• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekim

GG Jellie, good win streak. We did some work.

Yup. Duo queue has worked out well for me so far.
nxwcQyd.png

Both streaks were from duo with a gaffer.
Though my Zarya was weak today.

Yeah I wasn't sure if that was the case or they weren't ready to implement it until a month in last season.

Also meta report
https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2016-...r-list-and-meta-report-season-2-meta-boogaloo

Are you guys playing on PC/EU? :eek:

scoobs

Just got 53 elims in my last comp. match w/ Tracer on defense. I can't help myself, I must play her always.

Team was mad at me for picking at first, not so much when we won easily

Have many of you console players been trying out or seeing Pharah in your matches? I'd just like to know where her current strength is at, I played her a little bit in the brawl post aim-assist fix and she still seemed great but at the same time the skill required by a McCree or soldier in order to hit her is a lot lower now. My guess is she's a situational pick?

I am sick to fucking death of losing games through overtime.

Held a team from getting the first point in Dorado. They sneak a Tracer near it. OVERTIME. We get wiped out. Here you go useless attacking team; Have two and a half minutes to get to that next point. Which you will do with ease, you'll be half way there before the opposition has even spawned.

If you capture a point in overtime, you should get, at most, 1 minute to get the next point.

Jellie

Have many of you console players been trying out or seeing Pharah in your matches? I'd just like to know where her current strength is at, I played her a little bit in the brawl post aim-assist fix and she still seemed great but at the same time the skill required by a McCree or soldier in order to hit her is a lot lower now. My guess is she's a situational pick?
If you see no mccree or soldiers go for it. Had a few games where I'm tanking and our DPS is like reaper tracer and they do nothing to stop her. Or pick I'm maps with lots of verticality.

Lost two games in a row against a 5 man of 80s and one was master already.

LiK

What are your gamer tags? If you don't mind having a third. If I'm not busy destroying people with Zarya, I also do a mean tracer and I'm not to bad with Lucio or zenyatta :)

in my GAF profile. i don't mind more supports.

You gain so little for winning, but lose so much for losing.

yea, they need to fix this shit. losing sucks and winning doesn't seem that great with so little SR earned.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
You gain so little for winning, but lose so much for losing.

Its almost like 3 Wins = 1 Loss

You best believe, 1 loss craters you and 1 win covers like 30% back, almost feels like the game forces you to get fucked

I think SR is borked

I love using her as always, but I'm dying a bit more than usual (competitive tab). Last season I was always between 5-6 K/D ratio.

I think she's really strong in some maps, but if there is a Ana/McCree/Soldier/Zenyatta you have to be extra careful. Thankfully you don't really see widowmakers anymore, because even on PS4 she was by far the hardest counter.

Had an incredible match using her on Dorado a few days ago.

1Pkd9JV.png

They started changing their roster to Pharah/Winston/Soldier/McCree but just couldn't anything. Felt good.

Jellie

as Zarya?

also, where you located? i'll figure out a good time to try and play with you since we had a good streak.
Yeah. The genji finished them off each time.
I'm in the UK. Play during the day until October when I'll start my masters so can't play much then.

First competitive game s2, is a random 6 vs two groups of 3, ends in a draw.
Which i assume gives us no benefits, for atleast managing to do that with these odds... Dont see myself giving competitive overwatch another chance, cause even more bizarre design decisions.

ekim

Just read up on the new meta report and the NiP 3Tank/3Support sounds like it could easily be countered by a Widow who takes out Ana or a more prominent Defense Hero Lineup.

Azoor

I honestly think Reaper is not the ideal DPS character in a map as open as Hollywood. It's one of the most open maps and he is an easy target there.

Prelude.

Does anyone notice that Nihon Genji's sword has some kind of glitch in the Warrior Salute highlight? You can also see it in the Unsheathing the Sword one too. It's some wierd after affect that doesn't appear on the other costumes.
Yeah, he has like a double blade.

LiK

I honestly think Reaper is not the ideal DPS character in a map as open as Hollywood. It's one of the most open maps and he is an easy target there.

i think he' good there. you just need to be more sneaky and his Ult can turn the tide.

Just as a heads up, I have full power/internet again. I will probably need to run through a couple of QP matches to get a feel for the changes before I consider touching Comp.

Azoor

i think he' good there. you just need to be more sneaky and his Ult can turn the tide.

I agree, Reaper is at his best when he takes people by surprise and blast them to smithereens. But sneaking is harder to do in maps like Hollywood and Route 66 compared to a less open map like Lijang or King's Row.

Rad-

I think she's in a good balanced spot atm on consoles. McCree and Soldier (+Zen orb) can indeed counter her well but she's still great when the enemy team doesn't have those. Just yesterday I faced a team without either of those two dps and then I switched to Pharah and got 31 kill streak after that. And I'm not even good with her.

I love using her as always, but I'm dying a bit more than usual (competitive tab). Last season I was always between 5-6 K/D ratio.

I think she's really strong in some maps, but if there is a Ana/McCree/Soldier/Zenyatta you have to be extra careful. Thankfully you don't really see widowmakers anymore, because even on PS4 she was by far the hardest counter.

Had an incredible match using her on Dorado a few days ago.

They started changing their roster to Pharah/Winston/Soldier/McCree but just couldn't anything. Felt good.

Are you playing tonight? If so let's play together again.

I feel the biggest difference between carrying in Overwatch and carrying in other team shooters I have played is that to carry in OW you need to do more than just perform well as an individual player. In fact, that isn't even the main requirement. To truly carry a game, you need to be aware of what your team needs, what it lacks, and accept the limits of your team's skill level, and consider how to best overcome the enemy team using what you have.

You could be the best Genji in the world, you could be a ultimate hitscan hero when it comes to accuracy, you could be death cancer Mei incarnate, but sometimes that doesn't help your team enough to win because they don't understand how to take advantage of it. If the team understands how to take advantage of that, the conversation wouldn't be about clutching. So instead of thinking in terms of "why can't I use my awesome obviously superior skill playing this character to carry my team to victory by sheer force of will alone", why not think in terms of "we may be losing, this team isn't too great, but if I suggested a few changes, changed into a lead tank or support instead, and if they listen, we can turn this whole thing around". Because that in my experience has a higher than 50% chance of succeeding every time. Of course they have to want to listen. If you are stuck with a team of deadbeats who don't care to work together, you're fucked and you can't do anything, but that's not a game design problem, that's a community problem.

This is an amazing post duckroll, sums up my thoughts perfectly.

Trying to narrow down my ultimate peeve of poor teammate situations and I think I've got it.
Obliviousness and a lack of environmental awareness.
When your teammates basically let attackers through to take you out when playing support there's nothing that gets my goat more, it's almost like a "not my problem" situation when they notice the annoying Genji or Tracer doesn't have their sights set on them so they just ignore it.

Also extends to never noticing enemy flankers even after multiple assaults or taking alternative routes themselves when the front door is obviously not working.

LiK

i feel like some people who play Comp aren't even playing with game audio on. Maybe they're listening to music or watching TV. but soemtimes they don't seem to be aware of the callouts by the game. i wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

I will, in about ~7 hours or so, 9PM where I live.

Hopefully someone else joins too, looking at the past games 4 randoms is still way too much of a gamble lol.

i can join if you need one.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
yea, they need to fix this shit. losing sucks and winning doesn't seem that great with so little SR earned.
Its almost like 3 Wins = 1 Loss

You best believe, 1 loss craters you and 1 win covers like 30% back, almost feels like the game forces you to get fucked

I think SR is borked
Yeah I feel like I'm earning way less than I did with the old system and am getting punished way more, it's really killing my drive to play this season through.
Thanks! My team kept me alive, that's all I ask. I'll have to remember to add you to my friends list later.

(Also can't remember if you were in that all Mei match we had but SO MANY ICE WALLS).
Yep, got to experience that. lol

maomaoIYP

Depends if the hit scan heroes on the opposite team actually try to shoot you. If you're the first thing they attack, you're toast.

That's weird. I don't think it ever shows you online in my Overwatch social page.

Yeah, that social page is jacked.

Lik in particular only shows up occasional for me, as well.

X-Frame, too. I'll see that he's on my friends list and online, but not that he's playing Overwatch. Then, we're playing against each other randomly and I'm like ???

LiK

yea, i dunno what's up with the Social page. apparently i sometimes show up for some people. not sure what causes it.
i'm Sombra

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If I meet another team that's fucking afraid of getting into a team fight for whatever reason on bloody king of the hill I will choke the next panda I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom