• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZangBa

hey, I may be screwing around when I run Symm on attack (for the most part!) but it's not MY fault if my team can't seize the opportunity a teleporter behind enemy lines affords. T__T

Not a single teleporter was even put down. Pretty sure it was some kind of troll group.

xaosslug

Not a single teleporter was even put down. Pretty sure it was some kind of troll group.

that sucks. I think I had a guy that was 'practicing' (or trolling...) McCree in acomp match, today. LOL He was no help and we lost, so after the match I checked his stats and McCree was one of his least played chars. At one point he switched to Winston and was AMAZING, but then back to McCree. -__-

I do not understand why I am penalized because some moron on my team decides to leave 3 minutes into the game. Just make the person who leaves eat the loss and let everyone who is not in a party with them have the game be worth nothing.

Whoops, I backed out of the ranked game after the level up screen to check my loot box and it flashed some sort of message that I didn't get to read. Am I screwed?

I do not understand why I am penalized because some moron on my team decides to leave 3 minutes into the game. Just make the person who leaves eat the loss and let everyone who is not in a party with them have the game be worth nothing.

Totally agree.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
i dont even know if your conmplaint posts are serious anymore

Half and half.

Though seriously.

Once that junkrat switched to pharah, we actually made some progress.

It's more about even now, why is junkrat on attack suddenly exploding in popularity in season 2?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Half and half.

Though seriously.

Once that junkrat switched to pharah, we actually made some progress.

It's more about even now, why is junkrat on attack suddenly exploding in popularity in season 2?
Area denial spam with some extra burst is good and FUCK TRACER AND GENJI
I routinely play Pharah and Junkrat on offense depending on the map and enemy comp, usually like Junk against Rein if too many anti pharah people

Xyber

The fuck is this bullshit, why do I keep getting games where one on my team decides to throw the fucking game because he don't like what someone else did or picked.

4 games so far in the past 3 hours.

Wow, had my first actual disconnection. Just playing normally then boom, login screen.

Luckily it was near the end of a lost match so I don't feel so bad.

edit: ok, just happened again. I think I'll stay out of overwatch for a bit.

Blues1990

I just got a notification that a new background download is happening for Overwatch. Is it anything important that I should know about?

Antiwhippy

Area denial spam with some extra burst is good and FUCK TRACER AND GENJI
I routinely play Pharah and Junkrat on offense depending on the map and enemy comp, usually like Junk against Rein if too many anti pharah people

Those junkrats get killed by tracer and genji an awful lot.

Problem about the area denial thing is that the defending team has a lot more freedom to move in their area vs the attack team.

I dunno, if I've met one that seems to do really well than I might not be so weirded out by it. I haven't really yet though. It just seems weird that such an middling attack option gets picked so much.

Hell, I had an attack widow previous match that outperformed our attack junkrat.

That match also had me going totally awesome as zarya.

ZangBa

Ana buff wishlist: Passthrough on shots.

Why do people pick Reinhardt and instead of being near the payload, just go out swinging 20 miles away. Why do you people have to do this to me???

Ana buff wishlist: Passthrough on shots.

Ana with passthrough would be so broken. Her healing is already fast. Being able to heal multiple chars at once with one shot is overkill. Heal people AND hit enemies at the same time. POTG's would just be Ana sniping whole lines of people in corridors while healing teammates.

And this is coming from someone who mains Ana. I would love it as an Ana main but it would definitely break the game.

Copenap

It is annoying but your suggestion is unfortunately not good at all, as it would just be exploited. It's a tricky thing for Blizz to figure out and not nearly as easy as some people think.

carlos

So I bought a ps4 copy of a gaffer, gone from 1 to 17 in two nights, use everyone except bastion, genji, and the 2 snipers. I did play the beta a lot, so hit me up with a psn friend request if you are a team player. random players are so frustrating, as the title of this thread confirms.
psn name is the same as my gaf name.

had a funny game with some randoms, ad we all picked soldier 76 and steamrolled the castle level; tried defense with 6 torjborns and it did not go well.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Those junkrats get killed by tracer and genji an awful lot.

Problem about the area denial thing is that the defending team has a lot more freedom to move in their area vs the attack team.

I dunno, if I've met one that seems to do really well than I might not be so weirded out by it. I haven't really yet though. It just seems weird that such an middling attack option gets picked so much.

Hell, I had an attack widow previous match that outperformed our attack junkrat.

That match also had me going totally awesome as zarya.
Sane reason Attacking Bastion is okay is if you(they) seize the slim opportunities to get your team through that choke. Basically with Junk or Bastion on attacking you are lowering the angles of attack the defending team has, then setting up past choke to allow your team to pass through.

Attacking Junk also deals well with Rein shield DPS (higher than Pharah) as that also halts a lot of people, as well as safe damaging roadhog, etc. for ult to kill 1-2 to start a push (or have them leave the choke because of ulti sound).

I dont think it's that bad and I played Junk attack on castle today with double gold elim/damage

I can't believe our team worked with a Bastion on offense. Wow.

Although it was weird that this guy on our team insisted we have a Mei. And I listened. And I wrecked shop.

I thank whoever that was lol

Bastion OP confirmed.

I found it funny that the other team didn't change characters to counter Bastion. So dumb.

Great game you did as Mei!

Ilios three times in a row lmao

When the guy quit on the beginning of the 2nd game I said to myself "thank god". Then it appeared again... I just accepted my fate lol.

God, why can people be so bad at this game. Insta locking DPS to end up doing nothing the entire time. Ran into a duo queue who insta locked McCree and Reaper. At one point we didn't have a single tank.

Pretty much every loss today was because randoms don't know how to shoot a Teacer or a Pharah. I'm really starting to hate comp.

GGs Nuno, those games were headache inducing.

Frustrating really, especially on KOTH. We were losing to a team with a Mercy and a Ana ffs. I was about to stop playing Lucio since no one did anything to stop the Tracers for killing me over and over again, but that would be even worse.

Only stopped playing now, lost around ~100SR, with an impressive string of losses.

On the other hand my team won the most crazy games, Eichenwalde with 5vs6 since basically the beginning of the 2nd round, and King's Row with a team without any support characters (the other team bailed out on the 2nd round lol).

The games I had were really low level unfortunately. Reinhardt/Mercy on KOTH, no healers, Symmetrias on attack and defending the 2nd point, the Genjis/Pharahs completely ignore the enemy teleporter, no one stays together, tons of quitters... it's too much.

It is annoying but your suggestion is unfortunately not good at all, as it would just be exploited. It's a tricky thing for Blizz to figure out and not nearly as easy as some people think.

How would it be exploited? If you are in the same party you eat the loss as well. I do not see randoms leaving the game for the good of the other 5 people they do not know.

xaosslug

how does the 'winning streak' in comp work? If I win 4 comp matches and then take a break to do qp, when I return to comp again will the streak still be in play?

ZangBa

Ana with passthrough would be so broken. Her healing is already fast. Being able to heal multiple chars at once with one shot is overkill. Heal people AND hit enemies at the same time. POTG's would just be Ana sniping whole lines of people in corridors while healing teammates.

And this is coming from someone who mains Ana. I would love it as an Ana main but it would definitely break the game.

Passthrough 1 person. It's just annoying having people keep walking in front of me, you know? I don't really think she's underpowered, but she has some annoyances.

Moonkeis

Had some great comp games tonight, the matches were just really balanced. I had the manliest Rein vs. Rein battles with this team, nano boosted in all its glory. It's times like these where I could careless if it's a win/lost, the team gameplay was just intense.

LiK

It's a shame. Can only play with you on friday/saturday nights, during the week is impossible because of the time zones.

i'm closing the app from now on instead of having it opened in Rest Mode. i might be on this weekend since trophies aren't disabled for non-free clients.

Antiwhippy

Sane reason Attacking Bastion is okay is if you(they) seize the slim opportunities to get your team through that choke. Basically with Junk or Bastion on attacking you are lowering the angles of attack the defending team has, then setting up past choke to allow your team to pass through.

Attacking Junk also deals well with Rein shield DPS (higher than Pharah) as that also halts a lot of people, as well as safe damaging roadhog, etc. for ult to kill 1-2 to start a push (or have them leave the choke because of ulti sound).

I dont think it's that bad and I played Junk attack on castle today with double gold elim/damage

Defending teams will just move to an area where there aren't as many grenades.

That's the thing, Defending teams have a lot more room to attack. That's why people think of hanamura as chokepoint hell, because your area of movement is really limited. They just simply have more angles than you. Attack bastion or junk isn't going to change that.

Also hitscan DPS on defense = bye bye junk. I have killed so many junks as soldier and they couldn't even move past the chokepoint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbueOM__YTI

26/2 as a Lucio. Sadly didn't save the first round. But looking back at the video, I think I've gotten my Lucio game sense to where I want it to be. Then again given how often I have to play Lucio in comp, I certainly hope I improved lol.

And somehow I keep getting games with people who actually talk when I'm solo queuing.

I try to play Overwatch casually, I prefer to avoid competitive unless I'm on a really strong team, so more often then not I'll chill out in Quick Play.

But when you're the attacking team on Eichenwald and you have no healers and a Bastion... fuuuuuuuuck, I'm really trying to play with a casual mind set. But fuuuuuuuuck.

Jellie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbueOM__YTI

26/2 as a Lucio. Sadly didn't save the first round. But looking back at the video, I think I've gotten my Lucio game sense to where I want it to be. Then again given how often I have to play Lucio in comp, I certainly hope I improved lol.

And somehow I keep getting games with people who actually talk when I'm solo queuing.
Watched the first round so far so I'll give a few tips based on what I saw/some general stuff.

It seems you amp it up whenever it's off CD. Use it only when necessary otherwise you may need it but it's on CD. Situations where 3 or more are below 75% or one person is critical bit note in danger.

If they are in danger speed boost them out first before you or Zen can heal them safely. Also use speed boost to boost your team into the enemy before you sound barrier IF you use it aggressively and tell them what you are doing. If used defensively to save somebody or counter ult just use it and heal up.

Speed boost is also useful when your team ults. Blizzard plus speed boost is really good so you can get your team to them quickly as they start to slow down and you can boop people into its radius if needed and you feel evil/your inner mei.

You got good survivability though which is key for Lucio. Pretty good Lucio so hopefully those tips help you to improve further.
Only for free clients. We are safe.
I just saw. Was really worried I would do the requirements for a hard one by accident and not get it.

Rocketz

Well after the disaster of the other day, tonight was much better. Went from 2330 all the way up to 2752. Lost my last two matches before I called it quits and ended up at 2700 exactly for the night.

Happy with the results. I'm pretty optimistic now I can make it to Diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom