• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

I suck with Reaper, he's like one of my worst characters. I'm too lazy to try tricky flanking strats, I just like to play straight up the middle.

that sounds like me trying to use Ana. "But i don't want to have to shoot to heal people".

That and i can't aim well enough for a sniper, but the general sentiment.

Tovarisc

it has always worked like that and always will!

And unicorns are real!

If it worked like you and some others claim then I would have gotten out of Gold days ago through my personal skill as healer, but it doesn't work like that. In many games it feels like I need to tank, dps and heal at once in order to carry team into victories that are 100% mandatory to get out of tier. Your personal skill as healer has so little effect on it when looking at large picture.

Man, two dudes who were pretty good but just refused to play as a team. Insta locked Reaper and Genji and just kept leaving the payload and trying to push up way too far. And they spammed thanks when we lost. I'm sure they had gold and silver eliminations and assumed they had a crappy team.

Ramirez

Stupid PSN.

Sorry Ramirez.

I literally just got your invite, and when I opened it, I see it was sent 28 minutes ago...

How dumb is that...

Mine always say that, I think it's a bug? lol

We're still playing if you want in.

I probably should have stayed Rein, Vault, but I didn't feel confident with him because of their Zarya/RH/Mei combo.

I hate how this MM will pair you up with the same people multiple times.

ksan

Sage advice, I do have an extreme tendency to just aim straight center mass with him.

The sound effect for critical hits in this game is very satisfying.

to be honest, thats why i said it, you think you have a huge spread and just go for center mass, but not aiming for the head is the #1 mistake ppl who are not used to playing him do

xaosslug

any GAF peeps grouping up for comp laterz? I'm off nao, but I'll be back in 30mins for a solid 3 hours if anyone is up for it? :D

PSN: res1tvih (no mic, tho)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
8pe3MbX.jpg

my life is now complete.

I'm playing Roadhog tonight. He needs more love.

When you finally get good at using his alt-fire along with his standard hook-n-shoot, he becomes such a terror.

Owzers

any GAF peeps grouping up for comp laterz? I'm off nao, but I'll be back in 30mins for a solid 3 hours if anyone is up for it? :D

PSN: res1tvih (no mic, tho)

One day we will all use mics and talk about Reapers and their schemes.

edit: Wait a minute, i didn't know trash talking Roadhogs was a thing, maybe people complain about every character...

ksan

And unicorns are real!

If it worked like you and some others claim then I would have gotten out of Gold days ago through my personal skill as healer, but it doesn't work like that. In many games it feels like I need to tank, dps and heal at once in order to carry team into victories that are 100% mandatory to get out of tier. Your personal skill as healer has so little effect on it when looking at large picture.

it's basic statistics, unless how well you play as a healer has zero impact on the game outcome, you would end up higher by being a better healer eventually

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Any gaffers group on PC?

I'm just level 14, so can't play comp yet, but would like to play with some know folks instead of randoms all the time.

Prelude.

And unicorns are real!

It's mostly luck when solo queueing, in my placement matches for S2 (that are supposed to place you lower than your assumed skill) I got placed higher than my season high and a hell of a lot higher than where I mostly hovered around in S1.
My only recommendation for solo queuing at lower levels is trying to play characters that "get shit done". So basically characters that can start pushes and opportunities to engage, like Zarya. If you play support you're most likely gonna sit in the back hoping that the rest of the team will finally go in, which is something that will never happen until the "end of the match" music starts playing, and you're just gonna try to heal people trickling in for the whole game. Self-sustaining characters are also pretty good since you don't have to rely on a random healer.

Jellie

It's great when you lose 2/3 rounds because one guy kept DCing. Total BS man.
Think this happened with me and Lik a few days ago with a guy dcing at least 5 times. Luckily their team wasn't very good and we won but it made it a very close game instead of a comfortable victory.

Ramirez

Each team has a minute to move the payload and my team decides to basically give up the first CP on Gibraltar uncontested, FUCK ME.

Tovarisc

it's basic statistics, unless how well you play as a healer has zero impact on the game outcome, you would end up higher by being a better healer eventually

Can I see these statistics for OW? Also how long time in "eventually"? 250 or so games with 50% W/L -ratio over 3 months weren't enough to get me from 40s back to even low 50s. My personal skill level as healer went from 53-ish to 59 to 44 in like 3 days, lol.

ksan

Can I see these statistics for OW? Also how long time in "eventually"? 250 or so games with 50% W/L -ratio over 3 months weren't enough to get me from 40s back to even low 50s. My personal skill level as healer went from 53-ish to 59 to 44 in like 3 days, lol.

if you wanna keep telling urself that, sure, but thats not how u git gud

The only thing I noticed was how terrible the attacking team was lol.

This. I love Seagull, but if I tried any of that stuff as Symm, it'd get countered immediately. Or just ignored, which is why fortifying that room isn't a great play, people can just bypass it, and flankers can rush through it without getting. He had a lot of success, but it felt more like that was down to a lack of proper counterplay than a particularly strong showing. You CAN play a solid Symmetra on Hanamura A, it's one of her good spots, but that was not great.

Plus, enemy team had an attack Symm. Not a great sign of competence there.

Ramirez

Getting to master will be tough. But I also feel like I'm below average in those games with all Diamond and a few masters with 3350ish average rating. So I'm probably right where I should be.

I'm not sure I even care. We beat a few of those dudes pretty easily then it puts them on our team against 3 Masters, the MM is really shit in this game, IMO.

God, why can people be so bad at this game. Insta locking DPS to end up doing nothing the entire time. Ran into a duo queue who insta locked McCree and Reaper. At one point we didn't have a single tank.

Pretty much every loss today was because randoms don't know how to shoot a Teacer or a Pharah. I'm really starting to hate comp.

GGs Nuno, those games were headache inducing.

Tovarisc

if you wanna keep telling urself that, sure, but thats not how u git gud

Telling myself what? That healing yourself out of 40s / Gold is extremely hard if not impossible? Especially when compared to carry heroes like Cree or Zarya or even Reaper. I guess I need "git gud" and start healing 20+k average instead of 15k average / match and start do some Mercy tanking while healing.

Gorillaz

yea Quick Play is FLOODED right now alot of groups with people having average levels of 5 and 6 on there squad

definitely taking it laid back his weekend in QP looks like most might have just shifted to comp

AbaFadi

Banned
Any groups on PS4 in Diamond League looking to team up? I'm trying to get to Masters, but solo quene isn't working out too well for me. I'm currently sitting at 3323 SR, highest 3430 SR. Send me a request if interested in grouping up. I do use a mic.

PSN: AbadabadaFadi

Telling myself what? That healing yourself out of 40s / Gold is extremely hard if not impossible? Especially when compared to carry heroes like Cree or Zarya or even Reaper. I guess I need "git gud" and start healing 20+k average instead of 15k average / match and start do some Mercy tanking while healing.
Try getting better at different heroes and see how that works out?

exYle

8pe3MbX.jpg

my life is now complete.

*breathy laughter*

I've been trying to tank my SR today so I can play with buddies on the weekend, so I decided to practice characters that I like, but aren't quite comfortable with. So I played a bunch of Roadhog. Actually had some good games! Just couldn't perform up to standard

Ramirez

Any groups on PS4 in Diamond League looking to team up? I'm trying to get to Masters, but solo quene isn't working out too well for me. I'm currently sitting at 3323 SR, highest 3430 SR. Send me a request if interested in grouping up. I do use a mic.

PSN: AbadabadaFadi

TJ-Ramirez

Tovarisc

Try getting better at different heroes and see how that works out?

Playing e.g. Reaper or Mei is a lot easier and less stressful for sure. You can just chill and kill shit without really caring about rest of your team. I know it would work out better, I just find roles outside of healing quite boring in OW.

Personal issue that one. Always find myself going back to healing roles.

Chorazin

Anyone on Xbone having connection issues tonight? I got booted from my first two games. Sure I love rejoining and my team lost three people....

Those 6v6 all solo que games where for some reason one team is throttling the other even though the skill ratings are very similar. I wonder if one swap could change those games entirely. Like take a good long look at both team comps and there's just one hero that fits perfectly and completely changes the game. I guess I should try stuff like that more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom