• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm to the point where I literally have to tell people that I can do anything except Lucio or Mercy. I probably sound like an ass, but I'm completely useless with them. Happy to play Zen though.
Yeah, I've excepted the fact that I'm garbage with Mercy. I'm also garbage with Widow, but who wants her on their team :p

ksan

Reads like the shots spread more quickly but recovers faster. So basically 3 shot burst, wait, 3 shot burst? Could explain why I'm bad at taking down Pharah this season.

Edit: but I totally got how to destroy Pharahs with Zen.
Pretty much yeah

No, this is basically right. It rewards burst firing and watching your reticle now, punishes full auto and macro users.

Do you have any idea what the ideal burst is now? I'm still doing the old 4 shot burst

Farewell

The game is so much fun.

Should you always pick for example a defender, when it says not enough defenders in group?
Or pick my best class.
Is it really that important to have one of each role in the team?

Skii

The game is so much fun.

Should you always pick for example a defender, when it says not enough defenders in group?
Or pick my best class?

Defence class is notoriously the weakest class in the game. So don't be too worried by that notice. Stick with what you're good at but I'd advise learning one DPS, one tank and one healer to cover every situation.

ekim

The game is so much fun.

Or pick my best class?

First and foremost play the char you are most comfortable with unless it's completely useless for the situation. I guess you just started out so following the recommendation on the character selection screen is not a bad idea to learn other chars asap.

ksan

The game is so much fun.

Or pick my best class.
Is it really that important to have one of each role in the team?

this is some good shit to read if you actually wanna know how the game is "supposed" to be play, don't take it as a bible, its fine to play heroes that you like instead, but it can be of some help
https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiv...atch_hero_meta_report_season_2_meta_boogaloo/

Farewell

Pick Widowmaker. Always

Defence class is notoriously the weakest class in the game. So don't be too worried by that notice. Stick with what you're good at but I'd advise learning one DPS, one tank and one healer to cover every situation.

First and foremost play the char you are most comfortable with unless it's completely useless for the situation. I guess you just started out so following the recommendation on the character selection screen is not a bad idea to learn other chars asap.

this is some good shit to read if you actually wanna know how the game is "supposed" to be play, don't take it as a bible, its fine to play heroes that you like instead, but it can be of some help
https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiv...atch_hero_meta_report_season_2_meta_boogaloo/

Ok, thanks!

Yay I finally got the Origins Edition upgrade. Yay for it being on sale! I've been dying to get the 76 and Reaper origins costume, they look so much better that way.

Tovarisc

Every time I'm 1-2 games from Plat game fucks me over so hard and gives several games back to back where opposing team utterly rolfstomp destroys my team. Now that this has happened 3 times it stops looking like coincidence. Wouldn't be first Blizz game that is hellbent on keeping people in tiers they were put into.

Edit: Also can't wait for that day when SR actually is measurement MY skil, not measurement of ME + 5 Randos.

ksan

Yay I finally got the Origins Edition upgrade. Yay for it being on sale! I've been dying to get the 76 and Reaper origins costume, they look so much better that way.

slipstream's the real shit
Every time I'm 1-2 games from Plat game fucks me over so hard and gives several games back to back where opposing team utterly rolfstomp destroys my team. Now that this has happened 3 times it stops looking like coincidence. Wouldn't be first Blizz game that is hellbent on keeping people in tiers they were put into.

youre letting it get to you, you got it man, just refocus

Tovarisc

youre letting it get to you, you got it man, just refocus

When you get games where enemies don't die no matter what your teams DPS tries to cook up and your own tanks implode in few seconds, even when I heal e.g. Rein constantly. You can bet it will get to me. Overall S2 has been a lot about getting 1 win and then 3-4 loses in row.

ksan

When you get games where enemies don't die no matter what your teams DPS tries to cook up and your own tanks implode in few seconds, even when I heal e.g. Rein constantly. You can bet it will get to me. Overall S2 has been a lot about getting 1 win and then 3-4 loses in row.

well, happened to me today as well, then i got back in my groove and went on a 5 game winning streak, there's a shit ton of variation when queuing up with randoms in soloQ, but if you deserve to be higher you'll end up higher eventually, that's how it works

and yeah, i got salty b4 getting my shit back together

and if you have to heal rein constantly, you prolly had the worst rein ever, sorry =(

antitrop

Climbed back to 2500 after dropping from 2600 to 2200. Feels good to not be the only person with a Platinum icon out of 12 people again. :p

Mei is pretty scary. Somebody was telling me that they think she is better than McCree. After watching them on Mei I can see why they think that.

Someone needs to look at damage calcs and see if Mei can out DPS McCree given certain circumstances.

Like, I get McCree is great for flanking, etc.

But Blizzard seems much better than High Noon in most cases.

I dunno, in my pub Comp matches it seems single target focus is not as valuable as mobility / denial and / or AOE effects.

Climbed back to 2500 after dropping from 2600 to 2200. Feels good.

Any tips / observations? Gonna try to climb back up myself this weekend.

I can't believe our team worked with a Bastion on offense. Wow.

Although it was weird that this guy on our team insisted we have a Mei. And I listened. And I wrecked shop.

I thank whoever that was lol

LiK

On the Overwatch store page click the buy button and it should give you the discount

c671346c8f941145bf21e1e5d7c51505.png

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/overwatch-origins

shit. is the regular also on sale?

Tovarisc

well, happened to me today as well, then i got back in my groove and went on a 5 game winning streak, there's a shit ton of variation when queuing up with randoms, but if you deserve to be higher you'll end up higher eventually, that's how it works

and yeah, i got salty b4 getting my shit back together

and if you have to heal rein constantly, you prolly had the worst rein ever, sorry =(

It doesn't work like that. Didn't work in S1 and doesn't S2. As long they keep your SR tied to performance of other 5 players (read: victory / loss) you aren't getting "where you belong" without maining flavor of month carry and being able to carry 5 other players game after game. For someone like me who mains Mercy / Zen because healers always lacking climb is fucking shitshow as healer can't really carry.

Yeah, I'm salty about YOUR SR being tied to 5 others on the team and end result of match. Not to you how YOU perform.

I hate being stuck in sub-2000 hell. When I group up with people we move up in rank, with coordinated play. But solo queue, it's impossible to move up. There is no way to carry a team when you have 2 players who refuse to switch roles, and don't even join voice chat. I can't play at times when my friends can, so I rarely can group up.

I know that people say "if you are getting 3 or 4 gold per match and are still losing, then it's partly your fault." I call BS to that. The last 5 matches I've played, we won 2 when people communicated and picked appropriate roles, and lost 3 when we had people not communicating and refusing to switch roles. One game no one would go tank or healer except me. 4 dps and 1 junkrat and me! What can I even do? There's nothing. And then when we lose I lose 80-100 points, and when we win I gain 20-40.

It's incredibly discouraging as a player. When I am in the mid-2000s I can stay there forever, it's awesome. But if I lose 3 or 4 in a row, boom, I'm in the bottom 10% all of the sudden. How can someone move from median to bottom 10% based on 4 matches, and then make it impossible to climb out? It's incredibly frustrating and makes me want to stop playing.

Jarate

Banned
I'm getting close to getting up to diamond so I can play with the cool kids club!

I'm coming for you Ramirez and Vault Dweller and Kor, you best be prepared to deal with my shenanigans! :p

antitrop

I suck with Reaper, he's like one of my worst characters. I'm too lazy to try tricky flanking strats, I just like to play straight up the middle.

I suck with Reaper, he's like one of my worst characters. I'm too lazy to try tricky flanking strats, I just like to play straight up the middle.

He's become my main :) This season so far he's my most-played character, with Mercy and McCree right behind him. He's a very simple character, imo one of the easiest to play, yet so satisfying in a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom