• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyborg009

Banned
Different seasons on the northern and southern hemispheres, for one. What difference would it make to name them after the earth seasons rather than numerically?

Nice stats, but remember if you're playing DPS in a normal 2/2/2 comp, you probably should have most/all of the golds for just doing a decent job (better than the other DPS). If you're playing tank, then you definitely wrecked.

It irks me that 80% of the time I have gold DPS and elims as a tank (Zarya, D.Va), which means our DPS is dropping the ball hardcore.

I did 95 % of this as a Reinhardt by the way.

I'm actually trying to stay away from the 2/2/2 setup in the end actually helped my team out more. Also I've had games where I was gold in elims with a healer which means your tanks and DPS players are playing too conversation.

Healing too low, git gud.

I'm trying lol

finalflame

D.Va should have super-high elims, like Symmetra, no? Always laying down suppressive fire in chokes, scratching everyone a bit?
High elims, yes. Highest DPS, probably not unless your DPS is trash. I still get 3-4 golds, including DPS and elims with D.Va in like 90% of my games.

I did 95 % of this as a Reinhardt by the way.

I'm actually trying to stay away from the 2/2/2 setup in the end actually helped my team out more. Also I've had games where I was gold in elims with a healer which means your tanks and DPS players are playing too conversation.

Mad respect on doing it as Rein, he's one of the heroes I've yet to be able to git gud with. But yah, if you're going gold elims/DPS as a healer, your team's DPS sucks.

Greddleok

I really think if it's a group of solo queuers, if someone leaves, it shouldn't count as a loss for the others.

People leaving is getting really old.

NimbusD

D.Va should have super-high elims, like Symmetra, no? Always laying down suppressive fire in chokes, scratching everyone a bit?

Yeah I always have gold w dva. You don't have to reload so you have to reason not to constantly be firing where you think enemies are going to be.

I'm telling you guys don't live and die by 2/2/2. Things change. Supports have become complete flanker fodder and just can't reliably stay alive anymore. I'm constantly waiting for that clutch Mercy rez only to realize she was the first person to die in this fight. I try to never blame Mercy for dying, she is being targeted and we have to protect her. But it's so damn hard to protect them these days. Every time I've said 'We really need a Mercy here, fuck it, i'll do it" I've regretted it immensely.

I'm not talking about professionals, or what would ideally happen. Just what I've experienced. Give me Zen always, but the others? Eh. I'm telling you: 3 DPS, 1 Zarya, 1 Zen and then decide another tank or try for another healer (an Ana works great) and just roll over them before they can respond.

Edit: All console by the way. And DPS is probably the wrong term, I don't mean just offense heroes. Someone like Roadhog could still fill that role. But like a Mercy Lucio comp is just woefully low on damage output which is the new meta.

finalflame

Yeah I always have gold w dva. You don't have to reload so you have to reason not to constantly be firing where you think enemies are going to be.

Yah, but if you're more than a few meters from the target, you're basically doing no damage. Shooting also slows you down, making you more vulnerable. I try to hit a balance between shooting, flying in/to enemies, DM to absorb damage/save at risk teammates, and get finishing strikes/follow low health enemies to kill them off. My goal as D.Va is to stay in my mech, which gets harder and harder as more people play good Zaryas and learn to focus you down ASAP + you get insta-discorded, so you kinda have to be smart about when you slow your movement drastically to shoot, IMO.

ViviOggi

I really think if it's a group of solo queuers, if someone leaves, it shouldn't count as a loss for the others.

People leaving is getting really old.

How many times do you need to see all the morons ganging up on the scapegoat of choice commanding them to leave until you see that this is not an option

It'd just be another excuse to start typing instead of playing the game and would also lead to crazy MMR inflation if implemented as per your proposal

Someone intentionally leaving is no different from them playing like shit on purpose, going faux-afk, troll switching or starting to jump off cliffs every time they respawn. Some people just give up easily and no naive system is going to change that. Just gotta take it like any other loss and move on, in my experience leavers really aren't that common anyway

I won't argue against harsher leaver punishment though.

I'm telling you guys don't live and die by 2/2/2. Things change. Supports have become complete flanker fodder and just can't reliably stay alive anymore. I'm constantly waiting for that clutch Mercy rez only to realize she was the first person to die in this fight. I try to never blame Mercy for dying, she is being targeted and we have to protect her. But it's so damn hard to protect them these days. Every time I've said 'We really need a Mercy here, fuck it, i'll do it" I've regretted it immensely.

I'm not talking about professionals, or what would ideally happen. Just what I've experienced. Give me Zen always, but the others? Eh. I'm telling you: 3 DPS, 1 Zarya, 1 Zen and then decide another tank or try for another healer (an Ana works great) and just roll over them before they can respond.

Edit: All console by the way. And DPS is probably the wrong term, I don't mean just offense heroes. Someone like Roadhog could still fill that role. But like a Mercy Lucio comp is just woefully low on damage output which is the new meta.

I was feeling this before this new patch. Luciatta started losing efficacy pretty quickly on console, it felt like.

Which PSN name are you? There are like 3 people who have different names and I get confused between who Batman or Undignify is on GAF.

Still haven't had a chance to play the new patch or catch up completely. What happened that made Zarya better than she already was? Is Tracer still the shit? Has D.Va's DM change affected her that much?

Ramirez

I was feeling this before this new patch. Luciatta started losing efficacy pretty quickly on console, it felt like.

Which PSN name are you? There are like 3 people who have different names and I get confused between who Batman or Undignify is on GAF.

Still haven't had a chance to play the new patch or catch up completely. What happened that made Zarya better than she already was? Is Tracer still the shit? Has D.Va's DM change affected her that much?

Zarya's beam hitbox is insanely broken, it works at even further distances than before too. Anyone who thinks she's "fine" is being willfully ignorant on the subject. There's a reason all the Genji mains have gravitated to her, she's the new problem.

Dispatch

How did my 40s hell bros fare this time?

I went 8-2, solo queuing the last 7 matches and ended up at 2405. Last season, was the reverse for me, I went 2-8 and got placed at 37, just barely making it back up to 40.

So far, I'm really enjoying Season 2 a lot more. :)

You know, even though I've been losing a lot of my solo queue comp matches, at least they've all been pretty fun/close. Not having dupe heroes and people actually doing the objective is a breath of fresh air after so much QP. Although, I still do like QP for going in and trying heroes I suck with. Good times lately :)

Finally got my huge res. Funnily enough the dude who wiped the team was named Huge and then I res'd...

Having a surprising amount of fun with Mercy provided the team is somewhat competent. I turned off the toggle dash and now controlling it is much more intuitive. Also it's nice being a lock for POTG

X-Frame

Zarya's beam hitbox is insanely broken, it works at even further distances than before too. Anyone who thinks she's "fine" is being willfully ignorant on the subject. There's a reason all the Genji mains have gravitated to her, she's the new problem.

Since when did her beam connect at longer distances? Did Zarya's Primary fire get buffed by the Projective buff or something? Or was it the 60 tick servers? I'm not sure if 60 tick has come to Console yet though.

R0ckman

Need characters to call out that enemies have been weakened if an enemy falls below 25% of their health pool (just a "I've weakened the enemy! Finish them!) Far too many dumbasses in competitive not finishing off enemies that are obviously retreating because they are dying. If I see a enemy running past me backing away I change to focus on them.

xaosslug

as I'm playing through comp it's becoming more and more apparent good Zarya = win, always. I'm trying to get my head around her but I don't trust my Zarya play for comp just yet. My wins and losses are pretty much being decided by which side has a Zarya/the better Zarya.

NERF ZARYA. -_____-

finalflame

PC meta still lives and dies by 2/2/2. Any time we do not have a 2/2/2 setup and the opposing team does, we just can't heal through the opposing team's DPS or DPS them enough to take them down through their heals.

People try to deviate with unique snowflake comps, but it hardly ever works. I always give everything a shot, though. Who knows, maybe the 3rd DPS/tank is REALLY good at that role and will compensate. Never happens.

It has just been my experience that every single time we're not running 2 healers 2 dps 2 tanks and the opposing team is, we get steamrolled into oblivion. At least with poorly organized solo queue PUGs.

xaosslug

she's a fucking nightmare, now. Literally taking Pharah's out of the sky, melting ur mech from across the well on Ilios. smh

Crzy1

God damn comp has been frustrating today, keep getting people purposefully throwing matches and leaving. Just got a win where we dominated as the underdogs... Got 2 points... The fuck is this shit?

I mean a really good Lucio or Mercy can be different but picking a support because it makes the team comp look good is almost always a bad idea. Only really good support players can reliably stay alive (and still do their job) these days.

Ramirez

Since when did her beam connect at longer distances? Did Zarya's Primary fire get buffed by the Projective buff or something? Or was it the 60 tick servers? I'm not sure if 60 tick has come to Console yet though.

I'm not sure what changed, but her beam definitely has a wider effective area on characters, AND is effective at a longer range than before. I have like 50 hours on Zarya, the changes were immediately noticed by me, she's easy as shit to dominate with now.

she's a fucking nightmare, now. Literally taking Pharah's out of the sky, melting ur mech from across the well on Ilios. smh

Yea, it's dumb.

Like a Zarya at 30-40 charge will absolutely melt non tank characters now, with really no chance of fighting back from their end. Add in insane survivability, protection on teammates, and the best offensive ult in the game...and what exactly is her draw back now? Her beam not being a wide ass accurate laser was fine before, why did they feel the need to change it?

Rad-

I haven't noticed an increase in Zarya's beam range but it definitely sticks to targets much better now because of the aim assist change.

Quick play must haves:
At least
2 x Junkrat
1 x Hanzo main
1 x Attack Torbjorn
1 x friendly mei instalocker
0 x support/tank

I mean what is wrong with people?Jukrat,hanzo and torbjorn arent even fun to play

disagree.

no other char lets you shoot at random and build ULT

Speaking of Zarya are you supposed to lead the beam or are you supposed aim at the body directly? I feel like I'm not doing proper damage on moving targets a lot of the time

Satch

Banned
Speaking of Zarya are you supposed to lead the beam or are you supposed aim at the body directly? I feel like I'm not doing proper damage on moving targets a lot of the time
Aim at the body

The damage pulses, so you can briefly swipe your beam across a hero and it wont do any damage because you connected in between the pulses

track your targets with it

R0ckman

I have to make a personal rant, I'm so damn tired of being in pug comps where I'm doing everything right. As soilder I'm rushing in diving behind cover getting kills moving forward, another kill, on the point a bit weak, oh an enemy, dive off to reposition hoping to get some back up, we've got this in the bag, slowly double teamed, then triple teamed, wtf? Look around to see all around me skulls.

Why are these people so terrible?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I mean a really good Lucio or Mercy can be different but picking a support because it makes the team comp look good is almost always a bad idea. Only really good support players can reliably stay alive (and still do their job) these days.

Support is my second most played after tank and personally I would pick Mercy almost every time, she feels really strong to me. I'm usually good at not getting picked off but you do get focused hard by good tracers and stuff.

Lucio is a must for koth still but I'm not feeling so hot on him otherwise lately. Zen is always solid and Ana is great for attack.

One of these times people are going to talk about this bad play a Rein made on their team and i'm going to realize they were talking about me.

Probably more likely to happen with Mercy.

GGs last night, some of those games started incredibly bad, but we didn't get messed up as much as I would think with a 4-6 group.

I was digging the Reinhardt, I think we needed a little more direction on where we go at the start, Reinhardt being behind the healer is not a good way to start off a fight.

The Ana + Reinhardt combo is deadly, she heals tanks like no one's business. We had the better Reinhardt on Eichenwalde, the other team needed to Reinharder.

I personally find this to be true on the PC as well although I prefer a Mercy or a Lucio as a solo healer rather than zen. 2-2-2 main problem in pubs is that it's very organization heavy and trust heavy. For the tanks and supports you have to avoid stacking your spells. If a Zarya and Rheinhart stack blackhole and earth shatter together it's really bad in the same way it's really bad in Mobas if you don't stagger out your CC. It's also really bad if zen and lucio stack sound barrier and trance. Because if the enemy team saves an ult for afterwards it can be a full wipe. More sources of damage is often much safer. This is especially true in comparison to the so called "safe" combo of reaper and mcCree in 2-2-2. Reaper requires a lot of "space" to make use of his skillset. He can't just walk into a blob of people. They have to be distracted by a strong frontline. That requires a McCree who's constantly threatening people with accurate fire, tanks who constantly put pressure with proper positioning, and supports who can manage their spell cooldowns properly to help the reaper dart in and out. One weak link in this machine and the whole thing collapses. One rhein, four damage dealers, and a mercy eats these combos for breakfast all the time for this reason.

finalflame

Directly, aim for the body. I set my sensitivity lower on Zarya than other heroes (3 sensitivity vs. 5-8 for most other heroes) for more accurate tracking, I find it helps.

most annoying thing is the "if i'm trash i'll switch"

spoiler: you're gonna be trash

and yes, he was a bastion on watchpoint

Bro...its NOT GONNA FUCKIN WORK. Like, your bastion actually working literally means the other team gets destroyed so badly they can't get out of spawn. Bastion is that hail marry you use when nothing else is working and you're on your last point to defend.

And WHY do people choose bastion over torb in early rounds anyway? Like, are you going to do more damage than the turret? Can you aim better than the turret? With the turret if it dies you still have a hero with a great secondary fire, the ability to give out armor and the ability to place the turret again.

This nerf Zarya talk is scaring me lol, please don't.
Just got 40 kill streak on Route 66 and ended 57-3 in a solo queue comp match.

zoukka

What the hell is this meta xD

Bastions in every fuckin game, is this the beta?

And WHY do people choose bastion over torb in early rounds anyway? Like, are you going to do more damage than the turret? Can you aim better than the turret? With the turret if it dies you still have a hero with a great secondary fire, the ability to give out armor and the ability to place the turret again.

Just a tip, Torb also sucks hard.

Just a tip, Torb also sucks hard.

He does, but his ability to actually be relevant and dominating is 10x more likely to happen than bastion.

Something like final point of anubis is a good example. There's a turret placement there that is just an absolute bitch to get to for flankers.

Zarya is good but I feel she's come off as a little weak ever since Zen became must play. Unless the team is just getting wtf rekt, I've always got a zen ult in my pocket to just cancel out a grav surge. Just soaks up all that damage no problem.

She's still good, but having no answer to surge was putting her over the top.

He does, but his ability to actually be relevant and dominating is 10x more likely to happen than bastion.

Something like final point of anubis is a good example. There's a turret placement there that is just an absolute bitch to get to for flankers.

I'd say about 60-75% of my solo QP losses from Assault maps can be summarized as "Torbjorn turret tucked away in the back corner of Point B." Always in that spot where it's nearly impossible for a flanker to get to, a sniper can't see unless they're already on the point, and the rest of the team couldn't coordinate enough to deal with. I have nightmares about the back-right corners on Temple of Anubis and Volskaya.

Greddleok

How many times do you need to see all the morons ganging up on the scapegoat of choice commanding them to leave until you see that this is not an option

It'd just be another excuse to start typing instead of playing the game and would also lead to crazy MMR inflation if implemented as per your proposal

Someone intentionally leaving is no different from them playing like shit on purpose, going faux-afk, troll switching or starting to jump off cliffs every time they respawn. Some people just give up easily and no naive system is going to change that. Just gotta take it like any other loss and move on, in my experience leavers really aren't that common anyway

I won't argue against harsher leaver punishment though.

Eh, there's no communication on PS4, and it's very easy to just turn off other people speaking.

I guess there's nothing you can do, but punishments don't help if someone leaves for personal issues. I've had 2 people leave during winning games.

X-Frame

Zarya is good but I feel she's come off as a little weak ever since Zen became must play. Unless the team is just getting wtf rekt, I've always got a zen ult in my pocket to just cancel out a grav surge. Just soaks up all that damage no problem.

She's still good, but having no answer to surge was putting her over the top.

This is why I always make sure not to throw Graviton down until I've see the enemy Zen pop Transcendence and/or be dead. Same with Mercy and Rez. Lucio not so much since a deadly Graviton combo can still do serious work against his.

Then what usually happens is the other Zarya uses her Graviton and now everyone is trapped, haha.

What the hell is this meta xD

Bastions in every fuckin game, is this the beta?

The Discord nerf means Tanks are harder to kill.
The Genji nerf means fewer Genjis, which means characters that Genji counters very well are starting to pop up.

Fewer Genji's mean more Bastions, and because of the Discord nerf, Bastion is a decent option to take out an enemy tank.

Bastion is great for kills, but terrible at pushing. I've played a few games with him and I notice I'll get 2 kills, but my teammates are still too afraid to push and I pretty much can't, so it ends up being all for nothing.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Hehe

2016-09-0620_20_36-grr1aic.png

Agreed. She's super strong now. Hard to take down too if they are bubbling correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom