• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Arghhhhh when you lose a KOTH comp match despite being up 2-0.

Placed into diamond going 7-2-1, 2683, lost a hundred on two losses, got back up to 2603ish with a win. Played a bunch of Rein.

This is still better than quick play.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
To be fair that's not a very large drop though, you can easily make it back to where you were with a short win streak.

It's the streak part that's eluding me at the moment. My wins and losses have come in spurts of 2 games at most. Most of them aren't complete blowouts which I guess is actually what you'd want but... eh, I would like to rise a bit. :p

Satch

Banned
Im gettinf like 20 points a win now, whats everyone elses point gain looking like ?

the points i lose are pretty huge but i havent kept count of the exact numbers

ramyeon

Im gettinf like 20 points a win now, whats everyone elses point gain looking like ?

the points i lose are pretty huge but i havent kept count of the exact numbers
Mine really vary. Sometimes I'll get around 50, other times only like 15 and pretty much anywhere between those. Have never had less than 10 though.

When I lose it's usually about 20-40.

Gorillaz

The problem alot of times I see in these comp matches is people change heroes mid mid KOTH rounds. Like if it ain't broke dont fix it. If your dominating with that team why are you changing heroes.

Been dealing with losses from dudes wanting to change mid game to mei or some shit and throws off what synergy we had

The problem alot of times I see in these comp matches is people change heroes mid mid KOTH rounds. Like if it ain't broke dont fix it. If your dominating with that team why are you changing heroes.

Been dealing with losses from dudes wanting to change mid game to mei or some shit and throws off what synergy we had

Some heros are better suited for certain maps

So far, been getting quite a bit of success from solo queue. Mainly due to me avoiding DPS all together and picking my support/tank mains.

Ana, Lucio, Dva, Zarya are getting the most playtime for me.

xaosslug

literally what happens almost every time -__- We will win 1 round, and then everyone changes characters and it's like... why? We JUST won with that config, at least keep it until it doesn't work?!?! T__T

R0ckman

Shout out to moonkie, very dependable healer. Never have to worry about what hes doing or is planning.

Had some bad teammates though in my last KotH with him, they thought there was a dps problem when it was a teamwork problem. Team was not very hard but the people on our side didnt seem to seriously care about the match. I checked several times with people sitting on ults and our zen twice wasting his despite the enemy zen showing him how to properly use it. I wasnt mad when I suggested he save it for enemy ults but his partner he was grouped with got defensive saying he slipped on the button, when it happened twice in the match.

Had my surge ready as Zarya (my carry character) wanted to use it before the zen got his ult back. I say to team junk who had is ult that we should combo, no response. Got gravity surged one last time before match ended, our zen didnt ult. Honestly, Id rather go full six stack, these randoms are just not always taking things seriously.

I kinda feel like unless I'm playing with a group, the matchmaking hates me. Im always the "high ranking" member of our team, and once you see the team make their picks, you see that to be absolutely true. Almost every game - 4 gold medals... during an absolute ass kicking. Just once.... just once.... I'd love to be the "weak link". Not feel like I need to be the damage dealing healing tank because Im consistently playing with some combo of Ana/Widow/Hanzo/Genji/Tracer.

Every single match plays out exactly the same in quick play. Bastion sitting in a corner the entire match and nobody doing a fucking thing

I don't really see too many Bastions anymore. But when I do, I put a stop to it quick. Sometimes I play Bastion at the start of a match when I'm on defense for some early ambush kills, but once I die I swap to someone more useful.

So many people suck at this game, they don't even need "skill" per se. Just common sense to do little things to slow the enemies down. Even with a 3-4 man party I lose matches:/ I think I'm gonna try for 6 man parties.

holysan

We had a bastion and Rein too on our 2nd Dorado round.

We attack -> 1 min left
Enemy attacks -> 3 mins left

We attack with bastion and catch them off guard, which makes it possible for us to snowball almost until the end. Their Reaper got a good tilt, SR 70 in S1 but still an asshole who insults everyone, just because his team is unable to counter this.

Hope it doesn't take too long for the ranks to adjust. While there wasn't a real stomp until now, I don't like to be matched with people who were 10 - 20 ranks above me in s1, just because they had bad luck or Symmetra mains in their placement games.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So many people suck at this game, they don't even need "skill" per se. Just common sense to do little things to slow the enemies down. Even with a 3-4 man party I lose matches:/ I think I'm gonna try for 6 man parties.
I think team chemistry is a huge factor, people really have to be on the same page and even if you're playing with friends, if you aren't on the same page or working as a team you will crumble. It's kind of why I have a love/hate for solo queue because it provides an interesting sort of dynamic and challenge. Even though I and many others will come here and bitch about our experience.
Played some games with gaffers and my Mercy got like 6 POTGs in a row, lol. Clutch revives!
Oh so that was you. Awesome work out there.

I've had a QP where the bastion player with a mei was legit terrifying. They were playing more flank/ambush style. So unless you had someone always looking for the bastion it was not at the front line. Then when the engagement started you just suddenly see a wave of bullets from a random flank position. The mei was there to ensure the bastion can reach hard to get areas as well as ensure everything stayed in bastions line of fire by cutting off escape routes.

The whole setup was cracked after the team had a couple of switches, getting a WM and a tracer just to hunt them. But it was still an dangerous surprise. Mobile bastion is scary.

ramyeon

I think they are measuring how the RNG mm placed them for the round, if a combo like that works you know you can take it easy a bit.
Last time this happened was Dorado, both of them got taken out hassle free almost right away but they kept trying to set up over and over again.
To be fair this guy is WAY more mobile than any Bastion I've seen try it.

Gorillaz

Some heros are better suited for certain maps
True sometimes it does call for it but if the other team has no answer for your team make up then stick with it. Rather have the upper hand momentum wise then to switch off a character because this might work out better situation wise.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
wow had a team just now stay at the gate the entire time and wouldnt rush in to try to capture the point, it seemed no one wanted to die because of their k/d cred, fuck them all jesus

Last time this happened was Dorado, both of them got taken out hassle free almost right away but they kept trying to set up over and over again.

To be fair this guy is WAY more mobile than any Bastion I've seen try it.

Mobile bastion played like SC2 siege tank is the new meta.

Personally though, I like how some foreign teams are finding ways to mix things up. Reins shield is paper to the damage output that bastion has and is potentially a way of breaking the control that rein brings to a match.

Why? It's a really balanced map.
I hate it because it's probably the buggiest map in the game. It's also the only map I've had serious lag in. There was a bug where you could TP into it as Reaper and couldn't die but could shoot out of it. There was a bug as Tracer where you could get stuck in the payload and basically your team could never lose. The one bug I experienced on defense was that the payload was moving when no one was on it....except me, when I was on defense. Yet it continued to move forward. And that first point was completely worthless and is why they got rid of it.

It's the worst map.

I'm ok with this
Tbh, Mercy is probably the weakest healer in the game because she 100% relies on her teammates and as a solo healer, this is frustrating as all hell. Ana can sleep dart and grenade people to defend herself, Lucio can speed boost out of there, and Zen has discord. If Mercys teammates die, she's screwed, there's nothing she can do to save herself. At least, the other healers can either escape or take out someone before they die. Mercy has that tiny little pistol and it's not like she'll be able to fly to teammates corpses to escape because they are probably all dead on the point. She is probably the hardest healer to play in the game, especially when she's by herself. All she can do is watch her mates kill people, at least the other healers can help kill people themselves.

Blues1990

Just when things were turning around, our neighborhood suffered from a power outage. When I finally got back up to 2000, after checking my stats, I'm now back down to the 1900's.

Clearly, I think the heavens want to smite me for even trying now.

X-Frame

So do we know what Blizzard takes into account for Individual Performance that affects Skill Rating changes?

Is it medals? Certain stats? Being On Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom