• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
Eh, I agree, but I still think 2 tanks / 2 healer / 2 offense is the best way to go.

i meant as in fun to play

roadhog pls

Why did no one tell me Dva was so fucking awesome? I keep getting like a 3:1 kdr with her. I just did like 50% of my teams damage.

she's awesome until you get discorded with a charged up zarya in your face

ZangBa

Does the system really take away more points or give you less for playing support/tank? That might explain why I only gained 2 goddamn points for playing Reinhardt yesterday, but that seems too stupid to be real.

Ramirez

Does the system really take away more points or give you less for playing support/tank? That might explain why I only gained 2 goddamn points for playing Reinhardt yesterday, but that seems too stupid to be real.

I gain and lose 25-30 no matter what I play.

X-Frame

3 losses in a row, that's my cue to sign off for now. I should stop after 2 losses ideally, oh well.

Each loss is when 2 of less people, including myself, are talking. Each time. When there are 5-6 people talking, winning is almost guaranteed.

antitrop

Whoa, did well as Zen. Was on fire too. I need to practice him some more.

If you're good about putting the discords down, Zen catches on fire so quickly. Might be the easiest character to catch on fire now, after Roadhog's self-healing was changed to not move the fire bar anymore.

Farewell

They need a better penalty for leavers in my opinion, the XP penalty is nothing.

The only thing that i hate about this game so far are leavers.

On Numbani defense and a team finished with 3:57. The game gave them 4:45.

How is that fair? They literally steamrolled us and they get more time? Bullshit.

We actually came back and would've won the damn match if they didn't get that extra time. Such fucking bullshit. How is 4 minutes not enough time?

i have to start being more mindful of that, usually it's short distance and if i don't swerve out of the way i don't think to charge.

Practice baiting out his charge- stand slightly angled, and drop your shield when you see him do his Bald Bull wind-up, and then move to the side (I know this is obvious, but you can always get better at it). The goal isn't to have him whiff- although that's fairly easy if you stay near a solid object- but to get knocked into the air rather than pinned. Turn and charge into him, energy strike, hammer.

Rein vs Rein is hilarious because both players will often spend the match with their bloodlust up, trying to crush the other Rein, to the exclusion of all else.

They need a better penalty for leavers in my opinion, the XP penalty is nothing.

The only thing that i hate about this game so far are leavers.
It should also prevent people from joining a match with less than a minute left. Nothing I love more than immediately joining a game only to lose and fuck up my w/l ratio.

Farewell

Just got my second legendary in this demo, wadjet for Ana.

I guess Blizzard is doing some dirty tricks to make me buy this game haha.

It should also prevent people from joining a match with less than a minute left. Nothing I love more than immediately joining a game only to lose and fuck up my w/l ratio.

Yea agree.

NeoRaider

Why did no one tell me Dva was so fucking awesome? I keep getting like a 3:1 kdr with her. I just did like 50% of my teams damage.

She is AMAZING. I can't stop using her on every map basically. After they buffed her (made her what she should have been from day 1) she is sooo good. Even better with good healer, like Ana or Mercy.

This is what i did today, too bad Tracer ruined my POTG: XD

https://streamable.com/jmcj

Jellie

On Numbani defense and a team finished with 3:57. The game gave them 4:45.

How is that fair? They literally steamrolled us and they get more time? Bullshit.

We actually came back and would've won the damn match if they didn't get that extra time. Such fucking bullshit. How is 4 minutes not enough time?

Did you finish with less than a minute left? If so they top you up to a minute and give the other team an equal amount of time.

The randoms I've been getting, started at 2400, and ended up at 2272.
20160910134018_1.jpg
Sure, go make our team comp 1 tank and 5 dps, can't switch off D.VA if it ends up with us not having a tank to push with, or the only healer being Ana because "that's good enough".

Support life becoming too much aggravation after 2 rounds lost in KotH that I said fuck it, left the team healer-less and rode in as D-Va...and it worked? we turned that around and won 3 in a row.

Plum

Weighing up whether I should get the console version since I'm going to Uni and I'll be without my PC for months at a time. Played the free weekend and it seems to control just fine but I'm not sure whether the value proposition is worth it. What should I do, GAF?

Nohar

I began playing Junkrat. I'm not very good yet, but still, his bombs are amazing when aimed correctly. I managed to deal 33% of my total team's damage in two games in a row. I guess I should give Roadhog a try too.

I-hate-u

Season 2 is making me jaded when it comes to team composition. Like, if we don't have a Rein, Zarya, Zen and a Lucio on the team, I get worried.

How is the PS4 doing with the influx of new Widows and Hanzos? lol

I've been playing Hanzo exclusively on the free weekend on the PS4 and it's been going great. I've owned the game since release on the PC but wanted to see what it was like on consoles out of curiosity. I might lower my graphics settings on the PC just for readability because it seems like I can just see so much more on the console because of the lower graphics settings. It's so refreshing to see a variety of characters running around instead of the same dumb cookie cutter comps. Also everyone is so quiet. Only people who talked was a small child playing reaper and some guy eating something very fleshy and squishy over the mic.

It's so much more relaxing when no one is talking and despite how awkward the controls feel for me I'm completely relaxed playing Hanzo which hasn't been the case since release since there are so many salty booty players in the PC who cry about seeing him even in quick play. The PS4 version has inspired me to hard commit slam picking him in comp for the PC for this season in solo q while pre-muting everybody and disabling the chat. I'm more convinced than ever this is the way to go.

xaosslug

lol, peeps need to stop emoting before the deal is done. I just had an S76 emoting on the 1st point of Anubis when they ALMOST took it... but I stopped 'em w/ a nerf. Suffice it to saw they lost. (obviously he was a casualty because he was stuck in the emote animation and couldn't run!!) xD

Weighing up whether I should get the console version since I'm going to Uni and I'll be without my PC for months at a time. Played the free weekend and it seems to control just fine but I'm not sure whether the value proposition is worth it. What should I do, GAF?

DO IT. Go PS4 and JOIN USSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :D

Moonkeis

lol, peeps need to stop emoting before the deal is done. I just had an S76 emoting on the 1st point of Anubis when they ALMOST took it... but I stopped 'em w/ a nerf. Suffice it to saw they lost. xD

Nothing more face palm worthy than when one of your random team members start talking trash and getting cocky only to get stomped after the second point. It's like "I'm not associated with this dude".

Jellie

Yeah, but that just doesn't seem fair when they already have more time than us, especially when it's 4 minutes.
Think it's fair otherwise you'd have less than a minute. They give you extra time so they should get the same time added.

Solo queued against a 3 stack of level 500 masters and a duo while my team is all solo. And now a quad team great.

xaosslug

Nothing more face palm worthy than when one of your random team members start talking trash and getting cocky only to get stomped after the second point. It's like "I'm not associated with this dude".

the best part (for me) was he was stuck in the animation and had to just stand there and watch in horror. xD

KanameYuuki

Right now I'm giving the game a try to see if I should but it or not, 4 games so far and have being enjoying it. I'm usually a support guy and this seems quite my alley, but I was wondering how many support sould be there at least, I've been usually the only one but I'm not sure that's enough, last match I was zenyatta with a lucio on our team and we were wrecking them, then that lucio decided to use a dps and it all went downhill.

If any of you need another player to fill up or something hit me up, psn Josh-Shiki

Right now I'm giving the game a try to see if I should but it or not, 4 games so far and have being enjoying it. I'm usually a support guy and this seems quite my alley, but I was wondering how many support sould be there at least, I've been usually the only one but I'm not sure that's enough, last match I was zenyatta with a lucio on our team and we were wrecking them, then that lucio decided to use a dps and it all went downhill.

If any of you need another player to fill up or something hit me up, psn Josh-Shiki

Double support is pretty standard. However if you end up being stuck as solo support. Mercy and lucio are best at it. Possible with Ana but they need to be very good. Zen has it hard being solo healer.

Should have gone Lucio on our first round in numbani Optimus. When you see your Mercy going 1vs6 with her little pistol instead of backing out to us that round was lost. We could have draw though, I don't understand why some people feel the need of going solo when the time is ending, our Zarya, Roadhog and Symmetria were all by themselves. I had to back up because Reaper was on the high ground looking at the opportunity to jump at us.

GG at Nepal, you basically carried the team.

Anyone on PS4 want to duo or trio queue?

I will be up in a hour or so.

Jellie

Managed to stall out A on Kings row for about two minutes/my team to get back from spawn 3 times after they died just now. Lost the point eventually but managed to win the game. Won two on the trot now since losing my 6 win streak bringing me up to 3367 now.

Should have gone Lucio on our first round in numbani Optimus. When you see your Mercy going 1vs6 with her little pistol instead of backing out to us that round was lost. We could have draw though, I don't understand why some people feel the need of going solo when the time is ending, our Zarya, Roadhog and Symmetria were all by themselves. I had to back up because Reaper was on the high ground looking at the opportunity to jump at us.

Did your team just die recently when Mercy went in? Maybe trying to get ult charge to rez the team up.

Yeah, that Numbani was rough. Them boops on Nepal though :p
Did your team just die recently when Mercy went in? Maybe trying to get ult charge to rez the team up.
We were all right behind her. She thought she was Reinhardt. She wasn't.

Plus she already had rez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom