• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

It feels like people are way more reluctant this season in switching characters to adapt and from what I've seen it's usually because they have a golden weapon with the character they're using. I've lost count of the times I've been paired with people that throw team composition out of the window so they can show off their golden guns.

In my experience people throw team composition out of the window so they can play DPS and try for that increased RS gain.

Greddleok

What I've been noticing is that if you steam roll the opponent on attack, the team is really unwilling to switch when it's time for defence.

As though the team comp is perfect for both situations. Only then you just get steam rolled yourself.

I-hate-u

The tips section in the character select menu should warn if there is only 1 healer. Doesn't help when most healer picks I experience are sole Lucios and Zens. The former lacks burst healing, and the latter can't heal everyone fast enough.

chocoedd

Finally jumped in and bought this about few days ago. My brother who are in Diamond rank keep scolding me when he watched me play. "Keep moving while shooting! Don't just stand there! Goddamit use the 'e' skill! Stop using Widowmaker!" He probably directed his anger toward me because he lost 8 games in the row.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
just got ten upvotes (are they called upvotes? only started today)
feels good man

ISOM

What I've been noticing is that if you steam roll the opponent on attack, the team is really unwilling to switch when it's time for defence.

As though the team comp is perfect for both situations. Only then you just get steam rolled yourself.

I've found the opposite is more true. You steam roll the other team and then the team decides to switch up the composition and we end up getting steamrolled. I've had this happen to me multiple times.

Frustrating really, especially on KOTH. We were losing to a team with a Mercy and a Ana ffs. I was about to stop playing Lucio since no one did anything to stop the Tracers for killing me over and over again, but that would be even worse.
Yeah, that Tracer was beyond frustrating. That's why I switched to tracer in the second round. She disappeared there. I shouldn't of switched to reaper after that, that was a dumb move on my part because the Tracer just went on after that. I switched to Reaper to try and deal with that Roadhog and the one other tank that were starting to go off. Then Tracer came back.

I just need to stick with Tracer, Genji, and Zarya for KOTH because those are the heroes I perform best with on at mode, and I'll have Roadhog as a last resort(I know his hook is broken, but in the right circumstances, he still puts in work).

It seems like in this day and age, the best counter to Tracer is another better Tracer.

It feels like people are way more reluctant this season in switching characters to adapt and from what I've seen it's usually because they have a golden weapon with the character they're using. I've lost count of the times I've been paired with people that throw team composition out of the window so they can show off their golden guns.

The problem is that Blizzard reinforces this.

Why change from DPS to healer in a comp midway? If we lose, I'll lose substantially more because I couldn't put up the stats in either category that I could've by just sticking to one or the other. If we win, I'll win decidedly less.

Unless they rework the weight of player skill in determining skill rating, we will see much more of this. I can't even blame the players.

HiiiLife

nigga why didnt you go to sleep with the rest of us
b12084c95d3ac99adc43576cfeab7d3f.90x90x1.png

Still not a fan of the way skill rank gets averaged in this game, like 2 diamonds, 2 golds and 2 plats will crush 6 plats more often than not if the diamonds carry in the dps/tank slot and the golds stick to healing.
The problem is that Blizzard reinforces this.

Why change from DPS to healer in a comp midway? If we lose, I'll lose substantially more because I couldn't put up the stats in either category that I could've by just sticking to one or the other. If we win, I'll win decidedly less.

Unless they rework the weight of player skill in determining skill rating, we will see much more of this. I can't even blame the players.
Sorry I missed your invite earlier man, I was eating lunch. Will probably hop on in an hour or two and get the competitive train rolling.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Can I please get out of the rank where every defending team stacks in defense characters and proceeds to lose the point after 1 or 2 team fights?

Please?

I even pointed it out at the start of the match but noooooo.

"Defense characters are good at defense"

Way to go blizzard.

Can I please get out of the rank where every defending team stacks in defense characters and proceeds to lose the point after 1 or 2 team fights?

Please?

I even pointed it out at the start of the match but noooooo.

"Defense characters are good at defense"

Way to go blizzard.
It's funny that at least 2 or 3 of the defense heroes are better on offense than on defense.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like only mei and junkrat are good on defense honestly.

But not all at the same time.

With all the other defense characters with no dps.

rulerk1

just finished playing my first session and this game is a lot of fun. Hero of the game seems rigged tho. I got 23 kills streaks still didn't get it and got like 2 upvotes. Do people not like the turrent dude lol. I like how they put you against players of similar rank, like Splatoon. I dont know why they didnt do that for COD.

When do I get money tho

HiiiLife

just finished playing my first session and this game is a lot of fun. Hero of the game seems rigged tho. I got 23 kills streaks still didn't get it and got like 2 upvotes. Do people not like the turrent dude lol. I like how they put you against players of similar rank, like Splatoon. I dont know why they didnt do that for COD.

When do I get money tho
when you say turret do you mean bastion or torbjorn. If bastion, because you're bastion. If Torbjorn because people will usually vote for themselves lol

And you get money in loot boxes

xaosslug

When do I get money tho

nope, peeps do not like Torb. You can completely carry a match and be the only team member w/ a card at the end but peeps still don't give him any props. smh

you have a chance to get gold from loot boxes (outright or if there's a duplicate of an item you already have) after you level up.

Special C

How does overbuff calculate percentiles? Does it take into account time played as a character during the match? I feel like its punishing me for switching characters. I play Lucio on PL defense and switch to Meecy for offense and both my healing stats are extremely low despite the fact I know im healing good.

Owzers

I'm still getting out-Reined in some games, my Rein gets pinned and killed by Rein, i need to start doing the pinning. One pin last night was especially annoying because i got pinned by him curving around a corner with his charge and like a magnet i got pulled to him for the pin.

Also played some Mercy and had a good game, my sneaky practice payed off but i could be sneakier.

Jellie

I'm still getting out-Reined in some games, my Rein gets pinned and killed by Rein, i need to start doing the pinning. One pin last night was especially annoying because i got pinned by him curving around a corner with his charge and like a magnet i got pulled to him for the pin.

Also played some Mercy and had a good game, my sneaky practice payed off but i could be sneakier.

Dunno if you know it already but if he charges at you and you can't get out of the way charge back and it'll stun you both and you won't be pinned.

Azoor

I was cycling through Twitch streams and saw a team getting beaten by a 3 man team. One was Reinhardt, and one was Solider and the last one was ... Mei!

And the Mei was the one that actually managed to annoy them the most and halted the payload a lot.

Owzers

Dunno if you know it already but if he charges at you and you can't get out of the way charge back and it'll stun you both and you won't be pinned.

i have to start being more mindful of that, usually it's short distance and if i don't swerve out of the way i don't think to charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom