• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

i think maybe my Social page is fucked cuz i usually just have the game still running in Rest Mode. I'll try restarting the game app more often to see if that fixes it.

Rad-

I sent you both a friend request as well.

Im American but I live in spain.

Who do you guys usually play as?

Zarya, tracer,lucio, zenyatta, and reaper are probably whom I'm best with.

Im also good with mei or dva but not a fan of using them unless needed lol

I play McCree, Pharah, Reaper, Tracer, Junkrat, Roadhog, Zarya, Winston, Lucio, Mercy, Symmetra and Zenyatta depending on what the team needs and also what map is on. I think out of those I'm the best as McCree and he's also my most played hero.

Just as a heads up, I have full power/internet again. I will probably need to run through a couple of QP matches to get a feel for the changes before I consider touching Comp.
I won't be on tonight anyway but tomorrow night I will, I'll try to get some practice matches in then and see where we go from there. I'd recommend the brawl as comp practice as well as it enforces the one hero limit and helps you learn the new map.

X-Frame

Yeah, that social page is jacked.

Lik in particular only shows up occasional for me, as well.

X-Frame, too. I'll see that he's on my friends list and online, but not that he's playing Overwatch. Then, we're playing against each other randomly and I'm like ???

I just realized I haven't seen you online in like a month playing Overwatch. I played a lot this weekend, were you on too?

Does having your PSN set to Appear Offline affect it maybe? Sometimes I have mine set to that but not often.

Beckx

tfw you get play of the game but, as a result of match stress + waaaaaay too much caffeine, it shows your camera shaking wildly throughout the whole thing. :/

I won't be on tonight anyway but tomorrow night I will, I'll try to get some practice matches in then and see where we go from there. I'd recommend the brawl as comp practice as well as it enforces the one hero limit and helps you learn the new map.

Nice, I'll fire up the brawl. Haven't even touched the new map.

I just realized I haven't seen you online in like a month playing Overwatch. I played a lot this weekend, were you on too?

Does having your PSN set to Appear Offline affect it maybe? Sometimes I have mine set to that but not often.

Not this weekend, but pretty much every other day that this game has been out, haha.

I might try the thing that Lik said, where he will close out the app. I usually come in from Rest Mode, too.

It's weird how some people tend to show up all of the time and others almost never. Bugginess.

I have a few of you guys on PS4 on my list.

I'm always down to play competitive.

I currently main D.Va, Mercy, and Mei... but can switch out to Zenyata, Symmetra, Roadhog, and I am currently working on my Pharah skills.

LiK

I'm gonna add you.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Joined in at the final stretch of route 66 beause of leavers.

Get silver immediately for 2 elims.

You can already tell that it'll be a fun one.

Actually nearly pulled it off eh. My team was just dying all around me though. Some people just don't have the mechanical skill.

Got PotG so that's cool I guess.

Pachimari

I feel like I'm damn good at this game lol.

But my game crashed again. :(

Even after I made the DWORD (32-bit) in the registry. In fact, it just crashed a second time wow.

Antiwhippy

OMG, eichenwilde, mei is so bae on that map, even on attack.

First point, their reinhardt overextended (why do they always do that?). So I icewalled the chokepoint, trapped him by himself, he dies, and we very quickly took point A.

Final point, scored a quad blizzard in a wombo combo with a roadhog, securing us the win and me the PotG.

Antiwhippy

OMG I nearly got a legendary card (legendary is 10 votes right?) for my mei but I forgot to vote for myself. T_T

Also like, 3 mei PotGs in a row now.

Antiwhippy

Look, I'm mei, I know no honour.

Only the coldness of victory.

Though that nearly legendary was for 4 golds in a losing cause. :*(

Greddleok

I realized that I didn't miss Mercy being out of the meta last season. Those rezzes are backbreaking.

The best was seeing a Mercy Rez 4 other players and then throwing Zarya's ult into the middle of them all while my team mates went HAM. Stick that up your pipe and smoke it Mercy!

mellow

draws seem to happen an awful lot on Assault maps from my experience. I wish you got a small amount of skill rank from those rather than a couple of points towards golden guns.

Have Blizzard mentioned anything about new rewards for Season 2 yet btw? still haven't bought a Golden Gun yet as I don't really like them for any of my mains lol

Antiwhippy

Man, some people can be pretty unaware sometimes. Yes, our DVa wasn't great, and yes, she was just standing at the back shooting and not doing a lot, but the DVa player is only lvl 19. Sucks that you got stuck with someone just learning the game but give them a chance to learn? It's quick play anyway.

The Wife and I did our placement matches yesterday.

We won 6 lost 4.

I ended up at 3041, her at 2670.

I was having some shit games because my regular character all kept getting picked right off the bat. And on top of that, no one was picking tanks on our team hardly at all. Or our healers would switch to DPS mid match and we'd have no healers for a while.

That said, I had a great game of Control on Lijang where I had 70 elims with 22,000+ damage as Pharah.

LiK

We won 6 lost 4.

I was having some shit games because my regular character all kept getting picked right off the bat. And on top of that, no one was picking tanks on our team hardly at all. Or our healers would switch to DPS mid match and we'd have no healers for a while.

That said, I had a great game of Control on Lijang where I had 70 elims with 22,000+ damage as Pharah.

cool, lemme know if you wanna play together again. I'm going mainly D.va this season cuz it's been working out for me.

xaosslug

hah, git gud with someone else. she's my new main in S2. ;)

23enqEe.gif

Started yesterday hoping to break 2500, never made it. Now at around 2300.

Taking a break from OW for a bit. I think the breaking point was when I was getting flanked as Zenny constantly on Gibraltar defense, and instead of complaining I switched to Pharah when I noticed no one was trying to keep me alive or handle the flankers.

We won handily at that point, after a 3 minute overtime stall, but then half the team in chat went "no healer, wtf? it's a team game guys".

I wanted to tell them off, but realized it wouldn't have mattered. So I uninstalled. Gonna get some time away from OW before the salt consumes me.

We won 6 lost 4.

Do you remember what roles you and her played? I seem to gain less MMR when I support than when I play Tank or DPS. Not sure they really fixed that, yet.

jorma

is now taking requests
Play Zenyatta attacking on Kings Row

Win potg
Win 5 gold medals
Win game pretty much on your own.

Lose the post game vote to Mei because she froze 9 enemies.

Yup it's OW quickplay.

Fuck Mei btw.

Started yesterday hoping to break 2500, never made it. Now at around 2300.

Taking a break from OW for a bit. I think the breaking point was when I was getting flanked as Zenny constantly on Gibraltar defense, and instead of complaining I switched to Pharah when I noticed no one was trying to keep me alive or handle the flankers.

We won handily at that point, after a 3 minute overtime stall, but then half the team in chat went "no healer, wtf? it's a team game guys".

I wanted to tell them off, but realized it wouldn't have mattered. So I uninstalled. Gonna get some time away from OW before the salt consumes me.

Do you remember what roles you and her played? I seem to gain less MMR when I support than when I play Tank or DPS. Not sure they really fixed that, yet.

She played Lucio over 90% of the time. With a little bit of 76 thrown in when healing was already filled up.

I played a mix of Pharah, Roadhog, 76, Zenyatta, Bastion, and Zarya.

I should note that when I play, I'm getting a lot of gold medals. I typically lean towards the top end of my team more often than not. And even on games where I lost, my performance was far from poor.

Oh, also had a great match yesterday with a couple of Gaffers.

We played a comp match on Gibralter. We attacked first, and had 3:31 seconds left. Second team attacked and rolled us pretty hard and had 3:57 seconds left.

Somehow, we used those 3:31 seconds and actually managed to get the payload all the way to the end of Gibralter a second time for a total of 6 points. We stopped the other team before their 5th point during round 4.

But that 3rd round was amazing. We couldn't be stopped.

mellow

is the POTG thing broken again? friend got a 4 kill with his deadeye yet I got POTG for reviving 1 person with Mercy and boosting someone for one kill lol

right now POTG seems to be Mercy 85% of the time

i got potg killing 2 dudes randomly while on point it wouldnt have looked as bad if the kills werent spread apart at the beginning and end of the potg

LiK

POTG is more broken than before. Not even a quad kill from an Ult will guarantee one anymore. It could be just some random kill.

i'm starting to feel bad for Lucios. I see PotGs from Mercy and Zenyatta all the time. Even a Symmetra once in a while. But I can't remember the last time I saw a Lucio PotG.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
POTG is more broken than before. Not even a quad kill from an Ult will guarantee one anymore. It could be just some random kill.

I see a lot of triple rezzes from Mercy getting POTG these days. So boring... Zzzzz

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, some people can be pretty unaware sometimes. Yes, our DVa wasn't great, and yes, she was just standing at the back shooting and not doing a lot, but the DVa player is only lvl 19. Sucks that you got stuck with someone just learning the game but give them a chance to learn? It's quick play anyway.

dont people in this OT take quick play stupidly serious and get mad if someones not playing it 'right'?

LiK

i'm starting to feel bad for Lucios. I see PotGs from Mercy and Zenyatta all the time. Even a Symmetra once in a while. But I can't remember the last time I saw a Lucio PotG.

I saw a few recently in Comp. Mainly from environmental kills. That seems to trigger it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom