• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
i'm starting to feel bad for Lucios. I see PotGs from Mercy and Zenyatta all the time. Even a Symmetra once in a while. But I can't remember the last time I saw a Lucio PotG.

He really can only get them with enviromental kills, lol.

I think I've had two lifetime potgs as lucio on a non-koth map and they were usually attack blowouts that were just me ulting while shooting/amping heals.

Ana gets shafted hard too, of course. She suffers in the same way roadhog does, hooking and sleeping ults doesn't 'count' as a shutdown which helps boost someone for the play to show.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mercy easily has the worst POTG bias since forever. Even if you rez everyone and Reaper ults and kills them all again, Mercy will get it over Reaper

Mercy POTG are the shit people should have been salty about, not Bastion or Torbjorn POTGs

I like Numbani. I think the visuals and sound are great, and I'm sure it's all in my head, but I feel like the spawn rooms are much closer to the action than in some other maps.

He really can only get them with enviromental kills, lol.

I think I've had two lifetime potgs as lucio on a non-koth map and they were usually attack blowouts that were just me ulting while shooting/amping heals.

Ana gets shafted hard too, of course. She suffers in the same way roadhog does, hooking and sleeping ults doesn't 'count' as a shutdown which helps boost someone for the play to show.

I've gotten Lifesaver PotGs a few times as Roadhog. Almost every time it's from Hooking a Rein than has a teammate pinned mid shoulder charge.

Owzers

Mercy easily has the worst POTG bias since forever. Even if you rez everyone and Reaper ults and kills them all again, Mercy will get it over Reaper

Mercy POTG are the shit people should have been salty about, not Bastion or Torbjorn POTGs
If there's one class that gets too much credit, it's support?

I like the new bias, might play mercy more.

zoukka

Heh if my first two placement matches are indicators of the rest, I will delete this game.

4 gold and career best in second match, while my team picks symmetras and pharas in point B defence...

rip

Auctopus

I like Numbani. I think the visuals and sound are great, and I'm sure it's all in my head, but I feel like the spawn rooms are much closer to the action than in some other maps.

Totally agree. I love when the loading screen music kicks in too. The payload section is one of my favourite maps, the first segment is okay but it's a little too right-angely.

LiK

Ana should automatically get POTG from Nanoboosting and the target gets triple or quad kills. Maybe that'll make shitty Ana players use her Ult more instead of saving it for god knows what reasons.

Papercuts

I've gotten Lifesaver PotGs a few times as Roadhog. Almost every time it's from Hooking a Rein than has a teammate pinned mid shoulder charge.

Yeah, lifesaver seems to trigger properly there. He mainly seems to get it by that or enviromental whole hog kills, or a wombo with zarya where he gets to actually put out a ton of damage.

That's bloody incredible!
edit: Are you having problems playing Pharah when there are good hitscan players on the other team? I suppose you swap out?

The only time I switched because I felt like I had to was when the enemy team had 2 of the 3 from McCree, 76, Hanzo. I can deal with any of those guys alone, but when there are two of them around, the focus fire becomes too much. Note, I play on console.

Heh if my first two placement matches are indicators of the rest, I will delete this game.

4 gold and career best in second match, while my team picks symmetras and pharas in point B defence...

rip

Whats wrong with a Pharah on Point B defense? She's great for anti, Rein and Zarya if she's played right.

I love landing a concussive blast right behind a Rein so he gets launched into the point way too early and becomes focus fire fodder while the rest of the enemy team gets scrambled and pressured into pushing before they were ready.

Granted, she works a lot better on Hanamura and Anubis where you can knock them into that lower area where they have to walk all the way around to rejoin the fight.

Moonkeis

Ana should automatically get POTG from Nanoboosting and the target gets triple or quad kills. Maybe that'll make shitty Ana players use her Ult more instead of saving it for god knows what reasons.

I na-na boost all day long, it's so easy to build up. :D

Prelude.

Did all my placements in a row yesterday and it went ok.
11f2rbz.jpg

12k0qe9.jpg

7-3 is pretty good, but 2 of the 3 losses were absolute shitshows with people barely above 25 playing really poorly, and the last loss had a toxic player, so they could have gone a lot better considering those 2 matches where we weren't able to do literally anyhing.
Compared to the s1 placements it's definitely an improvement since I placed lv40 and this time I had no leavers.

How did my 40s hell bros fare this time?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Do you call your ult though? Sometimes I don't really know if you want to use your ult to boost you for.

Though if there's a rein I throw it on like crazy.

So many bad Zenyattas plz dont instalock my strongest character then switch half way.

Also had a game today where we completely rolled the other team on Lijang tower. Our lucio turned his mic on just to sing our praises which was nice.

LiK

Do you call your ult though? Sometimes I don't really know if you want to use your ult to boost you for.

Though if there's a rein I throw it on like crazy.

I was playing with some Gaffers and we always call our Ults if there's a Zarya or Ana around. But hell, this stupid Ana random did jack more than once. It's like they wanna save it for the perfect moment.

I was playing with some Gaffers and we always call our Ults if there's a Zarya or Ana around. But hell, this stupid Ana random did jack more than once. It's like they wanna save it for the perfect moment.

A lot of Ana's don't understand how to really works. They think the Ult has to be coupled with certain characters for maximum synergy. Mainly, an Ulting Genji or a Rein.

I hate that when I play Roadhog, I notice I get nano'd a lot from Ana's and it's always terrible. I have a slow as shit gun that only really works well when I can hook something. Plus, reloading takes half the buff duration. So it's typically worthless.

When I play Ana, some of my favorite Nano targets are Reaper, Mei, Ulting 76, Bastion, and Winston.

I love Nano'ing a Winston, but I aboslutely hate it when a Nano'd Winston pops his ult. Since his Ult isn't really made to do damage. I'd much rather have that Tesla canon hit multiple targets for 150% damage than you punch someone to the other side of the map and they live and run away.

Antiwhippy

Oh yeah, no point really, because she builds it up so fast.

When I play Ana, some of my favorite Nano targets are Reaper, Mei, Ulting 76, Bastion, and Winston.

Mei?

When ana boosts me I feel like I don't know what to do haha.

I mean the icicle does ok damage but not that much damage.

duckroll

Games today did not go well. I seem to be alternating between good days and bad days now. At least I was playing with a group today who wasn't salty at all, so it made the losses easy to swallow. When no one complains or whines after a loss, the game is so much more fun. It was a bad omen from the start though, one KotH loss after another with really close games. Stressful.

Oh yeah, no point really, because she builds it up so fast.

Mei?

When ana boosts me I feel like I don't know what to do haha.

I mean the icicle does ok damage but not that much damage.

The freeze hits faster and harder, so she can 1HKO a frozen target with much higher health pools.

LiK

A lot of Ana's don't understand how to really works. They think the Ult has to be coupled with certain characters for maximum synergy. Mainly, an Ulting Genji or a Rein.

I hate that when I play Roadhog, I notice I get nano'd a lot from Ana's and it's always terrible. I have a slow as shit gun that only really works well when I can hook something. Plus, reloading takes half the buff duration. So it's typically worthless.

I love Nano'ing a Winston, but I aboslutely hate it when a Nano'd Winston pops his ult. Since his Ult isn't really made to do damage. I'd much rather have that Tesla canon hit multiple targets for 150% damage than you punch someone to the other side of the map and they live and run away.

Hehe, maybe they're thinking Roadhog is a tank so it should go well! Altho I think it only works well if you're Ulting, right?

Antiwhippy

The freeze hits faster and harder, so she can 1HKO a frozen target with much higher health pools.

But it kinda runs into the same probkem as roadhog though, the time to kill for her is about as slow if freeze>icicle is the goal.

I dunno, i might need to give it a try next time. I just tend to panic icicle everything haha.

Antiwhippy

Btw my favorite combo as zen against tracer now is discord orb orb kick.

The kick is just there because it feels good to kick tracer in the face.

R0ckman

I honestly think having rewards only be player icons (which you see more often) would clear some of these morons out of competetive. Make another carrot stick mode to funnel these toons into for skins.

Papercuts

But it kinda runs into the same probkem as roadhog though, the time to kill for her is about as slow if freeze>icicle is the goal.

I dunno, i might need to give it a try next time. I just tend to panic icicle everything haha.

Nano roadhog is mostly held back by the longass reload, plus his hook is kinda eh since it sets up one shot kills anyway. Mei benefits more from the speed boost other people can finish off frozen targets if she runs around and focuses more on that.

Pilgrimzero

Playing a rank competitive match. We need one good push.

Mention we need a Reinhart. Junkrat player switches. Cool. Everyone we need to get behind Rein and push.

Everyone goes in opposite directions and Rein charges in and starts swinging his hammer.

The push fails.

SIGH

I went like 6-3-1 and ended up at 2450, was desperate to break into platinum but am now at 2300. Not sure if I'm gonna make it back up so I'm taking a week or two off.

Good stuff though!

As for that meta report, there's not nearly enough Winston usage in Ranked play. Especially on KotH. He's so good.

R0ckman

Mention we need a Reinhart. Junkrat player switches. Cool. Everyone we need to get behind Rein and push.

Everyone goes in opposite directions and Rein charges in and starts swinging his hammer.

The push fails.

SIGH

Yep just because they listen doesnt mean they know how to use the character. But sometimes berserk rein works if the team is dumb enough not to punish and focus him.

LiK

dammit, i have the itch to play more OW. the last two days have been mainly win streaks for me so i gotta strike while the iron is hot.

Owzers

The push fails.

SIGH

Get behind me!

Goodbye!

Jellie

Lose 50 points for a loss against a triple/quad stack with a master in and gain 20 points for a win.
Went 5-6 but basically undone the 5 win streak I went on with Lik earlier today.

Owzers

One of these times people are going to talk about this bad play a Rein made on their team and i'm going to realize they were talking about me.

Probably more likely to happen with Mercy.

finalflame

Why dont they split the seasons based on earth seasons and not numbers?

Different seasons on the northern and southern hemispheres, for one. What difference would it make to name them after the earth seasons rather than numerically?

My back hurts from carrying this team lol.

Crpc7s8UkAAcLXA.jpg

Nice stats, but remember if you're playing DPS in a normal 2/2/2 comp, you probably should have most/all of the golds for just doing a decent job (better than the other DPS). If you're playing tank, then you definitely wrecked.

It irks me that 80% of the time I have gold DPS and elims as a tank (Zarya, D.Va), which means our DPS is dropping the ball hardcore.

hydruxo

Placed at 2735 last night and then lost a game right before we got off and dropped to 2688. My goal is to hit Diamond before the season ends but with the amount of points you get/lose I don't know if I'll get it. I get the feeling it's going to be a constant back and forth which is frustrating.

Raxanas

Neo Member
Quick play must haves:
At least
2 x Junkrat
1 x Hanzo main
1 x Attack Torbjorn
1 x friendly mei instalocker
0 x support/tank

I mean what is wrong with people?Jukrat,hanzo and torbjorn arent even fun to play

NimbusD

Did all my placements in a row yesterday and it went ok.

7-3 is pretty good, but 2 of the 3 losses were absolute shitshows with people barely above 25 playing really poorly, and the last loss had a toxic player, so they could have gone a lot better considering those 2 matches where we weren't able to do literally anyhing.
Compared to the s1 placements it's definitely an improvement since I placed lv40 and this time I had no leavers.

Try 30's hell :p I placed mid gold and just reached plat yesterday (thendropped a bit under plat status, but the way games are going I have confidence I'll make it to at least mid plat tier as the norm).

Last season was such a shit show for me. It's crazy how much more fun this game is when you have competent, less toxic teams, even if you lose.

Chance

Different seasons on the northern and southern hemispheres, for one. What difference would it make to name them after the earth seasons rather than numerically?

Nice stats, but remember if you're playing DPS in a normal 2/2/2 comp, you probably should have most/all of the golds for just doing a decent job (better than the other DPS). If you're playing tank, then you definitely wrecked.

It irks me that 80% of the time I have gold DPS and elims as a tank (Zarya, D.Va), which means our DPS is dropping the ball hardcore.

D.Va should have super-high elims, like Symmetra, no? Always laying down suppressive fire in chokes, scratching everyone a bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom