• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellie

Is it just bugged?

Also am i right in thinking that a close up barrage is one of the few things trancendance can't heal through? Had a graviton barrage combo last night that seemed to have killed everyone even though i was transcending.
Ana grenade? Maybe their team also contributed and out damaged the heal together?

ramyeon

Probably been said before but where the fuck is my Thunder Guard Skin
2016-08-1619_29_30-invbrp3.png

Tone it down alittle and give me the skin with the new ability effects!
Please, no.

This is terrible.

ramyeon

so it fits with every other zarya skin
Her default look and recolours are fine (Midnight is great), her Siberian one and recolour are just okay and the Summer Games ones are neat.

Only really awful Zarya skin is the Punk ones. She doesn't suffer from having terrible skins, she just doesn't have any really stand out ones.

Good games Nuno Pinto and Optimus. Though that Route 66 loss triggered me.

Yup, today was a good day, thank you. But that f*cking game... can't believe what happened. If the Junkrat had picked a Reinhardt we would have won easily, it wasn't even a complete checkpoint ffs. Next time I'm going Bastion lol.

GGs! Those last two KOTH games had me crying tears of joy with those beautiful team comps.

Yup, those were very solid wins. Sorry you had to switch to Zarya from Reaper on Ilios, but I really suck as a tank, unlike you. Thx for the bubble shields!

Also, ggs Jellie and the other guys on QP. Right now I don't feel 100% confident with 3 tanks/3 supports, Zenyatta/Ana have to be extremely efficient at picking targets from a distance. The bastion/pharah were extremely annoying.

Yup, today was a good day, thank you. But that f*cking game... can't believe what happened. If the Junkrat had picked a Reinhardt we would have won easily, it wasn't even a complete checkpoint ffs. Next time I'm going Bastion lol.

Yup, those were very solid wins. Sorry you had to switch to Zarya from Reaper on Ilios, but I really suck as a tank, unlike you. Thx for the bubble shields!

Also, ggs Jellie and the other guys on QP. Right now I don't feel 100% confident with 3 tanks/3 supports, Zenyatta/Ana have to be extremely efficient at picking targets from a distance. The bastion/pharah were extremely annoying.
Nah, it's cool, I had a great game as Zarya there anyways, so it all works out :)

Izayoi

Banned
All of my friends placed high silver/low gold and pretty soon I'm not going to be able to play with them... 😢

Maybe I should just throw the match for a few games? I'd feel bad...

At least my wife is almost plat.

Gorillaz

don't know who said it earlier but now I have to agree

these dudes that jump straight to junk rat at the jump usually never carry their weight in kills I realized this a week or so ago for the first time

antitrop

I finally got good with Zarya. Took a long time and she's been one of my weakest characters that I've been actually interested in playing, so feels good.

Is junkrat the new hanzo?

I'll always be happy to have a Junkrat on my team.

I've run into far more useful ones than bad ones. If he's useless, it's probably the rest of the team's fault for not taking advantage of the insane DPS he's doing. Usually happens when there are two flanking DPSs like Reaper and Genji along with him and Junkrat is left to try to clear off the objective by himself. Yeah, he can't do that, but it's not his fault. It's one of the other DPS's fault for not being a character that can follow-up.

Everyone wants to play the lone wolf and then complains when the rest of the team isn't taking care of the objective. People want to do what they see on pro streams, but I find normal players work better when everyone just groups up.

Junkrat exists to punish and discourage the other team from grouping up. Rip-Tire is invaluable for getting to those healers in the back line. The sound of Junkrat ulting is like the Jaws theme to healers.

Trying to get a team going for competitive on PS4 if anyone is up for it. My PSN's the same as my username, so just add me if you've got a slot or want to team up :)

Pachimari

To me, Zarya is the character with the worst design but it's not bad by any means. That said, do Blizzard plan on giving away or selling the Summer Games loot, and to introduce Lucio Ball again? I didn't get to try anything out during Summer Games.

Kysen

The decision I made to only queue after 11:30pm has paid dividends for getting out of the early season doldrums. Gained 200 rating today and the quality of matches is so much better.

ramyeon

To me, Zarya is the character with the worst design but it's not bad by any means. That said, do Blizzard plan on giving away or selling the Summer Games loot, and to introduce Lucio Ball again? I didn't get to try anything out during Summer Games.
Summer Games stuff will be back next Summer.

Ertai

At 2500ish rank, this is just the absolute worst.

We have lost so many games in overtime now it's just ridiculous. Dying seconds and people just stop playing and get killed and we throw away a perfectly controlled match just like that. We even lost a King's Row match because we drew, enemy team had 1 minute to capture the payload and they did so in overtime and managed to push it almost to the end. I'm getting so, so frustrated with this shit it's just not fun anymore.

I mean, i win some as well but the ones that i do lose are just so, so unneeded because it's always shit like this. It's just not needed.

ramyeon

At 2500ish rank, this is just the absolute worst.

We have lost so many games in overtime now it's just ridiculous. Dying seconds and people just stop playing and get killed and we throw away a perfectly controlled match just like that. We even lost a King's Row match because we drew, enemy team had 1 minute to capture the payload and they did so in overtime and managed to push it almost to the end. I'm getting so, so frustrated with this shit it's just not fun anymore
I finally got to Platinum 2500 last night and then had 3 games in a row with people leaving mid way. We were winning all those games before people left and then got stomped afterwards.

Back to the 2300s now.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I finally got good with Zarya. Took a long time and she's been one of my weakest characters that I've been actually interested in playing, so feels good.

I'll always be happy to have a Junkrat on my team.

I've run into far more useful ones than bad ones. If he's useless, it's probably the rest of the team's fault for not taking advantage of the insane DPS he's doing. Usually happens when there are two flanking DPSs like Reaper and Genji along with him and Junkrat is left to try to clear off the objective by himself. Yeah, he can't do that, but it's not his fault. It's one of the other DPS's fault for not being a character that can follow-up.

Everyone wants to play the lone wolf and then complains when the rest of the team isn't taking care of the objective. People want to do what they see on pro streams, but I find normal players work better when everyone just groups up.

Junkrat exists to punish and discourage the other team from grouping up. Rip-Tire is invaluable for getting to those healers in the back line. The sound of Junkrat ulting is like the Jaws theme to healers.

I'm happy to have him on defense, it's just that from my experience playing with junkrats on attack is that his values are greatly diminished when the other team doesn't actually have to go through the chokepoint grenade spam that he excels at.

Junkrats on attack can't even lay on enough dps in my experience.

I'm happy to have him on defense, it's just that from my experience playing with junkrats on attack is that his values greatly diminished when the other team doesn't actually have to go through the chokepoint grenade spam that he excels at.

Junkrats on attack can't even lay on enough dps in my experience.
Yeah, if you want a spam hero on offense, Hanzo does it much better than Junk.

Antiwhippy

Also he loses really badly to any entrenched mid range dps. Especially hitscan. I made an attack junkrat's life hell as soldier.

Also soldier is back to being my defense dps of choice, especially on maps where you can hold the high ground.

antitrop

Also he loses really badly to any entrenched mid range dps. Especially hitscan. I made an attack junkrat's life hell as soldier.

Also soldier is back to being my defense dps of choice, especially on maps where you can hold the high ground.
Soldier is the most underrated DPS. McCree may be better in the hands of a pro, but Competitive isn't MLG. Most people who play McCree would just do more damage with Soldier, but noooooooooooooooooooo

Plesiades

Blizzard should implement a small quiz if you want to play competitive.

1. When you're defending... what happens if you stand next to the payload or inside the capture point?

a) You contest it.
b) Nothing. I can stand where I want and shoot the bad guys :^)

The Thunder Guard skin is terrible ;)

xaosslug

so tired of quitters. Solo q will be the death of my interest in comp.-__-

Blizzard should implement a scarlet letter sort of marker in peeps' career profile under 'how many games left' so peeps can know!

Antiwhippy

Soldier is the most underrated DPS. McCree may be better in the hands of a pro, but Competitive isn't MLG. Most people who play McCree would just do more damage with Soldier, but noooooooooooooooooooo

Yeah I really want to bring my mccree to competitive, but I don't fully trust myself/solo q teams so I'll go soldier for self-sustain and also being more forgiving.

HiiiLife

Really wish games nowadays would just do what Halo 3 did and let you party up immediately post game.

"Press X to lobby up" or some shit. That was so easy when you played with cool randoms on 360 and you just automatically search after together as a team after countdown timer was finished.

Ertai

Blizzard should implement a small quiz if you want to play competitive.

1. When you're defending... what happens if you stand next to the payload or inside the capture point?

a) You contest it.
b) Nothing. I can stand where I want and shoot the bad guys :^)

The Thunder Guard skin is terrible ;)

I've also seen so many games where they have a Reinhardt on the payload which moves and we have a Reinhardt away from the payload. He just stands there and doesnt move at all and lets the other team gain ground. Contesting? What does that do?

exYle

A few days ago I was part of a GAF competitive train and we had the most clutch match on King's Row - all the way to Round 4 with us on defense for the last round. I couldn't find a way to put footage from this match into my edited videos, but at the same time, I couldn't let this insanity go un-immortalized. So I just uploaded it directly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbLyqBsGDUs

Featuring Fatal_X_Fate as the GOAT Mercy

A few days ago I was part of a GAF competitive train and we had the most clutch match on King's Row - all the way to Round 4 with us on defense for the last round. I couldn't find a way to put footage from this match into my edited videos, but at the same time, I couldn't let this insanity go un-immortalized. So I just uploaded it directly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbLyqBsGDUs

Featuring Fatal_X_Fate as the GOAT Mercy

Was this the one where half of the enemy the team disconnected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom