• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roadhog is actually 5x worse now than he was before the patch. His hook is buggy half the time and is kinda unplayable. One match he's fine, and the next match you can't kill anyone off of hook because the positioning fucks up.

He's trash. Mei, Ana, and Zarya have absolutely no reason to be concerned about his hook. Still works as intended for Lucio, Zenyatta, Genji, I think Torbjorn, maybe 2 others, but for for various characters and all tanks it's nearly worthless.

Jarate

Banned
WHY THE FUCK DO PEOPLE WAIT TILL THE END TO PICK, SEE WE OBLY HAVE 1 HEALER OR NO TANKS AND SAY FUCK IT IM GOING DPS ANYWAY

we should be able to report that behavior tbh. They are actively shitting on their teams ability to win in comp if they are doing this. Why would people ever think it was a good idea

And before you go why don't you go healer, well guess who's been forced to play only healer and be the only healer on the team all day! While my friend is the only tank

I want to talk to someone from Blizzard about reporting people who do this type of shit in comp. If you aren't actively using the best comp strats then you are literally griefing. Lucio is piss easy to play for a reason.

Jarate

Banned
I would love in comp if you could queue as specific roles. I know this will never happen due to hero switching, but its so frustrating seeing teams that don't run at least 2 healers all the time in comp. None of the healers are good enough to be able to survive and heal everyone well unless the other team is also incompetent as well.

Gorillaz

He's trash. Mei, Ana, and Zarya have absolutely no reason to be concerned about his hook. Still works as intended for Lucio, Zenyatta, Genji, I think Torbjorn, maybe 2 others, but for for various characters and all tanks it's nearly worthless.

He's a search and destroy tank, he should be aiming for people that would disrupt the team even more like the healer (who is pretty much dead in one upclose shotty/melee) and offense heroes.

Roadhog shouldn't be really going straight after other tanks unless it's 2v1 situation. His hook is wonky but he is far from useless.

I would love in comp if you could queue as specific roles. I know this will never happen due to hero switching, but its so frustrating seeing teams that don't run at least 2 healers all the time in comp. None of the healers are good enough to be able to survive and heal everyone well unless the other team is also incompetent as well.

I used to think my role in life was to be the support that's better than average, until I realized that won't even save a garbage team.

So I now aim to tank / kill better than half the other team and let my supports do as good or as bad as they please.

Unless I play Zenny. Tranquility motherfucker, do you embrace it?

Jarate

Banned
^ it happens. Not sure what reporting can be done. There's a countdown clock for a reason.

No if you wait forever to pick it implies you are comfortable taking whatever role is necessary for the team. I do it sometimes if we get a few tanks right in the beggining

It's stupid, especially on PS4 where I have literally no way to say, hey we need a healer guys or hey we need a tank unless I want to go through the super slow process of sending people PMs through psn

It happens, yeah, because people in plat are fucking incompetent at this game. I'm so glad Blizzard made it so Tanks get fucked over and DPS get over valued in their shit MMR system. Now I have to play with awful DPS mains who should be gold.

Jarate

Banned
Useless DPS players are the worst because you can be useless with Lucio and be helpful if you jsuts tay back with the rest of the team

Owzers

You can hope the last person on a non-healer team picks healer, but you're going to have to be ready to ditch your character and be the hero.

AngryMoth

I play dirty. If I wanna play zen sometimes I will pick a dps character so someone else picks a healer then switch at the last second so I don't end up as a solo healer

Pachimari

How come when sometimes I am being pulled in by Roadhog's chain I die and other times I don't. Is it because they miss their shot while pulling me in?

I also just had a match as Widowmaker and I was laughing out loud in front of my desk when I got five kills in a row and some headshots, and it was so action packed. Felt so satisfying.

ISOM

I was solo support yesterday for my team since no one else wanted to play healer so I said fuck it and played Ana on attack and Zen on defense because if I'm going to be healer I am going to play the characters I want to play. I ended up healing 38% of my team's damage.

NimbusD

Widow should really be reworked. One thing I think could help her is give her a really low cooldown on her grappling hook, keep her damage where it is though. That way you can help cause mayhem among the enemy group, but not necessarily just blasting people out of the game constantly. But on the other end of that, you have crazy mobility and are hard to catch. Even that way I'm fine with her shitty spider bomb thing. Just have her be somebody that can pick off weak stragglers and cause mayhem in a group. She'd even be able to help out on point contesting by grappling in, shooting a bit, grapple out.

The idea of there being a classic 'sniper' in a game like this just doesn't work. It negates so much of the balance when it's not like halo or something and everyone can't just go grab a sniper rifle and defend themselves against an enemy sniper.

I've seen some ideas for hanzo too about making him more utility based, taking away hit truck sized arrows and giving him more kinds of arrows that do different things that help the team. I like that too.

Dumb question -

I am trying to sell a buddy of mine on Overwatch this weekend (with the free promotion on PS4).

Am I able to team up with him and join games in Quick Play together? What about ranked?

LiK

How come when sometimes I am being pulled in by Roadhog's chain I die and other times I don't. Is it because they miss their shot while pulling me in?

I also just had a match as Widowmaker and I was laughing out loud in front of my desk when I got five kills in a row and some headshots, and it was so action packed. Felt so satisfying.

some Roadhogs need to use the shoot, hook, melee combo to finish you off.

Dumb question -

I am trying to sell a buddy of mine on Overwatch this weekend (with the free promotion on PS4).

Am I able to team up with him and join games in Quick Play together? What about ranked?

yes for QP, no for Ranked.

R0ckman

WHY THE FUCK DO PEOPLE WAIT TILL THE END TO PICK, SEE WE OBLY HAVE 1 HEALER OR NO TANKS AND SAY FUCK IT IM GOING DPS ANYWAY

we should be able to report that behavior tbh. They are actively shitting on their teams ability to win in comp if they are doing this. Why would people ever think it was a good idea

And before you go why don't you go healer, well guess who's been forced to play only healer and be the only healer on the team all day! While my friend is the only tank

I want to talk to someone from Blizzard about reporting people who do this type of shit in comp. If you aren't actively using the best comp strats then you are literally griefing. Lucio is piss easy to play for a reason.

To be honest you are screwed just ending up with these people on your team. If you force them into non DPS roles what makes you think they wont start flanking with Lucio or charging dead in as Reinhardt feeding ult charge?

Skii

Just did my first 2 placement matches and man competitive is an absolute mixed bag like last season.

First game I had Symmetra on my team. On attack... I would consider it a 5v6 normally with a Symettra on my team unless it was their main because of how weak she is. She didn't drop a single teleporter. It's Hollywood and we only manage to push the payload to before the 1st checkpoint.

On defence, we actually manage to hold them off on the capture point until overtime where I finally die because there's no healers on my team and I just can't get to a health pack on time for the 15th time in a row. And then I see 4 other team members die in quick succession. The other team manages to push the payload to the designated distance in overtime. So annoyed by that. If we just had a below average healer instead of the brain dead Symmetra on our team, we would've steamrolled that team with ease.

Then the next game on Route 66 on attack, I see Mercy and Zenyatta picked and I know straight away we're gonna have a really good chance here. We basically steamroll the opposition. Set an incredibly fast time and I go 23-4 with Reaper just on the attack segment. Manage to hold them before the first checkpoint and ended up with a win.

There's no point of me even playing Zenyatta (my best healer) with teams like my first placement game as I'd get no protection whatsoever and we didn't really have much DPS aside from me.

I can already feel this is going to be an extremely frustrating season. Maybe season 3 will be better when I can actually do placements with fellow gaffers :(

Don't mind me, just making another plea to blizzard to stop stealing my rank points when 2 people leave my team for no reason

Yep. If your team is down just one person for a minute or longer than you should not lost rank points if you lose. It's absolute bollocks. Reward the other side if they win, by all means, but don't punish us for people being complete bastards.

Gorillaz

Widow should really be reworked. One thing I think could help her is give her a really low cooldown on her grappling hook, keep her damage where it is though. That way you can help cause mayhem among the enemy group, but not necessarily just blasting people out of the game constantly. But on the other end of that, you have crazy mobility and are hard to catch. Even that way I'm fine with her shitty spider bomb thing. Just have her be somebody that can pick off weak stragglers and cause mayhem in a group. She'd even be able to help out on point contesting by grappling in, shooting a bit, grapple out.

The idea of there being a classic 'sniper' in a game like this just doesn't work. It negates so much of the balance when it's not like halo or something and everyone can't just go grab a sniper rifle and defend themselves against an enemy sniper.

I've seen some ideas for hanzo too about making him more utility based, taking away hit truck sized arrows and giving him more kinds of arrows that do different things that help the team. I like that too.

I felt the same with the hook. Needs lower cooldown at least on console (can't speak for others). They did the "traditional" soldier kit right with 76 but Widow doesn't seem to flow well at all.

Matching with really high level players now and I feel like I'm totally outclassed, and my stats are way worse. But I'm still winning somehow and gaining like 50 per.

Up to 3345.

Trying out Overwatch on the PS4 with the free weekend. And boy is it weird to play it with a controller. And i play shooters with controllers all the time!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Just did my first 2 placement matches and man competitive is an absolute mixed bag like last season.

First game I had Symmetra on my team. On attack... I would consider it a 5v6 normally with a Symettra on my team unless it was their main because of how weak she is. She didn't drop a single teleporter. It's Hollywood and we only manage to push the payload to before the 1st checkpoint.

On defence, we actually manage to hold them off on the capture point until overtime where I finally die because there's no healers on my team and I just can't get to a health pack on time for the 15th time in a row. And then I see 4 other team members die in quick succession. The other team manages to push the payload to the designated distance in overtime. So annoyed by that. If we just had a below average healer instead of the brain dead Symmetra on our team, we would've steamrolled that team with ease.

Then the next game on Route 66 on attack, I see Mercy and Zenyatta picked and I know straight away we're gonna have a really good chance here. We basically steamroll the opposition. Set an incredibly fast time and I go 23-4 with Reaper just on the attack segment. Manage to hold them before the first checkpoint and ended up with a win.

There's no point of me even playing Zenyatta (my best healer) with teams like my first placement game as I'd get no protection whatsoever and we didn't really have much DPS aside from me.

I can already feel this is going to be an extremely frustrating season. Maybe season 3 will be better when I can actually do placements with fellow gaffers :(
My placements were super jacked. I feel like I'm at Diamond skill level, but during my placements, I performed so horribly, because most of my team was all DPS and perma dead most games. I placed at gold.

Since then though, I only play DVA, carrying pretty hard with 3-4 golds and at the beginning of every match I request "2-2-2 please" and discuss what we could do to make the comp better. I'm on like a 10-game win streak, getting like 250 points yesterday. If you convince your team to go 2-2-2, nicely, you're going to stomp the opposition at lower skill levels.

Things will probably start changing as I climb through the 2600s.

"do you guys want to win or lose?" Usually inspires switching.

Jarate

Banned
To be honest you are screwed just ending up with these people on your team. If you force them into non DPS roles what makes you think they wont start flanking with Lucio or charging dead in as Reinhardt feeding ult charge?
Lucio is literally the easiest class to play in the game and be competent

Lastly, me and my friend just queud as double tanks because he mains Roadhog and we silvered and folded in literally every stat :/

Veelk

Banned
I felt the same with the hook. Needs lower cooldown at least on console (can't speak for others). They did the "traditional" soldier kit right with 76 but Widow doesn't seem to flow well at all.

The reason Soldier's kit works is because everything he does is extremely viable. He has a high DPS weapon, he as an infinite mobility ability, he can up his already high damage by firing rockets, he can self heal AND group heal, and his ultimate is extremely lethal.

Compared to that, literally all widow has is the ability potential to kill most (not all) enemies instantly with a hitscan weapon. Her mobility ability is one of the highest cooldowns in the game for some bizarre reason, her assault rifle is really weak, her venom mine does nothing, her ult is not only highly situational (and impossible to tell if it'll be of use until it's already activated).

In addition to that, her headshot capability comes with a number of caviats. It takes an overly long time to set up, she loses peripheral vision so she's the easiest character in the game to flank, and, oh yeah, aiming (especially on consoles) is hard as balls.

I really like Widow, she's one of my highest played characters, but it's almost impossible to do good with her as she is and it's kind of ridiculous and pissing me off that Blizzard has let it go on this long.

R0ckman

Lucio is literally the easiest class to play in the game and be competent

Lastly, me and my friend just queud as double tanks because he mains Roadhog and we silvered and folded in literally every stat :/

I've seen bad Lucios. Had this one dumbass who chased an enemy past the objective to the right going towards their spawn when we were in attack on hollywood.

X-Frame

Matching with really high level players now and I feel like I'm totally outclassed, and my stats are way worse. But I'm still winning somehow and gaining like 50 per.

Up to 3345.

Damn, nice job. It means the game thinks you're too low for your rank and wants to boost you up much more quickly. I won over 100 points my last game going from 3010-ish to 3113. I'm still on a 7 game winning streak. Haven't played in a few days though, I'm sure I'll loose immediately when I try again, haha.

Was in the spawn room and used the sit emote with Hanzo. Friendly Zenyatta came pushed me off the high ground i was sitting taking me out of the emote. As he looked down at me he emoted which was Zens laugh emote which im sure wasnt a coincidence. I used my voice line "Remember this moment" which sounded really spiteful with Hanzos voice. Like he was gonna piss in Zens cereal next morning for revenge.

Its the little things :)

duckroll

Fuck everything.

I get dragged into a game at 3am. We're a 3-man group. One of us is doing placements. So of course we get matched with people doing placements. First game is a dumpster fire. Team was communicating but not really performing. Nothing gelled. it was a murder on King's Row.

Then we get into Anubis. Team is super communicative. We all pick roles. 2 tanks/2 dps/2 healers. We plan our strategy out and we're all ready to play. Someone on the enemy team leaves. Match is cancelled.

Next game is on Ilios. Team is communicative but it takes us awhile to gel together. The point goes back and forth but we're holding it when it hits 99%, but a Tracer keeps holding us in overtime and the team falls apart when the enemy comes back to retake it. We let them sit on it because we've fallen apart. We plan a big push at the end but no one even bothered to get in to contest when it hit 99% so we lose the round even though the rest of the team was almost there with ults.

I request for someone else to play Lucio so I can go Zen. We get two tanks. It takes us a while to get the point after feeling out the other team but we win the round pretty easily after that. Feeling really good about it.

Next round goes terribly because they set up around the well with Bastion and Mei blocks everyone off completely screwing up the team. We lose with 0%.

I tell the Genji playing who is Reining to go Genji so someone else can fill in, we're still motivated. We push hard and the point goes back and forth again like in the very first round. But I'm feeling good about it. We have the point, I'm sitting on Transcendence, everyone is working well again. I get a hard lock on my PC. I reboot as quick as I can and rejoin the game.

Rejoin into a wall of "gg" and see DEFEAT. Feel like crap.

I'm not even salty. I just feel like garbage now. This is after two days of having power outage problems which was a pain in the ass to troubleshoot, and only just got fixed so I can finally play Overwatch again.

Skii

My placements were super jacked. I feel like I'm at Diamond skill level, but during my placements, I performed so horribly, because most of my team was all DPS and perma dead most games. I placed at gold.

Since then though, I only play DVA, carrying pretty hard with 3-4 golds and at the beginning of every match I request "2-2-2 please" and discuss what we could do to make the comp better. I'm on like a 10-game win streak, getting like 250 points yesterday. If you convince your team to go 2-2-2, nicely, you're going to stomp the opposition at lower skill levels.

Things will probably start changing as I climb through the 2600s.

"do you guys want to win or lose?" Usually inspires switching.

Unfortunately, PS4 players can't communicate anything with each other because of the extremely shit chat wheel. The only thing you can say is "we need a healer" but it always falls on deaf ears.

I'll do another placement and if I lose again, I'm gonna try to group up even if it means facing platinum/diamond players.

hydruxo

I agree. Widow in her current state is entirely useless.

MUnited83

For you.
So how's the console meta? Got the PC version but i'm going to play the PS4 version for the weekend. I assume Tracer and Pharah will pretty powerful since people will have a harder time aiming?

LiK

So how's the console meta? Got the PC version but i'm going to play the PS4 version for the weekend. I assume Tracer and Pharah will pretty powerful since people will have a harder time aiming?

Tracer is still good. Pharah is a mixed bag. It depends on how good the enemy team is. But she's def not useless like on PC.

Don't go too high. I won't be able to play with you after the weekend.

Damn, nice job. It means the game thinks you're too low for your rank and wants to boost you up much more quickly. I won over 100 points my last game going from 3010-ish to 3113. I'm still on a 7 game winning streak. Haven't played in a few days though, I'm sure I'll loose immediately when I try again, haha.
I lost my next one and I'm down to 3316. Gonna get off for now. Looks like I have a decent shot at master which I never thought would happen. So I'm only gonna play if I'm feeling great, and I'll never let myself go on a losing streak.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm going to quick play with two of my friends for the free weekend.

I am going to witness horrors beyond my imagination.

maouvin

Gonna love it when an Ana Nano boosts a mechless d.va.

tumblr_obvb363ksJ1sn4eavo3_500.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom