• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, cuz PSN completely screwed me over a nice evening of games, I'll be on tomorrow to play with my usual bros. only got an hour in but at least my SR went up.

I feel like I mastered Junkrat and D.va to their limits. Maybe focus on McCree again if i see a Pharah who is causing us issues.
I haven't played since my 150 point drop Monday morning. It soured me, then I was doing physics homework all day Tuesday. I'll be on Wednesday evening if you wanna group up. Maybe Dva + Zarya combo can help get my groove back. Although not really feeling the six man stacks. It'd be great to get a real team and everyone synergizes and plays their roles well. But as is, with very few mics, not playing together often enough, and playing characters we aren't comfortable with, it really doesn't work very well.

2-3 man group is ideal I think.

Rad-

Zarya's back to fine when/if Blizzard just tones down aim assist. It's the same with McCree and Tracer. They feel very powerful atm also because of aim assist. But until that happens I know I'm abusing them in competitive lul...

People still lay in to Zarya's shields. In season 2. Months after release.

Some damage on her shields are unavoidable but holy shit people have some self-control.

Rocketz

10-5 for the day solo queueing in ranked today. I'll take it.

Two more wins and I get a gold weapon as well so I'll knock that out after I wake up later. Well hopefully.

Veelk

Banned
Genji is just fine I think. They definitely simmered him down some, but he's still an extremely powerful character when played right.

R0ckman

bastion is a good pick at the last part of a round if your team is facing a wall, its the out of nowhere pick and can buy some time if it gets quick kills

but yea from the gate it's a bad pick

Depends, USUALLY if there is a player that desperately chooses bastion on attack they were trash to begin with so even if they kill things they will make bad descisions like not moving with the group or not targeting the correct enemies.

I also find that being somewhat decent at Mercy is really effective in trash teir. You just hide and dash from player to player, and people will more likely not know to priorotize you on the enemy team or if they do not take it as seriously as they should. She is a good edge on equally terrible teams facing each other. We unfortunately in that round had a dumbass Lucio who thought it was more important to go off and do his own thing than stay with the team.

HiiiLife

Dva slowing becoming my main. Sorry Junkrat.

Came across some solid randoms. That rarely happens to me. But I have had much better luck solo queuing this over Siege.

GregHorrorShow

Neo Member
Been really enjoying season 2 so far. I'm not as high level as most of you guys, I placed bronze and got up to silver last season and placed silver this season, which is progress at least.

Would love to get up to gold this season but it feels like it'll be quite a climb. Will keep at it.

It's interesting seeing everyone's different opinions and thoughts on the game in the thread.

Mendrox

Season 2 is awesome. I love that there is no coin flip anymore. Also in my matches I only got one match where someone left (and I played more than 20 matches already).

I think I've decided to try and main Mercy for season 2. Fuck knows why. I've hardly played as her. Any tips?

I went as her last night on Hollywood, and despite losing I quite enjoyed it and felt like I was at least contributing.
Quite annoying that our Bastion, on attack, kept asking for healing.

Bastion. Attacking. Asking for health.

Jellie

Lose against a 4 man with a master with a 150 average higher than our team. Lose 29.
Beat a team higher average than us. Win 19.

Azoor

Mei is actually being played by some pro teams now. Some refrained from ignoring the defence heroes.

Although I still think they should do something about Widowmaker.

Pachimari

So what should be my primary things to focus on now that I am lvl 13 and have played for 6 hours? I'm planning on continuing to practice with Soldier 76, Zenyatta and Ana and to reach lvl 25 so I can participate in the season's competitive play. And generally learning the maps and keep practicing.

Does that sound like a sound plan?

Are you guys talking PC? Is he not picked often there?

I always see a Junkrat on PC.

PatjuhR

I'd say you learn a few more heroes than that before comp.

What if there are already healers and a S76. There is no hero stacking in comp.

R0ckman

New Hanzo? Junkrat has always been picked. Always. I genuinely can't remember a game which didn't involve at least one Junkrat.

Are you guys talking PC? Is he not picked often there?

Yes, thats the point, he's always picked despite if it works for the team and half the time end up being trash.

Pachimari

I'd say you learn a few more heroes than that before comp.

What if there are already healers and a S76. There is no hero stacking in comp.

Well, I have been and will try out other heroes. I think I have tried out half of the roster. Just that the three mentioned ones are my faves.

TrueBlue

D.Va has really clicked for me recently. When you get out of the mindset of playing like Rein, you get a lot more out of her.

Like today, I played diversion while attacking Volskaya B. I was able to boost around the team and harasd them while my team swarmed in. I didn't get many elims but it felt good.

D.Va has really clicked for me recently. When you get out of the mindset of playing like Rein, you get a lot more out of her.

Like today, I played diversion while attacking Volskaya B. I was able to boost around the team and harasd them while my team swarmed in. I didn't get many elims but it felt good.

D.Va is just a big, metal Tracer.

PatjuhR

I love doing that. Also when they destroy my mech but I survive. You can get the attention of whole teams on you. Bit frustrating if you take time from 3 players hunting you and when you die your teammates didn't progress with 5 against 3.

TrueBlue

D.Va is just a big, metal Tracer.

I was considering this myself actually. Tracer is one of my mains anyhow, so it makes getting into that mindset easier.

Getting a triple kill with her ult is so satisfying as well. Nice to be on the other end of the panicked rush :lol

Gonna practice a bit more before going comp, but I've got a decent pool:

Mains: Pharah, Tracer
B- Tier: Mercy, D.Va
Like playing but need to learn more Tier: Junkrat, Mei

...huh. Almost all of them are women.

zoukka

The beauty of Dva is her versatility. Sometimes you need to shield your team and that's fine. Sometimes you go smoke out a hanzo/widow from high ground. Sometimes you disrupt the enemy team with your boost.

She's so good.

The beauty of Dva is her versatility. Sometimes you need to shield your team and that's fine. Sometimes you go smoke out a hanzo/widow from high ground. Sometimes you disrupt the enemy team with your boost.

She's so good.

Sometimes it feels like her mech is made of glass and you die immediately, multiple times.

And then you switch to Bastion because you've given up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom