• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

finalflame

Note to self: Don't ever play with a 6-man group if all the members aren't people you know and trust to communicate effectively and play well, otherwise you're gonna have a bad time.

Sticking to 3-man max.

LiK

Note to self: Don't ever play with a 6-man group if all the members aren't people you know and trust to communicate effectively and play well, otherwise you're gonna have a bad time.

Sticking to 3-man max.

i will never play 6 man in Comp again unless i'm drunk.
i don't drink

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Time for some memes

CrioY9XW8AAoyNi.jpg

How Hanzos arrows really feel

Crxg2XdXYAAZkxb.jpg

Crgrjp0WYAAQX1Z.jpg

Hanzo mains irl

CrcQnQiWEAEV6mb.jpg

I say this, because I want to encourage you guys to protect your Bastions. Sometimes it might be worth it.

Stop giving them the cold shoulder until they switch to something you consider to be worth it. Some of them might surprise you.

Some of them just might be shit, though.

I try to keep them topped up when playing support.
The rare occasions I use Bastion I noticed just how quick you can go down due to a combo of focused fire and how even a brief moment of self healing can be your downfall, a strong bastion is such a good defence asset.
Plus it's like I watch their back and thus I get someone watching mine from muggings by the opposing flankers

Owzers

Just Ana boosted a Reinheart and he stayed behind his shield the entire time. Don't think I can take anymore solo queue tonight

After the Eich game we played where we won a couple days ago i'm starting to like Ana. Usually in qp i run into Anas that nano boost at really random times when no enemy is actually around.

Anne

Tbf I'm pretty wary about having Junkrat on my team and I respect the character enough. A lot of the time it ends up being a liability in fights, and then the guy just won't switch cause "my damage medal says I'm doing good."

Very rarely do I see a Junkrat that is willing to not fight or switch when he's been dived a couple times. I don't think they realize that the DPS slot he takes can go to Reaper or somebody that can actually fight and dump damage against pushes.

Idk, I just think he's the character I most consistently see played wrong. At least Hanzo is really good now and it's hard to fuck up playing Bastion.

Grisby

Welp, overstretching yourself when defending a point is a dangerous thing. Sometimes I get too greedy wanting to keep the opposing team at their spawn point. >>

Still, I've been slowly playing my placement matches in the morning and just f'ing around in QP at night. I'm at 5 wins and 1 loss so far, so it's working out.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
god dammit blizzard pls

giphy.gif

There was always a general amount of fuckery with roadhog's hook but the change seems to make it spaz out in the weirdest spots.

I want to do this in Comp play. It's been a busy week but maybe I will have some time this weekend to try it out.

I've done it once on dorado defense. Lucio, Ana, Sym, Rein, Zarya, Roadhog. Worked quite well. Enemy didn't even get to the first checkpoint

Mind you that it may need a decent team to pull off though.

ohkay

People who switched from console to PC, how has the transition been for you?

For me, the game definitely feels better, and it's nice that some characters are a lot more reliable on PC, but I wish I could carry over my skins (RIP Nihon Genji) and my s1 rank to boost up my s2 placement

Anne

Wouldn't a Reaper and Pharah counter that pretty well?

Ish. Switch Sym with Zen or something. Now you're looking at a team that is so hard to kill and has enough damage output to not really care what DPS you're running. If you do load up on specific DPS like that then you lose a lot of flexibility in fighting which is just giving more to the Tank Comp.

3/3 is really good and there isn't really a hard counter comp. You just have to outplay them and be pretty patient.

Tovarisc

Gold tier really sucking fun and will out of me game at the time. People doing so bizarre or straight out garbage line ups. 0 - 1 - 5 and similar line ups sounds like winners right? Come to Gold tier and enjoy them with me!

Fucking Gold...

Curse those deceitful matches where it seems like you're with a good team as you win round 1 only to discover that they are in fact mostly a bunch of lemons in the following rounds.

I'm so very tired of people who just gather around chokepoints to die when attacking, especially when you cause a valid distraction that should in theory open the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom