• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

You should have to win the map as it is normally the checkpoints shouldn't move. I think its fucking stupid that they do.

??????????

There's nothing stupid about this at all. If anything, this is the fairest ruleset next to KotH maps. The real bullshit are the Assault maps where you capture the points way faster than the other team did, but still have to play more rounds based on time difference.

I really don't understand what's so bad about it.

Let's say you made it halfway to the third point in 3 minutes.

They pushed it just as far in 2 minutes.

Are you saying that you should've won that? Now that's bullshit.

I honestly don't get the complaint.

Do better on attack next time. As the 1st attacking team you literally set your own win conditions.

Take the L and move on.

ricelord

funny when i thought of this, just had a game were my team only had 1:26 in overtime on Hollywood and we off my 30 meters to the last point while the other team had 2:38 and only got the payload half way on the map to lose the game.

Demoskinos

No, I'm saying It should have been a tie. But also I'm pretty tilted right now cause I've lost all my points thanks to people bailing mid-match so my dislike of this rule is just one more thing to add to an already shit night playing Overwatch.

No, I'm saying It should have been a tie. But also I'm pretty tilted right now cause I've lost all my points thanks to people bailing mid-match so my dislike of this rule is just one more thing to add to an already shit night playing Overwatch.
But they did it faster than you did, meaning they played the match better.

The team that plays better wins, duh.

duckroll

You could have forced them to play for a tie if you managed to get the payload to the final point. You failed in doing that. It's entirely your fault. There is nothing wrong with the rules. You didn't push the maximum distance, so you have nothing to complain about! Failures don't get to complain!

Whatever. I don't like the rule. Doesn't make sense to you? ¯_(ツ)_/¯
I wonder if you would complain if you won the way they did 🤔

I seriously don't get how hard it is to understand how they did better than you, but whatever.

It doesn't make sense to me because it is literally nonsensical. It seems I'm not the only one who thinks this.

I have no luck with matchmaking comp games today. Two matches in a row I'm stuck with people playing Mercy who are only healing their buddies. So infuriating.

As someone who solo queued and ended up playing Mercy with a bunch of crybabies who didn't want to change their roles, and then proceeded to get repeatedly nuked due to dps not paying attention and protecting me, I'd love to get in a situation where I had even one reliable dps guarding me.

Whatever. I don't like the rule. Doesn't make sense to you? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You don't like the fact that all the other team had to do to WIN was push the payload further than you because your team couldn't even manage to finish the map? Seriously?

Next time do your job as a team, Finish the map when you're attacking and Stop the other team from finishing when you're defending.

Again if you're the 1st attacking team, the ball is your court, you set the win conditions and it's not the other team's fault you squandered that opportunity.

That was interesting...

I get boosted as a Dva, run around trying to kill the enemy team around the point.

Enemy Mei ults.
I see an opening an click self destruct
Allied Junkrat Ults

Riptire runs to the mei, mei is beside my mech. Both explode at the same time.

And then my PC crashes.

Mei channelled her inner Sombra. Thankfully it was QP.

xaosslug

i wonder why KotH is such a difficult game mode for peeps? I've been in groups w/ peeps that cakewalk payload/assault maps, but once a control point map comes up the team completely falls apart. -___-

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
when I see the start of the match where my team on defense is in the worst position to defend from can i just take a mulligan, blizzard?

Alucrid

Banned
placed at like 2713, not bad. went 6-4 (i think). seem to only win when playing rein on non control maps

also had this stupid shit happen lol

PejNJyu.gif

Moonkeis

when I see the start of the match where my team on defense is in the worst position to defend from can i just take a mulligan, blizzard?

Everytime I'm with a team where everyone is standing near the enemy spawn to defend...I just stay back and watch the steam role take place.

R0ckman

Very hard to DPS in this game with bad teammates, too many times I'm slowly getting kills and notice my entire team is dead. Eventually the enemy team knows to focus me. Even in comp solo queue when you do good you have to hope you are lucky enough to get a dumb team that won't focus you. I had a quickplay game where I was soldier and was doing so good, enemy players were actually stopping their engagements with my other teammates to kill me.

NimbusD

Welp, new day of implementing the quitting once you hit 2 losses rule is in effect. Went 1-2, ugh. would have quit at 1-1 but I was annoyed that my overall SR was a net loss even though I went both games with mostly golds and making great plays that helped us win points.

Then of course the next game the first round w us on defense was over in like a minute flat. THey just steamrolled us. Died three times and each time, full team, take out one or two people, turn around and its the rest of the enemy team running right at me and my teams either dead or who the fuck knows (had a junkrat lobbing grenades from a 'safe' distance, racking up damage but not actually doing anything helpful, like contesting the point...)

We actually managed to take both points and bring it to the second round, where we ACTUALLY almost got both points within a minute. I stepped off the pt for a second and round ended when I had my S76 ult and a bunch of squishies in front of me, would have been epic, but that was all my fault for not realizing I shouldnt step off the pt.

Final round, I pick mercy because we had 1 healer and they werent doing their job and keeping peopel alive. As mercy I was doing pretty good, then the enemy team broke in and our team can't focus for shit. Charging reinhart all alone? Well he lived through the whole thing *shrug emote*. My team, instead of making sure I was protected, told me to hide so I can res when they all die... ugh. maybe just don't expect to die and use my heals and damage to stay alive and kill people.

So predictibly no one was protecting the healer, the other team saw that and took me out, thus no res.

Frustrating past two days, but learning from season 1 and taking a step away. It's crazy to look at overbuff and see almost all my stats regularly going up and my SR starting to plummet.

R0ckman

Welp, new day of implementing the quitting once you hit 2 losses rule is in effect. Went 1-2, ugh. would have quit at 1-1 but I was annoyed that my overall SR was a net loss even though I went both games with mostly golds and making great plays that helped us win points.

Then of course the next game the first round w us on defense was over in like a minute flat. THey just steamrolled us. Died three times and each time, full team, take out one or two people, turn around and its the rest of the enemy team running right at me and my teams either dead or who the fuck knows (had a junkrat lobbing grenades from a 'safe' distance, racking up damage but not actually doing anything helpful, like contesting the point...)

We actually managed to take both points and bring it to the second round, where we ACTUALLY almost got both points within a minute. I stepped off the pt for a second and round ended when I had my S76 ult and a bunch of squishies in front of me, would have been epic, but that was all my fault for not realizing I shouldnt step off the pt.

I Jungrat.

Alucrid

Banned

Final round, I pick mercy because we had 1 healer and they werent doing their job and keeping peopel alive. As mercy I was doing pretty good, then the enemy team broke in and our team can't focus for shit. Charging reinhart all alone? Well he lived through the whole thing *shrug emote*. My team, instead of making sure I was protected, told me to hide so I can res when they all die... ugh. maybe just don't expect to die and use my heals and damage to stay alive and kill people.

So predictibly no one was protecting the healer, the other team saw that and took me out, thus no res.

Frustrating past two days, but learning from season 1 and taking a step away. It's crazy to look at overbuff and see almost all my stats regularly going up and my SR starting to plummet.

but as mercy you actually do want to hide and let your team die when you have the ult

Yeah I always quit after 2 straight losses now (Or repeated frustrating matches), nothing good ever comes out of trying to break the streak except more losses.

NimbusD

but as mercy you actually do want to hide and let your team die when you have the ult

Yeah I get that, but when everyones on the point and you're playing a team that is paying attention, you can't really just walk around the corner w/o anyone noticing, then I'm alone around the corner by myself. It's basically asking me to go die somewhere in that scenario.

duckroll

Yeah I get that, but when everyones on the point and you're playing a team that is paying attention, you can't really just walk around the corner w/o anyone noticing, then I'm alone around the corner by myself. It's basically asking me to go die somewhere in that scenario.

Mercys shouldn't be walking. They should be flying.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really don't know why there isn't a scoreboard in competitive mode

I really don't know why there's not a scoreboard in a game that's trying to push esports.

HiiiLife

Really trying to get good with Pharah on console. She's gonna my go to attacker. It's been a good night of Overwatch. Went like 10-2 today. 2 draws as well.

duckroll

He probably means a stats breakdown that you get at the end of the game except you can view the ones for the rest of your team as well as the other team.

That's not something that should ever be implemented for the player UI, because OW is doing it right, by showcasing the stats that matter to the player, rather that giving the false impression of how well players are doing individually when the team effort matters more. You can have a Mei or Junkrat getting absolutely zero direct kills but doing a vital job of blocking off an entrance so the team can focus on another.

What is shocking though, is that Overwatch has an absolutely crap and non-existent spectator system. No spectator mode at all in Competitive, worthless barebones spectator system everywhere else. For an esports game, it's super laughable.

HiiiLife

Was playing with a random who was getting spammed messages for picking Widow in ranked.

"Plz change to anybody else. Plz."

*switched to Hanzo*

*meltdown*

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's not something that should ever be implemented for the player UI, because OW is doing it right, by showcasing the stats that matter to the player, rather that giving the false impression of how well players are doing individually when the team effort matters more. You can have a Mei or Junkrat getting absolutely zero direct kills but doing a vital job of blocking off an entrance so the team can focus on another.

What is shocking though, is that Overwatch has an absolutely crap and non-existent spectator system. No spectator mode at all in Competitive, worthless barebones spectator system everywhere else. For an esports game, it's super laughable.

Showing the score of the Widowmaker or Hanzo or Reaper that has no kills, no assists, no destructions, no caps, shows that player that they're not doing something right and should try something different rather than them pointing at someone else and saying 'your hero is the problem'

A scoreboard isn't just KDA. There is nothing right about promoting ignorance in their 'serious' mode.

duckroll

Funny story about widows:

Earlier this week I had a game with a solo queue widow. We were a 5 stack premade. Anubis. Everyone was judging the widow pick on discord and we were really skeptical. We did great on defend. On attack... still widow. More doubts. We did great and won. Widow got PotG. We were throwing praise in the chat. Widow then says he had the chat window closed the whole game because of fear of people judging his pick. Lol.

I still feel like even with the buff Hanzo is mostly booty.

Yeah, if the other team has a bunch of squishies I'm sure it's open season on corner sniping people but all it takes is one competent tank to send Hanzos most scurrying.

ISOM

Was playing with a random who was getting spammed messages for picking Widow in ranked.

"Plz change to anybody else. Plz."

*switched to Hanzo*

*meltdown*

I usually am alright with Widow picks but will ask to change if you're not killing anyone. A nice guy even said that he knows when he's dead weight so he'll change if not contributing which is all I ask for obscure character picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom