• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
If you think it is really that simple, it sounds like you are either a terrible player or don't appreciate the skill required in a good lucio, zen, and ana. That's the fact.

i mean of course i'm boiling it down to bare essentials, but they're still fucking daft at the moment.

lucio and zen -- hit Q prevent all enemy plays

ana - press Q on reinhardt, get team kills

not to mention, between any two of them they make your team effectively unkillable
This is a terrible way to look at it. Lucio is about switching between healing and speed and booping people at the right times to mess with their formation.

Ana is about switching between healing and damage and putting ults to sleep and switching between healing with grenade or stopping healing.

There's a lot more to it then just "press Q to win". You're not gonna have a lot of success in this game if that's the way you look at it.

Also, "unkillable" is 200% untrue. It's called....killing the support. Duh.

RemiLP

Is there a point in comp where you are expected to be matched against people higher than you?

3rd game in a row where the closest person to me is 5 ranks higher.

Are you on a big win streak? I think they put you against better oponents to find your level faster if your on a big win streak. I dont know though, but from my experience it seems like it atleast.

xaosslug

lucio and zen -- hit Q prevent all enemy plays

ana - press Q on reinhardt, get team kills

not to mention, between any two of them they make your team effectively unkillable
If you think it is really that simple, it sounds like you are either a terrible player or don't appreciate the skill required in a good lucio, zen, and ana. That's the fact.

typical Yoncé stan.
xEPAvEy.png

Veelk

Banned
Holy fucking SHIT the 40's are awful. I keep seeing inept strategies win out because our team is playing an even more inept strategy. No one communicates. Toxicity is even higher.

I have no idea how the fuck this happened. I was a consistently mid 50's player since launch, then this last week decided it wanted to kick me in the dick with a steel toed boot again and again, and now I'm in utter fucking hell.

I might just take a break from the game now. It's just pure misery and no fun whatsoever.

Holy fucking SHIT the 40's are awful. I keep seeing inept strategies win out because our team is playing an even more inept strategy. No one communicates. Toxicity is even higher.

I have no idea how the fuck this happened. I was a consistently mid 50's player since launch, then this last week decided it wanted to kick me in the dick with a steel toed boot again and again, and now I'm in utter fucking hell.
The seasons almost over. If I were you I'd just take a break from ranked and wait for season 2 which will be MUCH better because of no sudden death and I would hope consoles would have 60 tick by then, plus whatever balances come our way.

Blues1990

How do you counter genji when winston gets killed so fast by everyone else

Both Zarya and McCree are great alternative counters to Genji. While Genji can deflect Flashbang, this can be avoided by aiming it at the ground. The explosion AoE will still stun him and make him an easy target. For Zarya, the primary fire on her Particle Cannon can make a very short work of him, provided she has a high enough charge.

The seasons almost over. If I were you I'd just take a break from ranked and wait for season 2 which will be MUCH better because of no sudden death and I would hope consoles would have 60 tick by then, plus whatever balances come our way.
No sudden death in season 2? What if it's a tie? Do they give the team with more time left over the win? And what if both teams have the same time left over?

No sudden death in season 2? What if it's a tie? Do they give the team with more time left over the win? And what if both teams have the same time left over?
They haven't said, all they've said is that the current system is gone and they will be coming up with something that is hopefully better.

They haven't said, all they've said is that the current system is gone and they will be coming up with something that is hopefully better.
Awesome, hopefully the changes keep the game time down. Played three comp games last night that lasted almost an hour and a half, ridiculously long.

Mutombo

Both Zarya and McCree are great alternative counters to Genji. While Genji can deflect Flashbang, this can be avoided by aiming it at the ground. The explosion AoE will still stun him and make him an easy target. For Zarya, the primary fire on her Particle Cannon can make a very short work of him, provided she has a high enough charge.

also, winston. And symmetra.

Anne

How do you counter genji when winston gets killed so fast by everyone else

By not fucking up and getting caught out and holding a Zen ult or some shit for sword :p

everybody looking for a counter instead of learning how to play around it.

Blues1990

also, winston. And symmetra.

I'd argue with Symmetra, as a smart Genji player wouldn't go to small, confined areas that would have her turrets under lock-down. More often than not, a good Genji player will go and take her out from afar than to go in close-quarters. At least, that's what I have seen in most matches when someone plays Symmetra and Genji.

Veelk

Banned

Man, I don't even care about Sudden Death. Both teams have to score to get to that point. I'm just tired of being placed in games where I feel helpless, where my team picks the shittiest, most unworkable team comps.

I'm not a great player and I don't pretend to be, but I just see game after game being thrown because of stupid shit. For the record, I don't like it when I win because the other team is making suicidal stupid mistakes either. Less than when my team is making them, but still.

And I wouldn't give a shit if the game didn't keep kicking me while I'm down by lowering my rank every time a game goes wrong.

Like right now. Apparently, some dickhole is convinced that Bastion is simply the best pick EVER for KotH, no matter how many times he keeps dying. We don't have lucio or Zenyatta, the other team have both, and no one is listening. What in the everloving fuck can I possibly do about a game like this?

X-Frame

Lost a game against a team with 3 Top 500's in a group. We averaged like 67 to their 71.

The game was close. We both got 2 points on Hanamura but we couldn't get B while they did.

I lost 1 inch of SR, haha. I'm rank 64.

Nimby

Banned
I'd argue with Symmetra, as a smart Genji player wouldn't go to small, confined areas that would have her turrets under lock-down. More often than not, a good Genji player will go and take her out from afar than to go in close-quarters. At least, that's what I have seen in most matches when someone plays Symmetra and Genji.

Genji is a hard target to lock onto, and he will just dash away. Symmetra and Mei are only really counters to Genji if he doesn't have his dash.

Anne

No, really, if you do wanna beat Genji go read this

Also understand how to play the counter. A lot of people just think "Oh, I pick Winston and zap Genji and jump around to follow him." Which doesn't work exactly like that. Winston just gets to jump on Genji wherever he is and stop him from murdering teammates. Your team has to play around having Winston too. It's a big decision and requires good teamwork and plays to go for counters like that.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
hey, it worked once ok!
Haha true that, I had a team mate politely ask if a Torn on attack could switch off last night, it was met with hostility.
because, once they're able to set up their turret Molten Core will turn the tide!!!!

see, their ult is charged and feel like it's a waste to change before using it, but they can't seem to get a turret up, but once they get it up the enemy team's done...DEFEAT T__T
"I main Torb"

Sure you do, you definitely got this rank with that Torb, uh huh.
That's a shame; it's such a nice outfit

Feels even nicer wearing it. ;p
I got a second or third dupe of that one just an hour or so ago. <_<
n0nZ62N.gif

patchday

do we know what the season rewards are? I am thinking I should hurry up and do placements at least just incase. I really do hate playing with randoms though (I vastly prefer Hearthstone for serious ranked play since I can solo). Love OW for casual

Anyway... I fear ranked might make me hate this game so I was wondering would season awards be worth the pain and suffering with randoms.... I'm even worried bout golden guns are they giving us some kinda award for competitive at end of Season 1????

Prelude.

do we know what the season rewards are? I am thinking I should hurry up and do placements at least just incase. I really do hate playing with randoms though (I vastly prefer Hearthstone for serious ranked play since I can solo). Love OW for casual

Anyway... I fear ranked might make me hate this game so I was wondering would season awards be worth the pain and suffering with randoms.... I'm even worried bout golden guns are they giving us some kinda award for competitive at end of Season 1????

A spray, an animated spray if you're top 500, and points based on your season high that can buy golden weapons.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Pharah couldn't touch me. I felt one of her rockets, and I'd hide in my healing cube until a teammmate took her out (she doesn't have much HP, so Pharah is a pretty easy threat to take care of.

Junkrat couldn't do shit to get past my Ice Wall. As soon as it went down, Roadhog would snag and one shot him.

Maybe I was just getting lucky. Admittedly, I never play Junkrat; but as Pharah, I can rarely take down a Mei - she just ice cubes up; or plants an ice wall somewhere in my line of site.

I'll try switching out next time and give it another shot.
Sounds like a crappy junkrat. His main fire can destroy her wall pretty quick and he can neutralize her self healing by placing a trap and a mine next to her when she goes into the ice block.

KiraFA37

GAF I broke. I bought some lootboxes for 10 euros earlier today hoping to finally get my olympic Dva skin. The only thing I got were alot of dupes and a Lucio olympic one. Decided to just play some more and hope for the best. Two more lootboxes later and nothing yet. Unfortunately I topped up my paypal with a little too much money and I bought some more lootboxes. Guess what? First a Nihon Genji and then in the second one my Taegeuki Dva skin! I may have gotten my skins but I paid a heavy price for them... 20 euros to be exact. I'm sure Blizzard knows exactly what they are doing with those drops, or like always my luck just sucks.

Edit: Also got Olympic Zarya.

ISOM

lucio, ana and zenyatta is some extreme low-IQ shit, the meta in this patch is [ b r o k e n ]

Who is a high IQ character according to you? Like do you know how hard it is to manage your team's health and when to pop ults and things like that? It's not easy and your opinion is quite ignorant.

With Genji, should I use R2 or L2 when firing? I usually hit with at least two shurikens with R2, but I see a lot of places recommend L2 better. And what's a good kill combo on 200 HP heroes?

Protann

Why do people pick Hanzo ever? If you're the kind of person who only picks snipers in shooters, there are two better snipers available, plus, one of them can actually contribute to the team! I have never in my life seen a useful Hanzo on my team or an enemy team. Why do people insist on picking this useless character?

ISOM

Why do people pick Hanzo ever? If you're the kind of person who only picks snipers in shooters, there are two better snipers available, plus, one of them can actually contribute to the team! I have never in my life seen a useful Hanzo on my team or an enemy team. Why do people insist on picking this useless character?

People like to shoot with a bow and arrow. It's that simple.

Prelude.

With every death comes honor, with honor, redemption.

People like to shoot with a bow and arrow. It's that simple.

Not only that, Hanzo fills various other things.
- He's Japanese
- He's an honourable samurai dude, honourable samurai dudes are cool
- He has dragons
- He has wolves in his alt skin
- He has an aura of mystique and grey morality surrounding him
- He can get dumb blind headshots by spamming/scatter arrowing randomly, making his players feel good about themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom