• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkie

This suspension system is a bit off. Joined a game, picked a character and got bumped to the rejoin screen, pressed rejoin - 10 minute ban. Over 600 games played never left early or got disconnected from a game before.

Ramirez

This suspension system is a bit off. Joined a game, picked a character and got bumped to the rejoin screen, pressed rejoin - 10 minute ban. Over 600 games played never left early or got disconnected from a game before.

I think if you quit/dc, you have to sit out the duration of that match regardless.

PatjuhR

Is there really only a 10 minute ban on leaving?

One single game is longer than that! Even in Rocket League you get 15 minute bans and those games are only 5 mins.

Hawkie

If there's a leave in ready up part it drops the game for everyone.

Yes, but if you are bumped instantly to the rejoin screen and try to rejoin = instant suspension? The game gives a 30ish second warning not to leave, surely that's to allow people to rejoin? I've seen tons of people leave and rejoin mid-match even.

jorma

is now taking requests
That's the player base trying to mentally condition you into being a support main.

Truth. I nearly always vote for the support, unless someone did something really spectacular.

And I never vote for Mei or Hanzo. Not once.

I'm not sure it's helping though :-X

LiK

Is there really only a 10 minute ban on leaving?

One single game is longer than that! Even in Rocket League you get 15 minute bans and those games are only 5 mins.

I think once you get the penalty, your account is flagged until you're back in good standing by completing an unknown amount of matches. If you keep leaving in that period, you'll eventually be banned for the season. That's what I heard from one of those OW Youtubers.

Even if the game hasn't started?

If you leave for any reason in Comp, you'll be penalized. Your team won't be but they'll still get a loss if they leave. Doesn't matter if it's in team setup.

Junkrats on attack 😩

Perfectly fine.

Ok i cannot think i can stand competitive mentality at the skill rank i am. People are bad at positionning and waiting for each other and then yell at everyone if something goes wrong. 2 Days of competitive 2 days of frustration.

I'm gonna take a break.

Blues1990

Mfw i get 4 Golds and 22K damage with Hanzo but no one votes for me

I had delt 26,000 (ish) damage during one match as Zarya, along with becoming the MVP, but everyone voted for our teams Mercy. Who did nothing. And wasn't reviving anyone. And had 500 healing.

It sometimes bites that everyone automatically up-votes the Support Hero, even when said hero will do jack shit during the match. But if a player had kept the team alive and was a well-rounded player, they'll get the single joke vote.

LiK

I had delt 26,000 (ish) damage during one match as Zarya, along with becoming the MVP, but everyone voted for our teams Mercy. Who did nothing. And wasn't reviving anyone. And had 500 healing.

It sometimes bites that everyone automatically up-votes the Support Hero, even when said hero will do jack shit during the match. But if a player had kept the team alive and was a well-rounded player, they'll get the single joke vote.

Yea, I don't blindly vote for bad players like that. I also like voting for Zens that constantly send me Harmony Orbs.

Blues1990

Yea, I don't blindly vote for bad players like that. I also like voting for Zens that constantly send me Harmony Orbs.

Not from my experience. I'll bubble the support units that are getting pinned (or are in too deep), and will follow up with tearing the enemy team apart, and the healers will insult me & say I should've saved them sooner. Or, in another case, I needed healing as Pharah, and both Mercy and Zen ignored me and we were all gunned down. And when we came back, they complained why my health was low and I failed to protect them.

But despite all that, the other players will upvote them post-game, 'cause they are "healing" and are team players!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Truth. I nearly always vote for the support, unless someone did something really spectacular.

And I never vote for Mei or Hanzo. Not once.

I'm not sure it's helping though :-X

I nearly got 10 votes as mei but I forgot to vote myself.

i feel like Mei now is how I thought Mei was since launch, if that makes sense

like I feel like when I'm up against a Mei now it's not any more terrifying than it was at launch, but when I play her now I feel like that's what I thought Mei always was if that makes sense.

kind of like how in your head those PS360 games have really good graphics so when a remaster is announced, even though it's leaps and bounds better, it just feels like you remember it.

Greddleok

Mei seems like a hero who is amazing if played well, but irritating to the point of actually getting in the way if played mediocre or badly.

Also fuck Mei.

She's definitely my favourite hero so far (i'm a newby level 16 though)
seem to get POTG and highest votes a lot.

Add me on PSN: hobojoehasabigis

I'm trying to level up a second account to play comp with my friend who's new to the game.

I'm usually on about 8-10 ish GMT

or add my proper PSN: PayOffWizard
But i'm level 200+ so the games maybe a bit tough if you're only level 16.

Blues1990

i feel like Mei now is how I thought Mei was since launch, if that makes sense

like I feel like when I'm up against a Mei now it's not any more terrifying than it was at launch, but when I play her now I feel like that's what I thought Mei always was if that makes sense.

kind of like how in your head those PS360 games have really good graphics so when a remaster is announced, even though it's leaps and bounds better, it just feels like you remember it.

I personally think she's in a better position then where she was originally, but I get what you're saying. Mei is definitely the Defense Hero that lives up to the concept of creating a huge number of headaches for the advancing hordes of enemy players to deal with.

Antiwhippy

Oh hey.

Got a match where this guy threw a massive hissy fit just because someone switched to reaper from soldier because he thought he wasn't doing enough as soldier. went from 1-0 to 1-2 because everybody was super down, in disarray and bickering back and forth. So me and some other dude tried to placate everyone, get them to calm down, and while the atmosphere was still a little tense (that guy who threw the hissy fit was a real bitch), we managed to pull ourselves together and won the match.

Sometimes you can meet some real toxicity in this playerbase but sometimes actively being nice can pay out. Sometimes you just get met with more toxicity but you might as well try.

Also unlocked rapid discord in that same match so bonus. :D

Gonna be repping pixel zenyetta forever. I've somehow managed to unlock all of zen's sprays.

Also the previous match someone thanked me for not being a shit mei so yay?

Auctopus

Three leavers in a row, three games lost in a row.

Fuck this.

Happened to me during placement. Now I can't get out of my 2500-3000 tier bracket where I'm grouped with horrendous players. Feels hopeless really, might try and party up with some Gaffers this weekend.

Antiwhippy

Man, just had a hell of a match as soldier. The red team was a pixel away from reaching the goal, but i managed to stop them and held them off with gold elims and 50% kill participation.

I'm kind of a shit soldier though. Still not used to tapping bursts so i spray more than i should.

And of course PotG goes to a hanzo ult because I'm playing at a tier where people still die from it.

Salarians

Get the entire group onto the point, kill everyone left on the enemy team, and most of my allies decide to run ahead instead of helping to actually capture the point. And, of course, the enemy gets past their scattered asses, kill those of us on the point before we can capture it, and we lose 😩

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Man, just had a hell of a match as soldier. The red team was a pixel away from reaching the goal, but i managed to stop them and held them off with gold elims and 50% kill participation.

I'm kind of a shit soldier though. Still not used to tapping bursts so i spray more than i should.

I'm not a great Solider either, but damn did I have a great match last night. Had gold elims as well. Other team couldn't get the first point on Gibraltar. Even managed to get a quad kill with the visor.

the only great Mei I've played with is MarioHead. he's a good Mei.

I'm a good Mei too :p

I'm way better as D.Va though.

Ugh, had such a frustrating game this morning.

Attacking on Dorado (quickplay mind you), and I chose Bastion as I've been known to do lately. I'm having a great game, and my teammates are doing well enough that we're progressing. I've been on fire since almost the very beginning of the match. We're not moving the payload super fast, but we're making progress.

We're struggling really hard getting inside the last building. I'm sitting at around 35 eliminations and 10,000 damage at this point.

For some reason, our only healer, a Mercy, decides she's had enough, so she switches to Bastion, too. You can imagine how south things go. We barely make it in the front door. I end up with 37 elim and 12K damage at the end and even get a card with a 17 elim streak.

I just have a hard time understanding how I was getting that many kills, and yet we weren't really making progress for the Payload.

patchday

wow got so wrapped up in Hearthstone havent been playing. Time to take a break from HS and get into season 2

Still seeing lots of Ana hate in this thread. Disappointing I think shes good

PatjuhR

That last part in Dorado can always be a game changer.

I remember a game a while ago where we were boosting trough the town inside the building. But we got nowhere after that. My teammates totally lost interest in the payload and the only thing they were doing is going on the higher level on the right and make kills.

It's like that last part does crazy things with people, because I had similar experiences like that.

Ramirez

Had a Lucio jump in front of my nano boost twice a minute ago. Not his fault, supports shouldn't even be able to receive it, frustrating.

Antiwhippy

Had a Lucio jump in front of my nano boost twice a minute ago. Not his fault, supports shouldn't even be able to receive it, frustrating.

WfQbJHz.jpg

frcvOBk.jpg

Greddleok

wow got so wrapped up in Hearthstone havent been playing. Time to take a break from HS and get into season 2

Still seeing lots of Ana hate in this thread. Disappointing I think shes good

There's just a lot of shitty Anas out there who end up doing basically no damage and basically no healing.

That happened to me (as the Lucio being boosted) in a game a few nights back... twice in the same match. The second time the Ana player actually apologized, but hey, I actually managed to get a kill each time, and I guess it's partially my fault for jumping around like crazy whenever I play as him.

Okay, so something I feel needs to be addressed here is Bastion's current placement on a team.

With the nerfs to Discord and Genji. Bastion has a chance to creep out of the shit hole and actually have a place in the meta.

However, because of the natural disdain for the character, teammates tend to shun him, and neglect that he's even on the team.

As a regular Bastion player (#66 on Overbuff) I notice that healers don't heal me. Mercy will give me a damage buff at the beginning of the game, and then it's good-bye Mercy. I'm lucky if I receive any attention from her at all for the next 2-9 minutes. Zenyatta doesn't bother with an orb, because he figures I can heal myself. Same with Ana for the most part.

On top of this, other characters very rarely try to pair up with me for any sort of synergy. People don't offer me any kind of protection, because the way they see it, I deserve to die because I made a bad choice.

However, what happens with Bastion is the same thing that happens with every other character really. Sometimes you lose a 1v1, but as a Bastion, chances are if I lose a 1v1, the winner has less than 50hp left to survive. Hell, Genji likes to get up close to reflect and not move. This means a lot of you just have to turn around and shoot a stationary target for a free/easy kill.

I say this because Bastion has crazy damage output. He prevents a lot of flankers from tearing up the backside of the team (tracer, mccree, pharah, 76). He eats Winston, Roadhog, and Zarya for breakfast, as well as puts crazy pressure on Reinhart due to the speed Bastion can destroy his shield. He picks off a lot of healers faster than they can use their escape methods.

All in all, his damage output is a crazy good asset. He just needs a little protection every now and then to really come out ahead.

I say this, because I want to encourage you guys to protect your Bastions. Sometimes it might be worth it.

Stop giving them the cold shoulder until they switch to something you consider to be worth it. Some of them might surprise you.

Some of them just might be shit, though.

Chance

I main Mercy and when a Bastion is puttin' in work, he gets my A game. But that's true for any player that's gettin' it done for the team.

Greddleok

Some of them are shit, but a good one can be a game changer as you said. I don't want to ignore team mates because I think their pick is a bad choice for some arbitrary reason like "it was the noob pick in the beta."

Antiwhippy

I do that in a "oh christ guess I have to babysit someone eh" kind of way.

And they never really impress me. Some are ok but I never feel like they made the strongest choice. But I'm an advocate of letting someone have a go first as long as they switch when things aren't working out. *wink**wink*Hanzo/torbjorn*wink**wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom