• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
See what?

Tfw the enemy trickles out one by one in overtime to save the point and then their zenyatta ults allowing them to get 6 on the point, only to get graviton surged and wiped.

How much points are people getting on average?

I'm sorry you had to see me carrying my team as Symmetra.

PatjuhR

How successful will I be if I try to pick up Tracer and start harassing their healers and snipers from the back? I never really tried that and when I play as a healer I don't feel like that's ever happening to me aswell.

Well they got stomped but it's still cheating.
They only lost like 5 points for that I think.

Symbol could've been glitched, or they dropped down from Grandmaster to like Diamond or something.

The game wouldn't allow them to play together at all if it were against the rules.

AcAnchoa

I have the feeling that you need a W/L ratio higher than 60% to crawl up the ladder and that's totally out of my reach. It took me a few days to recover some ground after a heavy fall and last night three bad games sent me right into the black hole once again.

Jellie

Symbol could've been glitched, or they dropped down from Grandmaster to like Diamond or something.

The game wouldn't allow them to play together at all if it were against the rules.
Checked their sr. 2200 and 4000 plus you lose icon at master or grandmaster if you lose the rank.

AngryMoth

I have probably less that an hour played on Reaper due to his design/personality but just picked him out of desperation on Dorado when we were getting stomped and cleaned the fuck up. Come on Blizzard release a pink skin or something then I'll play him a bunch

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I have probably less that an hour played on Reaper due to his design/personality but just picked him out of desperation on Dorado when we were getting stomped and cleaned the fuck up. Come on Blizzard release a pink skin or something then I'll play him a bunch

Mariachi tho.

DevilDog

Reaper is a joke on all the edgy cliche characters Blizzard has ever done. Having him have a pink skin would be too obvious and too easy.

Blues1990

You can unlock either the Nevermore/Plague Doctor or the El Blanco/Mariachi to solve this, as at least those costumes are legitimately cool.

Heck, it's the reason why I went with Reaper's origins skin, as he looks less goofy than his standard attire.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Checked their sr. 2200 and 4000 plus you lose icon at master or grandmaster if you lose the rank.
I read somewhere that it was letting anyone queue up.

Finally carried my way out of gold and into Plat. My performances in gold would've netted me a 3000+ rank in placements, but I got some suuuper shitty teams. Hopefully I keep the win streak going.

Also DVA is the low/mid-tier carry beast. At the beginning of every match I was saying 2-2-2 please and begging people to switch if it wasn't working out. My pleases and begs caused people to change and it won us multiple games. In the gold rank people can't kill for shit, so having heavy duty tanks and 2 supports puts you in a huge advantage I think.

Jellie

I read somewhere that it was letting anyone queue up.

Finally carried my way out of gold and into Plat. My performances in gold would've netted me a 3000+ rank in placements, but I got some suuuper shitty teams. Hopefully I keep the win streak going.
You got a link? Blizzard said to prevent smurfing it would be 1000 sr limit and 500 for master and above.

LiK

yea, there's a SR limit. even a group i was with had that issue and they ended up playing QP and Brawl instead.

How successful will I be if I try to pick up Tracer and start harassing their healers and snipers from the back? I never really tried that and when I play as a healer I don't feel like that's ever happening to me aswell.

Being simply annoying and actually being scary with Tracer boils down to whether or not you can actually get kills with her reasonably quickly. Takes a bit of time to get used to her spread. I'd suggest practicing on KOTH and really try to nail your whole clip from optimal range. Once you get better you'll drop supports in 2 clips or 1 if you're super on point.

Solo Qing my way from 2200 out of placements, to a current 2770, I can say that I've seen people glitching the 500 MMR range requirement for grouping in comp. It's stupid. I saw legit 3400 Diamonds Q'd up with a 2400 Gold.

Fix your fucking game Blizzard.

Solo Qing my way from 2200 out of placements, to a current 2770, I can say that I've seen people glitching the 500 MMR range requirement for grouping in comp. It's stupid. I saw legit 3400 Diamonds Q'd up with a 2400 Gold.

I aspire to be you. I placed at 2350, currently in the dregs at 2150. It feels like trying to swim up a waterfall.

Any tips?

Tyreny

The Zarya switch continues to have been the best possible idea

Back up to 2472, up from 2190 this morning.

I 2nd that. Playing Zarya primarily in S2 makes me wonder wtf i was doing in S1. Shes got the best aspects of tank (HP/Shields), Defense (Barriers) and DPS (Full charge) all rolled in to one.

Jellie

Good job climbing. That range is OK for diamond (1000) only masters and above is 500

LiK

they're in the 1000 range so that's fine. only Masters and GM is 500

My comp stats aren't updating on Overbuff or Master Overwatch, and it's kinda deflating. I like looking back on a session and seeing how I did.

DevilDog

Ana is so much fun, she has an insane skill cap and can literally outplay anyone, all while keeping an extremely varied playstyle.

Grenades, projectiles, hitscan, scopes she is awesome. I only hope the next heroes are as good as her.

iirc, i think that was what they originally wanted and put into PTR (i forget) but changed it when it went live. i'm guessing 500 was too limited from feedback.

It's bogus, if you ask me. They need a separate solo queue and group queue, with separate skill rantings.

Filben

Am I the only one thinking the toxic Overwatch community gets worse every day? Quick play is so relaxed to play and as soon you go competitive all those ego gamers melt down.

First game of the second season: Ilinos, I play tracer because she and Genji are the heroes I am definitely most effective with and have nearly 100 hours with them combined. People think they know what's best for the team by telling you, not asking, you should switch (to tank or healer or whatever). But it's even worse when they think to know what hero you're best with. When I have three gold medals for objective kills and time, eliminations and silver for damage I think I've done pretty good job. Especially when I'm the only one nuking three guys at the objective and waiting for my mates there.

We lost after five rounds and two people blamed me for not switching.

I'm not flawless but I know when I'm "in the game" and when not and I always try to be self-reflected. An ability many players seem to have not. Maybe the medals give me a false awareness of how well I'm doing in the round but that's the only meter I have. When I see I don't do any good due to constantly dying, not killing or no medals, I start switching heroes. But people, instead of changing to the hero they think suits the team best, they tell people. Why? First option is they think THEIR hero is absolutely mandatory. And I almost tend to think there is no such mandatory in Overwatch since latest balance patches. Second option is they may think they aren't good enough with the required hero. But assume you are.

I don't know what to do guys. Seriously. I reckon I'll just deactivate team chat right from the start. This may seem a bit harsh at first, but given how many times there actually is constructive discussion and teamplay in chat and how many times just ranting and foul language I guess the team won't lose much if you don't read the chat at all.

I don't say there aren't any good matches and friendly people, though. I always try to influence even a silence team positively with motivational words in chat, tell my team what pleasure it was to play with them or who's done a great job, sharing appreciation. I don't seal myself from positive experience to emphasize on bad ones. I'm totally aware of good matches and cool guys in my team. Just the other day one of the enemy team's guys happen to get in my team, remembered me and said how annoying I was as tracer and that he's glad he's on my side, yet. I really appreciate such compliments although it's not what I'm after. But rotten team players are definitely more in numbers, leaving aside the silent ones who don't chat at all.

What is you guys opinion on the Overwatch community? Do you agree, do I exaggerate, do you think it gets better or worse?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh wow, just had a win that resulted in 3 SR gain.

Which was mostly because I was reinhardt against a team that was so bad that they couldn't even get into a the point to do anything, but still.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Am I the only one thinking the toxic Overwatch community gets worse every day? Quick play is so relaxed to play and as soon you go competitive all those ego gamers melt down.

First game of the second season: Ilinos, I play tracer because she and Genji are the heroes I am definitely most effective with and have nearly 100 hours with them combined. People think they know what's best for the team by telling you, not asking, you should switch (to tank or healer or whatever). But it's even worse when they think to know what hero you're best with. When I have three gold medals for objective kills and time, eliminations and silver for damage I think I've done pretty good job. Especially when I'm the only one nuking three guys at the objective and waiting for my mates there.

We lost after five rounds and two people blamed me for not switching.

I'm not flawless but I know when I'm "in the game" and when not and I always try to be self-reflected. An ability many players seem to have not. Maybe the medals give me a false awareness of how well I'm doing in the round but that's the only meter I have. When I see I don't do any good due to constantly dying, not killing or no medals, I start switching heroes. But people, instead of changing to the hero they think suits the team best, they tell people. Why? First option is they think THEIR hero is absolutely mandatory. And I almost tend to think there is no such mandatory in Overwatch since latest balance patches. Second option is they may think they aren't good enough with the required hero. But assume you are.

I don't know what to do guys. Seriously. I reckon I'll just deactivate team chat right from the start. This may seem a bit harsh at first, but given how many times there actually is constructive discussion and teamplay in chat and how many times just ranting and foul language I guess the team won't lose much if you don't read the chat at all.

I don't say there aren't any good matches and friendly people, though. I always try to influence even a silence team positively with motivational words in chat, tell my team what pleasure it was to play with them or who's done a great job, sharing appreciation. I don't seal myself from positive experience to emphasize on bad ones. I'm totally aware of good matches and cool guys in my team. Just the other day one of the enemy team's guys happen to get in my team, remembered me and said how annoying I was as tracer and that he's glad he's on my side, yet. I really appreciate such compliments although it's not what I'm after. But rotten team players are definitely more in numbers, leaving aside the silent ones who don't chat at all.

What is you guys opinion on the Overwatch community? Do you agree, do I exaggerate, do you think it gets better or worse?

To be honest, if you want the best chance of winning, especially at lower ranks, 2-2-2 is what's going to get you the win. As long as you're part of the 2 DPS and you're getting gold, you did your job. People suck and don't worry about it.

Jellie

Oh wow, just had a win that resulted in 3 SR gain.

Which was mostly because I was reinhardt against a team that was so bad that they couldn't even get into a the point to do anything, but still.

What's the average sr for both teams? I've gone +5 +4 +5 3 in a row.

DevilDog

I think the overwatch community is great. But as a great philosopher once said, even if you drink a glass of water which has 1% piss in it, the piss will stand out.

But by far the positives outweight the negatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom