• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

Just realized in 50 S2 comp games so far I haven't once played Kings Row. Did they remove it or is it just me?

On second thought even Dorado I've maybe played once in S2 -- or maybe not at all, I can't even remember.

duckroll

Just realized in 50 S2 comp games so far I haven't once played Kings Row. Did they remove it or is it just me?

On second thought even Dorado I've maybe played once in S2 -- or maybe not at all, I can't even remember.

Had two games there today. Two Dorado too. Maybe 3.

xaosslug

played KR yesterday. I still haven't seen't the new map in comp, tho. :(

Calion

Spent an entire Defense and attack effort with only 5 people, looking for a 6th. Got a loss of course. Fuck you blizzard.

X-Frame

just played my first placement match on ps4. no one talked. we won. was fun.

From my experience on PS4, often times players will not talk until someone else talks and proves they're not an asshole. Just saying "What's up everyone" has often gotten at least 1-2 players talking immediately and then sometimes more will switch over during the game.

It's actually more likely I get into a game with others talking than with nobody else talking. I shed a tear when I see that it's just me in Team Chat or 1 other person because that definitely makes a difference if your callouts can be heard by 5 other players versus none or 1.

MG310

Guy picks Ana as a second healer to defend Volskaya, don't think he actually healed anyone once the match started, just stayed on the point waiting to die and then quit right before the first point fell.

Thanks.

jorma

is now taking requests
Spent an entire Defense and attack effort with only 5 people, looking for a 6th. Got a loss of course. Fuck you blizzard.

There's no backfill in competetive. When someone leaves, you'll be a man down from that point on.

ViviOggi

They must have messed with the potg algorithm again, rezzes everywhere

LiK

I don't find Zarya that big a deal as DVa. I just shoot her from afar when she's not bubbled and Zarya players always get distracted by it. Just boost away when she gets close.

Satch

Banned
don't worry
zarya-gameplay.jpg

Tracer_waving_header.jpg

it'll happen to their faves next. and then they'll know
Protect Zarya 😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢🏋🏼🏋🏼🏋🏼🏋🏼🏋🏼🏋🏼🏋🏼

Alucrid

Banned
so if someone already finished their placement matches i'm assuming they don't win or lose anything when they group up with others for their placement matches. is that right?

Raxanas

Neo Member
so if someone already finished their placement matches i'm assuming they don't win or lose anything when they group up with others for their placement matches. is that right?

If u stack more than 3 ppl u might get a premade enemy team or worse...U should stack at most 3 ppl to make it optimal

Pachimari

Eh i hope u got friends that make it worth buddy,adding more ping on competitive shooters aint a good thing

My online friends are playing on the US servers, and that's more important than anything. Although I might shift to EU servers, because of the times.

[edit] Oh wait, my profile can play on both EU and US!?
If so, please add me.

xaosslug

from my understanding if you placed as platinum/gold/diamond/whatever, you don't lose that, but you lose/gain points (your XXXXSR) to rank up when you win or lose. I think.

Ramirez

Docking me 25 points for a loss when the opposing team has a 150 point advantage is a joke. Putting me on a team with Platinums against a group of 4 with a Master, an even bigger joke. God this matchmaking is SHIT.

Raxanas

Neo Member
My online friends are playing on the US servers, and that's more important than anything. Although I might shift to EU servers, because of the times.

[edit] Oh wait, my profile can play on both EU and US!?
If so, please add me.

Yea i think u can.Since i cant find ur battle tag on the list,add me from there

protonium

The rank point system seems terrible. I get 20-40 points a win, but lose 50+ per loss... I won 5 games in a row and only gained ~150 points. Lost 3 in a row and it erased my gains... What?

Tovarisc

Hard not to feel like that matchmaking intentionally makes sure you don't gain SR in any meaningful way, more likely to lose. Getting stomped game after game at some point stops being 100% coincidence when it happens after 1-2 wins.

Hard not to feel like that matchmaking intentionally makes sure you don't gain SR in any meaningful way, more likely to lose. Getting stomped game after game at some point stops being 100% coincidence when it happens after 1-2 wins.
didn't blizzard say at one point that comp rank was not supposed to be a progress bar, but an assessment of your skill level? not shitting on you or anyone else who feels "stuck", and I know if I played comp I would probably feel the same. just wondering if maybe that is the intention of the matchmaking :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom