• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinluck

Ana is fucking amazing on Attack on the Hollywood Payload Map.

Just give me Rein, another healer, and we in there as long as the rest of the team doesn't fuck us up.

Kwixotik

Haven't been able to play much this week because of school and going to shows. After putting in like 40 hours last week I'm fiending to get back to it this weekend lol.

To anyone I've been playing with: I have not disappeared - I shall return.

Spinluck

Whenever I see Tracers that run in straight lines and strafe super predictably, I feast.

Same for shitty Genji's that don't know how to flip or escape.

LiK

Got Diamond right before AA6 comes out later today. Good timing, think I'll take a break and also avoid the free weekend mess.

This season I'm seeing a lot of Zarya and Mei. In fact, on KotH in particular, Mei vs Mei battles are common place and can easily define the game.

I love a good zarya vs mei battle as well.
It's so satisfying waiting until your on the edge of being frozen then dropping the bubble to instantly come back to life and melt her face :)

Ana is fucking amazing on Attack on the Hollywood Payload Map.

Just give me Rein, another healer, and we in there as long as the rest of the team doesn't fuck us up.

Ana is very good on payload attack in general. Mainly due to allies tending to group up around the payload so its far easier to land grenade heals and shots on the team. Far easier to operate from behind the payload and heal teammates from there. On defense people tend to move around alot making it harder to heal everyone.

antitrop

6VA5hh6.png

Well then you can just eat my icicles from midrange then. :p

Haha, for two different characters I think it's a pretty even match up. It usually comes down to who the better player is.

But if zarya starts the dual with 50+ energy I'd give her the edge. 70+ zarya always. 90+ zarya beats a team of 6 meis.

Tfw on King's Row when the Roadhog on ur team says u suck ass Tracer and should trade with one of the healers cuz u keep getting sniped by randy icles not even meant for u from fuckin Mei but then u contest the point solo in OT long enough for ur teammates to clean up and then u turn that shit on and proceed to go 26 in 4 in that round alone and most time on the objective and Gold elims that match.

baderas.gif

HiiiLife

I put Discord on right click and that seems to be a lot better than E.

Maybe it's because it was quick play but denying Zarya/Mei/Rein combo ults with Zens tranquility is satisfying. Loved taking out bigger foes with him.

Really trying to practice more with the characters whose guns aren't hit scan. I will be top 100 Pharah player someday lol.

antitrop

Maybe it's because it was quick play but denying Zarya/Mei/Rein combo ults with Zens tranquility is satisfying. Loved taking out bigger foes with him.

Really trying to practice more with the characters whose guns aren't hit scan. I will be top 100 Pharah player someday lol.
Zenyatta is a monster. He's my favorite character to play right now and I was mostly a Roadhog/Mercy/Lucio guy last season.

Jacqli

Just learn M/KB. It's better in the long run if you decide to play this game for more than a month or anything else on your PC for that matter.

You're gonna suck starting out. That's fine, go suck in QP for a bit until you eventually stop sucking. It takes less time than you think.

If you wanna play with people on PC, come join us in the discord. We typically don't care if people suck as long as they're nice and put in a bit of effort (by effort I mean just don't troll us).

In fact I still have to do a bit more QP so if people are up to it later we can play around.
Thanks for the invitation! The problem is that I still do not feel comfortable playing with known users, I do not troll and always try my best but my best is relative in this case. And all of you are most likely waaaay above my level (not only regarding skill). But appreciated!

The controller in one hand mouse in other causes the input flicker in game.

I've played kbm for a long time and always thought wasd sucked for movement in 3D games. I think its really bad in this and with the chaotic nature and abilities accidental button presses make it worse. I like the chuck because only have to rely on 2 of my fingers.
I said that becase I saw this video while looking for information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BhEauPRXnY Apparently it works, I do not know, although one of the comments is complaining about issues with a pair of characters. It's just 9€ so it might be worth the shot, even if it does not work with this game, I might use it for other shooters and see how this control scheme is before spending a decent amount of money on the ones you mentioned.

And as to the second paragraph, I totally agree. I have never seen the appeal of playing with a keyboard. I did not buy it on PS4 because of the paid online and I also thought that would not be such a bad idea to get used to KB+M. But I am starting to regret it.

I am going to play a match before studying, wish me luck and miracles!

Anne

Thanks for the invitation! The problem is that I still do not feel comfortable playing with known users, I do not troll and always try my best but my best is relative in this case. And all of you are most likely waaaay above my level (not only regarding skill). But appreciated!

Well, like I said skill level is whatever. We can be pretty accommodating, but it's okay if you don't wanna do anything. If you just wanna hang in the discord chatroom and meet us come on whenever.

Rad-

Zen is so good if you can land your shots after discording.

I love playing Zen now that they buffed his projectile sizes a bit. I think he's going to become my most played s2 hero soon. Starting to get pretty good with his secondary fire as well. Had a few back row Mercy/Lucio snipes yesterday with it. I also think the secondary fire is pretty good against Zarya's shields because when the shields go up you start charging and when they go down you hit with that nice spike damage.

And congrats LiK!

Im currently stuck between 27XX and 28XX win one lose one sigh.

Just want that diamond.

Atleast had another great match on kings row with Hanzo. Kings Row is the Hanzo map.

Anne

I fully trust that all of my QP stats on Overbuff are 100% accurate and are in no way false

I believe this are representative of the average QP game I have and not single games that were fetched because the server shat its pants.

PatjuhR

Schermafbeelding_2016_09_08_om_10_44_39.png

This season is the first I used Zenyatte in comp matches, because I kinda only got to learn him in last QP period. Became a fan and I'm pretty happy about last matches with him.

I fully trust that all of my QP stats on Overbuff are 100% accurate and are in no way false

I believe this are representative of the average QP game I have and not single games that were fetched because the server shat its pants.

Overbuff numbers are a bit wacky in some areas. Especially with the QP data. The comp data is good though. I also have a few messed up chars on my overbuff stats.

I think MasterOverwatch has more accurate numbers but I don't really like their page as much.

edit: Yeah...overbuff is pretty buggy in some areas.

Greddleok

Over 10k healing, 17% of team damage healed.

Suicidal Reinhardt and Junkrat. Stressful game! Seriously considering maining Mercy now. Getting good at just being a slippery angel.

Nyx

Rank 2358 after the placement matches. (6-4)
As I started out at rank 46 in S1 (also 6-4) this seems exactly right. :)

JoeNut

Over 10k healing, 17% of team damage healed.

Suicidal Reinhardt and Junkrat. Stressful game! Seriously considering maining Mercy now. Getting good at just being a slippery angel.

She's definitely my favourite hero so far (i'm a newby level 16 though)
seem to get POTG and highest votes a lot.

Greddleok

She's definitely my favourite hero so far (i'm a newby level 16 though)
seem to get POTG and highest votes a lot.

My favourite is still D.Va! Rarely get POTG, people know to GTFO when I ult, but that's kind of the point. Everyone leaves the area!

I wish I liked the DPS characters, I like 76 and Tracer. While I'm pretty good with 76, I'm TERRIBLE with Tracer.

I also found out you can rebind keys for specific characters. So my Lucio now has jump bound to L1 letting me bounce around and wall ride whilst aiming effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom