• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
When playing as D.Va, is there anything you can do to counter/slow down a Zayra?
tumblr_ly6l44zfOt1r7cf6no4_250.gif

Pachimari

Didn't they replace those options with slider?
I don't see any sliders for that?

My game is running smoothly at 60fps at Epic settings, but it happens that it crashes and says "rendering engine has been lost."

What can I do to fix this? I don't see the framerate cap. Only the choice to cap it to 30fps.

Rad-

Overbuff still shows my stats from 6 days ago feelsbadman. Also just had a 70% kill participation game with McAimAssist and we won. We had 3 dps heroes so I have no fucking clue what the other 2 dps guys were doing the whole match. I don't get why people don't switch from dps if they aren't getting the job done. When I have a bad game with a dps hero I try switching to someone else to maybe be more useful for the team.

R0ckman

Is anyone actually in bronze or silver? Haven't seen anyone mention it around here.

I was places there but not sure why other than playing Rein and Lucio most of my games. Flew right out of it into gold though not sure I want to climb regardless of most definitely being a platinum player, even winning most of my matches the losses are INSANELY bad and some wins are stressful Zarya carries. My friend list was filled with players when I was in that mess.

Tovarisc

I don't see any sliders for that?

My game is running smoothly at 60fps at Epic settings, but it happens that it crashes and says "rendering engine has been lost."

What can I do to fix this? I don't see the framerate cap. Only the choice to cap it to 30fps.

What kind temps are you seeing for CPU and GPU during gameplay, especially longer sessions?

Jellie

When playing as D.Va, is there anything you can do to counter/slow down a Zayra?
Lose the meka and shoot her from far away? Not much else.
Overbuff still shows my stats from 6 days ago feelsbadman. Also just had a 70% kill participation game with McAimAssist and we won. We had 3 dps heroes so I have no fucking clue what the other 2 dps guys were doing the whole match.
70% doesn't mean your whole team did 30%. Say 100 eliminations occurred and you did 70 elimination for 70% they could have had a similar number as eliminations are kills and assists not just kills so you can share eliminations. It just means you were involved in 70% of all eliminations not you did 70% and everyone else did 30%.

Rad-

Lose the meka and shoot her from far away? Not much else.

70% doesn't mean your whole team did 30%. Say 100 eliminations occurred and you did 70 elimination for 70% they could have had a similar number as eliminations are kills and assists not just kills so you can share eliminations. It just means you were involved in 70% of all eliminations not you did 70% and everyone else did 30%.

Yes I know but over 50% generally still means you did work.

So what does it mean when I get 124% kill participation?

R0ckman

Actually I'm pretty sure that the placement system is complete trash, I grouped with a very low silver who was playing Lucio and she was actually very damn good. Knew strategies and comps, not sure what the hell is with this game.

OVDRobo

Man. I feel like the people playing competitive are taking the game way more seriously than I like to, at least on PS4.

I'll usually wait for everyone to pick and then fill in any obvious gaps like a support or tank since I don't mind which archetype I play compared to some people, but people have started doing this obnoxious thing where they start blinking on characters to tell me who to pick and even messaging me occasionally.

Being forced into playing a character isn't exactly making me feel like trying my best and it's really annoying when you bully me into following some established meta and then we get wiped out because no one on the team can actually aim worth a shit or coordinate to save their lives, let alone shoot down that Pharah or take out the Genji that's been throwing shurikens at our healers from the backlines for the last 5 deaths they've had.

duckroll

Wow. Had a fantastic set of games on Comp today. Played with different friends, had good games with all of them. At one point I had a 5-6 game winning streak. Didn't last, but even the losses weren't painful. Good close games, some draws too. The most stressful match was Nepal rounds which kept going into Overtime.

Almost crawled out of my terrible weekend dip after placements. At this point I'm happy if I can surpass my placement rank and get to 2300 or so. I doubt I can get to Plat, but that would be a nice bonus. Just need Blizzard to be kind and not match me with idiot players.

Vire

Is there another site similar to Overbuff, it seems it's broken at the moment?

Also... Which McCree skin to get? I got 1000 coins but I don't really love any of them. Maybe I'll just get Sun Zen instead.

No one plays Ana in competitive. I'm ranked #20 in the region beacuse only 3500 people played with her. Shame, she's a good healer, the dumb rushing Reinhardt survives an incredible amount of damage due to her grenade + heal.

R0ckman

so, yeah. Yesterday was my first time rolling w/ a very stick-to-da-meta! team in comp. We already had Rein & Zarya mains (and D.Va/me makes 3!), and at one point one guy asked the Zarya main if they played anyone else and they were like nope, and we were in a holding pattern as whether or not to run 3 tanks (which they were iffy about), so I told them I'm confident in my S76/Junkrat/Zenyatta/Pharah/Symm/Reaper play and they asked me to go Reaper. They were all on mic except me and we won a bunch of matches, but it was a very different experience than I'm used to. The vibe was still very chill, but when someone made a mistake they talked about it (w/o playing the blame game) and went over where we went wrong/how not to do that, etc. Like for instance there was a S76 behind us at the last point on WP Gibraltar, and someone called it out but no one went to get him. It was kind of hilarious, tbh. He didn't hurt or hinder us in any way, but they discussed the 'situation' afterward. LOL

very interesting group/set of games, tbh!

This is a problem I notice sometimes, people will kind of "zone out" and not really listen to call outs.

AngryMoth

I really feel like I'm some kind of magnet for rip-tires. Try to separate from my team mates, go to awkward locations but it always manages to find me]

Any GAF games on ps4 going on?
I'm gonna play some more in a minute if you wanna add me on psn (TomABrook)

R0ckman

I really feel like I'm some kind of magnet for rip-tires. Try to separate from my team mates, go to awkward locations but it always manages to find me

I actually try to chase down the junk rats location to either kill him or if he's dumb enough bait him into reflex triggering and killing both of us to keep it 5 on 5 lol.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Yes I know but over 50% generally still means you did work.

Of course but that doesn't mean your teammates didn't do any work.

There are some factors which won't show up in stats at all. Stuff like Reaper or Tracer flanking/distracting enemies, McCree stunning enemies, Pharah's being an annoyance and disrupting enemy formations, stuff like that.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
No one plays Ana in competitive. I'm ranked #20 in the region beacuse only 3500 people played with her. Shame, she's a good healer, the dumb rushing Reinhardt survives an incredible amount of damage due to her grenade + heal.

TBH there's a huge stigma against characters like Ana, Widowmaker and even Symmetra in competitive which prevents most people from playing them and some will even discourage others from playing it.

Moonkeis

I hope the replay option comes out this year. It'll be great to re-watch a match and see what the hell some people are doing during a match. :)

xaosslug

wait for Zarya to drop her shield and then boost in her face and get those headshots. Zarya will probably win the 1vD.Va mech, but when you are out of your suit that's when you take ha downE! ;)

Hey guys, my bud has to take a call, so is it cool if you go without us for a match or two?

Will be up for some GAF games once he's done :)

Bleh, had some bad matches and I'm not in the mood for comp anymore, sorry guys ):

Is Overbuff finished updating? Because for now, I'm really happy that I'm #193 for Symmetra and 95% for Mercy. Would feel very validating after matches yesterday where people constantly shat on and berated me with a lot of extremely vulgar insults for playing support and blaming me for their poor play despite me nearly carrying matches.

Greddleok

Solo Queue: Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Kicked ass in the first round with a two tank, two dps, two healer combo. One healer decides they've had enough and switches to Genji, the other tank decides they've had enough and switches to Reaper.

No one switches back after we get our asses handed to us constantly.

Oh golly gosh, due to a friend picking up this game just the other day I've been doing quick play duty this evening helping him get to grips with the game.
Which means I'm back down in the low levels, often as support, everyone on my team is just running around going on their own rambo adventure, all of a sudden a rough competitive match doesn't seem so bad anymore.

Route 66 on attack, I had to take D-Va and nigh on single handedly move the payload around the map because no one else was even trying to push it.
I'd heard tales of these sort of matches and I thought they were a thing of the past, they still exist, the horror!
Also Hanzo, Hanzo everywhere, so many jammy one shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom