• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellie

Oh god closing to diamond. I just know I'm going to start losing soon. I just want that perdy diamond icon pls Blizzard.

You can do it!

In the gibraltar game I think they had a leaver or two as well? PSN maintenance was that early? We got lucky.

Shouta

2366 after my placement matches. Had a huge streak of bad teammates that couldn't kill anything and I was stuck on healing, woof.

Time to climb, I guess.

Nimby

Banned
Yo fuck this shit, my OW experience today:

A Reinhardt charges in repeatedly and dies without his team ✓
Flanking Genji does nothing but feed enemy ults ✓
Enemy Sym gets a quad on KotH ✓
My teams decides to defend Dorado right outside the enemy spawn ✓
Main healer switches to Junkrat mid match ✓
Someone solo tanks as Winston ✓
D.Va spams "Thanks" because we lost (when it was mostly their fault) ✓
OH LOOK! WE ARE WINNI- "Someone left the match" ✓
We lose instantly because someone left a match we were stomping ✓
Uninstalls Overwatch
not really
✓

Jellie

Yo fuck this shit, my OW experience today:

A Reinhardt charges in repeatedly and dies without his team ✓
Flanking Genji does nothing but feed enemy ults ✓
Enemy Sym gets a quad on KotH ✓
My teams decides to defend Dorado right outside the enemy spawn ✓
Main healer switches to Junkrat mid match ✓
Someone solo tanks as Winston ✓
D.Va spams "Thanks" because we lost (when it was mostly their fault) ✓
OH LOOK! WE ARE WINNI- "Someone left the match" ✓
We lose instantly because someone left a match we were stomping ✓
Uninstalls Overwatch
not really
✓
That one always happens though.

xaosslug

It is, and most people insist on trying to push through the tiny choke with the payload instead of going around the side stairs and flanking. Go figure.

Have you played since the Genji "nerfs"? He's still absolutely fine, extremely powerful, but just more balanced. Same with Hanzo -- with the faster projectile speed, he's still a great hero.

The Mei buff I have a hard time defending, but it's not the end of the world. I feel they'll come back and nerf the radius by 1m or so.

i still play him in QP, but I won't touch him in comp. The mobility nerf makes him a sitting duck. It's sad, tbh. Because I had a lot of fun playing him.

LOL, what? Hanzo was terrible before the buff. He was just as useless as Bastion. F-- tier lol.

Also, the hitbox changes help Mei waaay more than the ult buff imo.

if you were bad w/ Honzo, sure. But GOOD Hanzo players were still getting in headshots like they had auto aim. Now? It's absurd. It's already bad enough his scatter shot is pretty much an insta-kill for anyone w/ less than 200hp! -__-

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Vox is back with another cosplay.

Reinhardt Doge

CrsHgxmUMAEmE9z.jpg

CrsIYMdUsAEPYZt.jpg

Do you think we would have still won?
I felt sorry for their reinhardt he just came up to us and said hello and got murdered. I said hello back next time and he earthshattered me.

I think so. We completed the first checkpoint pretty fast compared to them, at first I thought that was the reason for them to leave, but it was most probably PSN fault. But even if we were dominating in this match we could get stuck at some point pretty easily, this game can be so unpredictable.

I noticed that too, but by the time he said hello my rocket was already on the way. The others also didn't think twice before attacking lol.

i still play him in QP, but I won't touch him in comp. The mobility nerf makes him a sitting duck. It's sad, tbh. Because I had a lot of fun playing him.

if you were bad w/ Honzo, sure. But GOOD Hanzo players were still getting in headshots like they had auto aim. Now? It's absurd. It's already bad enough his scatter shot is pretty much an insta-kill for anyone w/ less than 200hp! -__-
Seagull was good with Hanzo, but he barely played him all the times I watched him, if at all. He was absurdly good with Hanzo.

I feel most people here would agree Hanzo was Bastion tier.

Moonkeis

Is there a bug on the Overwatch profile for accuracy for Ana? I average 57-60% accuracy with her unscoped, and higher scoped but it shows a measly 13%?

Pachimari

I have started playing as Ana on defense. I really like how I can heal my team mates by shooting them, and how I can quickly make an opponent fall to sleep. Great character design as well. Although I'm also very good with Soldier-76 in both offense and defense.

Although I like that Widowmaker can burstfire when not scoped in.

Jellie

I think so. We completed the first checkpoint pretty fast compared to them, at first I thought that was the reason for them to leave, but it was most probably PSN fault. But even if we were dominating in this match we could get stuck at some point pretty easily, this game can be so unpredictable.

I noticed that too, but by the time he said hello my rocket was already on the way. The others also didn't think twice before attacking lol.
Yeah was pretty fast and they seemed to be getting staggered spawns. No mercy for their team.
I used tactical visor as soon as the Reinhardt said hello.

How much sr did you lose?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is there a bug on the Overwatch profile for accuracy for Ana? I average 57-60% accuracy with her unscoped, and higher scoped but it shows a measly 13%?

I think you shooting teammates counts as a miss or something, everyone I look at has bad Ana accuracy. It's either that or a bug.

xaosslug

Seagull was good with Hanzo, but he barely played him all the times I watched him, if at all. He was absurdly good with Hanzo.

I feel most people here would agree Hanzo was Bastion tier.

well, yeah. Peeps had to work to get kills with him after the 'nerf' but now that they 'fixed' him it's not so hard. It's the same w/ Genji - he's still workable, but there's more work involved, and peeps would just rather not, and have moseyed on to Zarya. >.>

well, yeah. Peeps had to work to get kills with him after the 'nerf' but now that they 'fixed' him it's not so hard. It's the same w/ Genji - he's still workable, but there's more work involved, and peeps would just rather not, and have moseyed on to Zarya. >.>
If he was fine, why did they brings back the hit boxes?

And based on what you said, you think Zarya is easy...

And that deserves a massive LOL

XaosWolf

Actually placed this season. 1973.
Less than and hour later: 2045.

Please tell me that there's not a bajillion tiers above Gold and that I dont totally suck at yet another competitive FPS.

Jellie

Actually placed this season. 1973.
Less than and hour later: 2045.

Please tell me that there's not a bajillion tiers above Gold and that I dont totally suck at yet another competitive FPS.
There's not a bajillion tiers above Gold and you don't totally suck at yet another competitive FPS.
There's 4.

xaosslug

If he was fine, why did they brings back the hit boxes?

And based on what you said, you think Zarya is easy...

And that deserves a massive LOL

lmao, who knows? Why did they buff Mei's ult? Blizz gives no fucks, man.

Zarya's def. easy... for ex-Genji mains, apparently? ;P And after the hitbox 'fix' the skyscraper Zarya's wielding is ridiculous. -__-

R0ckman

Just a few more days until Ace Attorney 6, and I cant get the hell out with something more engaging, getting tired of these morons treating comp like a pool party.

all jokes aside, what's the best way to organize randoms into a semi-competent team or ask someone to switch from hanzo on offense when they're dead most of the time and not taking care of any of their damage dealers or tanks.

I feel like every team needs a good leader that makes an impression early in the match and gets everyone on the same page.

X-Frame

Great video of where to Defend on each map.

Really interesting to note that I've rarely ever been in a Competitive game that utilized high ground as much as is recommended here. I peaked at 65 last season and am Diamond now but still never see this.

I don't know how viable this will be unless most of the team is in a group or communicating, but still good to know.

DevilDog

all jokes aside, what's the best way to organize randoms into a semi-competent team or ask someone to switch from hanzo on offense when they're dead most of the time and not taking care of any of their damage dealers or tanks.

I feel like every team needs a good leader that makes an impression early in the match and gets everyone on the same page.

Say hello. If need be, tell people why they should change their characters. If they say they are good with them trust them for at least 1-2 pushes.
If you are a DPS for example and they criticize you for not changing, tell them you're excellent at that character, if you really are. Otherwise you should switch as well.

If they start to come around and ask you what they should play, you should ask them what can they play and organize the team comp around it.
Whatever the case, never be toxic.

If you lose in the end, it might just be because the other team was just better.

Dont solo queue

Prelude.

Great video of where to Defend on each map.

Really interesting to note that I've rarely ever been in a Competitive game that utilized high ground as much as is recommended here. I peaked at 65 last season and am Diamond now but still never see this.

I don't know how viable this will be unless most of the team is in a group or communicating, but still good to know.
Not super viable since some of those places require people to group up in time, call out enemies and focus fire so comms are pretty much mandatory, but the "don't fucking stand in front of the spawn" rule works at any level. That's the biggest problem of playing payload on defense.

R0ckman

Quickly analyze the situation, sometimes if you catch certain things before your trash team gives up you may stand a chance.

If your Bastion and Torb are not solidly holding a location or keeping a choke on payload maps, immediately tell them to choose characters and just dive bomb the payload over and over, this way if they suck at least they are stopping the load from moving more often. Make sure you get that bastion off bastion or tell him to reposition after each fire fight.

2490 after my placement matches. Thoses matches were for the majority very bad, and i don't understand the matchmaking, getting paired with lvl 25/30 people against 100 and 200+. I know xp doesn't mean everything but c'mon.

finalflame

2490 after my placement matches. Thoses matches were for the majority very bad, and i don't understand the matchmaking, getting paired with lvl 25/30 people against 100 and 200+. I know xp doesn't mean everything but c'mon.

XP doesn't mean anything, internal MMR does. There are tons of Lv.200+ players who are trash at the game. Just go take Quick Play for a ride and you'll see.

lmao, who knows? Why did they buff Mei's ult? Blizz gives no fucks, man.

Zarya's def. easy... for ex-Genji mains, apparently? ;P And after the hitbox 'fix' the skyscraper Zarya's wielding is ridiculous. -__-
Because Meis ult was weak and pretty much worthless before? Now it's actually good.

And no, Zarya is no where near easy, just like Genji is not easy, like you seem to be saying.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, the power of Lucios speed boost kind of nullified Meis freeze and she usually got overwhelmed because of this. Same reason Symm was mostly ignored because you could just speed boost past her turrets and she couldn't build ult as fast.

And yeah, Zen beats Mei as long as she doesn't get too close to freeze him and usually Zens are in the back lines so this is very hard for her.

Nah man, what? 1 icicle in the head and another in the body and it's bye bye zen.

XP doesn't mean anything, internal MMR does. There are tons of Lv.200+ players who are trash at the game. Just go take Quick Play for a ride and you'll see.

Yeah I saw. But there is a great chance that someone who is lvl 25 is less knowledgeable about team comp maps etc than a lvl 200+ even if their internal MMR is the same. I know MMR has to start somewhere but they did the same mistake with HOTS and fixed it after.

But well, diamond will be hard to reach for me I guess.

Owzers

So you're telling me it's easy to learn shield placement, when to ult, when to charge in, when to back out of a fight, when to ult, etc? Yeah, no, she's hard to master, hence her having three stars.

Just don't think about it and have fun.

This is why i'm not a good Zarya right now.

finalflame

Yeah I saw. But there is a great chance that someone who is lvl 25 is less knowledgeable about team comp maps etc than a lvl 200+ even if their internal MMR is the same. I know MMR has to start somewhere but they did the same mistake with HOTS and fixed it after.

But well, diamond will be hard to reach for me I guess.

Yah, I hear ya. Thing is, if your level of skill is really diamond, you'll climb. Just keep doing the solo queue roulette, and message people you have good games with to see if they want to group up. That's what I did last season, and went from 34 to 59 (equivalent of 1700 to 2950). Did it mostly tri-quad queueing with some 6-stacks in the mix and a bit of solo play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom