to make the rewards harder to earn since people were saying that nearly everyone had one.
Current tier might be my peak since I just managed to get 70 last season which would be master. Not sure if I'd be able to repeat it.

Ramirez

When I said they couldn't leave Zarya as is, I mainly meant her beam length. It's effective range is crazy now.

Also, Mei is probably the best Zarya counter in the game. You can't do it alone every time, but you can usually make her panic enough that she's nullified. Works best in KOTH, I haven't really tried an attack Mei yet. She's really good on defense though at first points, I usually dump her after that.

#7 overall Mei on Overbuff! New main!

When I said they couldn't leave Zarya as is, I mainly meant her beam length. It's effective range is crazy now.

Also, Mei is probably the best Zarya counter in the game. You can't do it alone every time, but you can usually make her panic enough that she's nullified. Works best in KOTH, I haven't really tried an attack Mei yet. She's really good on defense though at first points, I usually dump her after that.

You're the #7 PSN Mei. How does it feel to be so hated?

I tried attack Mei and it worked out quite well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdpuF38zlrM

Could've just been because of people not being used to the new patch, but either way, it worked.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Stupid Overbuff. It's updated for everyone else I look up. Had a really good Zarya and Tracer day, I want to see how my stats changed.

Mine got stuck for over a week before, really annoying when that stuff happens.

I just need to gun for top roadhog. I will not be satisfied until I'm the best hooker in NA.

You are the OG Mei, I'm merely a flavor of the week.

I think y'all coulda ran 6 Syms against that team in the video though. :p

Strider, I'll play quick play with you brotha.

You know how to make me feel both special and inadequate at the same time.

Just like my ex-wife.

xaosslug

so, yeah. Yesterday was my first time rolling w/ a very stick-to-da-meta! team in comp. We already had Rein & Zarya mains (and D.Va/me makes 3!), and at one point one guy asked the Zarya main if they played anyone else and they were like nope, and we were in a holding pattern as whether or not to run 3 tanks (which they were iffy about), so I told them I'm confident in my S76/Junkrat/Zenyatta/Pharah/Symm/Reaper play and they asked me to go Reaper. They were all on mic except me and we won a bunch of matches, but it was a very different experience than I'm used to. The vibe was still very chill, but when someone made a mistake they talked about it (w/o playing the blame game) and went over where we went wrong/how not to do that, etc. Like for instance there was a S76 behind us at the last point on WP Gibraltar, and someone called it out but no one went to get him. It was kind of hilarious, tbh. He didn't hurt or hinder us in any way, but they discussed the 'situation' afterward. LOL

very interesting group/set of games, tbh!

Strider

Strider, I'll play quick play with you brotha.

Cool... just shoot me an invite whenever you see me on as I'm always down to group up with folks. I'll be around tonight if you're on then... I'm not even sure I have you added on PSN but if not I'll shoot you a friend request soon.

Since you obviously have way more experience with the console version than me do you think they changed something with the aiming this patch besides the aim assist bug? Prior to this patch I only played a little bit when i would queue with a friend but since the patch I'm actually really really enjoying the PS4 version. Feels sooooo much better. I feel like whatever the aim assist bug alone couldn't have been that big a deal for me.

It helps that I'm also significantly better on console. I just been spamming Hanzo in the brawl lately and I feel like Seagull lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom