• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxanas

Neo Member
Any friendly guys wanna mess with in QP and have some fun?Pm me your battletags (EU)
I am kinda low lvl but i play ok i think :D

X-Frame

My only wish for S2 Competitive is Team Chat Auto-Join for everyone, even if someone is in Group Chat.

Way too many times we've been unable to talk to a group and it clearly costs is the game.

Team Chat needs to be Opt-Out, I don't buy Blizzard's explanation that it's jarring to go back and forth -- that's BS IMO and a poor excuse.

It doesn't happen often, but damn does it annoy me to get shot out of the air while I'm way up above a reaper as Pharah.

I've had a few cases where I thought I'd put more than enough distance between me and a Reaper and he manages to kill me through chip damage. I think a steeper drop off would be good for Reaper since he already is pretty powerful at melting enemies close up.

Ellite25

I had a really good stretch and got my ranking up to 44. Now my teams can't seem to win a game and I'm down to 39 :(

I've also had a bunch of games we're team mates dropped out early on. I wish we didn't get knocked down so far after those matches.

Reaper does basically nothing from 15m or so out. What you want is for him to do exactly nothing. From that distance you're worse off getting shot by Mercy.

xaosslug

Torbjorn players have this weird refusal to change.

because, once they're able to set up their turret Molten Core will turn the tide!!!!

see, their ult is charged and feel like it's a waste to change before using it, but they can't seem to get a turret up, but once they get it up the enemy team's done...DEFEAT T__T

Defuser

I beginning to realise D.Va as tank despite the buffs is still terrible when going against other tanks. Her defense matrix has a weakness, she can still take in damage at point blank if you went up to her face to face.

Zarya melts through her.
Roadhogg can beat her with the hook and point blank shot.
Reinhardt can charge and melee her.

cyborg009

Banned
I need more OW PC friends! Most of the people I play with on PC are west coast and play a bit on the late side for me. Anyone around the 50s or higher on PC and interested in grouping for comp? I'm also up for messing around or practicing in quick play. I use mic and can fill any role but currently focusing on Genji, Mcree, Zarya, D.va, and Zenyatta.

I started this season a little late but have put in around 40 hours or so with over 100 in quick play. I'm planning to play a lot more in season 2 and in general.

Post your battle tag if interested. Thanks!

Cyborg009#1895

and use the google docs.

Humanic

Neo Member
...how? With it on she has as much health as roadhog. Using it on other teammates effectively requires considerable coordination and judgment. Outside of the shield she has no other abilities.

She a strong character in the right hands, but there is no way she's overpowered.

She's OP because the right player can carry the team in a way no other class can (other than Genji of course). Her survivability is too high and does too much damage when charged. Either reduce the life she can regenerate (something I still don't understand why she has) or reduce the charging time for her energy.

Heel

Saved up 12 loot boxes for mass satisfaction/disappointment.

https://youtu.be/kERdkSuIoMA

UYg9Z3t.gif

xaosslug

She's OP because the right player can carry the team in a way no other class can (other than Genji of course). Her survivability is too high and does too much damage when charged. Either reduce the life she can regenerate (something I still don't understand why she has) or reduce the charging time for her energy.

but in the right hands any character can be a huge problem... that doesn't mean they are OP. Zarya at her base level/without charge can be killed by any character in the game easily, and amateurs cannot run her like say Torb or Widow pre-nerf, and rack up hella kills.

Trey

nah she's in a great place right now.

duckroll

Play a few stupid ass games today on QP. Feel dirty. Won a Numabi attack with 3 Genjis while playing an attack Sym. Lost a Route 66 attack with 6 Junkrats. Died on point in Lijiang as Dva out of her mech because I just had to try out the out-of-mech Emote I realize I never tried before.

exYle

I wonder if an effective nerf for Zen's discord would be limiting its use. Make it so that discord cannot be placed on a new target until the previous discord has been used - either the target is dead or has disappeared from LOS for 3 seconds. This way Zen keeps his utility as half-healer half-DPS, but he isn't wrecking whole teams at a whim.

Defuser

Play a few stupid ass games today on QP. Feel dirty. Won a Numabi attack with 3 Genjis while playing an attack Sym. Lost a Route 66 attack with 6 Junkrats. Died on point in Lijiang as Dva out of her mech because I just had to try out the out-of-mech Emote I realize I never tried before.
Dont forget the Anubis rushdown.

nubbe

Do the out of meach emote after you do an ultimate
great fun if you POTG

Davidion

I don't really see this anywhere; like I said, she has to constantly keep her energy up AND coordinate well with her team to achieve any kind of meaningful results.

She synergizes well but she's borderline dead weight without good, solid team play. This is true for so many characters.

I need more OW PC friends! Most of the people I play with on PC are west coast and play a bit on the late side for me. Anyone around the 50s or higher on PC and interested in grouping for comp? I'm also up for messing around or practicing in quick play. I use mic and can fill any role but currently focusing on Genji, Mcree, Zarya, D.va, and Zenyatta.

I started this season a little late but have put in around 40 hours or so with over 100 in quick play. I'm planning to play a lot more in season 2 and in general.

Davidion#1228. My comp rank is way low, but QP is where I invest all my time anyhow. Can't use a mic but always good to coordinate in other ways and follow call outs.

Opened another 13 boxes, still no Eidgenossin Mercy.
n0nZ62N.gif

That's a shame; it's such a nice outfit

Feels even nicer wearing it. ;p

KLoWn

So I just did my placement matches and I'm a bit curious what determines what rank you get? The wins as a team or individual performance?

Also, I heard you get 300 points if you reach rank 65, I got rank 60, does that mean I get some extra points too? Or is it 65 or nothing?

So I just did my placement matches and I'm a bit curious what determines what rank you get? The wins as a team or individual performance?

Also, I heard you get 300 points if you reach rank 65, I got rank 60, does that mean I get some extra points too? Or is it 65 or nothing?

Both but wins and win streaks are the most important. You will get 200 bonus CP for rank 60.

My only wish for S2 Competitive is Team Chat Auto-Join for everyone, even if someone is in Group Chat.

Way too many times we've been unable to talk to a group and it clearly costs is the game.

Team Chat needs to be Opt-Out, I don't buy Blizzard's explanation that it's jarring to go back and forth -- that's BS IMO and a poor excuse.

I'm all for this.

I'd also like to see KOTH go back to best 2 out of 3. Not sure why they did 3/5 but it's a drag to land on one of those maps in comp.

xaosslug

60 gets 200, I think.

Xero

Fenrirw0lf #1642 high 40s but i used to be 54 😣

lucio, ana and zenyatta is some extreme low-IQ shit, the meta in this patch is [ b r o k e n ]
How the hell is Ana broken and take low IQ to use? Also, someone with low IQ wouldn't be able to use Lucio or Zen because they wouldn't know good ult times, have good aim, etc.

That is the weirdest complaint I have ever heard. I sense a little salt.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
How the hell is Ana broken and take low IQ to use? Also, someone with low IQ wouldn't be able to use Lucio or Zen because they wouldn't know good ult times, have good aim, etc.

That is the weirdest complaint I have ever heard. I sense a little salt.

lucio and zen -- hit Q prevent all enemy plays

ana - press Q on reinhardt, get team kills

not to mention, between any two of them they make your team effectively unkillable

Is there a point in comp where you are expected to be matched against people higher than you?

3rd game in a row where the closest person to me is 5 ranks higher.

duckroll

lucio and zen -- hit Q prevent all enemy plays

ana - press Q on reinhardt, get team kills

not to mention, between any two of them they make your team effectively unkillable

If you think it is really that simple, it sounds like you are either a terrible player or don't appreciate the skill required in a good lucio, zen, and ana. That's the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom