• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anywhere I can see what percentage my charged shot is at?

So let's say I just do a normal shot (12) to the head it won't actually kill the opponent in that one shot, only if my shot had been a bit charged at first?

When you're zoomed in you'll see a percentage below your crosshair. As long as you're zoomed in you're always charging a shot till it goes to 100. It doesn't take long to go to 100. But if you're spamming shots you won't get a full charge.

Paltheos

The hook's less consistent than it was before though. First day after the patch, a Soldier I tried hooking down from the catwalk by the second checkpoint in Dorado was just let go when he backed away when he saw the hook. On the other hand though, I still pull people around objects out of LOS allot. I didn't know what the rules are before, and I still don't now. =/

I wish you could change the position of the ammo counter. It would make it much easier to know when to use Zarya's alt fire.

For those who don't realize what he's getting at:

Zarya's alt-fire costs 25 ammo - unless you're at less than 25, in which case it just costs whatever you have left. So you should alt-fire right before you run out of ammo to get maximum damage per reload.

HiiiLife

The hook's less consistent than it was before though. First day after the patch, a Soldier I tried hooking down from the catwalk by the second checkpoint in Dorado was just let go when he backed away when he saw the hook. On the other hand though, I still pull people around objects out of LOS allot. I didn't know what the rules are before, and I still don't now. =/

Rules since patch: Stay out in open if you want hook to fail, or hide behind payload if you wanna guarantee a hook to clip through and suffer a WTF death.

xaosslug

i just noticed if D.Va uses the Carbon Fiber meka her hair is black too! That's kewl!

I'm finally back from holiday and ready to do my placement matches lol.

If I grouped up with Platinum/Diamond players for placements, would the game take that into account as my opponents will most likely be a lot harder? Or should I just solo queue and hope for the best?

i have no idea how it all works, tbh. I ran with a guy unplaced for my first 4 and won all 4, and then played 4 with a group of 4 platinums + 1 diamond for 2 wins and 2 losses, then the last couple w/ 2 platinum (won both). I placed 2715SR. So... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Probably been mentioned or discussed already, but would tweaking the UI so that players can choose characters' costumes, emotes, etc. at the character select screen be a tall order? It's just something I'm accustomed to from playing fighting games.

Related to that, it would be awesome if there was a training mode that allowed you to program actions for dummy characters so that you can practice different scenarios and repeat ad nauseam. I just want an arena where I can practice air to air shots with Pharah.

Prelude.

Probably been mentioned or discussed already, but would tweaking the UI so that players can choose characters' costumes, emotes, etc. at the character select screen be a tall order? It's just something I'm accustomed to from playing fighting games.
They're planning to implement that.

Gorillaz

With the free weekend coming up is anyone thinking about taking a break from the game? Or at least only messing with comp if your in a high enough rank?

Team setups are frustrating when playing with people who KNOW better...but people who don't?

I'm not strong enough to handle genji weekend

when i don't sign up for Rein right away, i like picking last sometimes and if it's me and another person waiting, seeing who caves to pick a healer

I first pick just for that reason.

With the free weekend coming up is anyone thinking about taking a break from the game? Or at least only messing with comp if your in a high enough rank?

Team setups are frustrating when playing with people who KNOW better...but people who don't?

I'm not strong enough to handle genji weekend

Comp requires both an account level minimum and 10 placement matches. If someone is dedicated enough to play through that much OW and get to my MMR, I'd have no worries playing with them. Most of the Competitive playerbase won't be affected by it.

Also remember Free Weekend is only on Console.

Gorillaz

I first pick just for that reason.

Comp requires both an account level minimum and 10 placement matches. If someone is dedicated enough to play through that much OW and get to my MMR, I'd have no worries playing with them. Most of the Competitive playerbase won't be affected by it.

Also remember Free Weekend is only on Console.

I am on console lol.

I don't think it will be that bad tbh, got a bud who just got a ps4 not to long ago so probably going to do a bunch of group matches with him and mess around with characters I usually don't

it's going to be bad

Roadhog is actually 5x worse now than he was before the patch. His hook is buggy half the time and is kinda unplayable. One match he's fine, and the next match you can't kill anyone off of hook because the positioning fucks up.

Widow really needs to get her old damage back, atleast on consoles. And have her kit reworked.
I don't think they'll revert the damage but Blizzard did say they are looking into the scope at least.... That was all they said but hopefully they do something.

I still like playing her but it's hard to justify using her over Ana or McCree.

XSX

Anyone up for some games on PS4? Add me! PSN: sjm_675

Would like to get a good group going for comp, but quick play is fine for now.

Okay, it's time for hero stacking to go from quick play.

Two Mei team on Anubis = literally unbeatable. Ult covers the entire point, can charge during each other's ult, can contest the point in ice form while self healing and building ult.

Nope. Time to go.

Xyber

And now solo Q taketh away.
Sigh, 4 straight losses.....tumbling down diamond. Master seems so far away again.

I feel you. Got to 3200 and then it has been nothing but losses with a few wins sprinkled in. Doesn't help that I keep getting matched against teams with 3-4 top 500 players, those games have been complete stomps.

I also keep getting games where my team is only solo queues and the other team got 3-3, 5-1 or 2-2-2 stacks. I don't care that our average rating might be on par, a team with a 5-stack will be infinitely more coordinated than a bunch of randoms where maybe 2 people actually communicate. Doesn't help that I'm in Europe where a lot of people might not even be comfortable speaking in English.

antitrop

Whelp, I just made the worst Overwatch mistake I think you can possibly do. Enemy Ana boosted a Rein and our Ana sleep darted him. Then I shot him a few times as Soldier. Then he ulted our entire team, won the match, and got POTM.

Oops.

We were going to lose anyway, but man it felt shitty. Well, not as shitty as if we were actually going to win, but pretty shitty, nonetheless.

xaosslug

super difficult to even attempt to learn Zarya in QP, tbh. Literally the only time the team groups up well enough for her to 'work' is in the last 60 seconds of a match, but it's hard to build momentum by that point. -____-

Animator

Had the best comp match just now on gibraltar. We hit overtime on attack in front of spawn since we only had 1 min yet we managed to push the payload all the way to the end all on overtime and somehow managed to win on defense too. It was so intense.

Games in plat on PC are pretty good when they are evenly matched, but way too often right now, theres a person draggin a whole team down, cause they got placed way too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom