• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

I think if we're considering mccree alone iddqd is pretty insane.

I'm just talking aim in general.

Hell, my personal top 5 NA DPS is probably (in no order):

Talespin
Taimou
IDDQD
Surefour
Seagull

I think Seagull is the weakest one there, but eh he's still really good. AZK I like a lot too but Idk what all he can do outside of this meta.

Woot! Finally got around to finishing my last 6 placement matches today. Been like a month since I took a break from those, back when Mercy was still the go-to support over Zenyatta. Ended with a 9-1 record, placing me at 68. I think I played 4 games as Mercy, 4 as Zenyatta, 1 as Phara, and 1 as Soldier 76.

Woot! Finally got around to finishing my last 6 placement matches today. Been like a month since I took a break from those, back when Mercy was still the go-to support over Zenyatta. Ended with a 9-1 record, placing me at 68. I think I played 4 games as Mercy, 4 as Zenyatta, 1 as Phara, and 1 as Soldier 76.
Holy crap, that's a great rating to start with O:

Josh5890

So I played 11 matches tonight as Zenyetta and I am still trying to wrap my head around a good strategy for him. Up until now my main support character has been Mercy.

Going by the numbers I feel like I heal more damage as Mercy. I don't know why but it feels like Zen doesn't heal others as quick. Maybe it is just mental. It is nice not having to be as close to my teammates as it would as Mercy.

I like being able to make the enemy more vulnerable with my discord orbs. I've been trying to go for the support (Reinheart and Winston) as well as the high damage characters (Bastion). Not sure if that is the best way to do it.

I like that Zenyetta self heals, especially since he has low hp to begin with. As for his ultimate, it is great when trying to take over a control point. It definitely turns the tide. I do like Mercy's revival weapon though.

Overall I might stick with Mercy in comp for now but I want to continue to work on my Zen in quick play before season 2.

I was a 68 two days ago now I'm a 49. Back into the solo que because this train has no rails and never stops.
God bless you for continuing on after that o7

It's not mental. Zen just overall heals a bit less than Mercy. Zen is more a hybrid between healer and DPS.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Nothing like a 45 second Point 1 capture with a group of randoms, lol.

giphy.gif

JHall

That's fucking crazy. Insane drop.

God bless you for continuing on after that o7

It's not mental. Zen just overall heals a bit less than Mercy. Zen is more a hybrid between healer and DPS.

The thing I've noticed is a lot of people in the 50's and low 60's don't understand just how good Lucio is. They understand the whole two healer thing but they normally go for Mercy/Zen combo. It's really interesting and frustrating trying to explain it to them.

Josh5890

The thing I've noticed is a lot of people in the 50's and low 60's don't understand just how good Lucio is. They understand the whole two healer thing but they normally go for Mercy/Zen combo. It's really interesting and frustrating trying to explain it to them.

I want to try and master Zen before I give Lucio a shot. At least right now I have a character in each group that I feel very comfortable with. I just want to get familiar with a few more so it doesn't become stale.

Satch

Banned
The worst thing about one hero limit is that i cant iust switch to the hero and do what i need to do

i have to tell them what to do and its a tossup whether or not itll get done xD

Josh5890

The worst thing about one hero limit is that i cant iust switch to the hero and do what i need to do

i have to tell them what to do and its a tossup whether or not itll get done xD

Yea that is a big downside with the one hero limit in competitive, but I think the potential negatives of allowing multiples of the same hero on a team is worse.

ISOM

Yea that is a big downside with the one hero limit in competitive, but I think the potential negatives of allowing multiples of the same hero on a team is worse.

No question. Tracer, Dva, etc spam is not fun at all especially in a competitive mode.

Strider

We did it fam... We finally got a summer skin

I just really don't care for this game currently on console, not a fun meta for me.

It's probably a little different on console but I actually feel the exact opposite about the meta on the PC side. Only thing I'm really starting to find annoying is being melted by Zen discord orbs... I like playing Zen myself tho.

Ramirez

It's probably a little different on console but I actually feel the exact opposite about the meta on the PC side. Only thing I'm really starting to find annoying is being melted by Zen discord orbs... I like playing Zen myself tho.

Zen is a large reason why I don't like it. When pretty much every kill cam involves a discord orb and you're just melted, it's just not satisfying at all to play.

Doesn't help getting matched with idiots who play Bastion when it's obviously not working. So it's part game, part community.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Zen stifles pretty much all the characters I'm best at so it feels really rough.

Also it seems minor but MAN is it annoying that Zen can still have an active discord target during his ult, I've had times where he uses it defensively to not die but discords first, then you have an actually invincible hero and no way to get rid of the discorb unless you run and hide for awhile.

Has anyone been getting a bunch of stability errors (the three orange squares)? Every game I play has me lagging like crazy, and I can not figure out why. My account is set to the right region, and I checked my ping, and it was fine. Its so frustrating

Veelk

Banned
Zen stifles pretty much all the characters I'm best at so it feels really rough.

Also it seems minor but MAN is it annoying that Zen can still have an active discord target during his ult, I've had times where he uses it defensively to not die but discords first, then you have an actually invincible hero and no way to get rid of the discorb unless you run and hide for awhile.

That's basically what they need to do in addition to cutting it's damage. Put more conditions on how to use it. Give it a CD. Negate it if he uses his ult. Maybe shorten the time it's active while the player is out of sight.

Give the guy a vasectomy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just stopped playing ranked a long time ago because I just like to jump in and out of games. I guess I should give it another try again but eh

Played a Lijiang KOTH where we started with a Mercy, who switched to Lucio, then switched to D.Va on the first point and we ended the point with no healers - unsurprisingly we lost it.

So I switched to Lucio and proceeded to put on a clinic. Got POTG (shutdown two ults), healed for 11,000 in 2 rounds and got an epic card and we won the game. At one point I held the point by myself against 4 from the other team which allowed my entire team to respawn and join me back on the point to clinch the third round victory.

That game made up for all the other shitty games I had tonight.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
I just really don't care for this game currently on console, not a fun meta for me.

My OW days are numbered, a leveling system that does nothing, spent some money to try and get that Olympic Zarya skin, swing and a miss, Solo queue is hit and miss. I'm just a battlefield person at my core, the game has its fun moments, but I feel I get more frustrated moments then I do fun ones.

ohkay

I'm down to 61 and the solo queue team comps and general attitudes are getting really bad.

I can feel the call of the 50's
This is why I called it quits for the season. People will probably be more relaxed when they know they have plenty of time to hit whatever rank they're looking to reach

This is why I called it quits for the season. People will probably be more relaxed when they know they have plenty of time to hit whatever rank they're looking to reach
QP has actually been the more fun mode for me the last few days. But I don't really care about rank anymore except for bragging rights since I already hit 65+

But if I'm gonna be playing I might as well try to grap some more CP's with some wins.

Davidion

I'm down to 61 and the solo queue team comps and general attitudes are getting really bad.

I can feel the call of the 50's

Strangely enough, I'm low 30's (don't laugh) and started playing comp again today because I really can't go any lower and...the crowd's been kinda nice. Actually had a really good half a dozen or so games.

Cats and dogs, living together...

Jesus fucking Christ. How is it possible that at level 63 people understand basic team play and composition but when I play with level 58's it's just a bunch of fucking retards running around like headless chickens, payload optional? I'm 62, please make me the lowest level in the game, not the highest.

God damn, I'm done for the night.

ramyeon

Jesus fucking Christ. How is it possible that at level 63 people understand basic team play and composition but when I play with level 58's it's just a bunch of fucking retards running around like headless chickens, payload optional? I'm 62, please make me the lowest level in the game, not the highest.

God damn, I'm done for the night.
Payload? What's a payload?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom