• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeTeeCee

Finished the placement matches of my inaugural Ranked season. As a solo player:

5 wins, 5 losses, with an initial SR of 2443.

I have no idea what to make of that number at all. I don't know if I even have it in me to keep playing ranked.

Finished the placement matches of my inaugural Ranked season. As a solo player:

5 wins, 5 losses, with an initial SR of 2443.

I have no idea what to make of that number at all. I don't know if I even have it in me to keep playing ranked.

That's pretty much totally average, or maybe slightly above.

R0ckman

What the heck. What's wrong with some people. One of the aspects that was holding me back of buying this game was, apart from the control, the community. When I was really into multiplayer games on consoles, I could get way too angry by some assholes instead of killing time.

Maybe you should try your luck through social networks like Twitter and warn Blizzard. I have the feeling that they usually pay more attention through those channels.

I would definitely lower the DPI. Maybe that was part of the problem when I tried to use snipers. And I would practice for sure because I want to play the game everytime that I have free time!
Thanks. :)

Wait, you guys gave me an idea. Maybe I can use a Move Navigation Controller:
B002I0K6X6.01.sm.jpg

They are cheaper than anything I have seen so far. I am going to search if somebody has done it already.

Doesnt work to well because the driver that works the best for it is old and buggy, also causes crashes.

The other options to make ps nav work cause an in game bug where the game flickers between controls as you would be using part mouse and part controller as the game looks at the nav as a controller not keyboard inputs. Sone characters like hanzo will really be screwed up.

Jarate

Banned
You could also theoretically just use a 360 controller and just hold it in one hand, not the best ergonomics, but it's what my friend does when he plays TF2.

I would consider playing something a bit less competitive with your first M+KB game because it can get very frustrating. Did you ever play an MMO or a hotkey based game? Those taught me how to hotkey really well.

Jellie

So whats the 50th percentile and will it change over the season by much?
Overbuff suggests 2100, masteroverwatch suggests 2500.

matmanx1

All of my friends are on PS4 and my PC is almost never even plugged in.

Come make new friends with us!

I do understand though. Overwatch is best played with friends. I've had some very fun games on the PS4 just because I was playing with RL friends.

It's not like either version is going away anytime soon so the good news is you have plenty of time to pick up the PC version whenever you feel like it.

Jarate

Banned
Come make new friends with us!

I do understand though. Overwatch is best played with friends. I've had some very fun games on the PS4 just because I was playing with RL friends.

It's not like either version is going away anytime soon so the good news is you have plenty of time to pick up the PC version whenever you feel like it.

I didnt come to this forum to make friends, I came to this forum to shitpost

R0ckman

I had a comp match where I was Tracer in the back lines killing supports and prevented Torb from setting up turrets the entire game, dude on our team says I did nothing the whole game. Some people its almost like not even having a player in the game, people are concerned about leavers when there are people even worse than being a man down.

I had a comp match where I was Tracer in the back lines killing supports and prevented Torb from setting up turrets the entire game, dude on our team says I did nothing the whole game. Some people its almost like not even having a player in the game, people are concerned about leavers when there are people even worse than being a man down.

But he didn't see you, so you have no proof.

ZangBa

I was a never a big fan of using Mei until lately, just practicing characters in the brawl. The satisfaction of blocking Soldier's ultimate is just too good. I'm a big fan of just controlling space in any competitive game.

In season 1 I ended at rank 40, and my placement matches this season went 5-5. I ended up 2150. I have played a few games since, and have only gone down further. :(

It sucks because yesterday afternoon I won 3 in a row and went up 85 points in total, and then lost 1 and went down 90. I don't get it.

Jarate

Banned

Honestly, a useless player is worse then them not existing. They don't feed, they don't take heals away, theres no one to assume competence from

Jacqli

Doesnt work to well because the driver that works the best for it is old and buggy, also causes crashes.

The other options to make ps nav work cause an in game bug where the game flickers between controls as you would be using part mouse and part controller as the game looks at the nav as a controller not keyboard inputs. Sone characters like hanzo will really be screwed up.
Crap. It would have been too good to be true. Still, I am going to buy one because I found them pretty cheap (9€) and check it out. If it works with some character, I could see how it controls before buying the good one (if I can, because I need to make sure first if they ship to my country).

The other two brands of chuck style controls are Aimon and Tuact Venom, that I know of.
Thanks for this also. :)

You could also theoretically just use a 360 controller and just hold it in one hand, not the best ergonomics, but it's what my friend does when he plays TF2.

I would consider playing something a bit less competitive with your first M+KB game because it can get very frustrating. Did you ever play an MMO or a hotkey based game? Those taught me how to hotkey really well.
I am so desperate that I might try that option!
And nope, MMO is a genre that does not draw my attention and I have only played adventure graphic and strategy games before. All genres too focused on the mouse. I bought some shooters for PC (DOOM, Outlast…) so I could try to get used to it through them, but I actually want to play Overwatch.

DevilDog

In season 1 I ended at rank 40, and my placement matches this season went 5-5. I ended up 2150. I have played a few games since, and have only gone down further. :(

It sucks because yesterday afternoon I won 3 in a row and went up 85 points in total, and then lost 1 and went down 90. I don't get it.

It depends on what the skill rating of your enemies, and your performance as well.
If you got carried lets say in those 3 games, your rank won't increase greatly, however if you lose, it will cost you a lot.

Anne

Just learn M/KB. It's better in the long run if you decide to play this game for more than a month or anything else on your PC for that matter.

You're gonna suck starting out. That's fine, go suck in QP for a bit until you eventually stop sucking. It takes less time than you think.

If you wanna play with people on PC, come join us in the discord. We typically don't care if people suck as long as they're nice and put in a bit of effort (by effort I mean just don't troll us).

In fact I still have to do a bit more QP so if people are up to it later we can play around.

R0ckman

Crap. It would have been too good to be true. Still, I am going to buy one because I found them pretty cheap (9€) and check it out. If it works with some character, I could see how it controls before buying the good one (if I can, because I need to make sure first if they ship to my country).

Thanks for this also. :)

I am so desperate that I might try that option!
And nope, MMO is a genre that does not draw my attention and I have only played adventure graphic and strategy games before. All genres too focused on the mouse. I bought some shooters for PC (DOOM, Outlast…) so I could try to get used to it through them, but I actually want to play Overwatch.

The controller in one hand mouse in other causes the input flicker in game.

I've played kbm for a long time and always thought wasd sucked for movement in 3D games. I think its really bad in this and with the chaotic nature and abilities accidental button presses make it worse. I like the chuck because only have to rely on 2 of my fingers.

Played my final competitive placement match last night. Me and a buddy were grouped with a group of 4. One of them was on voice chat, talking to the rest of them presumably in a third party program. Hanamura, we didn't manage to cap A. Defense starts, all 4 of them rush the spawn. They die, me and my buddy get rolled and we lose the match. Now I'm placed at 1950. Fuck, i'm salty about this.

ISOM

Nothing grinds me more than people who switch up a comp that dominated for the hell of it. And then we end up losing badly.

Pilgrimzero

Have lost every comp game today so far, One guy who I did 2 games with took Bastion every time. Attack or Defend.

One game we wouldnt have had a healer if I hadnt switched to one.

And boy is Junkrat a popular choice.

Kito

A lot of people are discussing that Blizzard should nerf Mercy's ultimate because it's too strong. People say her ultimate require no skill and cancels out ultimates that require skill and it's the reason why we see a lot of Mercy POTGs now.

I honestly don't agree that it requires no skill, there is timing to it and just like using her ultimate in a right time can win the game, using the ultimate in the wrong time can actually cost you the game too. And you must choose whom you resurrect carefully to know which will help in the situation. Resurrecting a Junkrat is not the same as resurrecting a Reinhardt.

But I could be wrong here, what you guys think ?

If a Mercy cancels your ult, that's your fault for not killing her first. Smart players only start their ult once Mercy is in LOS.

Imo, the best way to play Mercy is to continuously rez single/double targets that don't die in ults, and a fast charge rate is necessary for that.

R0ckman

Anyone play Rein and have brain dead teams that don't push with you when you get nano boosted? They just hang back expecting you to rack up kills?

Anyone play Rein and have brain dead teams that don't push with you when you get nano boosted? They just hang back expecting you to rack up kills?

All the time. People feel like chokepoints are a hard and fast thing, when we can just walk past them when they're undefended or we get a kill or two.

I have to tell people which way I'm going and that I'm not going to hold up if I see an opening.

Even then I often get "Why did Rein leave" on chat when there's a good opening and no one takes it.

I can barely get my Soldiers to stand behind my shield at all, let alone anyone else. Follow me when there's NO shield? Bwahahaha... no.

Ramirez

I don't know why, but people who spam Thanks! and the like are really starting to grind my gears. It does nothing but bring the morale down, and usually the person spamming starts playing like a complete moron.

Reinhardt's spamming I need healing, but instead of shielding up and letting me heal them, they charge immediately after spamming, then spam Thanks after they die, fuck off man.

Anyone ranked gold/near-platinum on PC want to start playing as a team on evenings? Or if someone around these levels needs a healer, I could maybe be your guy.

I have a mic, am always willing to communicate and chat about strategy, understand the importance of shot calling, enjoy general composition strategy and am willing to listen and adjust to whatever we are facing.

I can play a pretty good mercy or lucio but can DPS when needed and I've been practicing some reinhardt here and there.

Mostly looking for people who prioritize team play and play after 5:30pm or so (pacific time). Let me know and let's play. I can't handle too many more Reinhardts charging away from team and into a 6-man enemy fight or a lucio who randomly ults for no reason after we pretty much wiped the entire enemy team etc etc... Or remember that time when none of your DPS switched heroes to counter pharah? =)

Add me dude. I'm plat, usually play tanks, always on comms. darkatnight#1407

You guys mind if I add you? I've been getting frustrated lately and looking for more people to play with. I'm Maple#1228 if you want to check stats or add. I usually duo queue with my wife these days who mains all three support healers. I can play pretty much anything.

I was Diamond on PTR before the rank adjustment patch, tanked to 2500 after the patch and then maintained 2700-2800. Worst placement matches of all time put me at 2100 but I climbed to 2300 relatively quickly. Been in a lull as of late and bouncing around between 2100 and 2200. Can't seem to make much progress.

Mainly looking for people that are chill and don't get super titled from a loss or losing game and can just communicate and have fun while also trying their best to win. I can't stand playing with rude people. I use mic and communicate.

I don't know why, but people who spam Thanks! and the like are really starting to grind my gears. It does nothing but bring the morale down, and usually the person spamming starts playing like a complete moron.

Reinhardt's spamming I need healing, but instead of shielding up and letting me heal them, they charge immediately after spamming, then spam Thanks after they die, fuck off man.
I hate it when people spam that their ultimate is charging -_-

Never group up with me, then. Spamming ult charge while waiting for the round to start is like half the fun of this game.
Well that I'm ok with because that part of the match is just for screwing around. I spam hello before a match starts all the time.

But when it gets spammed in the middle of the match and they do it every chance they get....not cool. I had a Hanzo do this every second it wasn't on cooldown.

I'm sorry but you guys need some thicker skin or something. Why would you automatically assume that an emote is a negative thing?

You realize you have 5 other teammates that could be talking to each other, right? Like, if I'm a pharah, and I've got a pocket Mercy on me, and we both die, but after we took out 2 or 3 players, I'm going to thank my Mercy, because she helped me. I'm not thanking her sarcastically to shit on her or the rest of my team. And I'm not "thanking" the rest of my team for not killing the other 3 or 4 players.

There are countless reasons to thank some one, and a very large majority of them involve being sincere. Don't let the very small minority bother you so much.

I once spammed "I need healing" as Lucio for a full round of defense on Anubis point B, because no one wanted to play support that round and our reaper was being annoying about it.

People gave me so much shit for that match but I had way too much fun playing and spamming it just enough to not be on cooldown.

I had 3 golds that match too.

"SOMEONE CALL A DOCTOR"

I'm sorry but you guys need some thicker skin or something. Why would you automatically assume that an emote is a negative thing?

You realize you have 5 other teammates that could be talking to each other, right? Like, if I'm a pharah, and I've got a pocket Mercy on me, and we both die, but after we took out 2 or 3 players, I'm going to thank my Mercy, because she helped me. I'm not thanking her sarcastically to shit on her or the rest of my team.

There are countless reasons to thank some one, and a very large majority of them involve being sincere. Don't let the very small minority bother you so much.

They're talking about spamming it after dying. Not using it for it's intended purpose lol.

LiK

You realize you have 5 other teammates that could be talking to each other, right? Like, if I'm a pharah, and I've got a pocket Mercy on me, and we both die, but after we took out 2 or 3 players, I'm going to thank my Mercy, because she helped me. I'm not thanking her sarcastically to shit on her or the rest of my team.

only "thanks" pisses me off cuz they do it when we're losing and spamming it constantly. i tend to spam "understood" in return and it usually pisses them off so whatever lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom