• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I found the FPS limit slider and set it to 120fps. And I'm keeping an eye on my GPU and CPU temps, so far they are:

GPU: 68 degrees
CPU: 51 degrees

[edit] And the game just crashed again. The last couple of times it has always happened while I have been outside the borderless window, and for example been browsing while the game is loading in the background.

R0ckman

didn't blizzard say at one point that comp rank was not supposed to be a progress bar, but an assessment of your skill level? not shitting on you or anyone else who feels "stuck", and I know if I played comp I would probably feel the same. just wondering if maybe that is the intention of the matchmaking :p

But any way you look at it its jank, why was I placed in silver at about 1700 when the game shot me clear out of it with gaining more than I lost? Why are people placed in plat and daimond dropping like stones? Its a bugged system.

But any way you look at it its jank, why was I placed in silver at about 1700 when the game shot me clear out of it with gaining more than I lost? Why are people placed in plat and daimond dropping like stones? Its a bugged system.
i agree tbh, it doesn't seem like anyone is happy with the way the system works. so it's probably flawed :p

SeanR1221

They fixed the aim assist in general so presumably that's what they mean.

Also, as Ana's non-scoped fire counts as a projectile I assume that benefits from the hit box size increase.

Hm, I should give her another shot. I love the concept, it just became tough to consistently heal others.

Anne

Fairly convinced Zarya is the best character in the game now. That's not a bad thing, just something I observe.

xaosslug

Fairly convinced Zarya is the best character in the game now. That's not a bad thing, just something I observe.

pretty much if she's on my team in comp, and good: I win. If she's on the enemy team in comp, and good: I lose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

finalflame

Same. Been practicing Zarya in QP and hot damn. At first I was terrible, but once I enabled allied health bars and set my sensitivity down for her + got the hang of applying barriers/timing, she is a goddamn beast. Also differently from the other tanks, if your shield is on cooldown, you need to be in the back lobbing projectiles.

I still have a long way to go before I feel comfortable taking her into comp, but once I do, boy oh boy. Bring in the HARD CARRY.

Tovarisc

didn't blizzard say at one point that comp rank was not supposed to be a progress bar, but an assessment of your skill level? not shitting on you or anyone else who feels "stuck", and I know if I played comp I would probably feel the same. just wondering if maybe that is the intention of the matchmaking :p

Which is kinda oddball. If ranked was meant to assess MY skill level then why MY skill level going up or down is determined by TEAM as a whole? If system was supposed to be assessment of my personal skill then my RS shouldn't be affected by end result of match. Now your personal skill has very little meaning if your team can't win matches and if game keeps giving you shit then you aren't going to win, so you keep going down in SR that is "assessment of your personal skill level".

xaosslug

been playing solo queue for an hour or so and had a VERY CLOSE KotH win on Lijiang Tower, a draw on Hanamura, and a loss on King's Row. OUCH! >_<

That was some leroy jenkins shit on hanamura.
Thanks for the games. Mixed bag today. Lost when we were up against 5/6 man groups. Mics in the future?
I wouldn't be opposed to mics. Anything to make the games a bit easier is fine by me. It would also be more fun to just talk to each other.

Also got the quad dragon kill. Finally

R0ckman

Reaper's death animations cracks me up for some reason, like at work embarassingly bust out laughing level.he holds his stomach like a baby and just slowly drops to the ground lol.

Ramirez

Had gold in healing with roadhouse for half the match. We had s lucio

New melee character??

rHVZo3d.jpg

Jellie

I wouldn't be opposed to mics. Anything to make the games a bit easier is fine by me. It would also be more fun to just talk to each other.

Also got the quad dragon kill. Finally

Yeah I'll be using one in the future probably. Other groups we face will be.
The king's rows games we played were a bit dodgy. Probably should have had a Reinhardt I guess.
Congrats on the quad. Was it with a zarya?
I got the other soldier trophy (both from playing with you) for the double rocket kill.

The king's rows games we played were a bit dodgy. Probably should have had a Reinhardt I guess.
I got the other soldier trophy (both from playing with you) for the double rocket kill.
No Zarya. Just me haha. They were all in the walkway to the left of the first point on Volskaya and I launched it behind them. 4 kills, instantly. I got a little ecstatic to say the least.

Got POTG for it. I teabagged like crazy and threw a spray down because I was so happy to get that trophy.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Are you and optimus both on PSN? Don't think I've played with you guys yet.

Jellie

No Zarya. Just me haha. They were all in the walkway to the left of the first point on Volskaya and I launched it behind them. 4 kills, instantly. I got a little ecstatic to say the least.

Got POTG for it. I teabagged like crazy and threw a spray down because I was so happy to get that trophy.
Got mine on Volskya too. Desperate ult from spawn on defense and ending up getting 5 kills. Only used him cos I just got the wolf skin. Never played since.
Are you and optimus both on PSN? Don't think I've played with you guys yet.
I'm offline now but yeah PSN.
Holy shit, please stop giving me King's Row
Have you got King's Row PTSD too?

Satch

Banned
this guy on the enemy team had the NERVE to pick pharah against me and then talk shit to me in all chat

i picked her too and fucking dumpstered that little shithead

at the end of the game i told him "learn your place"

THESE ARE MY SKIES AND I DONT SHARE (except with mercy)

Why is it that some games go into overtime, when one team has 99% and the other like 46%?

Are you serious?

Because they have someone on the point keeping the Overtime timer going...

The time goes down quicker over time tho... so if someone is holding it by themselves steps off it could go super quick.

My method yesterday was to see Zarya coming out of a building a few meters away, panic, boost through her into the room, which of course was a car wash, with Sym sitting at the other doorway. Sym gets up and starts melting me, Zarya finishes me from behind, and Pilot D.Va is wasted immediately by Sym turrets.

Nailed it.

Went 3-2, ended 40 pts higher than I started.

Both of my losses had leavers that quit two fucking minutes into the match. And the matches were still close.

Fuck leavers. Hard.

Pachimari

Are you serious?

Because they have someone on the point keeping the Overtime timer going...

The time goes down quicker over time tho... so if someone is holding it by themselves steps off it could go super quick.

Sorry but I only just recently got really into it, even though I have had the game since launch. I only have 5 hours in it, so I'm still getting used to all of the characters, their matchups, the maps, layouts, rules and modes. It'll take a little time.

So if someone is holding a point, it'll go into overtime, and if we remove those players from the point, the clock will count down faster?

Pogonip

Neo Member
A 2-7-1 record in placement matches on PS4 placed me in Gold at 2185 SR. Some real close losses, others were complete stomps for the enemy. All wins were close 1-0 affairs. Draw was a 0-0 on Hanamura. And considering I was Rank 56 in Season 1, that's a large drop...

Maybe it's time to start playing duo/trio queue if I want that platinum rating.

Sorry but I only just recently got really into it, even though I have had the game since launch. I only have 5 hours in it, so I'm still getting used to all of the characters, their matchups, the maps, layouts, rules and modes. It'll take a little time.

So if someone is holding a point, it'll go into overtime, and if we remove those players from the point, the clock will count down faster?

Ah. No worries!

So if someone from the opposite team is on the point it goes into overtime. If no one is on the point when you reach 100 it instantly makes you a winner.

If the opposite team is able to stay on the point the overtime meter stays full and goes down when they are ALL off it. The longer they keep it in over time the faster the meter will fall when they are off... at first it's a slow crawl down... but over time it will fall down in a second.

If the opposite team is able to get your team off of it they will then begin to fill their capture meter to take the point back. If they are successful then their percentage meter begins to fill until you can get them off and re capture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom