• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

What's supposed to be the MMR range restriciton?

I ask because I'm about 600 SR above my wife, but we played a comp game last night with out any issues. (On PSN)

the couple that plays together stays together, aww! :)

i think it's 1000 from Diamond down, but once you hit Master (and GM) it's 500.

LowRoller

I mainly play overwatch on pc and just tried it out on xbox for the free weekend. You don't even have to aim lol, that auto aim is so strong.

5-2 in placement so far, not a bad start to the season! Good games to both Payoff and The Letdown, lot of clutch moments throughout the night. It probably wouldn't have worked but part of me regrets not suggesting we try the 3-3 strat on the last game since randoms weren't on DPS... Still need more time with that to see what exactly makes it work.

Yeah, GG! There were some killer moments, especially that Anubis map! The 2 losses were strange, especially the one where they auto-locked Tracer and Junkrat and then proceeded to do ????

I'm starting to wonder if it's a better idea in those situations to just ignore needing healers/tanks and just play whatever everyone is best at. That way, you can at least stall them and create moments for them to step up. Like, if 2 people are playing DPS badly, it doesn't matter how much presence we have on the point if no one on their side is dying.

That 3-3 strat is super fun. It feels like the match is wall-to-wall nonstop action.

Moonkeis

People give up way too easily, wasting time typing "GG" when the game isn't over. We had 30 seconds left on a check point, came back from it, and plowed our way through to win.

Defuser

Blizzard's side of server error is too much. I got disconnected on the avg of 3 to 4 times in a match. It's too unplayable in comp where it fucks you over.

Greddleok

I'm officially done trying to play competitive with heroes that aren't my favourite just to try and win.
People leave no matter what anyway, may as well have some fun while I'm playing. Just feel like there'd never be a healer if I didn't pick one.

xaosslug

IDK why peeps stay FEEDING the enemy Symm ult charge by not destroying her turrets. Instead they just rush by, leaving them for the next guy. >_<

Owzers

I'm officially done trying to play competitive with heroes that aren't my favourite just to try and win.
People leave no matter what anyway, may as well have some fun while I'm playing. Just feel like there'd never be a healer if I didn't pick one.

when i don't sign up for Rein right away, i like picking last sometimes and if it's me and another person waiting, seeing who caves to pick a healer

Greddleok

when i don't sign up for Rein right away, i like picking last sometimes and if it's me and another person waiting, seeing who caves to pick a healer

It's like chicken!

I just had 4, yes 4 games in a row where people left within the first 30 second and the match was cancelled. Not a loss, but seriously, fuck this, if you can't play for 10 mins don't sign up to the match.

Yeah, GG! There were some killer moments, especially that Anubis map! The 2 losses were strange, especially the one where they auto-locked Tracer and Junkrat and then proceeded to do ????

I'm starting to wonder if it's a better idea in those situations to just ignore needing healers/tanks and just play whatever everyone is best at. That way, you can at least stall them and create moments for them to step up. Like, if 2 people are playing DPS badly, it doesn't matter how much presence we have on the point if no one on their side is dying.

That 3-3 strat is super fun. It feels like the match is wall-to-wall nonstop action.

I need to play that 3-3 strat with you guys it sounds super fun.
I more or less only play tank and support now so can take whoever.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
It's just best to get good at least six to eight characters that way you have variety when choosing. For me example, I'm good at Repear, Junkrat, D.va, Lucio. I'm working on McCree, Tracer, and I'm still iffy on which other tank I want to use.

LiK

Play Lucio and just sorta stick with the team. Don't even try to actively take points or do speed shit. Keep that AOE healing on. If they don't wanna play healer, then let them enjoy being an okay Lucio.

Which is why I instapick my faves all the time.

All I ever see is Hanzo with his fucking Ryu Ga Teki Go Fuck Yourself, or D.Va with her Ultimate. I've never seen a Play of the Day with any support character, which is annoying since I main Lucio.

Saw a Lucio POTG just a few minutes ago. Unfortunately it was me bailing out of my Mek backwards out of a point doorway (bad things were going down in there) and Lucio appearing through the wreckage to boop me off the map. Good times, really fun to watch it happen again after we lost.

exYle

So correct me if I'm wrong, but diamond ranked players cannot play with people still doing their placement matches, right?

If so, I'm going to have to tank my SR today (I think I'm hovering around 2750 SR). Me and my two buddies are all going to get together in one room this weekend and have a marathon session to do all their placement matches.

We're also planning on recording it so if you like my videos there's that

Greddleok

Eh I just played D.Va and ended up dominating the other team. Luckily someone else chose Lucio.

A good D.Va game is always a lot of fun.

xaosslug

Eh I just played D.Va and ended up dominating the other team. Luckily someone else chose Lucio.

honestly wish I could quit her, but this is why I don't. Even when there's an enemy Zarya. LOL

To take damage and feed their healer's ult. (Really though, idk.)

yet, when I play Symm the enemy team stays destroying my beautiful web of death. T__T

Skii

I'm finally back from holiday and ready to do my placement matches lol.

If I grouped up with Platinum/Diamond players for placements, would the game take that into account as my opponents will most likely be a lot harder? Or should I just solo queue and hope for the best?

maomaoIYP

So correct me if I'm wrong, but diamond ranked players cannot play with people still doing their placement matches, right?

You can, and it's annoying as fuck because it makes matching a real bitch for people doing their placements. The game will spend eternity trying to match the party against another party with diamond placed and non-placed players.
Blizz should make it should that people doing placements cannot group with people who've already completed theirs.

When D.Va's going well- knocking snipers off high ground, eating ults and high damage, wiping squishies, making other D.Vas pop DM in a face-to-face- it's great. When the other team focuses you down constantly, and a Reaper is waiting for you before you even finish ejecting, it is soul-withering.

Well the frustrating thing with that control match was that the randoms were on two supports they were just doing it poorly imo. Like Mercy who only healed her friend playing Roadhog (who can self heal for god sake) and Lucio sticking to speed boost even as I was hanging back from the point crit right beside him.
I think you're right though on needing to break from the meta when dps aren't cutting it, it seems better to drop the secondary healer for a third dps in those situations a lot of the time.

antitrop

IDK why peeps stay FEEDING the enemy Symm ult charge by not destroying her turrets. Instead they just rush by, leaving them for the next guy. >_<

Yeah, I see that shit happen when I'm healing Reins through a wave of Sym turrets as Mercy. I'm like "No, stop, swing your hammer, how the fuck am I supposed to follow you through this, what are you doing, no rein, sto- *dead*"

Is there any difference between Ana and Widowmaker as in how much damage they can do?

WM can do headshots for crit. So she can pretty much destroy any non-tank with a headshot. 120 full charge snipe body shot, 2.5x multiplier on headshots. WM can also shoot machine gun style so she has some close range capability. The mine isn't that great for damage but it's still there.

Ana can't headshot. Any body shot does 80 and it's not immediate. Takes like 0.5 seconds for the whole 80 to register. So if they're near a healer they're much harder to kill. The grenade does do damage but it's more used for it's utility for healing and preventing enemies from healing. The sleep dart does like what...5 damage? It's kinda negligible.

In general a WM should be doing more damage than an Ana in any fight. If Ana is doing more damage than a WM....please switch.

You can, and it's annoying as fuck because it makes matching a real bitch for people doing their placements. The game will spend eternity trying to match the party against another party with diamond placed and non-placed players.
Blizz should make it should that people doing placements cannot group with people who've already completed theirs.

The opposite is crappy as well. I got a placement match with a team of 5, 4 silvers and their buddy they were "helping" to place. They were... not good, and obviously had private group chat going, not team chat. Helpful, especially when they chose all 4 of the Heroes I'm okay with, and I had no idea what they wanted me to pick to supplement their play-style. We lost, shockingly.

Pachimari

Widow does 120 damage with a charged shot, 300 if headshot. Ana does 80 and can't headshot.

It's percentage based upon the 120 figure. So 50% charge = 60 damage, 10% = 12 etc.

WM can do headshots for crit. So she can pretty much destroy any non-tank with a headshot. 120 full charge snipe body shot, 2.5x multiplier on headshots. WM can also shoot machine gun style so she has some close range capability. The mine isn't that great for damage but it's still there.

Ana can't headshot. Any body shot does 80 and it's not immediate. Takes like 0.5 seconds for the whole 80 to register. So if they're near a healer they're much harder to kill. The grenade does do damage but it's more used for it's utility for healing and preventing enemies from healing. The sleep dart does like what...5 damage? It's kinda negligible.

In general a WM should be doing more damage than an Ana in any fight. If Ana is doing more damage than a WM....please switch.

It depends on the percentage of the charged shot, it can go from 12 to 120 (x2.5 on headshot), and 13 when she's in assault mode.

Is there anywhere I can see what percentage my charged shot is at?

So let's say I just do a normal shot (12) to the head it won't actually kill the opponent in that one shot, only if my shot had been a bit charged at first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom