• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

If the season is only 3 months long, I'd rather there not be large changes mid season. If something gets really crazy that is an emergency fix it, if not do it between seasons.

Also yeah, season one is pretty shit anyways. There have been a lot of games with worse openings in competitive than this though, it's actually not a disaster which amazes me.
3 months is a really, really long time. There are bound to be balance changes mid season with new heroes introduced, new maps etc. It's inescapable unless you'd rather settle for less content updates.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also if there is indeed a map and a new character dropping before the new season there definitely will be balance changes throughout it.

Anne

3 months is a really, really long time. There are bound to be balance changes mid season with new heroes introduced, new maps etc. It's inescapable unless you'd rather settle for less content updates.

I don't mean no changes at all, I mean things like leave the Zenyatta reowrk for between seasons. Mercy was an emergency to nerf, but doing that with the Zen/McCree changes mid season is pretty radical.

Blues1990

Also if there is indeed a map and a new character dropping before the new season there definitely will be balance changes throughout it.

Seams reasonable. Hopefully, we'll get the necessary nerfs/buffs for some of the overused and underused heroes, as I'm getting sick of using Zarya/Zenyatta/Lucio when playing Competitive.

Gaz_RB

Sitting at 69...

70 is so hard to break, but I have to do it before the season ends! I've given up on Top 500, I'll just settle for #4 Winston.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
lmao so bad NRG. They really suck against a real pro team.

Seagull is just a pub stomper.

Chances we have Sombra and some new maps when S2 starts?

NRG got owned O_O
I would hope it would be a few days before season 2 to give people a little time to learn the new maps and, most importantly, learn the new character. I don't want someone playing Sombra in ranked not knowing what she does ;_;

Blues1990

Lol Zarya ain't getting a nerf. She's perfect where she is, like all the tanks.

Nah, I wasn't trying to imply she needs a nerf, as like with the other Tank Heroes, she's fine where she is.

But when playing Overwatch, I've been struggling with using Mei in Competitive Mode (again, I can only play Zenyatta, Zarya, and Lucio for so long before I get sick of them after playing a 100 matches). As much as I love her as a character, I'm starting to realize that her tool set is literally worthless against anyone with half a brain, and she isn't a counter to anyone.

lmao so bad NRG. They really suck against a real pro team.

Seagull is just a pub stomper.
Lol he's a top 5 DPS in the world. It's not like he can win games against other pro players all by himself, his team is really bad.

Calling Seagull bad in pro play is just plain laughable.

Sn4ke_911

Lol he's a top 5 DPS in the world. It's not like he can win games against other pro players all by himself, his team is really bad.

Calling Seagull bad in pro play is just plain laughable.

Seagull fanboy detected.

It's just his team that sucks.

jenniferlawrenceok.gif

Antiwhippy

Nah, I wasn't trying to imply she needs a nerf, as like with the other Tank Heroes, she's fine where she is.

But when playing Overwatch, I've been struggling with using Mei in Competitive Mode (again, I can only play Zenyatta, Zarya, and Lucio for so long before I get sick of them after playing a 100 matches). As much as I love her as a character, I'm starting to realize that her tool set is literally worthless against anyone with half a brain, and she isn't a counter to anyone.

She's a counter to rush strats on some maps, or at least if the luciyetta death ball isn't as stupid strong as it is now.

A few tweaks to her and then luciyetta (which is happening) and we might actually see her on defense more! Until pharmercy becomes a thing again.

This is my cuuuuuuurse....

Angel_DvA

Lucio survability need to be nerf too, it's annoying, dude has healing power, mobility, damage etc... Mercy looks so poor compare to him.

Seagull fanboy detected.

It's just his team that sucks.

jenniferlawrenceok.gif
There are plenty of other people here that would agree he's a top 5 DPS, I've seen those posts. Gods is inconsistent, Milo is dead weight as Rein(mainly because of his team), Pooks has weird ult timing, and Dummy is always the first to die. Enigma is really the only other player that can pull their own weight.

Seagull is the best player on that team. I don't see how you can argue that.

Anne

Actually Seagull is pretty good. Most of NRG is actually really good, just as a team they fail pretty regularly and there are certain things they just can't do. They also have a mediocre Lucio player and weak player picks into this meta. Like look at their character pool at top level play, it's kind of pathetic how little flexibility they have. Seagull himself is basically just a Genji bot.

Seagull/Enigma are still the best players on that team and could easily hang with any top team. Gods is close to being good but he chokes. Enigma still randomly throws. Pookz is the worst Lucio at that tournament level. And Milo is just kind of there.

I wouldn't be surprised. Not only have they been ramping up the Sombra teases, Gamescom is in a few days with a new trailer, plus they reworked the hero gallery screen in the summer games update to fit two new characters.
God damn can you imagine if they dropped Sombra and Doomfist at the same time? No build up at all for Doomfist, just drop him and surprise everyone.

It's just weird for NRG. One minute they are stomping the other team, then the next they are getting destroyed. I don't get it. That last Dorado match was a good example, and so was that Hollywood defense for them.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I reflected a scan arrow or whatever it's called and killed a Hanzo with it. Was funny as the blue scan orb started emanating from his corpse.

I wouldn't be surprised. Not only have they been ramping up the Sombra teases, Gamescom is in a few days with a new trailer, plus they reworked the hero gallery screen in the summer games update to fit two new characters.

Also:
Summer Games event ends on Monday, August 22.
Rumoured release date for Sombra, even before Summer Games started, was August 23, since the number 23 has been so heavily tied to her through various sources, and her being the 23rd character in the game. That date also is a Tuesday, the classic patch day.

Wait, TWO new character slots? I heard a few days ago it was just one... The more the merrier!

Yeah, they rearranged the character roster to easily fit 2 more character slots to get an even roster layout. If you look, you see 2 empty spots on each side of the lower row.

Anne

How do you be a bad lucio player at that level?

Lucio at that level is hard to play. You need communication and CD management and how to make a play with speedboost. If you notice NRG doesn't like to deathball. They're super bad at dealing with Lucio engages, they have bad ult timings, etc.

So either something is up with Pookz or their communication is really, really awful.

Blues1990

She's a counter to rush strats on some maps, or at least if the luciyetta death ball isn't as stupid strong as it is now.

A few tweaks to her and then luciyetta (which is happening) and we might actually see her on defense more! Until pharmercy becomes a thing again.

McCree, Junkrat, Tracer, and Genji basically have a guaranteed kill on her as soon as she pops out of her Cryo-Freeze, and she can't stop the likes of characters that can dash out of her Endothermic Blaster (Tracer & Genji especially). Yes, her ice is frustrating, but it doesn't do a lot of damage & can be countered by a good healer.

Really, with the exception of her limited crowd control ability, she has nothing that the other Heroes don't do better. Mei can be a liability than an asset to the team, as she's taking up a lot for a good player with actual killing potential. I'm not implying that "Gosh, she doesn't carry the team" , but Mei doesn't bring a lot to the team in comparison to anyone else, even in a controlled environment. She doesn't pose a major threat to any of the heroes of Overwatch.

Soulflarz

Banned
Lucio at that level is hard to play. You need communication and CD management and how to make a play with speedboost. If you notice NRG doesn't like to deathball. They're super bad at dealing with Lucio engages, they have bad ult timings, etc.

So either something is up with Pookz or their communication is really, really awful.

"Lucio is easy to play"
>heals 22% team damage

Every time :p

Sn4ke_911

There are plenty of other people here that would agree he's a top 5 DPS, I've seen those posts. Gods is inconsistent, Milo is dead weight as Rein(mainly because of his team), Pooks has weird ult timing, and Dummy is always the first to die. Enigma is really the only other player that can pull their own weight.

Seagull is the best player on that team. I don't see how you can argue that.

We're talking about the pro scene here. Top 5 DPS in PUBLIC maybe but they don't stand a chance against a team like Envy. Like i said Seagull is a pub stomper, he's good on public servers but more often than not fails to impress against a real pro team.

Also there are still other Genji's better than him, for example Shadder2k, hell even Seagull said it himself that Shadder is a better Genji than him.

Lol no one stands a chance against Envy, that's a terrible example. He's a top 5 DPS in the current pro scene. And to say he's a pub stomper is not entirely true. He loses plenty of matches and makes a lot of bad decisions, he even points those out while he's playing.

Somebody just doesn't like Seagull I think.

Sn4ke_911

Lol no one stands a chance against Envy, that's a terrible example. He's a top 5 DPS in the current pro scene. And to say he's a pub stomper is not entirely true. He loses plenty of matches and makes a lot of bad decisions, he even points those out while he's playing.

Somebody just doesn't like Seagull I think.

Where does that "top 5 DPS" even come from? source?

Yeah that's why i watch him everytime he's on, because i hate him so much.

Where does that "top 5 DPS" even come from? source?

Yeah that's why i watch him everytime he's on, because i hate him so much.
And you're calling me a fanboy, even though you watch him every time he's on. Ok, sure, whatever.

What's the point of arguing this? It's mostly opinion based, who really cares?

ISOM

What would it take for Ana to get picked at a higher rate in proplay? You would think her grenade would be a great use when people are popping support ults.

Anne

What would it take for Ana to get picked at a higher rate in proplay? You would think her grenade would be a great use when people are popping support ults.

For Lucio/Zenyatta to get nerfed.

Top 5 DPS NA is up in the air right now outside of like Talespin and Surefour. You could reasonably list like Taimou, Seagull, AZK, IDDQD(he plays in NA region) and not be wrong. Hell, you could start arguing Rapha or Reaver are in there if you want.

Zenyatta and Lucio getting toned down.
Both of them are so good right now that not picking them would be detrimental, and 3 supports lacks the DPS needed.

Sn4ke_911

And you're calling me a fanboy, even though you watch him every time he's on. Ok, sure, whatever.

I asked you a question.

So looks like you don't have a source and it was just a tales from your ass post.

That's why you're a fanboy, saying Seagull is top 5 DPS and don't even have a source for it.

I watch them all, Shadder, Harryhook, Chips etc. not just Seagull.

Fanboy

I asked you a question.

So looks like you don't have a source and it was just a tales from your ass post.

That's why you're a fanboy, saying Seagull is top 5 DPS and don't even have a source for it.

I watch them all, Shadder, Harryhook, Chips etc. not just Seagull.

Fanboy
Sorry, but that's just my opinion. There's no source because that's just what that is, opinion. I've heard people say that they think Talespin sucks lol. Please, if you can provide a source saying he's not top 5, please do because you're not gonna find anything reliable because it's opinion based.

Seriously, you're just being an ass at this point, with the "ass post" and "fanboy" shit.

Antiwhippy

McCree, Junkrat, Tracer, and Genji basically have a guaranteed kill on her as soon as she pops out of her Cryo-Freeze, and she can't stop the likes of characters that can dash out of her Endothermic Blaster (Tracer & Genji especially). Yes, her ice is frustrating, but it doesn't do a lot of damage & can be countered by a good healer.

Really, with the exception of her limited crowd control ability, she has nothing that the other Heroes don't do better. Mei can be a liability than an asset to the team, as she's taking up a lot for a good player with actual killing potential. I'm not implying that "Gosh, she doesn't carry the team" , but Mei doesn't bring a lot to the team in comparison to anyone else, even in a controlled environment. She doesn't pose a major threat to any of the heroes of Overwatch.

In pubs where teamwork is close to non-existent maybe, but in higher level play where you have a tool that can turn 6v6 situations into 6v3 for 5 seconds? It's very powerful. I can do that in pubs too, it's just that there's more inconsistency if the team can take advantage of it.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Zenyatta and Lucio getting toned down.
Both of them are so good right now that not picking them would be detrimental, and 3 supports lacks the DPS needed.
You should watch the strat that was running Reinhardt, Zarya, and Roadhog, with Lucio, Zen, and Ana. They steamrolled. Can't remember the team though. Think they were from EU.

Sn4ke_911

Sorry, but that's just my opinion. There's no source because that's just what that is, opinion. I've heard people say that they think Talespin sucks lol. Please, if you can provide a source saying he's not top 5, please do because you're not gonna find anything reliable because it's opinion based.

Seriously, you're just being an ass at this point, with the "ass post" and "fanboy" shit.

Then say so. Why should i provide a source? i don't know if he is, maybe, maybe not, maybe go fuck yourself
That's a quote from the movie The Departed

No but seriously idk if he is but you made it sound like you know for sure so i was curious if you can back it up.

Anyway lets move on...

Veelk

Banned
Thank you slightconfuse for the good games.

After just getting my shit kicked in for the last two days, that comeback winstreak is exactly what I needed. :)

Anne

In the current meta I think Taimou is better than Talespin. He lost Pharah, meanwhile Taimous McCree is insane.

I think Talespin can outshine him just on his character variety. Talespin's Genji/Tracer/Pharah/Mei are all at the top. I value that flexibility and his high consistency, but Taimou does have better aim. You could argue that either way, Taimou is obviously mad good and I'd put them both in top 5.

You should watch the strat that was running Reinhardt, Zarya, and Roadhog, with Lucio, Zen, and Ana. They steamrolled. Can't remember the team though. Think they were from EU.

I'm sure there's niche/surprise strats that might work for one game. That kind of stuff won't work regularly, though.

Either way, Ana is great, but as it stands, her CC isn't strong enough to compete with Discord Orb and Speed Boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom