• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ckman

Nother dumbass comp team, had an attack bastion that actually worked for a bit but then decides he wouldn't move forward with us or prioritize mercy.

MrPanic

Jup, nice start. Thought I was gonna wash away that 20 game lose streak or whatever it was from yesterday. Start up the game, click competitive, get thrown into a game right away. Then the character select screen loads up without the hud. None of the keys works, can't click or do anything, just had to wait till the game kicked me for inactivity. Another 40 rank points down the drain.
Thanks Obama.

Satch

Banned
Zaryas nerf will be that she only gets 35-40 max charge per bubble, requiring 3 successful bubbles for 100% charge and they will reduce the range of her beam by 20-30%

bookmark this post

xaosslug

i love it when psn is down.

$60 anyone?

it's not, tho? I'm on right now, actually.

There's being a Drill Sergeant and going "Hey guys, it doesn't seem that what we're doing is working, we're not really able to break through their lines/we're getting constantly wiped/we're not being very effective in general. Do we want to switch things up a bit and try something else?". I do the latter, and if I get no response, I just quietly resign myself to the fact that nobody on my team is willing to play as a TEAM and write everyone off as a moron and we're probably going to lose. About 50% of the time though people are polite, mature, and receptive and we are able to make adjustments that, even if they don't win us the game, at least allow us to have a closer match then we had been having so far.

Stubbornness/rudeness/taking a dump on your teammates is toxic and makes you less likely to win. Trying to politely coordinate and having a positive, proactive, and flexible attitude makes you far, far more likely to win.

If you're the type of player that's entirely unreceptive to feedback then there's no point playing a TEAM based game. When anyone on the TEAM brings the TEAM down the entire TEAM suffers at the expense of the person who doesn't want to be "bossed" around and wants to play their waifu/main/whatever just because it's "fun". Fun doesn't mean it's going to work when the enemy team is hard countering your comp and you're getting obliterated. By doing that and being unresponsive/unwilling to be a team player in competitive you're just ruining other people's games, too.

If you don't care about rank, just want to have "fun", and want to pay no attention to team composition/strategy/playing skillfully, I reiterate, your game mode of choice should be QP not Competitive.

I'm not saying it is or isn't the case for you specifically, I just mean in general.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

xaosslug

Zaryas nerf will be that she only gets 35-40 max charge per bubble, requiring 3 successful bubbles for 100% charge and they will reduce the range of her beam by 20-30%

bookmark this post

i don't think so... Blizz will probably just nerf her survivability and give her 350 health and 50 shield, or something. Maybe, up the cooldown for her buddy-bubble 10 seconds.

Neat, from this reaction I can tell the kind of player you are. Just happy I'll never have to encounter you on PC.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i don't think so... Blizz will probably just nerf her survivability and give her 350 health and 50 shield, or something. Maybe, up the cooldown for her buddy-bubble 10 seconds.

¯_(ツ)_/¯
You're literally asking for Zarya to be stripped of everything that makes her Zarya and for her to be worthless. She needs that many shields and her buddy bubble is her main source of energy. Nerfing these will kill her.

LiK

I almost would take SD system over these too common draws. At least in SD you could get something out of the match.

Edit: Hanamura 24/7 server sucks

i'm okay with Draws more than SD. at least still earn some CP and the matches aren't insanely long as hell.

finalflame

You're literally asking for Zarya to be stripped of everything that makes her Zarya and for her to be worthless. She needs that many shields and her buddy bubble is her main source of energy. Nerfing these will kill her.

I have faith that Blizzard does not listen to the stupid opinions, and most of their adjustments are based on statistical gameplay data. I don't personally think Zarya's head is on the chopping block, but even if they do adjust anything, it certainly won't be her shield, or her survivability goes to shit. She needs to be able to enter the fray and start taking hits before activating her barrier to be most effective, and the shield regen makes that manageable.

She'll be fine.

xaosslug

i'm not asking for anything, merely predicting what Blizz will do to 'balance' her.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2016-09-0623_46_01-ovwdusw.png

tumblr_o7ddq9Al5h1qg6pzuo1_400.gif

finalflame

How do I git gud with Zarya?

Learn to use/time your barrier and the projectile barrier for high energy, turn on allied health bars for sick saves with projectile barrier, learn the drop off on her cannon projectiles so you lob them where you want, learn the range on her beam, lower sensitivity and get good at tracking enemies with your cursor (PC) or depend on auto-aim crutch (console). Also be aware that her barrier cleanses discord and Mei freeze and will absorb up to 200 damage.

Play conservatively unless your barrier is up. When your barrier is up, walk into the fray and activate it, even if it means losing a few shield HP. It'll regen. When your team pushes, be at high energy and fuck shit up hard.

Also call out your ult and stack it with other ults like Genji/Pharah/Tracer for maximum team-wipe-ability.

i'm not asking for anything, merely predicting what Blizz will do to 'balance' her.
Blizz ain't that stupid. They designed Zarya for a sole purpose and those nerfs kill that purpose. They wouldn't want to kill the reason they made her in the first place.

I'm starting to feel like I called it by saying that we are slowly going to nerf everything into oblivion that is either hard to kill or kills a lot. Genji got butchered. Next is Zarya. Then they'll nerf Tracer. Then people will get them to nerf Roadhog for stupid reasons. Then Hanzo will get nerfed again. Then Lucio. Then Mercy. Then Zen again, and on and on it goes.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So why can Roadhog still heal himself even when you stand in front of him and shoot him in the fucking face all the time?

I mean really, what kind of bullshit is that?

mellow

that feeling when you're 1 win away from your season high rating, winning a game in the final few minutes and get dc'd with a PSN down for maintenance error

Shitty timing for PSN maintenance...

GGs joninder and undignify!

Hey Jon and all, I can't join. PSN isn't working right and I can't see your messages or invites on the screen, but I can see them on my tablet. My FL ain't showing either in the game :/

Doesn't seem to be a way to join anyone right now, nothing will show up, but I can still play solo queue. Weird.

Yup, you disappeared from my social list and when I tried to see my friends on PSN it didn't even load anyone.

:(

So why can Roadhog still heal himself even when you stand in front of him and shoot him in the fucking face all the time?

Because it's his fucking ability?

I thought people were ok with this because it was an "easy ult battery"

Seriously, he's a sitting duck like this. Majority of times I heal in the middle of a team fight, I have less health than before I healed, and 9/10 times, you're dead before you can respond.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

That's usually a bad play since he's just feeding ult to people. He needs to heal in a decent spot, and ideally 180 so his head isn't easy to hit.

Jellie

Shitty timing for PSN maintenance...

GGs joninder and undignify!

Yup, you disappeared from my social list and when I tried to see my friends on PSN it didn't even load anyone.

:(
Yeah just got hit with it. It was 5 v 2 at one point. Poor Lucio wall riding everywhere trying not to die.

I'm starting to feel like I called it by saying that we are slowly going to nerf everything into oblivion that is either hard to kill or kills a lot. Genji got butchered. Next is Zarya. Then they'll nerf Tracer. Then people will get them to nerf Roadhog for stupid reasons. Then Hanzo will get nerfed again. Then Lucio. Then Mercy. Then Zen again, and on and on it goes.
Like I said after the Genji nerfs were announced, one day we really will all be Soldiers.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
i have to ask. is Dorado in competitive map rotation? i've played 44 matches (23-20-1) and have yet to play a match on it.

There is something really weird with the map rotation in this game. I go a long time without seeing certain maps and it feels like specific days keep throwing me on the same handful.

Satch

Banned
people literally admit they shoot at genji when he has his reflect up standing right in front of them and get mad that the shots go back and kill them

u think overwatch players have the self control to not shoot zaryas bubbles to the point that shes max charged the moment she leaves spawn? LUL

xaosslug

Blizz ain't that stupid. They designed Zarya for a sole purpose and those nerfs kill that purpose. They wouldn't want to kill the reason they made her in the first place.

the same can be said about all the characters they've nerfed so far, LOL Genji's been nerfed into oblivion because they 'fixed' all the 'bugs' and Hanzo was perfectly fine before they reverted the projectile hitbox, likewise Mei was great before the ridiculous ult buff... now they're monsters for no reason.

y'all just wait.

give it a few mins :p

nwC8itC.gif

finalflame

i have to ask. is Dorado in competitive map rotation? i've played 44 matches (23-20-1) and have yet to play a match on it.

It is, and most people insist on trying to push through the tiny choke with the payload instead of going around the side stairs and flanking. Go figure.

the same can be said about all the characters they've nerfed so far, LOL Genji's been nerfed into oblivion because they 'fixed' all the 'bugs' and Hanzo was perfectly fine before they reverted the projectile hitbox, likewise Mei was great before the ridiculous ult buff... now they're monsters for no reason.

y'all just wait.

Have you played since the Genji "nerfs"? He's still absolutely fine, extremely powerful, but just more balanced. Same with Hanzo -- with the faster projectile speed, he's still a great hero.

The Mei buff I have a hard time defending, but it's not the end of the world. I feel they'll come back and nerf the radius by 1m or so.

Learn to use/time your barrier and the projectile barrier for high energy, turn on allied health bars for sick saves with projectile barrier, learn the drop off on her cannon projectiles so you lob them where you want, learn the range on her beam, lower sensitivity and get good at tracking enemies with your cursor (PC) or depend on auto-aim crutch (console). Also be aware that her barrier cleanses discord and Mei freeze and will absorb up to 200 damage.

Play conservatively unless your barrier is up. When your barrier is up, walk into the fray and activate it, even if it means losing a few shield HP. It'll regen. When your team pushes, be at high energy and fuck shit up hard.

Awesome advice dude. Didn't know any of that. Thanks!

y'all just wait.
LOL, what? Hanzo was terrible before the buff. He was just as useless as Bastion. F-- tier lol.

Also, the hitbox changes help Mei waaay more than the ult buff imo.

Trey

y'all just wait.

Out of all the nerfs and buffs lately, I think the only poor decision was taking Genji's triple jump away. They'll give it back to him eventually I feel.

wamberz1

Took a while because of work, but I finally finished my placements!
YXbJeEO.png

Also I got a question. Sometimes during my placements I would see people with silver logos like the one beside my sr. What does that mean?

Jellie

LOL, what? Hanzo was terrible before the buff. He was just as useless as Bastion. F-- tier lol.

Also, the hitbox changes help Mei waaay more than the ult buff imo.

Isn't the hitbox change just a revert to what it was before when she wasn't used much either?
YXbJeEO.png

Also I got a question. Sometimes during my placements I would see people with silver logos like the one beside my sr. What does that mean?

The logo is the tier you are in (platinum, 2500-2999) the next one up is diamond (3000-3499) and the one below is gold (2000-2499).

LiK

YXbJeEO.png

you're in the Platinum tier.

Rad-

Oh god closing to diamond. I just know I'm going to start losing soon. I want that perdy diamond icon pls Blizzard.

It is but you could argue the nerfs to zen/lucio slowing things down a bit also just make the old mei better too.
Yeah, the power of Lucios speed boost kind of nullified Meis freeze and she usually got overwhelmed because of this. Same reason Symm was mostly ignored because you could just speed boost past her turrets and she couldn't build ult as fast.

And yeah, Zen beats Mei as long as she doesn't get too close to freeze him and usually Zens are in the back lines so this is very hard for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom