• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satch

Banned
Can i ask you premade players something

Why do yall get into like idk a four man premade

Not swap characters

And then lose

Like dont yall feel bad about letting your friends down?

Owzers

my initial assumption is proving true: My placement will be the highest rank i get this season, all downhill from here.

In Comp S2 so far? She does. If you can't kill her before killing everyone else, no one is dying.
Then kill her?

Tbh, Mercy is the healer I'm the least worried about. With her ult, your team is still at an advantage. Wit the other support ults, they have the advantage, unless you also have a support ult to counter. Lucio is just hard to kill, so he's a pain and can do a lot of healing because of this, Ana has great killing potential, and Zen legit scares me if he's at a distance. And there ults(except maybe Ana) are far better than hers. Why bring them back to life when you can just keep them from dying in the first place?

xaosslug

ok, 2 back-to-back wins in solo queue comp. One on Volskaya, which was particularly intense/insane. We came back from a 4 minute deficit, and an enemy team rez on the point! T__T Someone (a Roadhog that hooked me while I was in the middle of calling down my mech, and as soon as the hook animation ended the mech came down and sent him flying into the ice cold abyss) from the enemy team even sent me a friend request afterward.

taking a break to catch my bearings.
waNUneB.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Can i ask you premade players something

Why do yall get into like idk a four man premade

Not swap characters

And then lose

Like dont yall feel bad about letting your friends down?
"I main X, I don't know how to play Y"

Thank you for being useless everytime someone counters your asses.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Then kill her?

Tbh, Mercy is the healer I'm the least worried about. With her ult, your team is still at an advantage. Wit the other support ults, they have the advantage, unless you also have a support ult to counter. Lucio is just hard to kill, so he's a pain and can do a lot of healing because of this, Ana has great killing potential, and Zen legit scares me if he's at a distance. And there ults(except maybe Ana) are far better than hers. Why bring them back to life when you can just keep them from dying in the first place?

There's a reason why mercy used to have a higher pick rate than lucio.

A good mercy will know to play MGS. It's basically having really good game awareness. It's not as simple as just kill her. Well, I mean, that's what you want to do, but the great mercy's out there know when to bow out of team fights and make sure the res is there.

Plus there are some stuff that just can't be transcended through. Though ideally you'd want to stagger your support ults.

Satch

Banned
"I main X, I don't know how to play Y"

Thank you for being useless everytime someone counters your asses.
THATS LITERALLY WHAT ONE OF THE GUYS SAID

LIKE ????? you get into a premade and play one hero all the time???? They let you?????????? And its okay???????

Chorazin

Man placement was frustrating as fuck when half of them had people from my team drop. Fuuuuuck all those assholes. 5-3 is so fun!

There's a reason why mercy used to have a higher pick rate than lucio.

A good mercy will know to play MGS. It's basically having really good game awareness. It's not as simple as just kill her. Well, I mean, that's what you want to do, but the great mercy's out there know when to bow out of team fights and make sure the res is there.

Plus there are some stuff that just can't be transcended through. Though ideally you'd want to stagger your support ults.
Yeah, but we are talking about other random people here. Not every good Mercy is going to have good teammates to support them. If her high damage dealers(DPS, Zarya, Roadhog, etc.) are bad, then there is no one to protect her and no one good to damage boost.

This is why I think she is the worst of the 4 healers. She 100% relies on her teammates. At least the other supports can do things without the help of their teammates.

duckroll

Yeah, but we are talking about other random people here. Not every good Mercy is going to have good teammates to support them. If her high damage dealers(DPS, Zarya, Roadhog, etc.) are bad, then there is no one to protect her and no one good to damage boost.

This is why I think she is the worst of the 4 healers. She 100% relies on her teammates. At least the other supports can do things without the help of their teammates.

We were? I was just talking in general. I usually play in premade groups, so I get matched with the same. Supports in groups can be immortal. :)

I'll gladly admit that I'm decidedly average at Overwatch, but we're in competitive season 2, and I'm getting matched with mostly other platinum ranked players... how do I still wind up on so many teams that seem to genuinely not pay attention to whether or not anyone on the team is moving / contesting the payload? I legitimately don't understand. Unless I'm getting matched exclusively with people who bought the game in the last week.

It's still better than attempting to go back to the garbage fire that is Quick Play, but even so, good god can this get frustrating.

xaosslug

We were? I was just talking in general. I usually play in premade groups, so I get matched with the same. Supports in groups can be immortal. :)

pretty much. We had a Mercy that would LITERALLY pop up out of nowhere and rez her team. It was ridiculous. At one point she even revived her team while in a Zarya ult. xD

Moonkeis

The other issue is in your average queue, everyone thinks "NEED MERCY!" because yes, in an ideal team comp with great team members it works. Most of the time, depending on the map, I'll start with her but if I see the team is just letting the enemy offense walk through right in front of them I switch off.

Yeah Mercy is feeling like she's back to launch levels with her healing buff and ult buff. It's kind of nuts and killing her isn't exactly easy for most of the cast. Part of me wishes you could interrupt the cast since it's proximity based anyways so she can just hide behind a wall or something.

The other issue is in your average queue, everyone thinks "NEED MERCY!" because yes, in an ideal team comp with great team members it works. Most of the time, depending on the map, I'll start with her but if I see the team is just letting the enemy offense walk through right in front of them I switch off.
Yeah, I'm by no means a pro Mercy, but I feel so weak and helpless as her. It's just "sit here and watch these guys kill things and hope they ignore me." Both times I tried Mercy today I immediately switched to Ana and immediately started performing well. Ana is life.

Moonkeis

Yeah, I'm by no means a pro Mercy, but I feel so weak and helpless as her. It's just "sit here and watch these guys kill things and hope they ignore me." Both times I tried Mercy today I immediately switched to Ana and immediately started performing well. Ana is life.

That's pretty much how its been for me. I've seen the game turn around quite often when I switch to Ana, and I can actually take out/dart someone trying to take me out.

There is nothing more satisfying than playing a super aggressive Symmetra and getting away with it. I mean running straight into the front lines, past their tanks, and killing their healers with no recourse aggressive. I think I got like 3-4 friend requests after that match lol

finalflame

There is nothing more satisfying than playing a super aggressive Symmetra and getting away with it. I mean running straight into the front lines, past their tanks, and killing their healers with no recourse aggressive. I think I got like 3-4 friend requests after that match lol

So the enemy team really sucked? Pretty sure if a Symmetra came anywhere near my front lines, as any of the heroes I play, I'd destroy her in a heartbeat.

Antiwhippy

Keep in mind that some of the pro mercies out there like unKOE are very active in securing elims also.

If I'm playing mercy I'll whip out the pistol over power boosting depending on the situation.

I FUCKING HATE LUCIO SO GOD DAMN MUCH

B R E A K I T D O W N

I got called out for switching off Zen on Gibraltar defense. I kept getting flanked and no one was listening so I switched to Pharah and ended up with 3 golds and a silver.

I tried explaining how the game works to my team but eh. We won.

Nazo

Finished my placements. I did pretty well. 7 wins, 2 draws, and 1 loss.

Ranked Diamond: 3085

Really stoked. I'm the highest ranked of all my friends. Feels great :)

R0ckman

I kind of wish contesting could only be accomplished with an equal amount of people on the point on either side, it would encourage an objective focus and stop the uninteresting stall cheeses like mei freezing on the point or zen ulting on the point.

Antiwhippy

I kind of wish contesting could only be accomplished with an equal amount of people on the point on either side, it would encourage an objective focus and stop the uninteresting stall cheeses like mei freezing on the point or zen ulting on the point.

Like, with how spawns work how would that make sense? You can't co-ordinate in that amount of time.

giphy.gif

Man, I don't know if I'm just really awful and I don't realize it or what, but this is the same thing that happened to me in season 1. Placement matches that feel pretty great, an opening 10 or so regular season matches that go alright, and then suddenly plummeting endlessly.

Got to love randoms on comp sometimes. Preferably on the other team.

1st round, the we push the payload but stops just before the end and round finishes.

Then in between rounds one of the guys on the other team starts complaining about his teammates.

On the 2nd round as defense, we end up barely holding the defense but it was enough to grab the win.

I fully believe that their whole play and chemistry broke down at some point since they obviously didn't like each other. But yeah, it was an uneventful match. My 3 res as Mercy got POTM...

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I seriously fucking hate this community. Probably one of the worst I've ever had the displeasure of playing with.

Everytime I start having fun, it rears its ugly head again.

I can't win a game if my life fucking depended on it; and yet MVP card every single round: most Objective time, most kills, most healing, most damage done, most defense, etc etc. I'll switch from D.Va to Anna to Lucio to Roadhog (80+ hook accuracy three times tonight), to Tracer. Finally, I'll just go Rein, and sure, I get damage defense out the ass, but nobody - nobody - will stay behind the shield, so what's the point?

I mean, I would never argue I'm great - but the fucking idiots I play with are something else. No one gets on point. Zen pops his ult AFTER 4/6 of our team are dead. Zarya will pop her ult and our Roadhog at 100% waits till after to use his ult. Mercy saving her first ult till the end of the game. Two Hanzos in half my game. Etc. Etc. ... Oh, and Bastion, holy fuck, if you die from the Genji 8 times in a row and haven't yet got a kill... Fucking switch your fucking hero or git gud.

Sad face :(

EDIT: Just had the closest game of the night. We lost the final push on offense. I asked why Mercy didn't Rez the three of us that died. She said she was saving it in case we went to OT. Fuck my life.

If anyone ever wants to hit me up my PSN is: Berserking-Guts. Cuz I really wanna get in on this competitive gig, but I've got no one to play with!

Platinum: 2522

Widowmaker, Bastion, and Hanzo on attack...

This game is a waste of time.

Yeah I'm starting to think so too. It's either you're in a team of people who know nothing or against a team that knows nothing. Either way your win/loss rarely has much to do with your own performance.

The teammates the game throws you has such a bigger impact on success than anything the other team does or you do.

Moonkid

If anyone ever wants to hit me up my PSN is: Berserking-Guts. Cuz I really wanna get in on this competitive gig, but I've got no one to play with!

Platinum: 2522
Added you just now, PSN handle is a variant of my Gaf one. I may have to climb a bit before playing with you though, I'm currently sitting on 2401.

Antiwhippy

Hanzo is arguably better on attack honestly. His "get picks or get nothing" style is more suitable on attack where you need to win a team fight once whereas on defense you'd want something more reliable.

You can tell the placement matches underrate you because playing with GAF in competitive it's been way more wins than losses, and the one loss I remember, included a previous rank 70 who was sitting around 2900.

I can't tell if Blizzard is afraid people will stop playing if they place closer to their likely rank. This moshpit of randomness in the gold/plat range is going to be annoying until people sort themselves out.

Hellix

I don't know what it is about Lijiang Tower, but three straight times on this map my team has been up 2-0, then the opposing team comes back to win 3-2. Then, there's the payload maps, where the opposing team always seems to carry it from the beginning point to near the end, all during overtime...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom