• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 teams of 3 vs 6 randoms, fuck you SO hard Blizzard.

Happened to us while we were placing.

Except, the team of 6 were all 5 already placed + a Tracer that was Top 500, mid 70's rank last season.

Feels bad man.

Except for that, killer matches Payoff and Biscuit! Cheers to more.

We in there.

xrlNNYe.jpg

But I've got a massive headache right now, so I'm just gonna go to bed.

AcAnchoa

Me: Rein, stop rushing into their base.
Rein: <Rushes anyway>
M: Come back!
R: <Dies> y no heal?
M: <Loses even more faith in humanity>

I've lost 400 SR points in two days. I think I'll be in negative numbers in no time.

Chance

Me: Rein, stop rushing into their base.
Rein: <Rushes anyway>
M: Come back!
R: <Dies> y no heal?
M: <Loses even more faith in humanity>

I've lost 400 SR points in two days. I think I'll be in negative numbers in no time.

Are there any Mercies here who'll Guardian Angel into the fray when a tank (or solid DPS like Reaper or McCree) does a dive like that? Hook up the beam at 15 meters, keep it connected and jump around like crazy for the 2-second cooldown, and fly back behind your line as soon as the cooldown comes up. You've healed for (approximately) 320 HP, their entire team has turned away from your line to deal with the kamikaze, and your line has usually shredded them with DPS.

It's a risky maneuver, but I can't count the number of times it's turned a tide or capped a point for me.

xaosslug

peeps keep talking about a win streak bonus... how many wins does I gotta rack up b4 I reach that? T__T

anyone up for a few games of season 2 comp. curently with shitty randoms

PSN: Alpha_Zero88

i'm currently down to 2300 (from 2700 T__T), but I'm not out! LOL I'm in a qp game rn, but add me and send me an invite! PSN: res1tvih No mic, tho... so if you's cool w/ dat... :D

Owzers

i think i might try out Mercy sometime in comp, my hiding skills are still lacking but i'm a good healer/dmg buffer perhaps.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
peeps keep talking about a win streak bonus... how many wins does I gotta rack up b4 I reach that? T__T

i'm currently down to 2300 (from 2700 T__T), but I'm not out! LOL I'm in a qp game rn, but add me and send me an invite! PSN: res1tvih No mic, tho... so if you's cool w/ dat... :D

Theslightconfuse

just got a group but ill deff add you guys and we can play together!, same i wasnt as high as you but dropped to 2335ish because of randoms

Skii

3rd placement match done. Man it was a mess.

We're defending first on Dorado and get absolutely steamrolled until the final checkpoint. My record on Reaper was 3-7 at that point lol. We manage to hold on the last point for 4 minutes before we finally succumb. Decent come back for a team with no healer. On attack, someone changes to Zenyatta and we somehow run it quicker than the opposition which gave us the platform to win. I thought we were going to get trounced but the team pulled through in the end. I think my record ended up 48-11 which isn't too bad.

Man I'm such a nervous wreck during these placement matches. So much on the line.

Redmoon

Giving this a shot on my PS4 since its free for the weekend just to see how I fair in this with a controller. Prob gonna stick to Mercy. Any recommended rebinds for her?

Wednesday, I'm on comp on PS4, as Zen, 2/2/2. Goes great on attack, but for defense I wonder if I should switch to DPS, so I call out the Lucio by name and ask if he can hear me.

"Understood," he emotes.

I ask if he thinks I should stick with Zen or go DPS.

"I need healing!"

I tell him okay and stick with Zen.

"Thank you!"

It was frickin' brilliant. We won.

Yeah, it's not optimal, but it can work. I call out people sneaking behind us and at least two or three people peel off, so I know they're listening. I've done a pre-match mic check- ask everyone who can hear me to come up to me and say "Understood". 3-5 are usually listening.

blakep267

Getting kind of frustrating. Every other match a teammate quits and I lose

And it's kind of maddening when you have a mercy on your team and you go an entire full round without seeing her pop revive once. Like why even choose mercy if you're not going to use her best feature

Ramirez

And it's kind of maddening when you have a mercy on your team and you go an entire full round without seeing her pop revive once. Like why even choose mercy if you're not going to use her best feature

She's probably dead more than alive. Mercy is such a bad pick in random que, IMO.

Chance

I've gone whole rounds and never had the chance to rez more than one friendly at a time, so I hold it for a 2-rez (or a great tank). These games often, also, include the phrase "Tracer/Reaper is flanking. Nevermind, I'm dead. Good luck."

XgchJVf.jpg

Jarate

Banned
>lose 26 points despite 4 Golding as zarya when we lose
>gain only 26 despite 2 gold medals and 2 silvers as Zarya

This MMR system sucks ass

Is there any official statement on leaver penalties for season 2? I've gotten 2 queue suspensions ( 5m and 10m) over the past 2 days because my internet randomly dropped before some matches started, and I'm curious what will happen if this occurs a few more times over the season.

What sucks is that each time, I'm able to connect back to the server, but because of the match reset, I'm never able to get back in time. This is pretty stupid as I'm not leaving intentionally.

Is there any official statement on leaver penalties for season 2? I've gotten 2 queue suspensions ( 5m and 10m) over the past 2 days because my internet randomly dropped before some matches started, and I'm curious what will happen if this occurs a few more times over the season.

What sucks is that each time, I'm able to connect back to the server, but because of the match reset, I'm never able to get back in time. This is pretty stupid as I'm not leaving intentionally.

So even if it's not intentional, it still ruins the game for your team. If your internet is unreliable, maybe competitive mode isn't for you?

Bronze elims with 12k healing as Lucio. Won the match handily too

I think I'm forever doomed to play Lucio on comp. Sure the team won but seriously, 4 DPS autolocked at start. Luckily people switched but still not the most enthusiastic start. I don't mind Lucio since I'm good with him but I do like some variation people...

Moonkid

Just had a comp game with a bunch of random gc's, everyone talking and being friendly. Sadly the enemy team decided to tap out so we couldn't really make the most of it :c But on the plus side i got Reinhardt's legendary Dark Souls skin.

So even if it's not intentional, it still ruins the game for your team. If your internet is unreliable, maybe competitive mode isn't for you?

I was playing with my group of friends in a party of 6 for like 3 hours before this happened. Even then, when it happened, the game just ended and put everyone back in a lobby, which is why I was mad since I was able to reconnect literally 3 seconds after getting D/Ced.

edit: This is the first time this has happened which is why I was asking about Blizzard's leaver statement since this never happened in the 200ish games of comp I've played last season.

Owzers

do you guys still like playing qp or is it all comp? I never invite anyone to group up when i'm playing qp with my one irl friend because i presume everyone is doing the comp chomp.

Jarate

Banned
Fuck the incompetent useless human beings who play this game. They deserve nothing but the worst shit in life. Do they pick useless mccree because they have a hard time fucking tying their fucking shoe

I'm sick and tired of people being so fucking incompetent. I'm so fucking upset right now. This is literally the stupidest shitbof all fucking time. I hate the people who play this game

Crzy1

Yeah this true. My solo queue Mercy win rate is one of the worst in the game
I do quite well with her in solo queue, but you have to know when to hang it up. If the enemy team has good flankers, you're better off going Lucio or Ana. I typically stay near the tanks and I never chase teammates to heal them if they get overly aggressive, no sense in putting myself in harm's way.

Seems my luck today was with tanks, though, had some awesome rounds with Zarya and Roadhog tonight. Actually didn't have any leavers this evening, but did have a couple of just plain terrible teams. I just wonder how people who are supposedly of the same skill level can be so absolutely clueless sometimes.

do you guys still like playing qp or is it all comp? I never invite anyone to group up when i'm playing qp with my one irl friend because i presume everyone is doing the comp chomp.

I usually warm up with QP, then do a game or two of comp, then go back to QP. I stay out of comp alot just so that it doesn't burn me out and that I can put everything into the one or two matches and not lose any bit of focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom