• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
2366 after my placement matches. Had a huge streak of bad teammates that couldn't kill anything and I was stuck on healing, woof.

Time to climb, I guess.

Y'know, looking around this thread, I'm kinda happy to work up rather than watch everything I've ever know and loved get melted away slowly in an orgy of Solo queue losses.

Odrion

Banned
I keep hovering around 2550~2610. I was ahead a bit, then the game crashed on me at character select so I got penalized.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Can't be as bad as me, 2500 to 2900, then straight to 1900, can't remember what a victory screen looks like, and in my last game lost a 6v5. (Worse, they had an attack Bastion and still won despite being 1 man down.) Never had such a ridiculous losing streak in S1. Yeah, my rank dropped 10 points but I didn't lose twenty games in a row.

Matchmaking in S2 is just awful. I won't be playing again 1 hero limit QP or S3, whichever comes sooner.
2702 to 2181. Actually had just won a game only for my internet to drop on the next one that I was poised to win and draws aren't even netting me any points, it's just great. :[

edit: now 2159

That one always happens though.

I put D.Va up on a building, blocked and facing away from the spawn on Dorado. I refuse to turn around because I know all I'll see is skulls. Wait for an opposing Widow or Hanzo to get up on the bridge to try to snipe them as they trickle in, and then I take them down. We almost always still lose, but overconfidence must be punished.

ZangBa

Pretty sure I ran into some kind of cheater. Back to back Hanzo ultimates within seconds, 71% kill participation, POTG looking straight up aimbotty. I find this hard to accept on consoles.

Azoor

Pretty sure I ran into some kind of cheater. Back to back Hanzo ultimates within seconds, 71% kill participation, POTG looking straight up aimbotty. I find this hard to accept on consoles.

Huh, seems like Hanzo is pretty popular among cheaters.

xaosslug

The only saving grace of QP right now is that sometimes I get another D.Va on my team. Then we can hunt together, watch each others backs, alternate shields, it's a lot of fun.

lmao, YES! ^___^

i do find that D.Va is one of the best character's to build momentum/team moral with, which can go a long way to carry a bad/team in disaray through to the end.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Aimbots on console?

Also projectile characters would be harder to aimbot with, because aimbots work by snapping to the target and with projectiles you have to learn to lead.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
When you get called a shit healer when you've got 19k+ healing, 27 sound barriers, gold objective time(partly as a result of holding overtime for over a minute) and get POTG.

ABr1SKE.jpg

LiK

Had to pull out good ol Junky against full groups. Also pulled out a damn McCree just to shoot Pharah and Ana lol

ZangBa

Aimbots on console?

Also projectile characters would be harder to aimbot with, because aimbots work by snapping to the target and with projectiles you have to learn to lead.

There are hacks and aimbots on everything, it's just a lot rarer. You're right about projectiles, but he wasn't really sniping from afar, he was running around corners, buildings and on the payload.

usctrojan

Anyone ranked gold/near-platinum on PC want to start playing as a team on evenings? Or if someone around these levels needs a healer, I could maybe be your guy.

I have a mic, am always willing to communicate and chat about strategy, understand the importance of shot calling, enjoy general composition strategy and am willing to listen and adjust to whatever we are facing.

I can play a pretty good mercy or lucio but can DPS when needed and I've been practicing some reinhardt here and there.

Mostly looking for people who prioritize team play and play after 5:30pm or so (pacific time). Let me know and let's play. I can't handle too many more Reinhardts charging away from team and into a 6-man enemy fight or a lucio who randomly ults for no reason after we pretty much wiped the entire enemy team etc etc... Or remember that time when none of your DPS switched heroes to counter pharah? =)

finalflame

Anyone ranked gold/near-platinum on PC want to start playing as a team on evenings? Or if someone around these levels needs a healer, I could maybe be your guy.

I have a mic, am always willing to communicate and chat about strategy, understand the importance of shot calling, enjoy general composition strategy and am willing to listen and adjust to whatever we are facing.

I can play a pretty good mercy or lucio but can DPS when needed and I've been practicing some reinhardt here and there.

Mostly looking for people who prioritize team play and play after 5:30pm or so (pacific time). Let me know and let's play. I can't handle too many more Reinhardts charging away from team and into a 6-man enemy fight or a lucio who randomly ults for no reason after we pretty much wiped the entire enemy team etc etc... Or remember that time when none of your DPS switched heroes to counter pharah? =)

Add me dude. I'm plat, usually play tanks, always on comms. darkatnight#1407

DevilDog

literally untrue

edit: maybe nerf Zarya's ult radius just a tad or make it visually easier to stay away from but that's it. Like your team should be keeping their eye on her ult charge and not clumping together to minimize's effectiveness but it does feel like it pulls you in at a further range than it's graphic indicates. That's about it.

I dont think you understand how incredibly annoying a good zarya can be. In coordination with a good team she can literally cancel ults for fun.

Also a firestrike is enough to give her 50 energy.

I dropped from 27XX to 24XX then I got back to 26XX only to drop down to 25XX. After that I said fuck it, I have like 50 or so games played now.

Nyx

Played my first games yesterday since the ending of S1.

Man, just a few weeks of no Overwatch and I turn to shit.

LiK

Ok, cuz PSN completely screwed me over a nice evening of games, I'll be on tomorrow to play with my usual bros. only got an hour in but at least my SR went up.

I feel like I mastered Junkrat and D.va to their limits. Maybe focus on McCree again if i see a Pharah who is causing us issues.

antitrop

I hate when you run into a group and one of the guys feels comfortable being a dick to the rest of the team, just because he knows someone else will have his back in an argument against a bunch of solo-queuers.

Has solo queue been super toxic for anyone else lately? I had a pretty good time on it last season outside of the usual annoyances but this season in like a few days I've gotten vulgar messages and super aggressive people on the mic. Might just be luck of the draw but sheesh people are angry right now.

finalflame

The slimmer ui text , not the language...

My answer still stands: play the game in an Asian language. The slimmer font is to accommodate the alphabet of those languages. If you ever play with players using Asian name, you'll see the same font on their kills/etc on your screen. Therefore, if you want your entire UI in that font, play the game with the client for an Asian language.

Has solo queue been super toxic for anyone else lately? I had a pretty good time on it last season outside of the usual annoyances but this season in like a few days I've gotten vulgar messages and super aggressive people on the mic. Might just be luck of the draw but sheesh people are angry right now.

Solo queue is mostly trash and it's stressful. Can't really blame people for being pissed. I'd just mute/block/report to make sure bad behavior isn't rewarded and move on.

I said in a calm manner "we could use a second healer" (I was already a healer) and within a minute I get a 'stfu whiny bitch' message. Like, lol ok?

finalflame

I said in a calm manner "we could use a second healer" (I was already a healer) and within a minute I get a 'stfu whiny bitch' message. Like, lol ok?

Oh, console. Yah that's pretty bad. On PC I usually see it as reactionary to absolutely moronic team performance.

Oh, console. Yah that's pretty bad. On PC I usually see it as reactionary to absolutely moronic team performance.
I can take people being annoyed at bad team composition and wouldn't even mention it but I'm noting a lot less willingness to change things up and if you do take exception people are super aggressive.

I need to get the fuck out of platinum ASAP.

finalflame

I can take people being annoyed at bad team composition and wouldn't even mention it but I'm nothing a lot less willingness to change things up and if you do take exception people are super aggressive.

I need to get the fuck out of platinum ASAP.
Yah I've seen both really nice, cooperative, and communicative competent players and whiny complainers who refused to be team players. It's all the luck of the draw with solo queue. I too would love to get out of play, though I suspect Diamond is better but not by much.

Odrion

Banned
I dont think you understand how incredibly annoying a good zarya can be. In coordination with a good team she can literally cancel ults for fun.

Also a firestrike is enough to give her 50 energy.
I do. But then either me and my team will fight her or we deserve to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom