• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danced around a fully charged Zarya with Dva pistol and proceeded to slowly melt her to death. He made it a point to chase me around the rest of the game just to tea bag me lol

I had basically the same exact situation happen. Except he has a Mercy and when I'd attack the Mercy he'd shield them and Mercy would heal Zarya in return. Zarya must be a good character because the people playing her are garbage.

Lost three games in a row today due to people picking Mei on attack and refusing to switch even though they're doing absolutely nothing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I had basically the same exact situation happen. Except he has a Mercy and when I'd attack the Mercy he'd shield them and Mercy would heal Zarya in return. Zarya must be a good character because the people playing her are garbage.

Yuuuuuup.

The great thing about people bandwagonning onto zarya as a way to climb is that there are a lot of bad zaryas out there.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
i hate randoms god the fucking worst holy shit

EDIT:
5 games straight where my random team cant even capture the first point, seriously why bother playing....

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'll always be happy to have a Junkrat on my team.

I've run into far more useful ones than bad ones. If he's useless, it's probably the rest of the team's fault for not taking advantage of the insane DPS he's doing. Usually happens when there are two flanking DPSs like Reaper and Genji along with him and Junkrat is left to try to clear off the objective by himself. Yeah, he can't do that, but it's not his fault. It's one of the other DPS's fault for not being a character that can follow-up.

Everyone wants to play the lone wolf and then complains when the rest of the team isn't taking care of the objective. People want to do what they see on pro streams, but I find normal players work better when everyone just groups up.

Junkrat exists to punish and discourage the other team from grouping up. Rip-Tire is invaluable for getting to those healers in the back line. The sound of Junkrat ulting is like the Jaws theme to healers.
Some Junkrats are entirely useless and lack any remote level of precision and do the Hanzo thing of not standing on the point.

antitrop

Yessss, the Zarya is working! +150 point swing so far

ulIb7dY.png

Shouta

Man, I got 5 kills with one Rip Tire in Comp with Junkrat and still didn't get Play of the Game. Damn Mercy. =(

Last night I was playing with a friend. He's platinum ranked, I'm gold. We drew. He was D.Va and got one gold medal for eliminations. I was Lucio and got 2 golds; for objective time and healing. After the game his rank rose, mine stayed in the exact same place.

What is this bullshit? All but one of the opposite side were platinum too. If anything I, as the shittest of the lot, should be getting more points no?

Blues1990

Last night I was playing with a friend. He's platinum ranked, I'm gold. We drew. He was D.Va and got one gold medal for eliminations. I was Lucio and got 2 golds; for objective time and healing. After the game his rank rose, mine stayed in the exact same place.

What is this bullshit? All but one of the opposite side were platinum too. If anything I, as the shittest of the lot, should be getting more points no?

I really don't know how this new system works.There were times when I do really well, and I get something like 3 SR per match. It's pretty infuriating.

Why did they use s1 as a reference for s2 placements considering how much of a disaster it was especially the first couple of days. And I get punished for it again. Thx koth bug. Of course I could group queue and win easily but that just reveals the glaring need for separate MMRs for group and solo. I actually stopped playing the game for a month after I won easily with a group against people 10-15 ranks higher than me... And seeing the ranks of some people I know.

Part of me wants to play solo and climb but some of the people you run into is just too much, and I'm not talking about their skill level. But I think I'm done with this game for a while again.

Blues1990

Out of the current cast, who do you think is the most original out of the bunch? Maybe not so much in terms of design, but their unique (if unorthodox) tool kit?

I-hate-u

^Ana or Genji probably

Roadhog's hook makes absolutely no sense. It hooks me when I am clearly out of los. I am losing games because of it. Just garbage.

No_Style

I uploaded this for myself (which is why it's pretty long). It's DakarZero, LrG and I winning a game on Hollywood by 6-4. With only 1 minute, we managed to push the payload all the way to the end all during overtime.

It's from my perspective as a Lucio so it's not very exciting. I certainly didn't play well in the end either but enough to win, I guess. Hopefully DakarZero will upload it from his perspective!

P.S - Good games with GAFers tonight. Very tough games but most of us ended the night with a comeback win so that was a positive.

^Ana or Genji probably

Roadhog's hook makes absolutely no sense. It hooks me when I am clearly out of los. I am losing games because of it. Just garbage.

I get super salty know.
Like there are times i see the hook go right past me and for a split second i think i dodged it but then the "chink" sound comes out and i just gotta scream.
Hitboxes man

xaosslug

Blizz NEED to implement a 'stay with this group' opt in/out option for solo q comp.

so, anyone in the GAF squad good at KotH maps? I keep rollin' w/ groups that can't seem to... 'last' when a KotH match rolls around. T__T

Ran into a player on my team named "Genji"... Guess who he selected?

McCree?

Antiwhippy

I ran into a player named reaper who was playing mercy weirdly enough.

In my experience though mercy mains have the weirdest names.

5-2 in placement so far, not a bad start to the season! Good games to both Payoff and The Letdown, lot of clutch moments throughout the night. It probably wouldn't have worked but part of me regrets not suggesting we try the 3-3 strat on the last game since randoms weren't on DPS... Still need more time with that to see what exactly makes it work.

Good games last night. It's such a downer to end with 2 loses after that 5 game winning streak but I'm sure we can turn it around tomorrow.
I'm just worried about where I'll finally place as I don't think I was playing anywhere near my best. Ahh well, time to up my game for the last couple of placements.

Shouta

Mei's Ult buff is the best.

My team decided to fuck around (as it was QP) so I went Mei while they went Bastion, Hanzo, Genji, Lucio, and Mccree on Temple Anubis attack. The enemy team had Roadhog, Zarya, Lucio, Mercy, and two Reapers.

We beat them by charging in from side with our Ults while the McCree and Genji came in from the center and over the wall. It was just ridiculous looking. I was we had replays so I could watch the match over again. =(

Kysen

I was in a game a few days ago where a Mei missed 3 ults, I don't even know how this is even possible after her buffs.

Antiwhippy

I was in a game a few days ago where a Mei missed 3 ults, I don't even know how this is even possible after her buffs.

I sometimes throw my ult out just for delay tactics.

Like this one time, near the end of the match at numbani, I wait for them to come. I wall off 1 lane, throw my ult at the other, boom, no overtime.

Moonkid

Uni starting again next week ;_; Hopefully I'll have some time to sneak in a game or two during the rest of the semester. Didn't get to play nearly enough Koth but *Japanese shrug emoticon*

PatjuhR

I must be the best random ever…

When I get matched up with a group of 5, I want to proof myself and show that I'm better than all of them together and that randoms ain't that bad at all. And when I'm with another random grouped up with a group of 4 I want to proof the same thing and also want to be better than the other random. Better as in most useful for the team.

Antiwhippy

I must be the best random ever…

When I get matched up with a group of 5, I want to proof myself and show that I'm better than all of them together and that randoms ain't that bad at all. And when I'm with another random grouped up with a group of 4 I want to proof the same thing and also want to be better than the other random. Better as in most useful for the team.

I'm pretty sure most people think that.

Whether it pans out, well...

PatjuhR

I'm pretty sure most people think that.

Whether it pans out, well...

I know, I know.

But as long as I pick the right characters and play to their roles I don't think I can do very much wrong. I have to admit that I adopt to a different playstyle when I'm with 5 other randoms. When I play with a group they probably got their roles set up already and I just adjust to that.

Blues1990

^Ana or Genji probably

For me, Lucio & Junkrat are my picks. It's not often that you get health/speed boosts with some sweet jams playing in the background, while you see a flying Australian destroying fools with launching a tire that's ridden with explosives.

Both characters are a blast to play, though.

Antiwhippy

For me, Lucio & Junkrat are my picks. It's not often that you get health/speed boosts with some sweet jams playing in the background, while you see a flying Australian destroying fools with launching a tire that's ridden with explosives.

As an Australian we see that pretty often.

Jellie

I'm sorry you had to see that Jellie.
See what?

Tfw the enemy trickles out one by one in overtime to save the point and then their zenyatta ults allowing them to get 6 on the point, only to get graviton surged and wiped.

How much points are people getting on average?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom