• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you leave round 1 when we're close to the end? Fucking idiot randoms.
Seriously, you can't join a new match until the old one ends, so what's the point if you just have to sit in the main screen the whole time? At the very least, staying gives you XP and you don't get penalized.

A 2-7-1 record in placement matches on PS4 placed me in Gold at 2185 SR. Some real close losses, others were complete stomps for the enemy. All wins were close 1-0 affairs. Draw was a 0-0 on Hanamura. And considering I was Rank 56 in Season 1, that's a large drop...

Maybe it's time to start playing duo/trio queue if I want that platinum rating.

I'm pretty sure they've recalibrated to where the midpoint is in the middle of Gold instead of right at 2500. It would make sense; otherwise the "average" player would essentially randomly place into Gold or Platinum. I think they want the "average" player square in Gold.

LiK

Seriously, you can't join a new match until the old one ends, so what's the point if you just have to sit in the main screen the whole time? At the very least, staying gives you XP and you don't get penalized.

It's like they forgot how this all works.

I should've pulled out my Junk when it was 5v6. Next time I'll do that.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Went 4 - 2 in my first 6 placement matches as a duo, happy with that, in one of those games we got the most braid dead, awful 4 stack ever on our team and just had no chance whatsoever so I can't even get mad about that one. The other loss they had some insane stack with a S1 SR77 Ana while we had a Tracer who didn't solo anyone the whole match.

AngryMoth

A 2-7-1 record in placement matches on PS4 placed me in Gold at 2185 SR. Some real close losses, others were complete stomps for the enemy. All wins were close 1-0 affairs. Draw was a 0-0 on Hanamura. And considering I was Rank 56 in Season 1, that's a large drop...

Maybe it's time to start playing duo/trio queue if I want that platinum rating.
I had the exact same record in placements and got placed 21xx as well. Solo queuing is such a crapshoot, the teams are often so imbalanced on one side stomps the other

AcAnchoa

I'm pondering whether to retire for good from the game or stick to Quick Play while licking my wounds from comp for a time. I know I'm not an especially good player, but the last four games were terrible to the point of shame for everyone on my team. Got some good matches yesterday, though, I even enjoyed losing some of them for how tense and close they were.

J Range

I didnt know aim assist was such a factor. I turned mine off weeks ago and forgot about it on console. Thought i was gonna have to retire from the game, as i had regressed or something. Playing lucio to not hurt my team bad.

I remembered yesterday and wow. Rank is improving dramamtically.

Does D.Va Mek and Pilot count as two kills, but only one kill when it comes to %?
Do rezzed players count as a whole new person to % or are you killing the same person twice?

Mech doesn't count as a kill. It's like killing a turret. Revived players do count as a whole new kill as it also counts as a second death if you die again after reviving.

LiK

Leavers seriously piss me off specially when it's just round 1. Take the damn L and learn. Sometimes you can do comebacks. Yes, they exist.

Moonkeis

I am not enjoying Mercy play at all in solo queue. The amount of deaths because no one bothers to assist you when you're being targeted, to me isn't worth it. I pretty much default to Ana at that point even though it's too late in the game (that's with an additional support).

And the Lucio that keeps charging head on, asking for heals?

tumblr_inline_o8ocmshceu1r9qa7r_540.jpg

How hard can it be for people to kill ONE Bastion. On KOTH. We even had a Pharah and a Genji. How bad can you be if you can't even kill a Bastion?

They just ignored him the whole time. As soon as I got to him, two or three teammates were already dead. *sigh*

Leavers seriously piss me off specially when it's just round 1. Take the damn L and learn. Sometimes you can do comebacks. Yes, they exist.

Quitting and not coming back should be an automatic 24h timeout from competitive queue. No exceptions. Same with going AFK in spawn.

How hard can it be for people to kill ONE Bastion. On KOTH. We even had a Pharah and a Genji. How bad can you be if you can't even kill a Bastion?

They just ignored him the whole time. As soon as I got to him, two or three teammates were already dead. *sigh*

This happens constantly.
One of my biggest frustrations with other players is when they're attackers, but at the end of the match it says I did more damage as Winston.

Is it just me or does it feel impossible to rank up at all? As soon as I get a win, the next few matches have some crappy randoms, there's no win streak bonus(not like I can get on a win streak), and you lose more than you win with rank points.

If the crappy randoms would just go away, this would be 10x more enjoyable, but I don't know when that will happen. At this point, a 6 man GAF train would probably be best. Going up against a good team sounds more appealing than having a couple bad randoms.

X-Frame

that is super impressive. congrats. played solo or with a group?

Almost completely solo. Maybe 5 of my 50 games were with 1 other random person I grouped up with.

I play mostly Zarya, followed by Reinhardt, and Lucio/Zen.

And thanks!

That feeling when on Hollywood, Round 3 time bank, you capture the payload with 3 seconds left, then push the damn thing all the way to end in constant overtime.

I am not enjoying Mercy play at all in solo queue. The amount of deaths because no one bothers to assist you when you're being targeted, to me isn't worth it. I pretty much default to Ana at that point even though it's too late in the game (that's with an additional support).

Does he want you to damage boost him for some reason? That's how Reins tell me pre-game that they are aggressive and want me to boost them. Sometimes they're actually worth it.

stupei

Mercy is pretty pointless in solo queue, it's true. Nobody bothers to protect the healer, but they sure will complain the second you're not there to heal them. Spamming, "I need healing!" like I'm not all the way back at the spawn point because they didn't bother to look behind them and get rid of the Tracer that had been hounding them just seconds ago. So many tanks that refuse to actually tank.

If I do decide to play Mercy in solo quick play, as soon as someone is on me and whoever I'm healing doesn't care, I stop healing them and go help someone else. Let them die. It's the only way they'll learn.
jk they'll never learn and will just yell at you instead

Vire

What a bummer, lightning and raining on my Labor Day BBQ... Oh well, guess the stove will have to do. And Overwatch LAN! :)

I also just learned in sters chat that Anas scoped shots are hitscan and not projectile. This changes everything. I need to scope more. No wonder Pharahs are so easy when scoped. This never came to mind.

Pachimari

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood:
Is this some kind of app?

Ah. No worries!

So if someone from the opposite team is on the point it goes into overtime. If no one is on the point when you reach 100 it instantly makes you a winner.

If the opposite team is able to stay on the point the overtime meter stays full and goes down when they are ALL off it. The longer they keep it in over time the faster the meter will fall when they are off... at first it's a slow crawl down... but over time it will fall down in a second.

If the opposite team is able to get your team off of it they will then begin to fill their capture meter to take the point back. If they are successful then their percentage meter begins to fill until you can get them off and re capture.
This makes sense to me. Thank you for taking time to explain it to me. :)

No_Style

LrG, DakarZero and I just had the most amazing overtime push on Hollywood. Tied 3-3, we went on attack and capped the first point in overtime and kept overtime rolling until the end. Won the match 6-4. It was incredible!

xaosslug

just finished a game on Hanamura where we were on attack and having a super difficult time taking point B, but we did it in overtime (I went Junkrat and LIT THE PLACE UPPPP, got PotG too!), and when it flipped to defence someone on the enemy left (I think it was a Genji that I kept trapping and blowing up. xD) and I was like WTF? They put up a pretty good defence. It wasn't at all easy... why leave? I mean usually teams are BETTER on attack than defence. It was a weird game, because I don't usually run Junkrat in comp but just felt like it today. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom