• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

No one picks Bastion on attack unless they've given up or plan to lose.

bastion is a good pick at the last part of a round if your team is facing a wall, its the out of nowhere pick and can buy some time if it gets quick kills

but yea from the gate it's a bad pick

Jarate

Banned
Torb still seems pretty strong to me.

Although, maybe it's just because I like to play low-health characters.
torn is terrible because now really useless friends I play with can't just use Torbjorn and be useful. Now they have to be able to aim well too ;-;

Gorillaz

PSN been dead all day
Finally up so here im thinking let me at least get a quick few before bed
Now Overwatch on PS4 is fried probably because everyone is trying to get on after psn went down

Amazing

Alright man Im done with this shit loading up netflix for Narcos s2 lol

edit: what is the big brawl for this week anyway?

Nother dumbass comp team, had an attack bastion that actually worked for a bit but then decides he wouldn't move forward with us or prioritize mercy.

I've been known to tell low level Bastions that it's cool and fun to turret up and melt fools, but make sure you protect the Mercy. She might hang out and give you a damage boost. Faster melting, more POTGs, but only if she's alive. Doesn't take, but it does get the Mercys following my D.Va around after a Junkrat kills her one too many time.

Dad

So are the stats on Overbuff considered even remotely accurate? It seems to think I'm a bottom of the barrel Mercy and an incredible Zenyatta even though I feel pretty decidedly average with both characters.

Jarate

Banned
Competitive is the worst. Scientifically proven.

9jfQ25D.jpg

At this rate I'm almost never gonna be playing a DPS char on comp. Thankfully I main both Lucio and Ana so I can play support but it's still depressing how many people lock DPS/tank first. Oh well, at least it gets me wins.

So why can Roadhog still heal himself even when you stand in front of him and shoot him in the fucking face all the time?

I mean really, what kind of bullshit is that?

It's funny- I thought the same thing when fighting him, but I've come to realize that it actually hurts his team for him to do that. He's an Ult Trough. Just keep plinking away at him from distance and fill your ult. Then wipe him AND his team out. Unless you get hooked and squished. Then it sucks.

Maddrical

Played my first competitive games of the season last night, I baaaarely played it last season (didn't even get my placement) but I am enjoying the changes I've noticed. My mate & I main Ana & Reinhardt respectively so everyone keeps thinking we're purposely choosing the combo, but it's just a happy little accident and so damn fun. Reinhardt is the most fun I've had in a competitive game since I got my beta key for Dota 2. Playing Hanamura on defense we managed to push the enemy back from point B all the way to their spawns at point A; got 12 elims, 2 ultis and almost 3 Ana ultis in just under a minute.

Do I really need to play 300+ competitive games to get a golden weapon? Fair enough that they're rare but dang. That's a lot of games. I'm a silver-gold ranked kinda guy given how little I play so I'll get 400 points tops at the end of this season most likely. I want the Blackhardt + golden axe combo so bad.

Do I really need to play 300+ competitive games to get a golden weapon? Fair enough that they're rare but dang. That's a lot of games. I'm a silver-gold ranked kinda guy given how little I play so I'll get 400 points tops at the end of this season most likely. I want the Blackhardt + golden axe combo so bad.

Depending on what tier you get at the end of the season will also determine how many bonus comp points you get. An average player, depending on how many wins he gets can get a gold gun in 2 or 3 seasons.

Kito

Welp, fuck me. On a non-stop losing streak doesn't matter what I do.

Can't be as bad as me, 2500 to 2900, then straight to 1900, can't remember what a victory screen looks like, and in my last game lost a 6v5. (Worse, they had an attack Bastion and still won despite being 1 man down.) Never had such a ridiculous losing streak in S1. Yeah, my rank dropped 10 points but I didn't lose twenty games in a row.

Matchmaking in S2 is just awful. I won't be playing again 1 hero limit QP or S3, whichever comes sooner.

LiK

Can't be as bad as me, 2500 to 2900, then straight to 1900, can't remember what a victory screen looks like, and in my last game lost a 6v5. (Worse, they had an attack Bastion and still won despite being 1 man down.) Never had such a ridiculous losing streak in S1. Yeah, my rank dropped 10 points but I didn't lose twenty games in a row.

Matchmaking in S2 is just awful. I won't be playing again 1 hero limit QP or S3, whichever comes sooner.

1900? oh man

man, i guess i should've played harder in placements. the climb is a struggle.

R0ckman

Got dumped into a quick play match with a group of 4 trolls purposely playing to tick people off and make them leave. I entered a server where people were leaving despite things being in our favor I soon realized why.

What the hell did they do to Roadhog's hook? Where people land seems completely random, hooks at close range actually move people AWAY from you, people are constantly zipping around and teleporting so you have no idea where the hell they're going to end up and neither do they.

Just revert this shit, it's awful.

R0ckman

What the hell did they do to Roadhog's hook? Where people land seems completely random, hooks at close range actually move people AWAY from you, people are constantly zipping around and teleporting so you have no idea where the hell they're going to end up and neither do they.

Just revert this shit, it's awful.

It was to prevent hopks at weird angles putting characters to your side instead of in front of you sometimes but it seems they've made it worse.

Kito

1900? oh man

man, i guess i should've played harder in placements. the climb is a struggle.

1900. I get into lobbies with silvers, not even golds, and a single bastion is able to continuously wipe the team. Literally everyone is w+m1ing with zero game sense. I was wondering a few weeks ago if Bastion potgs still happen in the lower levels - can confirm. Fuck S2.

xaosslug

yeah I fell from 2700 to 2400. >_<

are you on PS4? We should group up!

NimbusD

Oh man, first really bad comp day today since season 2 began, 5 losses and that's it.

I mean, I was doing fine. But the teams I was on were just not great. Teams that refused to switch when comps werent working; that demanded I switch becuase I wasn't being a 'team player' (aka, the guy wanted to play junkrat randomly mid match, but I didnt switch because I was killing w him); teams where a guy just kept saying we lost the whole game repeatedly starting after losing just the first point on a koth; teams that refused to stay by the point after begging them to not move ahead by themselves (one guy said that he just plays an 'aggressive' roadhog, and it works. I watched as his chevron turned into a skull, far away from his team, 5 seconds into the game); etc.

Should have quit after just the first two losses, but I was killing it in quick play today, so I kept thinking I would have a good comp match. Nope. Closest I got was one koth where we'd slaughter the other team, then everyone would just abandon the point, to die individual deaths, and it'd be a matter of maybe a minute before the whole enemy team would come barreling down the hallway to the point with just me left on it. Every point went to like 99% in our favor and then we lost it.

No one picks Bastion on attack unless they've given up or plan to lose.

welp, lost a comp match today to an attack bastion so fuck me.

Team could not keep it together, I took out the bastion myself most of the times, but he was around enough to push the load to the end. Also doesn't matter much if I take out the bastion if my whole lemming team jumped right into his bullets a few seconds beforehand.

R0ckman

People just cant handle a Torb who joins the fight and kicks your ass instead of turret baby sitting. Even kicked the soilders ass and got 47% kill partcipation. Play of game was me head shotting reaper and shotgunning reinhardt attacking our mercy.

NimbusD

I think if I lose 3 times in a row, I would take a break immediately.

Yep. Really have to be hard and fast about that rule. I was actually doing really well myself in all of these matches, so I don't think it really felt shitty until like losing the third one, then I took a break (which should have been just being done for the night) and came back to lose two more.

xaosslug

I think if I lose 3 times in a row, I would take a break immediately.

idk what it is, but when I'm grouped up w/ peeps I feel like I'm abandoning them if I leave after a string of losses, so I don't usually leave until we win a match or two (leave on a high note, etc). :/

Ghazi

People just cant handle a Torb who joins the fight and kicks your ass instead of turret baby sitting. Even kicked the soilders ass and got 47% kill partcipation. Play of game was me head shotting reaper and shotgunning reinhardt attacking our mercy.

S O I L D E R S

Hard work pays off. kappa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom