• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonkeis

That happened to me (as the Lucio being boosted) in a game a few nights back... twice in the same match. The second time the Ana player actually apologized, but hey, I actually managed to get a kill each time, and I guess it's partially my fault for jumping around like crazy whenever I play as him.

I've had that happen to me a few times as Lucio as well. It's just a moment of "What do I do with all this POWA?!".

Azoor

I feel bad for those who are actually really good at Hanzo, they might have people berating them for choosing even though it might help the team in the end.

I say this, because I want to encourage you guys to protect your Bastions. Sometimes it might be worth it.

Stop giving them the cold shoulder until they switch to something you consider to be worth it. Some of them might surprise you.

Some of them just might be shit, though.

As a healer, my priorities go to:

- Keeping front lines / tanks topped up
- DPS people low on health get healed if it doesn't put me too out of position
- People with self heals only get heals if they're in rough spots or need to keep attacking to hold the line (Mei / Bastion / Hog, etc)
- Ults get damage boosted, then healed as they get low (Pharah you have to babysit so it's more heals than boosting)
- Anyone else who is low gets topped up as needed
- L I N E O F S I G H T P L S

I feel bad for those who are actually really good at Hanzo, they might have people berating them for choosing even though it might help the team in the end.

Same for Symm players. Sadly the average player is awful at both lol.

When you see a Symm on KotH and you're not on the point and they are, good luck.

Greddleok

As a healer, when you see someone running away from you, out of LOS, how do you signal to them that you're not hiding behind a wall, you're actually over here, so come here and I'll heal you?

On PS4...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah I'm fine with good hanzo players, but there are a lot of bad ones out there.

As much as people like to meme about hanzo shooting logs he's a very feast or famine kind of character. Does insane spike damage but inconsistent DPS means that there are some days you are godlike and some days where you can't hit the inside of a barn.

Nazo

Good Bastions can be a scary thing! A friend of mine plays a pretty good offensive Bastion and he can put in work.

I don't get why healers wouldn't heal him. I don't play Mercy very often but even if its a Bastion I still heal them. They may have a self heal but if you stack that with Mercy's heal beam they're back in the fight twice as fast. There's literally no reason to not heal a Bastion except for stupid petty bullshit.

A lot of Bastions are shit though...

Prelude.

As a healer, when you see someone running away from you, out of LOS, how do you signal to them that you're not hiding behind a wall, you're actually over here, so come here and I'll heal you?

On PS4...
Can you "understood" on console? They should see an icon above your character.

Mutombo

I don't understand how, in competitive, I can still get absolutely wrecked by another team, even though you're playing against the same skill level. Some folks may be smurfing, and it doesn't happen often, but holy shit when it's a rape-fest it's absolutely no chance to do anything about it.

In my view, apart from playing against smurfers, the number one thing that gets people wrecked is:

people don't switch to counters. They stick with their DVA, Hanzo and Roadhogs, even though you're up against Zarya's, Pharas and whatever the counter to Roadhog is but if there aint a Reinhardt why should you pick Roadhog.

Then there is something I'm guilty off, and that's charging into the battle on my own. Sometimes I have to, Overtime and all, but sometimes I'm stupidly jumping into the battle as a Winston without my team to pick off the enemies who are now focussing on me. So yeah. Wait a few seconds before charging if everyone's dead.

I would like to say lack of skill, but you're supposed to be up against people of the same level.

xaosslug

tfw you roll w/ a ninja Junkrat that you barely see the entire match, but at the end he's got 20k+ damage and 59% kill participation. DAMN.

Mei seems like a hero who is amazing if played well, but irritating to the point of actually getting in the way if played mediocre or badly.

Also fuck Mei.

i played w/ a Mei once that was ahh-mei-zing on Numbani! When the enemy team would be pushing behind the Rein she would put up a wall separating them from the Rein and then we would eat the Rein alive or put up a wall behind the whole team and then ult. At one point she sent an ulting Reaper flying by putting a wall up underneath him. xD They got PotG, MVP, and the 10 vote legendary at the end.

Greddleok

i played w/ a Mei once that was ahh-mei-zing on Numbani! When the enemy team would be pushing behind the Rein she would put up a wall separating them from the Rein and then we would eat the Rein alive or put up a wall behind the whole team and then ult. At one point she sent an ulting Reaper flying by putting a wall up underneath him. xD They got PotG, MVP, and the 10 vote legendary at the end.

Yup! Some people are just awesome with that wall. Getting someone like that on your team, who also freezes 3+ players when you announce your ultimate is ready, is just so satisfying to play with.

Prelude.

Yeah, OK I'll try that. I normally just sigh and ignore them. Not going to put my ass in danger to save your ass.

Will try spamming "understood" until they understand.
This was also introduced with the new patch but I'm not sure I understand what it means.

When activating the "Needs healing" communication while targeting a teammate, Ana, Lúcio, Mercy, and Zenyatta will now tell allies to group up to receive healing. A marker will also appear above the player's head, allowing teammates to locate the healer more quickly

Is it automatic? Does that replace the "understood"? The "group up"?

Greddleok

This was also introduced with the new patch but I'm not sure I understand what it means.

Is it automatic? Does that replace the "understood"?

Huh, I did try that after reading the patch notes, but it just made me say "I need healing!" so I assumed it didn't work...

Also what does it mean by "targeting" does it mean "looking at" or does it mean that they have the little blue reticule that indicates they can be healed? If it's the latter...what's the point? They're already in healing range.

Prelude.

Huh, I did try that after reading the patch notes, but it just made me say "I need healing!" so I assumed it didn't work...

Also what does it mean by "targeting" does it mean "looking at" or does it mean that they have the little blue reticule that indicates they can be healed? If it's the latter...what's the point? They're already in healing range.
On PC it means you have to put the crosshair on the player, but unless I'm missing something it only works when binding the action to a key, not using the wheel.
Like, if I say hello with the wheel it just says "Prelude: Hello", if I use a key it says "Prelude to X: Hello".

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Been watching some south korean streams and "high noon" in south korean sounds way more badass than the english one.

Jellie

Kings row on defence and our Reinhardt charges at spawn and dies. Their roadhog picks off 3 with hooks and Reinhardt charges again as soon as he's back...
Thank God the game got cancelled.

R0ckman

Junkrat is really going to end up with a negative stigma about the player. In a match on Eichenwalde and we have no healer, guy mentions it, I notice we have a junkrat in the comp who I feel is not only the perfect slot waste that could go to a healer but was also blowing himself up in prep room. As I was about to type that our Junkrat doesn't look too promising, he switches to Lucio. We kick ass, get to the castle and after me and the Lucio die to a Mei and D.Va combo in the castle push, the Lucio switches back to junkrat and we eventually lose.

I honestly get paranoid picking Hanzo in comp.
Feel like im getting judged hard and need to prove myself.
Which is why i stick to only using him on Kings Row where i always play good with him.

I don't understand how, in competitive, I can still get absolutely wrecked by another team, even though you're playing against the same skill level. Some folks may be smurfing, and it doesn't happen often, but holy shit when it's a rape-fest it's absolutely no chance to do anything about it.

In my view, apart from playing against smurfers, the number one thing that gets people wrecked is:

people don't switch to counters. They stick with their DVA, Hanzo and Roadhogs, even though you're up against Zarya's, Pharas and whatever the counter to Roadhog is but if there aint a Reinhardt why should you pick Roadhog.

Then there is something I'm guilty off, and that's charging into the battle on my own. Sometimes I have to, Overtime and all, but sometimes I'm stupidly jumping into the battle as a Winston without my team to pick off the enemies who are now focussing on me. So yeah. Wait a few seconds before charging if everyone's dead.

I would like to say lack of skill, but you're supposed to be up against people of the same level.

Communcation is a very big part of things.

Being able to say, Reaper in the room on the right with about 50hp is crazy important.

X-Frame

Will Free Weekend players have access to Competitive if they hit Level 25?

I think I may sit out this weekend just in case.

Will Free Weekend players have access to Competitive if they hit Level 25?

I think I may sit out this weekend just in case.

Meh, even if they did, they'd have to place first before being thrown into regular comp games.

You're talking about investing the 12 hours it takes to reach level 25, then another 4 hours to place.

The odds of someone doing this, and then getting paired up with you in a match is extremely low.

Azoor

I honestly get paranoid picking Hanzo in comp.
Feel like im getting judged hard and need to prove myself.
Which is why i stick to only using him on Kings Row where i always play good with him.

Snipers really shine on King's Row because of all the high grounds.

Same for Symm players. Sadly the average player is awful at both lol.

When you see a Symm on KotH and you're not on the point and they are, good luck.

Sym, Ana, Hanzo, Bastion, Torb, Widowmaker. Many people get 2nd thoughts when they see them just cause the vast majority of them are absolute garbage. But the few that are good with them are really deadly. Unfortunately many people think they are good with some of them but they're trash.

Rad-

I've been getting worse players on diamond average so far than in mid 2500's. Just had a match where nobody except me as Zen and our Mercy wanted to push the cart wow. Our team average was 3200... Everyone was just frag hunting. Diamond is the real hell, not gold or platinum. Shockingly we lost that match and bye bye my winning streak bonus.

Truth. I nearly always vote for the support, unless someone did something really spectacular.

And I never vote for Mei or Hanzo. Not once.

I'm not sure it's helping though :-X

I very, very rarely will vote for a Hanzo, but he better have saved us multiple times with his ult and carried the rest. Never Bastion, for me. I don't care what it did. Never.

I always reward a great Mei, always and always. They change the game for a D.Va/ Rein/ Lucio like me. I feel very relieved when the highest level guy on our team chooses Mei or Mercy.

Otherwise, I will vote for the best healer, on the other team if my healer doesn't show up in the end cards. I also vote for myself if I heal, just to grease the wheels.

Jellie

I've been getting worse players on diamond average so far than in mid 2500's. Just had a match where nobody except me as Zen and our Mercy wanted to push the cart wow. Our team average was 3200... Everyone was just frag hunting. Diamond is the real hell, not gold or platinum. Shockingly we lost that match and bye bye my winning streak bonus.
Yeah diamond just seems to be very random cos you got people who are actually lower than they should be and some that are higher making matches unbalanced.

Decided not to main Lucio for season 2 but I gain more than I lose with him while I gain nothing with others. Decisions decisions.

I don't even bother. I just duck behind the nearest cover and hope for the best.

I've been checking because a bad McCree will let you kill him easily as he slowly moves. When I play Zen if I can get a bead on him I can at least trade kills at worst and at best he's down and out the ult or has to use it early.

Choose anyone except Widow. I see a Widow on our team and I wanna leave.

I've only played Widow twice and that was the counter Torb / Bastion from behind Rein shield when our team was having trouble.

She's a pain in the ass on King's Row too, if you're afraid or unable to reach the stairs to the right of the first chokepoint.

xaosslug

first match of the day, comp solo queue, Hollywood: win. T__T So far so gooooooood!

Yup! Some people are just awesome with that wall. Getting someone like that on your team, who also freezes 3+ players when you announce your ultimate is ready, is just so satisfying to play with.

i still think she's the devil, but I do appreciate a solid Mei on my team! :D

Choose anyone except Widow. I see a Widow on our team and I wanna leave.

i used to feel like this, but twice I've had insane Widowmakers that get 40+ eliminations, PotG, and cards at the end of the match so because of them I give peeps the benefit of the doubt... LOL

Rad-

Yeah diamond just seems to be very random cos you got people who are actually lower than they should be and some that are higher making matches unbalanced.

Decided not to main Lucio for season 2 but I gain more than I lose with him while I gain nothing with others. Decisions decisions.

I just wonder what my team's Zarya and Roadhog were thinking. They were just running around flanking solo and not being anywhere near the objective.

Who wants to party up?

Jellie

I just wonder what my team's Zarya and Roadhog were thinking. They were just running around flanking solo and not being anywhere near the objective.

Who wants to party up?

Just came off. Keep yo-yoing at 3190s to 3220s. You see strange stuff on both sides.
Game I just won opponents team had attack bastion and got shut down pretty quick so guess it balances out.

Jacqli

Why do you hate Bastion and Mei so much even if they are in your team? Honestly curious. Because I understand they are a pain in the ass as enemies.

And I am thinking of taking a break of quick matches and playing mostly against the AI in those custom ones, it is not going to be the same but I could actually roam the maps and try out any hero that I want.

xaosslug

Why do you hate Bastion and Mei so much even if they are in your team? Honestly curious. Because I understand they are a pain in the ass as enemies.

And I am thinking of taking a break of quick matches and playing mostly against the AI in those custom ones, it is not going to be the same but I could actually roam the maps and try out any hero that I want.

because most Bastion & Mei players are not good! >_< LOL Most Bastion players use him as a crutch for their lack of skill, and many Mei players lack self-awareness (put up wall at the most inopportune times, etc).

MGrant

Enemy attacking team on King's Row has Zarya, Winston, D.Va, Lucio, Zenyatta, and Reaper. My defending team is me as Roadhog, with Zarya, Ana, Lucio, Genji, and one guy who decides to go Torbjorn.

"Torbjorn, how is your Reaper game?"
"..."
"Torb, we need more anti-tank, can you go Reaper?"
"..."
"Torb plz"
DEFEAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom