• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxSpirit

Thanks for encouraging me to play Bastion, thread. If it doesn't work out I can always Soldier or Pharah but if it does... oh boy. Just had the most wicked game on attack in Kings Row where I went Bastion for the final point. The damage I dished out was insane. Plus I get to shred Reinhard shields which are always super annoying :p

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Is this new?

I just saw this in Numbani and it's about the global hacking spree.

2016-09-0823_12_18-ovqosza.png

2016-09-0823_12_46-ovw4sqf.png

jorma

is now taking requests
I get so tilted by these annoying fuckers who selectdeselectselectdeselect-spam in the character select phase. I'm gonna adopt a zero tolerance policy for that shit from now on and just bail out, well in QP at least.
I'm not sure if it's nearly always widow/hanzo/torb/bastion pickers who do that, or if i just get extra triggered when they do it and it just seems that way.

Sn4ke_911

I get so tilted by these annoying fuckers who selectdeselectselectdeselect-spam in the character select phase. I'm gonna adopt a zero tolerance policy for that shit from now on and just bail out, well in QP at least.
I'm not sure if it's nearly always widow/hanzo/torb/bastion pickers who do that, or if i just get extra triggered when they do it and it just seems that way.

lmao dude, you serious? this shit triggers you? :lol

V-Faction

I get triggered by Reinhardt's cheerful personality. Like, shut up dude, you're too happy, stop being so friendly, your head doesn't even fit your helmet.

R0ckman

Gold tier really sucking fun and will out of me game at the time. People doing so bizarre or straight out garbage line ups. 0 - 1 - 5 and similar line ups sounds like winners right? Come to Gold tier and enjoy them with me!

Fucking Gold...

I had to climb out of silver to get to this trash can. I havent touched comp much since then.

One thing I notice in some intense higher level matches is that its just one big meat grinding mess I was watching placement matches from one guy and I've had more fun with people a bit spread out, but it seems no matter what teir you are in the best strategy in for instance, payload maps is for everyone to divebomb and meatgrind on the payload.

Man I played like 10 comp matches in a row, only lost 2. Got back 200 points I lost earlier in comp. Now that I'm prestige I'm being paired up with people near my level who actually know what they're doing.

Little more till Plat.

I was crying earlier. Our Zarya and their Zarya launched their ults in the same spot and sucked all 12 of us in together. That kill feed was going wild.

Rocketz

Just went 1-6 in comp today.

Salt levels through the roof.

The people I got stuff with today were actually unbelievable. Widows on KOTH, people just giving up and emotting in spawn, etc.

This was the absolute worst day I've ever had playing the game.

Animator

The people I got stuff with today were actually unbelievable. Widows on KOTH, people just giving up and emotting in spawn, etc.

My rule is if I get three losses in a row in comp I quit for the day. Nothing good comes out when you are on a losing spree.

Owzers

on one hand, playing in small groups sounds good, on the other hand, what if your 3 random teammates are trash tier? At least in a group of 4-6 you have people you can talk to or know they aren't going Attack Torb more than half the games.

MaKTaiL

Does anybody know if Overwatch will be patched to look better on PS4 Pro? I mean, the game already plays at 1080p/60fps with very little difference from the PC version. I expect it will play easily at 4K/60fps on Pro.

jorma

is now taking requests
They're just giving recommendations for the team comp, what's so bad about that lol

Such a weird thing to be annoyed at.

I just had a game with one dude spamming widow and the other torb for 20 seconds. how is that not annoying and what isn't bad about that?

Tovarisc

I had to climb out of silver to get to this trash can. I havent touched comp much since then.

One thing I notice in some intense higher level matches is that its just one big meat grinding mess I was watching placement matches from one guy and I've had more fun with people a bit spread out, but it seems no matter what teir you are in the best strategy in for instance, payload maps is for everyone to divebomb and meatgrind on the payload.

In Gold people make very odd and surprising plays too. Without any reason Rein blind rushes through my team and gets consufed when lands next to me aka Mercy, free kill. Stuff like that. Kinda works I guess, but also so stupid play.

Rocketz

My rule is if I get three losses in a row in comp I quit for the day. Nothing good comes out when you are on a losing spree.

I normally stick to this but all I needed for a gold weapon was 2 wins and I was just wanting that and I was going to be done for today.

That obviously didn't happen.

HiiiLife

How the fuck do I join match LATE with Zen and end up getting gold at FIVE kills.

I don't care if it's quick play. There is no excuse to suck this bad lol. What the hell was going on the 5-6 minutes prior.

Ramirez

I wish I was a fly on the wall in some of these matches I have with Mei. I've had people walk past people to try and get me, or just blow their ult on me in an empty room, lol. Full tilt.

Nazo

Did they do something to Roadhogs hook? I know they were supposed to fix it but like almost every time I hook someone they end up to the side of me. This hardly seems like a fix...

antitrop

He'll learn he should play someone else. Someday.

He was so bad I had to switch off Mercy to Soldier 76 just to get the payload to the checkpoint. Then I switched back to Mercy and the payload never moved another inch. I can't play 2 people at the same time. ><

Jarate

Banned
I really need to get to Diamond soon :| I havent been able to play the past couple of days, I reached ~2800.

Playing with mid 50s kind of blows, although I can carry really hard when I do play.

Or the player that joins after i leave has been wanting to play a 6 man torb comp all day and now everyone is happy, yeah?
What's with the snarky reply? I was only trying to give advice, yeesh. No wonder you get triggered by that.
Did they do something to Roadhogs hook? I know they were supposed to fix it but like almost every time I hook someone they end up to the side of me. This hardly seems like a fix...
It was supposed to fix it, but it just broke it even more. Now it's only a 50/50 chance if you can actually kill them, maybe even less of a chance.

How the fuck do I join match LATE with Zen and end up getting gold at FIVE kills.

I don't care if it's quick play. There is no excuse to suck this bad lol. What the hell was going on the 5-6 minutes prior.

Medals are based on players in game at that moment. You probably weren't the only backfill.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I really need to get to Diamond soon :| I havent been able to play the past couple of days, I reached ~2800.

Playing with mid 50s kind of blows, although I can carry really hard when I do play.

I'll be on later tonight if you want to try, I'm also 2820 or something.

We can hard carry teams to a glorious victory.

antitrop

There wasn't anything significantly wrong with Roadhog's hook last season, now I barely even play him anymore. Were they really trying to improve it? Because it was most definitely a nerf.

Can't even blame Roadhogs for "choking" their shot anymore, it's the game's fault now.

There wasn't anything wrong with Roadhog's hook last season, now I barely even play him anymore. Were they really trying to improve it? Because it was most definitely a nerf.
They tried to fix the thing about dragging people into walls, and while they did fix that, they created so many other problems.

Anne

There wasn't anything wrong with Roadhog's hook last season, now I barely even play him anymore. Were they really trying to improve it? Because it was most definitely a nerf.

I think they were trying to make it more consistent on the receiving end. Whatever it is didn't work well.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think they were trying to make it more consistent on the receiving end. Whatever it is didn't work well.

I actually think they overall went to buff the hook so even if those sketchy wall hooks happened, it would be smoother for Roadhog to shoot the person.

He's my main by a longshot and they genuinely did make those better, the person resets to where the hook hit so you don't get those wall scrape hooks where you need to basically guess where they're going to fall. But it makes things like the gif above where I hooked the Pharah and it seemed to reset her back in midair as if she was behind the column for some reason.

Specific targets like Genji always were wonky and still seem to be prone to this happening, and the other thing that seems to happen is a point blank hook puts people farther away which is annoying.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
uVqveMM.png

When they pick Junkrat on attack

9u9XSKc.jpg

When you Reinhardt and get Nanoboosted

QQAImKx.png

When you volunteer to be the only support

OuGgYvO.jpg

When their Mercy res the whole team

tyNTSJJ.jpg

When Lucio amp it up

xKQQHGG.jpg

When Hanzo aim is true

Sn4ke_911

Bwahahaha i'm dying.

Awesome post, Plywood.

Edit: But it should be Bastion instead of Junkrat on attack.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Tfw when you get a quad with Genji...and you dot get the trophy.

SMH

Is it just bugged?

Also am i right in thinking that a close up barrage is one of the few things trancendance can't heal through? Had a graviton barrage combo last night that seemed to have killed everyone even though i was transcending.

Maximo

Probably been said before but where the fuck is my Thunder Guard Skin
2016-08-1619_29_30-invbrp3.png

Tone it down alittle and give me the skin with the new ability effects!

I personally think she's in a better position then where she was originally, but I get what you're saying. Mei is definitely the Defense Hero that lives up to the concept of creating a huge number of headaches for the advancing hordes of enemy players to deal with.
Yeah, this is how I feel now. She actually feels like a defence character should, which is much more than can be said about r rest if the defence heroes.

Palmer_v1

Is it just bugged?

Also am i right in thinking that a close up barrage is one of the few things trancendance can't heal through? Had a graviton barrage combo last night that seemed to have killed everyone even though i was transcending.

I've mentioned it before but I think you have to get each killing blow, and with the sword slashes. No dash or reflect kills, and no letting teammates kill steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom